Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

breast feeding in public

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

As mrs mally is close to the end of her pregnancy the subject of breast feeding is always going on, and this morning on GMTV it was also brought up, apparently mums are still made to feel uncomfortable breast feeding in public, even being told if they could not do it, I'm surprised some people still think its wrong that a mother breast feeds her child while out and about, personally I don't have a problem with it, but why do others?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *arlot ScarlettWoman
over a year ago

Bolton

I did it, not very often admittedly, but no one ever noticed as I was so discreet! You don't need to get them totally out, some women seem to deliberately make a big scene about it for some bizarre reason, probably to provoke a reaction! Good luck and all the best by the way!

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Peeps have a problem cause society is sad and frowns on it (although not as much now)

The way i look at it i would not find someone eating in a restaurant offensive so why the hell a baby lol

This planet amazes me sometimes xx

over a year ago

i fed my youngest and i loved it,you couldnt tell i was feeding him as i was discreet about it but i do remember once feeding him in a cafe,and a woman came over to me and told me to feed him in a toilet as i was putting her of her lunch,couldnt believe what she said so i told her to go eat her lunch in the toilet and leave us alone.

By *heekychezzaWoman
over a year ago

warrington

My mum breast-fed all five of her babies...and she fed on demand which frequently meant breast feeding in public...she said it was never an issue for her and that most people were totally unaware of her doing it. To my mind there is nothing unoffensive about it.

over a year ago

i fed my daughter in a cafe in a department store , i was with a friend who was bottle feeding her son at the time i was asked not breast feed as it was upsetting some of the other customers i was furious she was covered up and it was one of my first trips out with her as a newborn i wrote to the local paper and did get an apology but wouldnt ever go in there again it appaluling how some people treat breast feeding mums , there is a cafe in our town that has a designated area for breast feeding mums

By *heekychezzaWoman
over a year ago

warrington

"i fed my youngest and i loved it,you couldnt tell i was feeding him as i was discreet about it but i do remember once feeding him in a cafe,and a woman came over to me and told me to feed him in a toilet as i was putting her of her lunch,couldnt believe what she said so i told her to go eat her lunch in the toilet and leave us alone."

brilliant response

By *havenangel1Couple
over a year ago

Worcester

I have 5 children and have breast fed them all. I've always done it in public, tesco, coffee shops, out for lunch or meals and although i was discrete i never tried to hide it after all it is the most natural thing in the world. I think people that have a problem with it should get over themselves and stop viewing it as something disturbing after all feeding is what breasts are primarily for

over a year ago

Never had a problem with it, and our daughter was always happy to breastfeed our grandchildren whether we were in public or not.

I guess some people are of a generation where this kind of thing just wasn't done and anything 'personal or private' was kept behind closed doors. I expect there are those that have been brought up to believe this still.

I do think that the attitudes of society have, by and large have changed over recent years.

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

"i fed my daughter in a cafe in a department store , i was with a friend who was bottle feeding her son at the time i was asked not breast feed as it was upsetting some of the other customers i was furious she was covered up and it was one of my first trips out with her as a newborn i wrote to the local paper and did get an apology but wouldnt ever go in there again it appaluling how some people treat breast feeding mums , there is a cafe in our town that has a designated area for breast feeding mums "

if that happens to us while we're out, I will be asking who exactly complained about it, you'd probably find that the staff just don't want to see breast feeding in their establishment, the feedback we've heard ourselves is that most members of the public wouldn't be put off if some one was sat nearby breast feeding, some times I think the media likes to make something from nothing really.

over a year ago

Guess it all boils down to how it's done.

If it's done with consideration to others and the surroundings, then I can't see a problem.

Then you have the 'fuck you' I do what I want, when I want, where I want types...

Guess which one will have the issues?

over a year ago

Me ex-wife breast feed our daughter never had any problems. But when a friend came to the house one day, he was sat next to the ex while she was feeding and he was all red face'd when he noticed. Poor bugger

over a year ago

i have to say i was am not one to write in to papers or anything like that but i was unable to feed my eldest my self and my daughter was early so it was very very lucky i was able to feed her my self i had a lot of problems doing it but kept on with it and it is an amazing thing to do so now when i see breast feeding moms i always think good on ya x

over a year ago

I didnt breasfeed my boys and wont be breasfeeding this one. If women want to breastfeed in public then it doesnt bother me. However, I do find some women have a high and mighty attitude and actually look for confrontation over the matter when there really is no need to. i would say there will be a very small minority who may encounter problems but then that is the problem of the other person. I think too much of a big deal is made out of it these day. As long as you are reasonably discrete which the vast majority are then there is no need for others to take offence.

By *uton_coupleCouple
over a year ago

luton

in spain they drink wine from a thing called a Porrón

its got a pointed spout on it and they squirt the wine into there mouths at arms length

it is not unussual in outlying villages to see women squirting milk into there babys mouth from 4 or 5 feet away

some that are good at it can get 2 jets in the babys mouth at the same time

without spilling a drop

i was so shocked the first time i saw it , i stood there with my mouth open

over a year ago

I totally support doing it in public however I can't seem to find many women who will let me have a nibble, most I approach slap my face

over a year ago

"I totally support doing it in public however I can't seem to find many women who will let me have a nibble, most I approach slap my face "

over a year ago

It bothers me when the women who do it are doing it in such a way they may as well have a banner saying "IVE GOT MY TITS OUT WANNA START SOMETHING PIG???".

over a year ago

totally natural thing to do,some people are just prudish about any nudity,there problm!

Post new Message to Thread