Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

PLEASE HELP

Jump to newest

By *uton_couple OP   Couple
over a year ago

luton

can you read the newspaper link and write to your mp to help this poor family

they are going to be in serrious trouble when they cut the £8000 per month housing bennifit down to £1600 per month

this family only have 5 bedrooms at the moment and they clearly need 7 or so

can you ask your mp to get the local council to serve stella mccartney with an eviction notice , so they can knock 2 houses into one

oh............. and offer to pay the £16000 per month ( yes its only sixteen thousand per month ) that the 2 houses will cost

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1293730/Somali-asylum-seeker-family-given-2m-house--complaining-5-bed-London-home-poor-area.html

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Honestly what is this country coming too the govt is so hard

They will be making them work for a living next i ask you xx

over a year ago

Flaming ell, i had a tenant come to see me last week, lives on benefits, claiming all they "think" they are are entitled to for not working, want a move as they are fed up of the area and dont want to lay the £1000 decking down in case we can sort them a new house, funny how he gets disability benefits but can lay the decking, and there's me having to save all my small change for a new bed at £169 , makes me wonder why i bother to fecking work, send em back to their own country to con the benefits department there

over a year ago

"they didn't like the 'poorer' part of the city".

Oh bless them, I'm sure once the Queen hears of their suffering she will happily give up Buck House for them & I am sure within a few years they will of managed to over crowd that too!

over a year ago

A friend of our family had lived in Greece for about 15 year, all the time paying her stamp etc to this country.

She was married to a guy from Greece, however he was abusive towards her and after years she finally decided to leave him and come back 'home'.

When she explained all this to the right people they said they could do little about it right away even though she explained she had nowhere to live, they then asked if she had brought her husband with her, No she said as I explained I left him because he beat me, oh they said, that's a shame really because if he was with you and with him being foreign we would have to give you both somewhere to stay right now and pay him £97 right away.

over a year ago

Part of me is hoping i lose my job so i can claim all those benefits that can make me wealthy and live comfortably.

By *atisfy janeWoman
over a year ago

Torquay

Must be true....it's in the Daily Mail after all.....

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

"Must be true....it's in the Daily Mail after all....."

How did I guess you were going to say that

over a year ago

luton

"Must be true....it's in the Daily Mail after all.....

How did I guess you were going to say that "

us 2, been waiting all day, pmsl

over a year ago

"Must be true....it's in the Daily Mail after all.....

How did I guess you were going to say that "

Predictable ?

Jeez - did I really say that ?

By *atisfy janeWoman
over a year ago

Torquay

[Removed by poster at 11/07/10 20:18:01]

By *atisfy janeWoman
over a year ago

Torquay

May 2006.…Daily Mail has to pay Elton John £100,000 compensation for printing a completely untrue story about him.

March 2008.…Daily Mail pay American Billionaire Sheldon Adelson £4 million pounds in compensation and legal costs for printing lies about his business dealings

November 2009.….Actress Kate Winslet wins £25,000 damages for false story printed by the Daily Mail

July 2008 ….Robert Murat awarded £130,000 compensation against the Daily Mail for the story they carried about him having had previous record for sexual offences against children after he was living in the villa next door to missing child Madeline McCann….in reality he had never been arrested anywhere in the UK nor anywhere on the planet for any crime….ever!

March 2010.….Michael Parkinson vs. Daily Mail…£25,000

December 2008 Actor Mark Lester vs. Daily Mail…..£225,000

November 2008 Footballer Marco Materazzi vs. Daily Mail…..£172,000

March 2006 David & Victoria Beckham vs. Daily Mail…..Undisclosed damages

October 2003 Actress Diana Rigg vs. Daily Mail….£39,700

Alan Sugar vs. …. Daily Mail 2003 £100,000

Dr Austen Ivereigh vs. Daily Mail £30,000

Captain Mark Phillips vs. Daily Mail 2007.…Undisclosed damages

Actor Hugh Grant April 2007 vs. Daily Mail…..’substantial’ Undisclosed damages

Football Manager Glen Roeder August 2009 vs. Daily Mail….£120,000

Thea Rogers of BBC Newsnight August 2009 vs. Daily Mail….Undisclosed damages

Football Manager Dennis Wise October 2007 vs. Daily Mail £37,000

Just the tip of a stinking infested iceberg……

over a year ago

luton

"May 2006.…Daily Mail has to pay Elton John £100,000 compensation for printing a completely untrue story about him.

March 2008.…Daily Mail pay American Billionaire Sheldon Adelson £4 million pounds in compensation and legal costs for printing lies about his business dealings

November 2009.….Actress Kate Winslet wins £25,000 damages for false story printed by the Daily Mail

July 2008 ….Robert Murat awarded £130,000 compensation against the Daily Mail for the story they carried about him having had previous record for sexual offences against children after he was living in the villa next door to missing child Madeline McCann….in reality he had never been arrested anywhere in the UK nor anywhere on the planet for any crime….ever!

March 2010.….Michael Parkinson vs. Daily Mail…£25,000

December 2008 Actor Mark Lester vs. Daily Mail…..£225,000

November 2008 Footballer Marco Materazzi vs. Daily Mail…..£172,000

March 2006 David & Victoria Beckham vs. Daily Mail…..Undisclosed damages

October 2003 Actress Diana Rigg vs. Daily Mail….£39,700

Alan Sugar vs. …. Daily Mail 2003 £100,000

Dr Austen Ivereigh vs. Daily Mail £30,000

Captain Mark Phillips vs. Daily Mail 2007.…Undisclosed damages

Actor Hugh Grant April 2007 vs. Daily Mail…..’substantial’ Undisclosed damages

Football Manager Glen Roeder August 2009 vs. Daily Mail….£120,000

Thea Rogers of BBC Newsnight August 2009 vs. Daily Mail….Undisclosed damages

Football Manager Dennis Wise October 2007 vs. Daily Mail £37,000

Just the tip of a stinking infested iceberg……

"

looks like those asylum seekers will sue the daily mail aswell

theres only one problem , the tax payer will have to pick up the legal aid bill

unless the poor chap can get his job back as a bus conductor £6.50 per hour

minimum wage

By *he BananamanMan
over a year ago

WORCESTERSHIRE

dont you just love it when these lefties get wound up about something?.lol

By *he BananamanMan
over a year ago

WORCESTERSHIRE

the somali guy is described as an unemployed bus conductor and could never afford to keep his very,very large family on a bus conductors wage so he claims for everything he can!,do you think his offspring will ever work in this country now that daddy has shown them how easy it is to live in luxury off state handouts?,i don't think so!.

so you and i will have to work even harder & for longer now to provide for another family of scroungers!.

over a year ago

dont you just love it when these lefties get wound up about something?.lol

over a year ago

luton

the coalition government have been duped by the daily mail aswell !!!

in the last budget they cut housing benifit from £2000 a week down to £400

they were concerned the country was going bankrupt paying out these telephone number sums of money

and it was all a story made up by the daily mail

i feel so stupid now because i beleived it

but then so did the people running the country

thank goodness there are people on this site who can show us the error of our ways

By *he BananamanMan
over a year ago

WORCESTERSHIRE

"the coalition government have been duped by the daily mail aswell !!!

in the last budget they cut housing benifit from £2000 a week down to £400

they were concerned the country was going bankrupt paying out these telephone number sums of money

and it was all a story made up by the daily mail

i feel so stupid now because i beleived it

but then so did the people running the country

thank goodness there are people on this site who can show us the error of our ways "

AMEN.

over a year ago

I have been a council tennant for 12 years and need to prove that im english to get back on the waiting list grrrr.

By *lassic1Man
over a year ago

bellshill

"I have been a council tennant for 12 years and need to prove that im english to get back on the waiting list grrrr."

Dont fret...you just show them that you cant play football

Cant play cricket

Cant play rugby

Shit hot at Morris dancing..

Piece of piss ...games a good un.

By *he BananamanMan
over a year ago

WORCESTERSHIRE

you should not say things like that shaz!,you will incurr the wrath of the lefties and be accused of being a member of the BNP!.LOL

By *ustyWoman
over a year ago

inverclyde

i was out of work for over 6 months and never got a penny job seekers allownace as they said i have capital in my ex marital home which is tied up in my divorce settlement how is one meant to survive on nothing

By *he BananamanMan
over a year ago

WORCESTERSHIRE

somehow or other certain sections of the community seem to get a lot more housing help and benefits than the rest of us!,why on earth is that allowed to happen?.

over a year ago

luton

"somehow or other certain sections of the community seem to get a lot more housing help and benefits than the rest of us!,why on earth is that allowed to happen?."

my father was a soldier for 6 years in the second world war

he saw action all over europe and north africa

in 1957 he went to the labour exchange and asked for help in finding a job

he was told that thousands of hungarian refugees were coming in and as far as he was concerned he could fuck of and find a job on his own

so to answer your question , i guess some peoples need is greater than others

By *he BananamanMan
over a year ago

WORCESTERSHIRE

i need money!,if i go to the bank and ask for money will they just give it to me?.

over a year ago

People should really stop reading the daily mail...you'll get a more "balanced" view at a BNP rally.

By *harpDressed ManMan
over a year ago

Here occasionally, but mostly somewhere else

"People should really stop reading the daily mail...you'll get a more "balanced" view at a BNP rally."

It's perfectly safe to read the Daily Mail, as long as you're willing to filter it all four large steps to the left.

This will get you to a healthy "right of centre" viewpoint, from which you can intelligent debate with the equally healthy "left of centre" people who read the Daily Mirror and filter it four equally large steps to the right.

Or just read both and take an average.

over a year ago

Or...people could just think for themselves.

By *harpDressed ManMan
over a year ago

Here occasionally, but mostly somewhere else

"Or...people could just think for themselves."

Sadly I think we're past that. How will we know which Big Brother contestant to hate without the tabloid press to think on our behalf?

over a year ago

If I ever start watching that it's really time to give up!.

over a year ago

luton

"People should really stop reading the daily mail...you'll get a more "balanced" view at a BNP rally."

or............. they can read a story in the daily mail , and then watch the same story on sky news and bbc news

then they will have a balanced veiwpoint

that is far better than suggesting that because a story is in the daily mail it is not true , as some on here try to do

mayby i will get the daily mail to run a story about me , saying i never do the washing up , make the bed , or do hoovering

then if the wife ever nags me about doing the chores i can show her the story in the paper proving it is all lies

yes............. that just about sums up the intelligence of people that dont like some of the storys in the daily mail

that stance cuts no ice with me , and increasingly more and more people are coming to the same veiwpoint

By *he BananamanMan
over a year ago

WORCESTERSHIRE

we could of course al read the daily mirror and/or the morning star as these really do offer a balanced unbiggotted view dont they?,and i can se the pink pigs flying fropm here!.

By *ertnbeckyCouple
over a year ago

oldham

i recently tried to claim sickness benefit (having my leg amputated at the knee tomorrow) got a letter back from them whilst in hospital saying i wasn,t ill enough to be considered for anything and a leaflet entitled we will help you back to work. i love the system we live in.

over a year ago

Certain papers have certain agendas that's all I was saying.

If people wish to blame the unemployed and immigration for all this country's

ills then that's up to them.

However,I'd say,it's that that would speak more of an individuals "intelligence".

By *he BananamanMan
over a year ago

WORCESTERSHIRE

my brother had a brain tumour and the small company he worked for could not or would not make arrangements for lighter easier work for him so they "paid him off",after he had his brain op the jobcentre were trying all the tricks to get him back to work ASAP!.

you see once you have a record as a worker the system wants you to continue

working harder and longer so that your taxes can support the workshy,the drug addicts and the flood of immigrants who of course take top priority for housing benefits and medical treatment!.

over a year ago

"Flood of immigrants" ?...more people leave this country every year than come into it!.

over a year ago

"Certain papers have certain agendas that's all I was saying.

If people wish to blame the unemployed and immigration for all this country's

ills then that's up to them.

However,I'd say,it's that that would speak more of an individuals "intelligence"."

Couldn't agree more!

over a year ago

Thank you sassy...was starting to feel lonely here

over a year ago

"Thank you sassy...was starting to feel lonely here "

LOL...thought I'd join in - why should you have all the fun?!!

over a year ago

"looks like those asylum seekers will sue the daily mail aswell

theres only one problem , the tax payer will have to pick up the legal aid bill

unless the poor chap can get his job back as a bus conductor £6.50 per hour

minimum wage "

I think the point is that there is no somali family. Also you don't get legal aid for liable cases (another examle of where the rich have the deck stacked in their favour).

Being on the dole (having been made redundant cos a bunch of rich fuckers would rather make 30% profit in a recesion than let me keep my job) I am entitled to every penny i get from the state, so be careful what you say to criticise you never know who is gonna be out of work next.

By *oe_Steve_NWestCouple
over a year ago

Bolton

""Flood of immigrants" ?...more people leave this country every year than come into it!."

Hell fella take a walk around wakefield and have a good look at the people and then say that again.

Steve

By *atisfy janeWoman
over a year ago

Torquay

I don't think the argument here is about whether or not members of this site support immigration of non EU citizens, I think all of us would admit to being at least a little concerned about this.

The question is whether or not newspapers like the Daily Mail (Express, Sun, Daily Star as well) take a news story and fill it out with half truths and downright made up information.

The Daily Mail in particular is renowned for 'sexing up' news stories to appeal to an often frightened and gullible section of the UK public.

Incidentally the problem with migration, although nothing new, is being felt by richer nations all over the world.

The sheer amount of wars and conflict in Africa, Eastern Europe and the Middle East over the last Twenty years has led to record amounts of non EU citizens seeking to get into richer countries.

If you think it's any different elsewhere then look at the recent and very real problems that Australia, Canada and the USA have faced with illegal immigrants and asylum seekers.

So yes there is a deep worry about immigration, but it's the press manipulation of many migrant stories that impact upon the less intelligent amongst us.

over a year ago

Really did not want to say owt - but can't sit on my mouth.

Countries like Germany and Switzerland make short business of immegrants, who have not been accepted by sending them back.

We give them houses, money and medical care; I worked since was 17 paid in all the time and now since 19 months out of work - the answer from Job Center what I get is, that my money from my ex is too much to get any benefits at all.

Now all will think am getting loads, his monthly's just cover my mortgage and that's it.

Wrote loads of job applications and the answers are: too old, not enough qualitifactions or too much qualifications, or you havent a car.

When I go down to the local Job Centre I see people there, who have never ever worked in their lives, but have nice cars and houses...

wonder what's wrong with this country H.

By *he BananamanMan
over a year ago

WORCESTERSHIRE

""Flood of immigrants" ?...more people leave this country every year than come into it!.

Hell fella take a walk around wakefield and have a good look at the people and then say that again.

Steve"

just walk around any city or town with your eyes open!.

the statement that more leave the country than ever come into it is pure leftwing lunacy and only the realy gullible will believe that!.

By *atisfy janeWoman
over a year ago

Torquay

"i recently tried to claim sickness benefit (having my leg amputated at the knee tomorrow) got a letter back from them whilst in hospital saying i wasn,t ill enough to be considered for anything and a leaflet entitled we will help you back to work. i love the system we live in. "

So when did you give your last job up?, did your employer pay you Statutory Sick Pay?, did your employer cease your employment on sickness grounds?

If so the day your SSP stops you are entitled to get Employment and Support Allowance and maybe Income Support.

You will be entitled to claim both Mobility and Attendence parts of Disability Living Allowance.

The Department of Work and Pensions will require you to tell them what work you can do rather than what work you can't do under the new rules.

Good luck with the Operation and hope you feel better soon

By *he BananamanMan
over a year ago

WORCESTERSHIRE

"I don't think the argument here is about whether or not members of this site support immigration of non EU citizens, I think all of us would admit to being at least a little concerned about this.

The question is whether or not newspapers like the Daily Mail (Express, Sun, Daily Star as well) take a news story and fill it out with half truths and downright made up information.

The Daily Mail in particular is renowned for 'sexing up' news stories to appeal to an often frightened and gullible section of the UK public.

Incidentally the problem with migration, although nothing new, is being felt by richer nations all over the world.

The sheer amount of wars and conflict in Africa, Eastern Europe and the Middle East over the last Twenty years has led to record amounts of non EU citizens seeking to get into richer countries.

If you think it's any different elsewhere then look at the recent and very real problems that Australia, Canada and the USA have faced with illegal immigrants and asylum seekers.

So yes there is a deep worry about immigration, but it's the press manipulation of many migrant stories that impact upon the less intelligent amongst us."

i see you are putting yourself on a pedestal again!,trying to make out that things aren't really happening only because you are not directly affected by it as it does not affect you and your housing or work situation!.

By *atisfy janeWoman
over a year ago

Torquay

""Flood of immigrants" ?...more people leave this country every year than come into it!.

Steve

just walk around any city or town with your eyes open!.

the statement that more leave the country than ever come into it is pure leftwing lunacy and only the realy gullible will believe that!."

Why do you link everything to Left Wing lunacy?, the truth is from 1969 until 2007 it was a fact that more people left the UK to take up residency than entered, it has only been the last Three years that have seen that trend reversed.

And that is the case with Germany, France, Spain, Italy, Holland, Portugal and much of SCandinavia as well.

European countries have been feeling the brunt of African, Middle Eastern and Eastern European migration more than most due to the geographics of Europe.

You are making far too much of other members political allegiences, you just assume that we all support mass immigration just because we can see that the tabloids feed on the fears of the gullible by twisting the truth with their articles.

By *atisfy janeWoman
over a year ago

Torquay

"I don't think the argument here is about whether or not members of this site support immigration of non EU citizens, I think all of us would admit to being at least a little concerned about this.

So yes there is a deep worry about immigration, but it's the press manipulation of many migrant stories that impact upon the less intelligent amongst us.

i see you are putting yourself on a pedestal again!,trying to make out that things aren't really happening only because you are not directly affected by it as it does not affect you and your housing or work situation!."

You are making this far too personal, I never said at any point that immigration isn't a worry. It affects me just as much as you, I just don't believe everything I read in the tabloids....they haven't got a very good record of reporting FACTS in the past have they?

over a year ago

if you want to see immigrants come and live in bradford its teeming with them, get on a bus around here you will be the only british person on it.

over a year ago

Walk round any city anywhere and you will see what you wish to see depending how narrow the blinkers you are wearing are."Gullible" is a singular way to describe someone who doesn't take the tabloid editorials as gospel!.

over a year ago

luton

So yes there is a deep worry about immigration, but it's the press manipulation of many migrant stories that impact upon the less intelligent amongst us."

first of all i would like to think there could be some sensible discussion without any kind of personality clash etc or bunkered standpoints that will bend in no way to reason

you accuse the newspaper of manipulation , and sexing up

what do you call it when you accuse people of xenophopia , racism , or perhaps making a party political broadcast on behalf of the BNP ?

i know what i call it , its sexing up ,and manipulation

you say there is a deep worry about immigration

why is it that if president obama mentions immigration its ok

labour party its ok

conservative its ok

liberal its ok

but god help anyone on these threads who mention it because they will be called xenophobic

whatever was reported in any newspaper the thrust of this thread i started was concerning the fact some people have been geting £2000 PER WEEK in housing bennifit

they may well be immigrants but just as easilly have the geenes of ancient britains and be related the iceni tribe

do you think that the government would have gone to the trouble of cutting this £2000 PER WEEK in there last budget to £400 per week if no one was claiming it ?

there is nothing wrong with having a bennifit system and holding out a helping hand to those who need it

but some people either still are , or recently have been getting £2000 per week in housing bennifit

how anyone can justify that i will never know

over a year ago

"British"? is that *actually* British or the BNP version?.

over a year ago

luton

to everyone including myself

lets keep it clean and show respect

keep it to the facts etc , and it might be a worthwhile discussion xxx

over a year ago

Respect sounds nice...for everyone in here and for those paraded in the press for their readership to judge.

By *atisfy janeWoman
over a year ago

Torquay

[Removed by poster at 12/07/10 14:22:17]

By *atisfy janeWoman
over a year ago

Torquay

I don't think anyone on here has attempted to justify it, the point is would the Daily Mail have carried the story if it wasn't an immigrant family?

What if it were one of the many white British families living in expensive private rented accommodation with their Seven or Eight children?

It is a bloody disgrace, make no mistake, but the Daily Mail have a deep history of manipulating the facts to suit the 'Theme of the moment'

They did the self same thing with their ridiculous theories about the death of Diana.....the dissapearance of Madeline McCann (another libel case awaiting judgement)......They are going to have to pay out a fortune to that nasty cow Heather Mills (McCartney) because they chose to print the made up story of her bullying and beating her staff.

Sorry but the article is well and truly lost in the chronic past history of the Daily Mail and their habit of twisting facts to suit their 'alarmist' style of reporting.

over a year ago

The national health service and the benefits system are two of the great things about this country and because a TINY minority of people may abuse it (not that I'm saying the family mentioned has) it doesn't mean to say it doesn't remain wonderful.

over a year ago

luton

"I don't think anyone on here has attempted to justify it, the point is would the Daily Mail have carried the story if it wasn't an immigrant family?

What if it were one of the many white British families living in expensive private rented accommodation with their Seven or Eight children?

It is a bloody disgrace, make no mistake, but the Daily Mail have a deep history of manipulating the facts to suit the 'Theme of the moment'

They did the self same thing with their ridiculous theories about the death of Diana.....the dissapearance of Madeline McCann (another libel case awaiting judgement)......They are going to have to pay out a fortune to that nasty cow Heather Mills (McCartney) because they chose to print the made up story of her bullying and beating her staff.

Sorry but the article is well and truly lost in the chronic past history of the Daily Mail and their habit of twisting facts to suit their 'alarmist' style of reporting."

i can remember being duped by newspaper articles myself in days gone by

one in particular being the guildford 4 having dynamite under there fingernails

we all know that the media have there bias , that includes the daily mail as well as all the rest

it can be even more sinister when it is reported that crime figures are going down , or up etc by respected broadsheets , when clearly they are the obverse ( for example )

the small point i make is that if alliens have landed on the south coast and are working there way up the M23 we should not dismiss it because it was also reprted in the mail

without being arguementative there have been articles about super dad , the white man that has 3 wives and about 14 children , so the fact the family geting 2k a week were somali is irrelivent

the alliens i refered to were martians by the way as opposed to illegal ones

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

"if you want to see immigrants come and live in bradford its teeming with them, get on a bus around here you will be the only british person on it."

The people you dismiss as " them " probably a lot are british born.

over a year ago

if they are british born then you might think they would speak some english.

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

"if they are british born then you might think they would speak some english."

Maybe they can speak two lauguages.

over a year ago

yes i am sure

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

Ok...there are not many times that I will ask people on a thread to keep it to the subject, but rather than this degenerate into something that could border on rascism....please stick to the subject which is........

A family so it has been reported are getting a shed load of housing benefit.....

over a year ago

ok madam

over a year ago

luton

"Must be true....it's in the Daily Mail after all....."

yes and it has just been brought up on prime ministers questions , so it really MUST be true

By *he BananamanMan
over a year ago

WORCESTERSHIRE

someone will come along soon and tell us next that prime ministers question time is fictitious!.

over a year ago

"if they are british born then you might think they would speak some english."

What's the excuse for the English people posting on these forums who can't WRITE in English?!!

over a year ago

Politicians...paragons of truth and vitue

By *he_original_poloWoman
over a year ago

a Primark shoebox in Leicester

"can you read the newspaper link and write to your mp to help this poor family

they are going to be in serrious trouble when they cut the £8000 per month housing bennifit down to £1600 per month

this family only have 5 bedrooms at the moment and they clearly need 7 or so

can you ask your mp to get the local council to serve stella mccartney with an eviction notice , so they can knock 2 houses into one

oh............. and offer to pay the £16000 per month ( yes its only sixteen thousand per month ) that the 2 houses will cost

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1293730/Somali-asylum-seeker-family-given-2m-house--complaining-5-bed-London-home-poor-area.html"

Sorry - I am far too busy writing letters for all the lazy c*nt white feckers who are in the same situation

By *he_original_poloWoman
over a year ago

a Primark shoebox in Leicester

"if they are british born then you might think they would speak some english.

What's the excuse for the English people posting on these forums who can't WRITE in English?!! "

Can I have a guess at the answer to that one.... is it two words starting with 'thick'?

Post new Message to Thread