Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Jonas Gutierrez

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Shocked by the news that the Toon's Jonas Gutierrez is battling testicular cancer. Every single Mag is behind you Jonas, don't let that bastard of a disease beat you!

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"Shocked by the news that the Toon's Jonas Gutierrez is battling testicular cancer. Every single Mag is behind you Jonas, don't let that bastard of a disease beat you!"

By *emmefataleWoman
over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

I think anyone will be hoping he recovers and beats it.

By *ENGUYMan
over a year ago

Hull

The moral of this is, that despite the comparative young age of the guy, his fitness levels and so on, Testicular Cancer doesn't just affect older generations.

Hopefully, his news might just influence younger fans to ansure they take notice and get themselves regularly checked.

Problem is that many guys feel it is a slight on their masculinity etc to get a check-up. Kinda like "men sort out their own problems, we don't need to see the doc!"

Two guys I knew thought just that way; they didn't see their respective GP's in time. Sadly, they are no longer with us, dying before they reached 50 years old.

I hope this footballer gets healthy soon.

over a year ago

Good news, he's had the all clear. Up yours cancer.

over a year ago

"Good news, he's had the all clear. Up yours cancer."

Brilliant

over a year ago

Unfortunately testicular cancer particularly affects the young and rates drop with age.

And thankfully caught early it has one of the highest survival rates of over 90%

Post new Message to Thread