Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

What a pisser !!!!

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Got it through the post on Saturday ..

35Mph in a 30 limit.

Had a 100% clean licence for as long as I can remember, now it'll have 3 points grrrrrr Not to mention the 60quid fine.

But, ho hum I was breaking the limit - such as life, but still a pisser

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *etillanteWoman
over a year ago

I got one last year after 28 years of havng a clean licence, bummer.

But as you said we were speeding bad people lol

By *im53Man
over a year ago

Boldon

"Got it through the post on Saturday ..

35Mph in a 30 limit.

Had a 100% clean licence for as long as I can remember, now it'll have 3 points grrrrrr Not to mention the 60quid fine.

But, ho hum I was breaking the limit - such as life, but still a pisser"

have they not offerd the option of the speed awareness course

still costs you the £60 but no points on your licence

By *uton_coupleCouple
over a year ago

luton

35Mph in a 30 limit.

the speeding thing etc in the uk is now a ****ing joke

of course you should not speed , but if its 3 am in the morning and your caught doing 32 in a 30 limit on a dual carriedgeway like i was its not right

its about time they put cruise control on new cars that was linked to a sat nav type gadget

you could then drive round all day with your foot to the floor but the car would never exeed the limit

once they stopped making money from all those cameras they would get rid of them like a shot

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

You must have been really unlucky as as a rule of thumb you can get away with doing 10% over plus 2 which would be 35, but they obv must decide that once you hit that number you will be prosecuted (ssued with a fine,ponts etc) so really you can only get away with 34.

over a year ago

I'm hoping for the speed awareness course if they offer it.

I've only gotton round to identifying myself as the driver, but as I have 28days to respond, I'll wait and make sure that they have the response on the 28th day then after that we'll see what is on offer

At least by the time the fine becomes payable, I'll have saved up the cash to pay the bloody thing

By *im53Man
over a year ago

Boldon

[Removed by poster at 05/07/10 13:35:29]

over a year ago

If it's in a built up area or going past a School or Nunnery it's understandable but most of the time there not and theres no discretion with a Camera speeding is speeding.

It's just how things are now and People will be for them especially if they have lost loved ones through speeding and others are against them, personaly I think there is a place for them but not just in places for gaining revenue but in the places where they could improve safety

over a year ago

dont make the mistake i made and try and dodge not payin it!!

2 policeman at door and fine jumped to £120!

i learned a very valuable lesson from it!

even at 3am speed cameras work and bein lost and in a panic is not an excuse!! x

over a year ago

Oh gawwd aye, there's no question of me dodging paying it but I will hang onto my money as long as I am able lol.

It was fair cop - I was speeding and that's that, but I'll put off as long as I am able, within their timeframe of course

over a year ago

lets be honest about this speed cameras are just a revenue making scheme !!!!

they don't stop deaths on the road and that has been proven by empteen surveys !!!

I have no problems that if you exceed the speed limit and get caught then you pay the price.

However I happen to believe the penalty far outweighs the crime !!!

the points stay on your licence for 3 years ffs and 4 years for insurance purposes !!!

it is very easy to acrue 12 points in one day all u got to do is get caught speeding twice and maybe have your tyres checked and if you have 2 worn tyres thats it 12 points banned from driving for 12 months !!!!

no job possibly lose the house possible split up from partner lose kids !!!

Yes I know you should not be breaking the speed limit but come on dpoes the crime justify the penalty !!! not in my book

By *stwoCouple
over a year ago

anywhere

if u do a speed awareness course and get caught speeding again in the next 3 years the back date the points on you.

over a year ago

Same thing happened to me last year, 35 in a 30 - as you say breaking the law so fair cop.

But for me to go on the speed awareness course the closest was nearly 80 miles away from me and would have involved a whole day off work and a 160 mile round trip, decided it was easier to take the fine and the points as up until then my licence was clean.

I'm now a marked woman and feel suitably chastised !!!

x Raz x

By *harpDressed ManMan
over a year ago

Here occasionally, but mostly somewhere else

"lets be honest about this speed cameras are just a revenue making scheme !!!!

they don't stop deaths on the road and that has been proven by empteen surveys !!!

I have no problems that if you exceed the speed limit and get caught then you pay the price.

the points stay on your licence for 3 years ffs and 4 years for insurance purposes !!!

it is very easy to acrue 12 points in one day all u got to do is get caught speeding twice and maybe have your tyres checked and if you have 2 worn tyres thats it 12 points banned from driving for 12 months !!!!

Yes I know you should not be breaking the speed limit but come on dpoes the crime justify the penalty !!! not in my book"

Driving with bald tyres is irresponsible and dangerous.

Speeding on bald tyres is suicidal and moronic.

Blaming the system for catching you doing this....words truly fail me.

I hope nobody else is involved in your inevitable fatal crash.

over a year ago

I have succesfully beaten the Safety Camera Partnership 5 times.

Totally agree speeding is wrong, but 6am on a Sunday morning (latest offence) mobile unit on a motorbike, 35 in 30 on a dual carriageway.

If you would like a link or help with any outstanding tickets that you have NOT responsed to yet within the initial 28 days message me.

Im a rep and ex trucker, there are so many loop-holes.

Ian

By *atisfy janeWoman
over a year ago

Torquay

"I have succesfully beaten the Safety Camera Partnership 5 times.

Totally agree speeding is wrong, but 6am on a Sunday morning (latest offence) mobile unit on a motorbike, 35 in 30 on a dual carriageway.

If you would like a link or help with any outstanding tickets that you have NOT responsed to yet within the initial 28 days message me.

Ian"

I wonder if you know of anyone close to you that has been killed or badly injured by a speeding motorist?

Maybe then you would be less boastful of knowing loopholes in the law.

By *atisfy janeWoman
over a year ago

Torquay

"I'm hoping for the speed awareness course if they offer it.

I've only gotton round to identifying myself as the driver, but as I have 28days to respond, I'll wait and make sure that they have the response on the 28th day then after that we'll see what is on offer

At least by the time the fine becomes payable, I'll have saved up the cash to pay the bloody thing "

I do hope they offer you the speed awareness course, I think everyone should be given the option for just being over the limit....fingers crossed for you they offer it up.

over a year ago

"I'm hoping for the speed awareness course if they offer it.

At least by the time the fine becomes payable, I'll have saved up the cash to pay the bloody thing

I do hope they offer you the speed awareness course, I think everyone should be given the option for just being over the limit....fingers crossed for you they offer it up."

I was caught a while ago. 36 in a 30mph zone.Dual carriage way that goes 30, 40,30, 40, 30. You know the type.Anyway..... no excuse. i did the speed awareness course. I now go to work via the motorway every morning. Same time. Same job. No bleedin camera and I do a ton most mornings. Sweet.

over a year ago

Ian

I wonder if you know of anyone close to you that has been killed or badly injured by a speeding motorist?

Maybe then you would be less boastful of knowing loopholes in the law."

Im not trying to boast.

Speeding is wrong, but there needs to be a radical overhaul speed limits in this Country. Zero tolerance of 15mph around schools etc, but then also introduce a minimum speed limit on motorways for passenger cars of 60 mph. This will ease so many motorways and stop the doddery gits.

As an ex trucker the number of cars who do 50mph when I am limited to 56mph is shocking. I pull out to overtake and they speed up rather than be behind a truck. I pull in they slow down. Predominantly the blue badge brigade !

As for knowing somebody affected by a serious injury yes I do, me. I got hit by an un-insured speeder. Wrote my car off broke 2 ribs and dislocated my shoulder.

This post is my own opinion and not to cause offence.

over a year ago

"lets be honest about this speed cameras are just a revenue making scheme !!!!

Yes I know you should not be breaking the speed limit but come on dpoes the crime justify the penalty !!! not in my book

Driving with bald tyres is irresponsible and dangerous.

Speeding on bald tyres is suicidal and moronic.

Blaming the system for catching you doing this....words truly fail me.

I hope nobody else is involved in your inevitable fatal crash.

"

your just making it sound bad !!!!

you dont have to have bald tyers but just under the legal limit !!! do you know right now how much tread you have on all 5 tyres I doubt it very much !!!

and yes speeding on BALD tyres is dangerous and I have not condoned it in my post !!!

Blaming the system for catching me do this !!!! whre have I blamed the system for catching me I haven't

What I said was that it is just a money making scheme and I truly belive this !!!! I also said that you should not be breaking the speed limit.

Read what I said before you jump on your soapbox and make crass remarks

Just as a matter of interest I assume you have never broken the speed limit !!! or fiddled your tax slightly,or maybe your expenses.

never told a lie!!!!!

and thanks for pointing out that I'm in for a fatal crash

By *harpDressed ManMan
over a year ago

"your just making it sound bad !!!!

"

Ahhh, thanks for correcting...

So you're only SLIGHTLY speeding, on only SLIGHTLY illegal (=unsafe) tyres.

That's the kind of attitude that also gives us phrases like "well I've only had a couple", and "it was only a quick call".

(you have not said either of these things, I know)

And yes, I've done plenty wrong in my life. I acknowledge that, and don't seek to weasel out of it by some self-serving justification.

Finally, a question...if a member of your family was involved in a crash caused by a driver doing 1mph over the speed limit with tyres 1mm too shallow....would you sue?

By *ornyandnymphoCouple
over a year ago

poole

Speed limits are there for a reason.

Our whole family was nearly wiped out by a speeding driver crashing in to our car. So people please think of the consequenses of speeding, and think how would you feel if it was your family.

By *xstephbxxCouple
over a year ago

hyde

send them a £65 postal order. They then send you a £5 order back, rip it up. If you dont cash it they cant finalise the process, no points. I think, a least that use to be a loop hole.

over a year ago

Dunno about a loohole but it's a waste of a 5 quid postal order

Tbh though, joking aside, that seems like an urban myth, the kind of story spouted by a bar stool lawyer

By *uton_coupleCouple
over a year ago

luton

to those that say its unsafe to break the speed limit by a few mph you should consider this

the speed limit that is in force for a given road has to be judged to be safe for the worse car on the road

that might be a 1952 morris minor that just scrapped through its mot , and the driver ( mr manering ) is 92 and driving home tired after a day at the coast

so on that stretch of road they might make it 40 mph

it is far more safe for a holder of an advanced driving course , that has been driving a police traffic car for 10 years , and apart from being fresh and alert is driving a top of the range bmw with antilock brakes etc etc etc

to do lets say 55 mph

By *ornyandnymphoCouple
over a year ago

poole

"to those that say its unsafe to break the speed limit by a few mph you should consider this

the speed limit that is in force for a given road has to be judged to be safe for the worse car on the road

that might be a 1952 morris minor that just scrapped through its mot , and the driver ( mr manering ) is 92 and driving home tired after a day at the coast

so on that stretch of road they might make it 40 mph

it is far more safe for a holder of an advanced driving course , that has been driving a police traffic car for 10 years , and apart from being fresh and alert is driving a top of the range bmw with antilock brakes etc etc etc

to do lets say 55 mph "

I beg to disagree with you there. You sound just like the drver who nearly killed my entire family. A speed limit is there for a reason.

You should go in to politics. One rule for the majority and another rule for the select few.

I feel very strongly on this subject as you've probably guessed. Put yourelf in my position, would you feel the same as I do? I think the majority would.

By *ap AdgeMan
over a year ago

Wirral

good news they never catch the one going down streets doing fify miles an hour easy targets

over a year ago

The faster you travel, the longer it takes you to stop, add that to dangerous surface conditions at certain times of the year, ie wet or icy roads and that may be why speed limits are set for certain roads.

At the end of the day, if you know the speed limit, regardless of how wrong you believe it is, you should stick to it or suffer the fine/points if caught.

I hate seeing bunches of flowers tied to lamp posts by the side of the road and give thanks (I'm not religious so I cant thank God) that _ornyandnymphos family were spared.

By *ig badMan
over a year ago

Up North :-)

"Dunno about a loohole but it's a waste of a 5 quid postal order

Tbh though, joking aside, that seems like an urban myth, the kind of story spouted by a bar stool lawyer

"

Well if you do it by cheque it does actually work or it did last April. They are obliged to cash your cheque but it goes as an overpayment so they have to refund. The system will then automatically print off a check for the balance. The last i heard was the automated service couldn't close the case and issue points till the cheque had been cashed/deposited. Its worth a try for a few quid though isn't it?

over a year ago

Well if you do it by cheque it does actually work or it did last April. They are obliged to cash your cheque but it goes as an overpayment so they have to refund. The system will then automatically print off a check for the balance. The last i heard was the automated service couldn't close the case and issue points till the cheque had been cashed/deposited. Its worth a try for a few quid though isn't it? "

You could then be charged with deliberate wasting of the courts time.

over a year ago

"

its about time they put cruise control on new cars that was linked to a sat nav type gadget

you could then drive round all day with your foot to the floor but the car would never exeed the limit

once they stopped making money from all those cameras they would get rid of them like a shot "

..and therein lies the flaw in your proposal. Does anybody really think that gatsos are about speeding motorists?

By *atisfy janeWoman
over a year ago

Torquay

Well if you do it by cheque it does actually work or it did last April. They are obliged to cash your cheque but it goes as an overpayment so they have to refund. The system will then automatically print off a check for the balance. The last i heard was the automated service couldn't close the case and issue points till the cheque had been cashed/deposited. Its worth a try for a few quid though isn't it? "

Is it?

over a year ago

"Speed limits are there for a reason.

"

Can't really agree with you on this one.

I was going through an estate yesterday where the speed limit dropped to 20mph.

If the 20 mph limit started 300 yards further up the road in front of the school no problems what so ever but it didn't.

To make matters worse the do gooders community speedwatch was out noting down registrations. I asked them why they didn't stand outside the school?

They gave a load of bollocks about safety. So now I have it semi officially, There is more need for a speed camera outside somebodys 3 bed semi than an infants school.

I'm still trying to work it out.

By *atisfy janeWoman
over a year ago

Torquay

You can argue the odds as much as you like, lowering speed limits in built up areas like housing estates save childrens lives, I am amazed that people can nit-pick over something so glaringly obvious.

And before you pull me up over the school thing, you only have to check for yourself, figures show that most children are not knocked down outside of schools but crossing the roads on housing estates in the early evenings when out playing with their friends.

over a year ago

This was 10am when Children should have been in school.

I think part of the problem with Scameras is that nobody would have an objection if they were placed in sensible places like housing estates, but where is the sense in putting them on motorways at 3am???

By *undebigaryMan
over a year ago

dundee

35Mph in a 30 limit.

I feel ur pain.i gt done doin 64 in a 50 limit in works van.it put me over the limit on points an got me banned.lost my job.hence me postin on ths forum during the day.but speed kills tho eh.mind u so do junkies wth baseball bats an i dnt c the police hiding in laybyes lookn for them.bitter yes just a bit.lol

By *atisfy janeWoman
over a year ago

Torquay

My brother was all but killed by a speeding motorist in the early hours of the morning in early 1997, the guy that lost control of his car on a dual carriageway and hit my brothers car after clearing a central reservation was a Sub Fire Officer on his way home from a night shift.

The man had a history of speeding offences, in fact it was only because of a clever lawyer (appointed by the London Fire Brigade) that he hadn't previously lost his license, he kept it because his job was deemed to be of great importance and safety of the public.

You would have thought as a fire officer who had probably attended many road traffic accidents himself he would have been only too aware of the dangers of driving like a complete idiot.

Alas it made no difference to his own behaviour, he lost control of his car in a dip and after hitting the side of a post office truck he went on to hit my brother head on.

My brother never worked for over Two years, and was so badly mentally affected he never drove again until 2004.

Even then, still recovering from his own terrible injuries the speeding motorist stood up in court and attempted to avoid a driving ban, once again the London Fire Brigade spoke on his behalf in an effort to get him off.

His excuse in court was that speed limits are ridiculous on roads in the early hours of the morning as roads are all but deserted.

He never succeeded, he was banned from driving for Two years, but retained his job with the Fire Brigade all be it with reduction in rank and moved to.....

Fire and Road Safety.

So please spare me the nonsense about speed limits.

By *atisfy janeWoman
over a year ago

Torquay

35Mph in a 30 limit.

But, ho hum I was breaking the limit - such as life, but still a pisserI feel ur pain.i gt done doin 64 in a 50 limit in works van.it put me over the limit on points an got me banned.lost my job.hence me postin on ths forum during the day.but speed kills tho eh.mind u so do junkies wth baseball bats an i dnt c the police hiding in laybyes lookn for them.bitter yes just a bit.lol"

Then you were guilty of previous driving offences in order to tot up your points....you never learned from them so you have little to complain about.

By *undebigaryMan
over a year ago

dundee

35Mph in a 30 limit.

But, ho hum I was breaking the limit - such as life, but still a pisserI feel ur pain.i gt done doin 64 in a 50 limit in works van.it put me over the limit on points an got me banned.lost my job.hence me postin on ths forum during the day.but speed kills tho eh.mind u so do junkies wth baseball bats an i dnt c the police hiding in laybyes lookn for them.bitter yes just a bit.lol

Then you were guilty of previous driving offences in order to tot up your points....you never learned from them so you have little to complain about."

Well i am sorry to hear u have had a family member injured so i understand ths bein an emotional subject for u.bt i had been driving professionaly for 5 year to accumalate those points.it was a clear day.dry road.no other cars near me.so i wasnt endangering anybdy.nt even myself.

By *uton_coupleCouple
over a year ago

luton

i have to "admit" to driving for 41 years , including petrol tankers , tractors , in fact most things that have wheels

all over europe and the usa

it is very strange that some people on here can not seperate what is in fact 2 types of speeding

one is where some nutter is doing twice the speed limit , or perhaps there pissed out of there head , or they might have no liscence , underage and driving like a fecking beserker and they plough into a bus stop killing members of your family

the other is a person that is doing 35 in a 30 limit

both types of speeder are breaking the law BUT ONLY ONE IS UNSAFE

ask yourself this question

my wife had to go to court for doing 31 in a 30 and was of course found guilty

if you were someone that had a family member run over a killed by a speeding motorist who was driving like a raving lunatic ......... and you were there when my wife left the court after being found guity or doing 31 in a 30 limit

would you shout out to her YOU MAD BASTARD PEOPLE LIKE YOU SHOULD BE BANNED FROM THE ROAD ?

i dont think so

one more thing about speed limits i can tell you is this

if you take for example the usa

on one stretch of road the limit can fluctuate between 20 25 30 35 40 45 50 55

you spend so much time looking for road signs , and looking at speedomeeter its fecking dangerous

it would be far safer for the driver to keep there eyes on the road , and road signs and drive to a speed they thought was safe for the conditions

another way of explaining this would be when i took my hgv class one driving test

i had to drive down a single track road that was wet and covered with leaves

the trailor was very unstable and in my veiw it was only safe to drive at 35 even though the limit was 40

the examiner made it clear to me i was not going fast enough to pass the test as you must keep the vehicle speed up to near the limit

so i had to go up near the 40 limit even though i was shiting myself at the thought of the lorry going off the road

anyway ive got my veiws and others are welcome to theres

By *atisfy janeWoman
over a year ago

Torquay

Why would you be called to court for doing 31 mph in a 30 mph speed limit?

Was it a fixed camera or a hand held camera?

By *uton_coupleCouple
over a year ago

luton

"Why would you be called to court for doing 31 mph in a 30 mph speed limit?

Was it a fixed camera or a hand held camera?"

it was a hand held camera , after refusing to pay it went to court

By *atisfy janeWoman
over a year ago

Torquay

So you are saying your wife was stopped on the roadside for doing 31 mph in a 30 mph zone and instead of getting a verbal warning she was booked and received a fixed penalty for doing so?

By *atisfy janeWoman
over a year ago

Torquay

And when you went to court did you ask for the speed guns calibration certificate to be submitted as evidence?

By *uton_coupleCouple
over a year ago

luton

"So you are saying your wife was stopped on the roadside for doing 31 mph in a 30 mph zone and instead of getting a verbal warning she was booked and received a fixed penalty for doing so?"

yes it was in 1992

when stopped she said she thought it was ridiculous , but ended up with a penalty in the post , it was after refusing to pay that it went to court

the outcome was a £30 fine plus costs

heres the best bit , work this one out

there was no points or endorsement on liscense

By *uton_coupleCouple
over a year ago

luton

"And when you went to court did you ask for the speed guns calibration certificate to be submitted as evidence?"

no she did not

By *atisfy janeWoman
over a year ago

Torquay

So I take it you went to court without legal representation?.....if so what did you expect to achieve?

By going to court were you disputing the fact she was speeding?, if not then what other outcome did you expect to achieve?

What were the court costs on top of the £30 fine?

By *uton_coupleCouple
over a year ago

luton

"And when you went to court did you ask for the speed guns calibration certificate to be submitted as evidence?"

18 years ago that sort of thing was unheard of asking the police if there equiptment was calibrated

you seem to be busting your guts to prove that you cant get done for doing 31 in a 30 BUT YOU WONT BE ABLE TO DO IT as it has happened to my wife

and i bet its not long before others add to this thread saying they were done for doing 31 or 32 etc

why dont you answer the question i put to you ?

would you have been outside the court calling her A MAD BASTARD ?

you will not answer because i know your modus operandi

you just want to argue argue argue

good luck

By *atisfy janeWoman
over a year ago

Torquay

Why would I stand outside a court calling a stranger a 'Mad bastard'?

I wouldn't go to court to call a child murderer a 'murdering bastard', so there is my answer....no I woudn't

By *harpDressed ManMan
over a year ago

To summarise.

Some people break the law.

Some of those people try and justify it on a series of technicalities, and others moan about it generally.

How many of them have done anything constructive? There is a proper channel for challenging a law you believe to be flawed, and repetititvely breaking it is not that channel.

By *heWolfMan
over a year ago

warwickshire

"Some people break the law."

No, ALL people break the law. Just like all people masturbate. And the ones who say they don't are fruitcakes you should steer well clear of. (I guess there must be a minute percentage of people who don't break the law, speed, or masturbate......step forward Mr Christ)

Look forward to more arbitrary speed limits imposed by local do-gooders if the Govt allows local authorities to decide speed limits, you know there's nothing a comittee of non-masturbating back-slappers love doing more than interfering in everyday life, smugly congratulating themselves how much safer things are thanks to their dedication.

If people were taught more about the effects of INAPPROPRIATE speed, rather than just "speeding is bad", the roads would be far safer. Being killed by a driver doing 30mph in a 60mph zone is just the same to the victim. It's recognised that strict adherence to speed limits as policed by Scameras leads to drivers keeping to the speed limit, totally, and fuck you if you happen to get in the way - "I wasn't speeding, so I wasn't to blame". Erm no, we all want to get places ASAP, but driving is about give and take, and it's better to educate that into drivers than try to penalise them into compliance.

I wouldn't care if someone was within or way over the speed limit if they injured or killed my family on the road. I wouldn't excuse them if they were driving well within, I'm afraid I wouldn't give a toss if they were totally blameless, I'd want their blood. Would it stop me going slightly over the speed limit at times? Hard to say, and I pray to God I never find out, but I doubt it. Hypocrisy is human nature.

The best way to educate all motorists is to make them watch "Traces of Death" videos as part of basic driving lessons. Yes, there's the odd few soft people who might break down and become mentally scarred forever, but fuck it, those kind of people need to be ed out anyway, life isn't nice and safe, the sooner they realise that the better. Seeing real-life, HD, close up footage of the aftermath of road accidents, not some crappy simulation with graphics or make-up, absolutely sinks in, on an unconscious level. When you see uncensored footage of gore splattered everywhere and maimed people screaming in pain whilst the fire crew consider their next move, it stays with you, trust me, and it lingers just far enough back for you to lift off the accelerator, or pause rather than gunning out of a junction. Hitting people with fines and points just pisses people off, givng them hard lessons in the consequences is far more effective. Shame it will never happen!

By *xstephbxxCouple
over a year ago

hyde

"

and lets be honest, there's been many a tale said from the view of a bar stool has'nt there............

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 23/08/10 21:30:17]

over a year ago

Ian

Maybe then you would be less boastful of knowing loopholes in the law.

Im not trying to boast.

Speeding is wrong, but there needs to be a radical overhaul speed limits in this Country. Zero tolerance of 15mph around schools etc, but then also introduce a minimum speed limit on motorways for passenger cars of 60 mph. This will ease so many motorways and stop the doddery gits.

As an ex trucker the number of cars who do 50mph when I am limited to 56mph is shocking. I pull out to overtake and they speed up rather than be behind a truck. I pull in they slow down. Predominantly the blue badge brigade !

As for knowing somebody affected by a serious injury yes I do, me. I got hit by an un-insured speeder. Wrote my car off broke 2 ribs and dislocated my shoulder.

This post is my own opinion and not to cause offence."

I have just been to court again and case dismissed, as camera unit didnt offer any evidence.

Challenging them seems to work.

Again I re-iterate what I said, I do not condone speeding, and these are my own opinions.

over a year ago

35Mph in a 30 limit.

And those points stay on there for 4 years not a year for every point like most people think!!!!

over a year ago

Sorry to hear that, however, join the club!

over a year ago

35Mph in a 30 limit.

admittedly iv only been driving 4 years, but i got one about 18 months ago it was 35 in in a 30, got it through the post, then a few weeks later got another letter stating because it was my first offence i wouldnt be getting a fine or any points.

so its not always a bad out come.

over a year ago

tis is my first year of driving and i got pulled for driving on the fone an got 60pound fine and 3 points :/ on my bday aswell lmaooo :@

over a year ago

"tis is my first year of driving and i got pulled for driving on the fone an got 60pound fine and 3 points :/ on my bday aswell lmaooo :@"

Think they should ban the idiots who drive and use the phone: selfish morons!

By *he Happy ManMan
over a year ago

Merseyside

35Mph in a 30 limit.

And you insurance will go up because of it

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 09/04/11 16:57:44]

over a year ago

"tis is my first year of driving and i got pulled for driving on the fone an got 60pound fine and 3 points :/ on my bday aswell lmaooo :@"

And you think this is funny!!

over a year ago

I did a defensive and offensive driving coarse in the army and I am an advanced driver with a class 1 lgv license, while I agree the law is the law,I personally think that its bad driving that causes the crashes, speed only makes the outcome worse, a clamp down on bad and careless drivers would reduce accidents.

over a year ago

Saw on a newspaper headline today that where the limit is 70 drivers will not get caned or penalty points as long as they don't exceed 86 MPH.

Apparently the cameras are getting re calibrated accordingly, that's all I managed to see while in the lottery queue. R

XX

By *atisfy janeWoman
over a year ago

Torquay

Worth remembering that if you are caught speeding you only get one crack at the speed awareness course....which you have to pay to attend.

Get caught again in an 18 month period and you will get points.

And it's only for 70 MPH roads, get caught doing 40 mph in a 30 MPH limit and you will still get points and a fine.

over a year ago

I recently got a £60 fine and 3 points on my clean licence of 25 years for doing 33 in a 30 limit.

It was a mobile unit on a very wide, quiet back road near the coast - both the weather and visibility was fine. There was nobody else around (it's not a well used road)- except the copper in his van tucked into a bush on the side of the road.

In safety terms I don't feel anything I was doing was actually unsafe or likely to cause an accident. There were no cyclists, pedestrians or any other cars driving or parked.

Yes - technically speaking I was breaking the speed limit but these are supposed to be safety cameras not speeding cameras. The road I was caught on has NO record of accidents or near misses (not in the 40 odd years I've lived here anyway)so why was it deemed necessary to site a safety camera there? If it's all about safety then shouldn't they be concentrating on accident black spots? Smacks of generating revenue to me.

By *phroditeWoman
over a year ago

(She/ her) in Sensualityland

[Removed by poster at 09/04/11 18:29:09]

By *phroditeWoman
over a year ago

I thought if you exceed the speed limit only by a very small amount you could choose between the fine/ points and attending a speed awareness course?

over a year ago

"I thought if you exceed the speed limit only by a very small amount you could choose between the fine/ points and attending a speed awareness course? "

Yes but a) it was £74, b) it would have used up half a day of my very precious free time for some pencil-neck to c) lecture me on safe driving when I didn't feel I was driving unsafely.

I do 20mph in a 30 limit near schools, I do far less than the 70mph limit on a motorway when the weather conditions are hazardous ... I generally drive safely according to the road conditions. As I had a clean licence I opted to take the points on the chin

By *ilandlarryCouple
over a year ago

more north lincs than mids!

I was caught doing 35 in a 30. Make no bones about it, I was speeding and was so mad at myself. The cops/speed cameras are only doing their job. It's my responsibility to make sure that I adhere by the speed limits.

I got offered the course but there nearest one is over half an hour away. I have taken the points and the fine .... the course costs £95

By *phroditeWoman
over a year ago

"I was caught doing 35 in a 30. Make no bones about it, I was speeding and was so mad at myself. The cops/speed cameras are only doing their job. It's my responsibility to make sure that I adhere by the speed limits.

I got offered the course but there nearest one is over half an hour away. I have taken the points and the fine .... the course costs £95 "

The only time I ever got caught was doing something like 46 in a 40 and I was offered the course which cost the same amount as the fine. Arranging the speed awareness course was not too difficult where I lived at the time (rural) so I chose that to avoid the points. I wonder if this varies from county to county?

By *etillanteWoman
over a year ago

"I was caught doing 35 in a 30. Make no bones about it, I was speeding and was so mad at myself. The cops/speed cameras are only doing their job. It's my responsibility to make sure that I adhere by the speed limits.

I got offered the course but there nearest one is over half an hour away. I have taken the points and the fine .... the course costs £95

The only time I ever got caught was doing something like 46 in a 40 and I was offered the course which cost the same amount as the fine. Arranging the speed awareness course was not too difficult where I lived at the time (rural) so I chose that to avoid the points. I wonder if this varies from county to county? "

I was caught speeding in Nottingham, when I asked about the speed awareness course I was told they were not taking part in that scheme, this was two years ago

over a year ago

35Mph in a 30 limit.

But, ho hum I was breaking the limit - such as life, but still a pisser

And you insurance will go up because of it"

Nope, I wasn't prosecuted, I did the speed awareness course thus it wasn't a conviction so I don't have to tell the insurance Co.

Mind you - it did the trick and I am now a lot more cautious about how fast I drive - Result !

over a year ago

Minor speeding infringements such as mine (SP30) don't, as far as I'm aware, affect your insurance premium.

Post new Message to Thread