Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Blackberry 8900...Help!!!!

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

I've been trawling the internet looking for advice but I can't find it...so thought I'd seek help from any techies here.

I can't move the "roller" on my phone. I can move it to the apps, send texts, emails etc, but if I log onto Fab for example the arrow stays in the margins and doesn't move. Well it moves up and down in the margin but doesn't move left or right!

Help!!!!

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *harpDressed ManMan
over a year ago

Here occasionally, but mostly somewhere else

Mine sticks sometimes too - iit's just a case of pressing the ball in and jiggling it around until it "releases" your dead skin that has accumulated round the back of it....

6 months until I can upgrade to the non-trackball version...

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"Mine sticks sometimes too - iit's just a case of pressing the ball in and jiggling it around until it "releases" your dead skin that has accumulated round the back of it....

6 months until I can upgrade to the non-trackball version..."

Dont have that prob on the I phone lol

What were ya saying about em the other day?? lol xx

over a year ago

"Mine sticks sometimes too - iit's just a case of pressing the ball in and jiggling it around until it "releases" your dead skin that has accumulated round the back of it....

6 months until I can upgrade to the non-trackball version..."

Well a very nice man has advised me to use WD40...and it works...who would have thought. My upgrade is this month..won't be getting another "roller"!!

over a year ago

Well a very nice man has advised me to use WD40...and it works...who would have thought. My upgrade is this month..won't be getting another "roller"!!"

Got a pair a grips if ya wanna borrow em xx

over a year ago

Well a very nice man has advised me to use WD40...and it works...who would have thought. My upgrade is this month..won't be getting another "roller"!!

Got a pair a grips if ya wanna borrow em xx "

I'll get to grips with you in a minute!!

over a year ago

Promises promises xx

over a year ago

Most mobile phone repair shops will fit a new trackball quite cheaply.

S.

over a year ago

"Most mobile phone repair shops will fit a new trackball quite cheaply.

S. "

WD40 seems to have fixed the problem and my upgrade is due this month any how!

By *andKCouple
over a year ago

Norfolk

the only constructive (or should that be destructive) thing I can offer is my big hammer ............. if that fails I have an even bigger one you can try

By *abioMan
over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

S.

WD40 seems to have fixed the problem and my upgrade is due this month any how! "

The iPhone 4 looks lovely mmmmmmmmmmm......... lol

over a year ago

"the only constructive (or should that be destructive) thing I can offer is my big hammer ............. if that fails I have an even bigger one you can try "

There's always one...lol!!

over a year ago

"the only constructive (or should that be destructive) thing I can offer is my big hammer ............. if that fails I have an even bigger one you can try

There's always one...lol!! "

Or i could have a wander round inside ya phone an see what the problem is xx

over a year ago

"the only constructive (or should that be destructive) thing I can offer is my big hammer ............. if that fails I have an even bigger one you can try

There's always one...lol!!

Or i could have a wander round inside ya phone an see what the problem is xx "

You want to add water damage too?!!

over a year ago

"

You want to add water damage too?!! "

Na not intta that much lol xx

over a year ago

Any form of rollerball on a mouse, phone etc gather dust and fibre fragmnents (and dead skin I guess) and over time it builds up on the wheel or underneath it. Also, there are two sensors that track vertical and horizontal movement. These sensors sometimes build up a layer of grime and need to be cleaned. It's a relatively simple process for cleaning them and all the need is a very small screwdriver (or just unclip it if it's a phone) and a tissue. Give everything a clean and put it all back together.

over a year ago

"Any form of rollerball on a mouse, phone etc gather dust and fibre fragmnents (and dead skin I guess) and over time it builds up on the wheel or underneath it. Also, there are two sensors that track vertical and horizontal movement. These sensors sometimes build up a layer of grime and need to be cleaned. It's a relatively simple process for cleaning them and all the need is a very small screwdriver (or just unclip it if it's a phone) and a tissue. Give everything a clean and put it all back together."

Thanks Wishy...but you lost me at screwdriver...lol!!

over a year ago

Yeah Whishy mate encouraging women ta use tools they will be wantin ta vote next man!!!!

over a year ago

"Any form of rollerball on a mouse, phone etc gather dust and fibre fragmnents (and dead skin I guess) and over time it builds up on the wheel or underneath it. Also, there are two sensors that track vertical and horizontal movement. These sensors sometimes build up a layer of grime and need to be cleaned. It's a relatively simple process for cleaning them and all the need is a very small screwdriver (or just unclip it if it's a phone) and a tissue. Give everything a clean and put it all back together.

Thanks Wishy...but you lost me at screwdriver...lol!! "

Ok, for the benefit of those technically-challenged among us (ie. gurls) here's what you do:

Take phone to shop

Tell man, "the rolling-thingy-wotsit isn't doing it's rolling-thingy-wotsit thing"

Flutter eyelids

over a year ago

"Yeah Whishy mate encouraging women ta use tools they will be wantin ta vote next man!!!! "

oops - my apoligies to the entire male species - we've *seen* what women in power can do - who'd be a racing team boss huh?

over a year ago

"Yeah Whishy mate encouraging women ta use tools they will be wantin ta vote next man!!!! "

As someone said to you yesterday: you're cruising for a bruising grrrr...lol

over a year ago

"Yeah Whishy mate encouraging women ta use tools they will be wantin ta vote next man!!!!

As someone said to you yesterday: you're cruising for a bruising grrrr...lol "

As someone says ta me everyday lol xx

over a year ago

"Any form of rollerball on a mouse, phone etc gather dust and fibre fragmnents (and dead skin I guess) and over time it builds up on the wheel or underneath it. Also, there are two sensors that track vertical and horizontal movement. These sensors sometimes build up a layer of grime and need to be cleaned. It's a relatively simple process for cleaning them and all the need is a very small screwdriver (or just unclip it if it's a phone) and a tissue. Give everything a clean and put it all back together.

Thanks Wishy...but you lost me at screwdriver...lol!!

Ok, for the benefit of those technically-challenged among us (ie. gurls) here's what you do:

Take phone to shop

Tell man, "the rolling-thingy-wotsit isn't doing it's rolling-thingy-wotsit thing"

Flutter eyelids

"

I did that but he couldn't help me...I'd bought the tv remote instead!

over a year ago

S.

WD40 seems to have fixed the problem and my upgrade is due this month any how!

The iPhone 4 looks lovely mmmmmmmmmmm......... lol "

.... Yeah indeed it does just a shame you carnt hold it to make calls haha FAIL

* gets bk in coffin *

Post new Message to Thread