Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Favourite holiday

Jump to newest

By *hattyman80 OP   Man
over a year ago

stockport

Right I've just booked my second holiday for this year to las Vegas. I love that place. Makes me feel at home and you can find every kind of fun. My other holiday is Santa Eulalia in Ibiza, one of the most beautiful places I've ever been.

What's your favourite holiday destination or holiday you have had?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman
over a year ago

evesham

thats greedy - i think you shuld give me one of those holidays

i have to say i love Portugal, went there a few years ago and it was lovely

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Love Gran caneria but aint had a holiday in nearly 7 years now xx

over a year ago

well....am a bit of an outdoor person, used to be quite reckless, and a bit of a budding Chris Bonnington.... so anyway.... woke up one morning having had enough of England, so I hopped on a train with no real destination in mind........I eventually ended up in Geneva... I phoned a pal who had just bought a ski lodge in the French Alps to see if I could scrounge a bed there for the night......she said I could use it for the next two weeks if I wanted it.....just so long as I whitewashed the exterior concrete while I was there....deal done!!!!

Had a fabby time climbing all over the place, sitting out on the balconies and watching the lightning storms in the valley below, drinking lots of lovely French wine, chasing cattle across the mountainside trying to steal a cowbell and generally enjoying the solitude

Then A few years back I found myself enjoying something I never would have believed possible.....did a tour of Eastern Europe, on the way back, stopped off for a few days in Vienna....what a fantastic place....I actually fell in love with a whole city.....me, someone that hates having neighbours...had a fantastic time, want to go back, and would even consider living there

By *harpDressed ManMan
over a year ago

Here occasionally, but mostly somewhere else

Vegas for me too.

By *uton_coupleCouple
over a year ago

luton

vegas takes a lot of beating , its our favourite

its worth avoiding weekends as the hotel prices go right up , but 4 or 5 days there is about enough

its not toooo far from grand canyon , and within striking distance of sanfransisco , yesemity park etc

places recomended would be alcaraz , el capitan mountain , general sherman tree

tip of the day would be take some coffe and buy a coffe machine in walgreens 10 dollars , as the vegas hotels dont have them , but they do in all the motels

just wish we had never been so we could go for the first time

By *prite128Woman
over a year ago

maidstone

chatty, Id agree thats one of the prettiest places in ibiza..i love the moorish influences there

never been to vegas but would love to sometime!

my favourite holiday has been to my favourite part of france...countryside, rivers, great fresh food, sunsets to die for, chateaux, irrepresible french charm and total unwinding

By *atisfy janeWoman
over a year ago

Torquay

Easy one for me.....Ibiza

We have lots of friends on the island and although we have been all over we always end back up in Ibiza.

By *hattyman80 OP   Man
over a year ago

stockport

Well this is the tenth time to Vegas so I'm very lucky. As for Ibiza I'm glad someone else here knows what I was on about. France is somewhere I've not really explored. I've seen Paris and that's it

By *prite128Woman
over a year ago

maidstone

"Well this is the tenth time to Vegas so I'm very lucky. As for Ibiza I'm glad someone else here knows what I was on about. France is somewhere I've not really explored. I've seen Paris and that's it "

paris is very different to the rest of france in the same way most capital cities are. I love the french way of life...slower paced for sure but much more family/friends orientated

By *atisfy janeWoman
over a year ago

Torquay

If you want a different slant on Ibiza rent a property in the Las Salinas area or an old backstreet place in Ibiza Town.

By *hattyman80 OP   Man
over a year ago

stockport

"If you want a different slant on Ibiza rent a property in the Las Salinas area or an old backstreet place in Ibiza Town.

"

I'll have a look into that. I've got a timeshare in ibiza and Vegas so you get kind of used to the same place. But I'll look at Las Salinas as I want to try and squeeze a week in September if I can

over a year ago

Cuba for me: Santiago and Havana, just love the atmosphere of the place.

I used to like Prague before the stag parties discovered it!

over a year ago

2005 was a good year for holiday and entertainment in the house of mall, May we went to Devon for a week, got the best weeks weather for that year, came back red, in July Mr and mrs Mally stayed at the clarence in Dublin for the week (owned by U2s Bono and Edge), fantastic week that was, week before we'd seen U2 at Manchester City Staduim, then in August, a week in New York, fantastic city and cant wait to go back

By *uton_coupleCouple
over a year ago

luton

no ones mentioned blackpool yet !

By *prite128Woman
over a year ago

maidstone

"Cuba for me: Santiago and Havana, just love the atmosphere of the place.

I used to like Prague before the stag parties discovered it! "

I went to prague for my birthday a few years ago..in December. It was magical with everything lit for christmas and the markets. Woud definitely go again but not in prime hen/stag time

over a year ago

"no ones mentioned blackpool yet !"

I luvs Blackpool but not fa holidays lol xx

over a year ago

"Cuba for me: Santiago and Havana, just love the atmosphere of the place.

I used to like Prague before the stag parties discovered it!

I went to prague for my birthday a few years ago..in December. It was magical with everything lit for christmas and the markets. Woud definitely go again but not in prime hen/stag time "

I don't do snow but went to Prague the last time in February.

Seeing the castle and all the bridges in the snow: magical!

Post new Message to Thread