Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Capello out.

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Given how crap England have been the blame must fall at the managers feet because the players play better than this for their clubs. Contract or no contract Capello must go for failing to bring the team together.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *ustyWoman
over a year ago

inverclyde

yet another crap game for the english team

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Is changing the Manager really the solution though? Surely some continuity here would be better?

over a year ago

im sure i read that if we didnt do well then he would just leave, why give him a 4 yr contract JUST before the wc??? waste of money for england in general, built a massive training complex etc for what??

over a year ago

There's far too much money in this industry anyway but the next Manager would be paid just as much before proving their 'worth' anyway.

over a year ago

the players were mince..........in the 4 games played at this world cup....which england player even remotely played to anywhere near their potential???? i wouldnt blame the manager for that.......these players get their wages way too easy....they are spoiled brats with no fight in them. Torn to shreds by a young german team......and these are the same players that capello managed throughout qualifying.....and there were no complaints then!!!

By *oe_Steve_NWestCouple
over a year ago

Bolton

bunch of overpaid lazy sods

next time play some guys who cant get in the team and they will play till they drop cos they will have hunger and something to prove.

Ya cant blame the manager for lazy players

Steve

over a year ago

exactly steve, bring in players who are "underdogs", play them over the likes of lampard, gerrard and rooney.

i say nzogbia and bramble for england

over a year ago

oh and get an english manager!!

over a year ago

1. Gerrard plays in the centre of midfield for liverpool, why would you put him on the left wing for England, especially if he's right footed.

2. They are playing in a formation that very few play in the premiership. How many others in the wc play that formation?

over a year ago

guys like rooney, lampard, gerrard and terry are instant picks no matter the manager due to press pressure and fans who always 'know better' but ultimately are not good enough without thier foreign team mates at club level.

England will not be able to hire a better manager as there is no-one better than Capello.

Lampards goal was chalked off but with the defending as awful as it was from Kick Off, with the players Again not playing good at all Germany would have still won

mabye if England qualify for the euros or next world cup, if the players are not treated like they are already winners and without the unjustified pressure the nation puts on them, they would do better!!

over a year ago

"1. Gerrard plays in the centre of midfield for liverpool, why would you put him on the left wing for England, especially if he's right footed.

2. They are playing in a formation that very few play in the premiership. How many others in the wc play that formation?"

I said that after the 2nd match. Playing them out of position and in a formation which clearly isn't working wasn't the best decision in the world.

over a year ago

"1. Gerrard plays in the centre of midfield for liverpool, why would you put him on the left wing for England, especially if he's right footed."

dude, you all said it was fine after you beat Slovenia and it was fine before kick off.

By *picyspiregirlCouple
over a year ago

chesterfield

for a long time we have had players with over hyped reputations, they refer to each other as great and seem to believe their own publicity. lampard? terry? im sorry but very very ordinary players at best. for ages the media have been telling us that rooney is one of the best in the world because he has scored a lot of goals for man utd, so was andy cole the same?

lets start to pick players who deserve to be picked not because of their media reputations, showbiz parties or number of tv adverts!

over a year ago

Not sure it's fair to blame Capello entirely, there are so many reasons England are not that good, one being they're not that good.

The press build us up and we fall for it, hope is wonderful but reality can hurt.

I blame the manager, the press, the players on the field, the FA, the ball.

We just was not prepared.

But yes, I would prefer an English manager.

By *umourCouple
over a year ago

Northants

We should not be employing any one other than an English person to be England manager! Does anyone really believe that a person with allegiance to their own country will do his best for England?

One day he will want to return home and will not want to be called a traitor!

The other thing is that English clubs employ foreign players instead of bringing English talent through. That means we have a smaller pool to call on for national games!

We deserved a proper trouncing! I just hope someone takes notice of this national disgrace...

On the good side... Perhaps we can restore normality to the many sites who assume that everyone likes football.

over a year ago

Alan Shearer for England Manager???

over a year ago

alladyce(sp?) as manager

bramble and nzogbia in the starting line up instead of terry and gerrard.

only use rooney as a sub.... WHERE THE HELL WAS CROUCH!!!

By *he_original_poloWoman
over a year ago

a Primark shoebox in Leicester

"1. Gerrard plays in the centre of midfield for liverpool, why would you put him on the left wing for England, especially if he's right footed.

2. They are playing in a formation that very few play in the premiership. How many others in the wc play that formation?"

Gerrard has played quite well... Rooney failed to adapt in the actual matches.

They play football for a living.... they should be able to adapt if they are that good.... sadly we were not THAT good.

over a year ago

"The other thing is that English clubs employ foreign players instead of bringing English talent through. That means we have a smaller pool to call on for national games!"

Absolutely!

By *picyspiregirlCouple
over a year ago

chesterfield

With regard to the above point it is about time that all clubs started to invest in their youth academy in the same way that west ham do instead of going out and buying who or what they need.

Every team should have five home grown players in their squad for each game.

over a year ago

allardyce wouldnt sacrifice what he is building at club level for two years of constant pressure, then for the players who Every football fan would pick to play, lets him down and then to get hounded out the country....dont you folks remember steve maclaren???

your manager is world class, its the playera that are not! He should not be sacked! England did not qualify for the euros, yet Capello gets you to the world cup with games to spare!

blame the players, not the Proven world class manager

over a year ago

"alladyce(sp?) as manager

bramble and nzogbia in the starting line up instead of terry and gerrard."

bramble??? as in TITus bramble.......surely your having a laugh!! he is a calamity at the back

rooney proved at this world cup that he AINT one of the worlds best players. Once again the hype took over and i think many of the england players must have thought it was a point of just turning up!!!

over a year ago

"allardyce wouldnt sacrifice what he is building at club level for two years of constant pressure, then for the players who Every football fan would pick to play, lets him down and then to get hounded out the country....dont you folks remember steve maclaren???

your manager is world class, its the playera that are not! He should not be sacked! England did not qualify for the euros, yet Capello gets you to the world cup with games to spare!

blame the players, not the Proven world class manager"

England did have a very easy qualifying group, that certainly helped England and Capello to get them there.

over a year ago

i said bramble as he was very consistant in bruces last season at wigan, would shock the "england" players into puttin some bloody effort in.

put it simple, capello is a stubborn git who wouldnt change the tactics, he put heskey on ffs!!

By *abioMan
over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"The other thing is that English clubs employ foreign players instead of bringing English talent through. That means we have a smaller pool to call on for national games!

Absolutely!"

I wouldn't agree..... if you are good enough then you are old enough, it makes the players that do play with them better...

if you look at the top clubs, tell me which english talent is being stopped coming thru by having top talent there... not many!!

what I will say is this..... hope many players in that england side play 4-4-2 at club level....

capello is playing people out of position.....

Rooney doesn't play in that position for man u, gerrard and lampard don't play in that position for liverpool and chelsea....

he said he was going to pick on form.. well shaun wright philips goes while not playing for man city... where as adam johnson who plays in that position for man city doesn't...

should never have taken carragher, and if i was theo walcott watching that I'd call it a great escape that you weren't in the squad

over a year ago

agree, shearer, pearce, someone with passion and fire, has played RECENTLY at the top level and is not too stubborn to think they know better! Hell, someone that can speak the fucking Queens without a translator!

over a year ago

"The other thing is that English clubs employ foreign players instead of bringing English talent through. That means we have a smaller pool to call on for national games!

Absolutely!

I wouldn't agree..... if you are good enough then you are old enough, it makes the players that do play with them better...

if you look at the top clubs, tell me which english talent is being stopped coming thru by having top talent there... not many!!

what I will say is this..... hope many players in that england side play 4-4-2 at club level....

Rooney doesn't play in that position for man u, gerrard and lampard don't play in that position for liverpool and chelsea....

he said he was going to pick on form.. well shaun wright philips goes while not playing for man city... where as adam johnson who plays in that position for man city doesn't...

should never have taken carragher, and if i was theo walcott watching that I'd call it a great escape that you weren't in the squad"

and to take the risk on both Ferdinand and King was silly at best, one or the other, but not both.

over a year ago

"England did have a very easy qualifying group, that certainly helped England."

now that England are out this is said, yet last week in these forums when i stated it, it wasnt true

over a year ago

i said before a ball was kicked in the world cup the defence was not good enough and will be too easy for a good side to pass through.the germans played well against a woefull england side but i thought there defence for the most part was nearly as bad as us but our defence more or less defended on the half way line allowing the quick german counter attacks and there quicker forwards to create massive gaps and easy goals.capello is to blame for the formation but good players should put in better performances than they did in the 4 games they played. rooney and gerard were very very dissapointing.its back to the drawing board i'm afraid

over a year ago

give it time and the ferdinand excuse will come out of his foreign mouth, funny that all the bnp supporters would have been cheering capello on but there all gonna change now eh?

By *he_original_poloWoman
over a year ago

a Primark shoebox in Leicester

What’s all this bollox about foreign players keeping out home grown talent at club level?

Do our Premiership clubs not have youth academies? Do they not send out talent scouts to under 18/16/15 etc local/county leagues … do they not have under 16 squads?

If not..... what the fuck has my nephew been doing every summer since he was 12

By *picyspiregirlCouple
over a year ago

chesterfield

in truth the manager, whoever it is, would not make a blind bit of difference while we continue to pick a team from the celebrity pages of the sun!!

all these so called world class players have been shown to be ordinary at best, dont be fooled by club fans bias! pick the next generation as of now because they deserve it and are willing to work for, there are plenty of good young players who could make a decent team.

over a year ago

Puffed up, overpaid and over-hyped.

Never turn up on the big occasions, tactically inept (you need a goal and take off Defoe and bring on Heskey) and badly organised.

Lob in a manager on £100,000 a week and you have the recipe for mediocrity.

By *umourCouple
over a year ago

Northants

"I wouldn't agree..... if you are good enough then you are old enough, it makes the players that do play with them better...

if you look at the top clubs, tell me which english talent is being stopped coming thru by having top talent there... not many!!"

How would we know what English talent was not being brought through if they are not being brought through???

That is the whole point! Clubs buy in what they want in the way of talent and have no real need to bring through the youngsters. As someone else said in this thread, each club should have to side at least five ENGLISH players in each game!

By *harpDressed ManMan
over a year ago

Here occasionally, but mostly somewhere else

No point blaming the manager - or the players.

Or even the linesman.

That's about England's level - just under the top 8 in the world. On their day they can hold their own in that company, but not often, and not when it matters.

The difference at their clubs is that none of them are played out of position and they're surrounded by players FROM those "top 8" nations...as soon as they're not, they're no longer "dragged up" to that level.

And with that, I wave a sad farewell to my chances of seeing polo's naked bottom...

By *umourCouple
over a year ago

Northants

"What’s all this bollox about foreign players keeping out home grown talent at club level?

Do our Premiership clubs not have youth academies? Do they not send out talent scouts to under 18/16/15 etc local/county leagues … do they not have under 16 squads?

If not..... what the fuck has my nephew been doing every summer since he was 12 "

I do know that youth is targeted by some clubs, but take all of the top clubs and see how many players are from other countries! That is our traditional pool for national games. They should not just sign up these young lads and keep others from getting them "just in case" they should be using them every week to give them experience...

over a year ago

Fabio is to stubborn. He shoulda came out and changed formation instead of sticking with what wasn't working.

The players have been terrible. Are they even interested in playing for there country???

This was prob englands best chance of winning the world cup. This pretty much was a golden generation at there peak and with not as many great English players coming through the ranks could be there last chance of winning it for a while

By *picyspiregirlCouple
over a year ago

chesterfield

every club should put as much time, effort and money into their youth academys as west ham do, give the youth a chance.

if every club brought through as many of their own players as west ham do we would not need to be buying average imports to play in average teams! there is no excuse for that! lets have the top drawer players here to learn from but that is all!

invest in the future and stop believing all this stupid hype about rooney, etc etc.

By *atisfy janeWoman
over a year ago

Torquay

"every club should put as much time, effort and money into their youth academys as west ham do, give the youth a chance.

if every club brought through as many of their own players as west ham do we would not need to be buying average imports to play in average teams! there is no excuse for that! lets have the top drawer players here to learn from but that is all!

invest in the future and stop believing all this stupid hype about rooney, etc etc."

I know little about football but even I know West Hams team is full of foreign players, no difference there then?

By *p4Fun2010Couple
over a year ago

north lanarkshire

funny only the other day the england team were all hailed heroes by some lol

By *abioMan
over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

lets get something right here.....

all premier league teams have youth academys... and lets dispell the notion that they are full of foreign talent because they are not....

for example, arsenal won the youth cup last year... and did so with all english talent.... if players are good enough the get a chance early enough, if the foreign talent is better than they are now then it helps them get better......

By *picyspiregirlCouple
over a year ago

chesterfield

you obviously know very little about football! west ham have always brought their own players through and indeed their academy make up a hell of a lot of the current english side! far more then any other single club! they have a lot of young lads coming through again including at least two future england players.

tony carr, the head of the academy has just been awarded the mbe for his contribution. it is about time other clubs followed suit!

By *atisfy janeWoman
over a year ago

Torquay

"you obviously know very little about football! west ham have always brought their own players through and indeed their academy make up a hell of a lot of the current english side! far more then any other single club! they have a lot of young lads coming through again including at least two future england players.

tony carr, the head of the academy has just been awarded the mbe for his contribution. it is about time other clubs followed suit!"

Well I know enough to have looked at the 2009/10 West Ham squad, and found that out of the 27 players who had a game last season only 9 are entitled to play for England, of that 9 only 4 played for the West Ham youth team.

So maybe in the past, but maybe not recently?

over a year ago

Dont blame the manager,he can only do so much.The rest is up to the players they were useless runnin round like a bunch of headless chickens,they deserve to be out.

By *picyspiregirlCouple
over a year ago

chesterfield

im not sure what you were looking at as there were more english qualified youth team players then that plus one full welsh international plus 7 english qualified players out on loan but never mind. i wish all teams would do the same.

have you had a look at the number of academy products made up this world cup squad? that is the present not the past!

im sure you would agree that other clubs should put as much effort in as they do, until such time england will continue to struggle

over a year ago

as far as im concerned its not just the manager.the whole team are to fault they are jumped up n over paid and we need to go back to basics n work as a team as england dont.

By *atisfy janeWoman
over a year ago

Torquay

"im not sure what you were looking at as there were more english qualified youth team players then that plus one full welsh international plus 7 english qualified players out on loan but never mind. i wish all teams would do the same.

have you had a look at the number of academy products made up this world cup squad? that is the present not the past!

im sure you would agree that other clubs should put as much effort in as they do, until such time england will continue to struggle"

This is the list of West Ham (English) players who played in a league game last season;

Robert Green (Norwich Youth)

James Tomkins (West Ham Youth)

Matthew Upson (Arsenal Youth)

Keiron Dyer (Upswich Youth)

Junior Stanislas (West Ham Youth)

Mark Noble (West Ham Youth)

Scott Parker (Charlton Youth)

Carlton Cole (Chelsea Youth)

Everyone else was not English....and btw, being Welsh hardly counts as English.....

over a year ago

What about the captain? He has never come across as that inspirational or charismatic to me, sorry!

over a year ago

"What about the captain? He has never come across as that inspirational or charismatic to me, sorry! "

Another reason the dream fell apart, he hardly speaks to the other players, he isn't a leader.

By *picyspiregirlCouple
over a year ago

chesterfield

good god!! what is the problem? congratulations on being so pedantic (a trait i have noticed often) now go and look at ALL games! when you have wasted your time doing that would you mind me asking, do you think other clubs are doing as much as that club? do you think others could be doing as much? should they be doing as much? how many of this current england squad came through their youth system? why are the other clubs not doing as much? getting back to the original point, england will not progress until other clubs put in as much effort as them! by the way, you missed josh payne(league)

By *atisfy janeWoman
over a year ago

Torquay

No, I don't think other clubs are doing any better.....but I think as a West Ham supporter you are resting on past achievments, the truth is West Ham are doing no more than any other top English club in the present game.

The bottom line is that English football, at the top end, is so reliant on the money it gets from Sky and the like to be able to freely stick to a youth policy like they once did.

The stakes are far too high, play all your kids and get relegated and lose all that Sky cash, buy in a few foreign players and you might just stay up there with the big boys.

It's business.....

By *atisfy janeWoman
over a year ago

Torquay

If you want an example at a nation where EXACTLY the same thing has happened look at Italy.

Six or Seven years ago the top Italian league was stuffed full of foreign imports, all the worlds top players went there to chase the money.

As a result the Italian home grown players never got a look in and that is the EXACT reason the Italian football authorities gave for their poor World Cup showing this year.

All of a sudden there is a shortage of top Italian young footballers.

The English game is the richest in the world, teams are hardly going to turn their backs on signing foreign players when they become available.

over a year ago

"agree, shearer, pearce, someone with passion and fire, has played RECENTLY at the top level and is not too stubborn to think they know better! Hell, someone that can speak the fucking Queens without a translator!"

Well that rules out most of the posters on these forums at a stroke as I struggle to understand some of the posts on here supposedly written in English!

over a year ago

"im not sure what you were looking at as there were more english qualified youth team players then that plus one full welsh international plus 7 english qualified players out on loan but never mind. i wish all teams would do the same.

im sure you would agree that other clubs should put as much effort in as they do, until such time england will continue to struggle

This is the list of West Ham (English) players who played in a league game last season;

Robert Green (Norwich Youth)

James Tomkins (West Ham Youth)

Matthew Upson (Arsenal Youth)

Keiron Dyer (Upswich Youth)

Junior Stanislas (West Ham Youth)

Mark Noble (West Ham Youth)

Scott Parker (Charlton Youth)

Carlton Cole (Chelsea Youth)

Everyone else was not English....and btw, being Welsh hardly counts as English.....

"

Crikey Kieron Dyer started a game?

West Ham are now up to their ears in debt because of paying massive wages to many foreign and some Uk players.

And that comes from their present co-Chairman.

Btw where was all the young English talent a forward thinking club like Arsenal could have supplied today?

There isn't any. We need to radically overhaul youth coaching and the grassroots of our game. Now!

over a year ago

The amount of talent in the Engand team there really was no reason for them not to have gone a lot further in the tournament. As a Scotsman I was hoping they wouldn't win but they never looked like they were ever interested. Is that the manager's fault? I'm not sure.

Is it the amount of money they take home every week? They should want to play for their national team and be proud to represent them.

There needs to be a radical rethink but I don't think that English football is as bad as a lot of people think.

over a year ago

you are probably spot on inverman.............but the expectations from some of their national side is too overwhelming for the players to cope with possibly!!!!!

over a year ago

When push comes to shove,no matter what the manager says,there are only 11 men in the team.

Its all too easy to blame the manager but once the players get on the field its up to them how they play the game.

If only the England teams wages reflected their ability they'd be untouchable.

XXXX

over a year ago

"When push comes to shove,no matter what the manager says,there are only 11 men in the team.

Its all too easy to blame the manager but once the players get on the field its up to them how they play the game.

XXXX"

or skint.

over a year ago

Too true,depending which way you look at it! R

By *abioMan
over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"

Btw where was all the young English talent a forward thinking club like Arsenal could have supplied today?

"

well Theo is sitting at home probably thinking he escaped this debacle.... Jack Wilshire will be in the england squad in the next two years..trust me, Kieran Gibb is the England Left Back in waiting and there are others that are coming thru........

Arsenal have always said if you are good enough you are old enough..... ashley cole played for us at 17, Cesc fabregas played for us at 16, Clichy at 18, ... even this year arsnal have tons of england internations at under 19 and under 18 level..... we play a ton of them in the Carling Cup every year and get slaughtered for doing so...

what we say today is a english issue.. not always a club level issue cause England get to choose the best of the best!!

and anyway UEFA are bringing in a 6+5 system that is going to be applied.. where 6 will need to be english or have been brought thru the english youth system.....

over a year ago

The manager can't speak in interviews so how is he suppose to give team talks ????

By *he BananamanMan
over a year ago

WORCESTERSHIRE

but the clubs are bringing in very young foreign players at academy level so the home grown talent is still stiffled!,take a look at the youth and academy squads at arsenal, liverpool,man united and try to spot the home grown youth.

over a year ago

"The manager can't speak in interviews so how is he suppose to give team talks ???? "

He also bears a striking resemblance to Tommy Cooper which should have boded ill from the start!

XXXX

Forum Mod

over a year ago

It did make me laugh when they showed a clip of him ranting at Stuart Pearce in the build up stuff before the game though

over a year ago

i never watched the game as our daughters boyfriend was playing a pre-season friendly in the sunday leage and i saw more passion and comitment than ive ever seen from an england team. well we dont actually have an england team do we what we have is 11 over payed over rated footballers on the pitch perhaps they should go back to school and learn to spell as then they will find that theres no i in team.i say the next england team should be made up from the ametuer ranks they no what passion is.

over a year ago

"When push comes to shove,no matter what the manager says,there are only 11 men in the team.

XXXX"

Totally agree.

Wonder if we would have still lost because in doing so they wouldnt have picked any wages up. ?

over a year ago

XXXX

Totally agree.

Wonder if we would have still lost because in doing so they wouldnt have picked any wages up. ? "

We've always believed all players should be payed on results,instead of getting a fortune in some cases for just putting in an appearance.

No effort,no wages just expenses.

XXXX

over a year ago

Absolutely!

how do you know which players are not coming thru if they are not coming thru LOL

should never have taken carragher, and if i was theo walcott watching that I'd call it a great escape that you weren't in the squad"

By *ifferentClassMan
over a year ago

Glasgow

It's quite simple. Too many of these players get called world class when they simply are not. All that crap about if you had the choice there are only 2 German players you'd take into the England team - I think today proved that it would be at least 6 if not more. The premiership is not the best league in the world as it is so often purported to be - it is also jam packed full of foreigners and is played at 100mph. As soon as these guys come up against genuine technical ability they don't have a hope. England have had a lucky escape - imagine what the Argies would have done!

By *leasureDomeMan
over a year ago

all over the place

"i never watched the game as our daughters boyfriend was playing a pre-season friendly in the sunday leage and i saw more passion and comitment than ive ever seen from an england team. well we dont actually have an england team do we what we have is 11 over payed over rated footballers on the pitch perhaps they should go back to school and learn to spell as then they will find that theres no i in team.i say the next england team should be made up from the ametuer ranks they no what passion is."

I totally agree with a lot of the posts on here about players being over praised for there abilities ,i blame a lot on the press ,conning us into believing we have a great team when at best we are mediocre ,even the latest rankings put us at 8 ,i think we will drop.

We are a quarter finals team and in that sense we didnt quite achieve our level but not far off and in previous years have got to the semi's.

Perhaps if the expectations were not so high, we would not be so annoyed.I really do not think _abio can weave his magic as he is clearly struggling with the language and i suspect the mentality and psychology surrounding of the wealthy English footballer.

Previous England teams have had blood and guts and a go for it,for "queen and country" attitude a lot of it as always again whipped up by the press.

I dont think this team showed passion ,commitment or that "we'll do our very best or die trying philosophy"and i dont think we really had a captain out there. Is that down to _abio ....dont know,I do know the press agenda is to bounce him out of his job.

Maybe if the FA grew some balls and stopped using the scapegoat to defend there lacklustre approach to English football,....things really might get a bit better. However with a FA rocked with allegations of Bribary by the chairman,and a chief executive Ian Watmore who resigned after 9 months feeling he was being letdown the press reported

"Watmore had been in the post for less than a year but had become increasingly frustrated with his proposals being thwarted. He opposed the slow-moving committee structure of the FA, and believed he was being blocked by the Premier League chairman, Sir Dave Richards, on a number of issues"

A 12 man "bunker they cant pin it on us" committee of civil servants chose Fabio.It seems to me football might be better served if the press stopped bullshitting us and then when we feel pissed off going for the throat of anyone in the firing line, and that we put the future of our national team into the hands of respected ex players who have had experience of playing at an international level.

just my tuppence worth.

over a year ago

not a footy fan....but seem to recall this man could do little wrong during the qualifying matches when this team played well

soon as they start losing a few games he is suddenly the devil incarnate?

surely the eleven, overpaid, over hyped lame ducks on the field are to blame for the poor performance they have put in during this world cup? After all, they are the ones on the pitch playing, or it seems, not playing. It's always too easy to blame the overpaid fella at the top who not so long ago was being hailed as a god by the same people now baying for his scalp.......

Am going back to the cricket now

over a year ago

I think the nail has been hit on the head, the premiership is played at 100mph but then you get these foreign managers in who try to get these same players to play at 10mph for their country. They simply don't know how to do it and everyone wonders why we look awful. They look like they're playing without passion because they've had it taken out of them by the manager so they play in a 'european' style. You look at any top uk side and when they play well they play at a high tempo. We need a manager who understands that.

over a year ago

"It did make me laugh when they showed a clip of him ranting at Stuart Pearce in the build up stuff before the game though "

lol yeah that was pretty awesome, it was at the end when he told Pearce to sit down, then told him to piss off seconds later lol. Id never imagined a guy with Glasses bullying Stuart Pearce

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 28/06/10 13:25:21]

over a year ago

XXXX...England have underachived again, to blame the manager is not all fair, England players donate any money they get for the English team, when you play at a high level for your club you must realise that all other players around them are all around the world, we may have the best league but it's not the best league cuz of the English players, it's because all the great players from around the world play here and get very high wages, I thought crouch should of played at some point, he is englands best scorer by far at the momoent, to be mugged of a clear goal just shows that using camera evidence would of put us 2.2. I only think we should use this for goals as it can be quick and easy way of saying yes or no that was a goal,

Totally agree.

Wonder if we would have still lost because in doing so they wouldnt have picked any wages up. ? "

Post new Message to Thread