Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

FUCKING HEROES !!!

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

FUCKING HEROES !!!

ENGLAND HAVE DONE US PROUD!! WOOOHOOOOO THEY GO THROUGH RUNNERS UP AFTER USA HAVE GOT TOP ON THE TABLE N THE NEXT MATCH OF ENGLAND IS SUNDAY!!

GOOD OLD DEFOE!!

THEY DONE US PROUD!!

I KNEW THEY COULD DO IT AND THEY HAVE!!

ENGLAND!!!!!!!!!!!

1-0 FOR US,,,,THE RELIEF IS FINALLY HERE.

(thread closed by moderator)

Reply privately

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

now someone like Nelson Mandela is a hero.............a football player who gets paid 100k a week to kick a round thing around the pitch is just lucky!!!

The word hero is used far too easily in the football world

Reply privately

over a year ago

England are pants and wait till the Germans get you on sunday .

Reply privately

By *lassic1Man
over a year ago

bellshill

"FUCKING HEROES !!!

ENGLAND HAVE DONE US PROUD!! WOOOHOOOOO THEY GO THROUGH RUNNERS UP AFTER USA HAVE GOT TOP ON THE TABLE N THE NEXT MATCH OF ENGLAND IS SUNDAY!!

GOOD OLD DEFOE!!

THEY DONE US PROUD!!

ENGLAND!!!!!!!!!!!

1-0 FOR US,,,,THE RELIEF IS FINALLY HERE."

Achtung ...donner und blitzen...we shall see on Sunday

Reply privately

By *ilandlarryCouple
over a year ago

more north lincs than mids!

Heroes??? lol don't make me laugh! They scraped thru by the skin of their teeth!

If thats commitment to their country then they need to work harder!!

Reply privately

over a year ago

"FUCKING HEROES !!!

GOOD OLD DEFOE!!

THEY DONE US PROUD!!

ENGLAND!!!!!!!!!!!

1-0 FOR US,,,,THE RELIEF IS FINALLY HERE.

Achtung ...donner und blitzen...we shall see on Sunday "

wE SHAll SEE BOUT THAT THEN!! LOL

Reply privately

By *he_original_poloWoman
over a year ago

a Primark shoebox in Leicester

"England are pants and wait till the Germans get you on sunday ."

Eat my pants!

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Heroes??? lol don't make me laugh! They scraped thru by the skin of their teeth!

If thats commitment to their country then they need to work harder!!"

Eat my pants!

Reply privately

over a year ago

"FUCKING HEROES !!!

GOOD OLD DEFOE!!

THEY DONE US PROUD!!

ENGLAND!!!!!!!!!!!

1-0 FOR US,,,,THE RELIEF IS FINALLY HERE."

we played better, but HEROES is a bit strong.

In my opinion they have played today as we would expect them to...therefore to date, have underachieved. When we lift the trophy they can be classed as heroes, but not before.

Well done England, but could do better.

Reply privately

over a year ago

why is it all slovien people have names like vitch or nitch or sitch or summat did they fall into a ditch in driotwitch? lol

ps wots a slovien bf say his gf-----fancyashagyabitch? lol

bf says to slovien gf ---fuckoffyabitch lol lol

Reply privately

over a year ago

* sticks her tongue out at Polo*

(wants to eat through her pants)

Reply privately

over a year ago

Not the only one pal! not the only one.

Great fantastic result for england though!!!

awesome.

Reply privately

over a year ago

I am so fluck-a-duckly happy right now... I am open to any abuse of a sexual nature

Reply privately

By *oe_Steve_NWestCouple
over a year ago

Bolton

Heroes? Nah! Soldiers, firemen, medics - etc etc are heroes - footballers are overpaid under achievers who have just scraped through to get this far. Very over rated set of human beings in my opinion. Z

Reply privately

over a year ago

Yes too rite sexy!!

Ger-main ends the pain!! lol

we are through to the last 16 !

we can do it,,,,,maybe just maybe.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Heroes? Nah! Soldiers, firemen, medics - etc etc are heroes - footballers are overpaid under achievers who have just scraped through to get this far. Very over rated set of human beings in my opinion. Z"

Eat my pants!

Reply privately

over a year ago

Hero's ? Not quite but they won so its worth a pat on the back to them

Reply privately

By *oe_Steve_NWestCouple
over a year ago

Bolton

"Heroes? Nah! Soldiers, firemen, medics - etc etc are heroes - footballers are overpaid under achievers who have just scraped through to get this far. Very over rated set of human beings in my opinion. Z

Eat my pants! "

lol - no problem! Z

Reply privately

By *stwoCouple
over a year ago

anywhere

Heros!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!check the word in a dictionary.overpaid pompous pratts is more appropiate

Reply privately

over a year ago

Yes the JOB HAS BEEN DONE!

n team england go MARCHING ON!!

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Heros!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!check the word in a dictionary.overpaid pompous pratts is more appropiate"

Eat my pants!

Reply privately

By *atisfy janeWoman
over a year ago

Torquay

I certainly wouldn't describe them as heroes, nice to see the country get behind them but the real heroes will be celebrated this Saturday on Armed Forces Day.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Heros!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!check the word in a dictionary.overpaid pompous pratts is more appropiate

Eat my pants! "

You're really gonna have to ration them out at this rate, that's already only a quarter of your pants to each person so far!

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Heros!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!check the word in a dictionary.overpaid pompous pratts is more appropiate

Eat my pants!

You're really gonna have to ration them out at this rate, that's already only a quarter of your pants to each person so far! "

I'll buy more and make sure they are suitably soiled before supper time

Reply privately

over a year ago

No way are these ungrateful jokers heroes.

Two slipshod performances and Rooney having a pop at fans who paid thousands to watch the ineptitude.

Some heroes.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Theres always one isnt there,,,typical,,tut.

Reply privately

By *he BananamanMan
over a year ago

WORCESTERSHIRE

"England are pants and wait till the Germans get you on sunday ."

lmso your a scot aren't you?,i can see the bitterness from here!.

Reply privately

By *he BananamanMan
over a year ago

WORCESTERSHIRE

"I certainly wouldn't describe them as heroes, nice to see the country get behind them but the real heroes will be celebrated this Saturday on Armed Forces Day."

too true!.

Reply privately

over a year ago

was there a match today? lol

Reply privately

over a year ago

Yes there was!! England 1 Solvenia 0

we are going through solvenia are out!

Im so happy i could jump off a dolls house!! lol

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Yes there was!! England 1 Solvenia 0

we are going through solvenia are out!

Im so happy i could jump off a dolls house!! lol "

I know there was...lol...just couldn't be bothered...have not watch any of the football since it all started

Reply privately

over a year ago

to call the players heroes is utterly pathetic!

Heroes are men and women of our forces losing thier lives overseas in our name, heroes are hard working single parents, police officers etc, players who get paid a fortune for underperforming, which they did again today are certainly not heroes.

blame it on the 'apparent bitterness from the scots' if you like, it is ofcourse the English way but you were lucky, again. A 1-0 win over a very poor team, and to finish second in mabye the easiest group is disappointing.

Another funny thing is, now that the players are amazing and Capello is again a genuis...wasnt Gerrard on the left and Joe Cole on the bench....i thought he was an idiot for these tactics yesterday?

anyway, good game against Germany nearly set up, will be a great game

Reply privately

over a year ago

"to call the players heroes is utterly pathetic!

Heroes are men and women of our forces losing thier lives overseas in our name, heroes are hard working single parents, police officers etc, players who get paid a fortune for underperforming, which they did again today are certainly not heroes.

blame it on the 'apparent bitterness from the scots' if you like, it is ofcourse the English way but you were lucky, again. A 1-0 win over a very poor team, and to finish second in mabye the easiest group is disappointing.

Another funny thing is, now that the players are amazing and Capello is again a genuis...wasnt Gerrard on the left and Joe Cole on the bench....i thought he was an idiot for these tactics yesterday?

anyway, good game against Germany nearly set up, will be a great game "

single parents who work hard being called heroes???? well thats me and a hero i certainly aint. i do it cos i need to and my proudness in standing on my own 2 feet is good enough for me..........save the tag of hero for those who truly deserve it

Reply privately

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

"why is it all slovien people have names like vitch or nitch or sitch or summat did they fall into a ditch in driotwitch? lol

ps wots a slovien bf say his gf-----fancyashagyabitch? lol

bf says to slovien gf ---fuckoffyabitch lol lol "

lolol that made me laugh.

Hero's? are they hell as like, but they played better football than last time , won and got through.....which is what was needed

Reply privately

over a year ago

wow, heroes come in all shapes and sizes and i think anyone that boosts the moral of the british (or english if you wish, though i know a few scots that are rooting for them too)is a hero in their own way.

maybe they are not heroes of a war (i could argue the fact that the same folk that call soldiers heroes are usually the same ones saying we shouldn't be there and it is an unjust war, but i support the troops so won't get into that), but can they not be heroes in their field of work??

i thought it was meant to be a sport and it should be just appreciated in a sportsmanlike manner and leave the bitterness out of it

Reply privately

over a year ago

"wow, heroes come in all shapes and sizes and i think anyone that boosts the moral of the british (or english if you wish, though i know a few scots that are rooting for them too)is a hero in their own way.

maybe they are not heroes of a war (i could argue the fact that the same folk that call soldiers heroes are usually the same ones saying we shouldn't be there and it is an unjust war, but i support the troops so won't get into that), but can they not be heroes in their field of work??

i thought it was meant to be a sport and it should be just appreciated in a sportsmanlike manner and leave the bitterness out of it"

Ok then point taken,,,i was just saying 4 example 4 the thread after the game..

MFM rugby im pleased that u enjoyed my joke! n happy to be part of this fabulous site.

Reply privately

By *atisfy janeWoman
over a year ago

Torquay

[Removed by poster at 23/06/10 18:17:33]

Reply privately

By *atisfy janeWoman
over a year ago

Torquay

I don't find most of your stuff funny Notts....but that was genuinely very funny.

More of the same please

Reply privately

over a year ago

"wow, heroes come in all shapes and sizes and i think anyone that boosts the moral of the british (or english if you wish, though i know a few scots that are rooting for them too)is a hero in their own way.

i thought it was meant to be a sport and it should be just appreciated in a sportsmanlike manner and leave the bitterness out of it

MFM rugby im pleased that u enjoyed my joke! n happy to be part of this fabulous site. "

lol, i was supporting your thread by saying they can be heroes!

Reply privately

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

MFM rugby im pleased that u enjoyed my joke! n happy to be part of this fabulous site.

lol, i was supporting your thread by saying they can be heroes! "

Yeah she was supporting you

Don't worry about it anyway Notts, we can see you are passionate about the game and why you started the thread...I just wish you would stop thinking you have to apologise all the time xxx

Reply privately

over a year ago

Hero noun (pl. heroes) 1 a person, typically a man, who is admired for their courage or outstanding achievements. 2 the chief male character in a book, play, or film. 3 (in mythology and folklore) a person of superhuman qualities.

Reply privately

By *ilandlarryCouple
over a year ago

"Hero noun (pl. heroes) 1 a person, typically a man, who is admired for their courage or outstanding achievements. 2 the chief male character in a book, play, or film. 3 (in mythology and folklore) a person of superhuman qualities.

"

I watched the game today, and the last 2, and would say that definately does not apply to the England team.

Reply privately

By *atisfy janeWoman
over a year ago

Torquay

"Hero noun (pl. heroes) 1 a person, typically a man, who is admired for their courage or outstanding achievements. 2 the chief male character in a book, play, or film. 3 (in mythology and folklore) a person of superhuman qualities.

"

No.3 describes a couple of guys I have met through swinging...

Reply privately

By *atisfy janeWoman
over a year ago

Torquay

I watched the game today, and the last 2, and would say that definately does not apply to the England team."

We could rate the Scottish football team....but they would have to actually be there first, maybe we should just rate them in their absence?

Reply privately

over a year ago

I watched the game today, and the last 2, and would say that definately does not apply to the England team."

it does say 'who is admired', doesn't say by whom...so whilst they may not be your heroes, they are to a lot of other folk

Reply privately

over a year ago

No.3 describes a couple of guys I have met through swinging... "

do you still have a number? hmmm?!

Reply privately

over a year ago

I watched the game today, and the last 2, and would say that definately does not apply to the England team.

We could rate the Scottish football team....but they would have to actually be there first, maybe we should just rate them in their absence?

"

Yeah why not! cool hey!

Reply privately

By *ilandlarryCouple
over a year ago

"

the common comeback

We know Scotland aren't there, we know why they weren't there. We have no expectations of our national team, we don't "expect", they get a very relaxed backing from the media. The hype surrounding the England team every world cup by the British media is what pisses a lot of Scots off. If they just laid off of it a bit then they might see more people supporting them rather than getting pissed off at the number of times that 1966 can get mentioned in a 2 hour programme

Reply privately

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

Thats because we are normally in it as to why the media talk about it.

how dare they eh?

Reply privately

over a year ago

silly tart in a footy strip kicking a ball round a pitch diving over and crying to the ref, getting paid stupid money to play like shit....

guys n girls, some too young to have lived there lives, putting everything on the line to serve there country for shitty politics,, getting paid insulting wages,,,?

balance is slightly out me thinks.

HEROS? hmmm i dont think the band on my wrist means help a football player....

cant wait till this shit is over and we can stop wasting out lives hearing about the world cup

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Thats because we are normally in it as to why the media talk about it.

how dare they eh?"

2rite rugby!!

Reply privately

over a year ago

"silly tart in a footy strip kicking a ball round a pitch diving over and crying to the ref, getting paid stupid money to play like shit....

guys n girls, some too young to have lived there lives, putting everything on the line to serve there country for shitty politics,, getting paid insulting wages,,,?

cant wait till this shit is over and we can stop wasting out lives hearing about the world cup "

hold the boat there sailor!

heroes is used for all types of people from all walks of life, the fact it has been used to spearhead a very worthwhile campaign does not mean that others that are considered heroes are elevating themselves into the same league, nor does it mean they have no right to be considered one...a hero is what you make it, whoever you are.

Reply privately

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

Before this gets out of hand...........the OP is passionate about foortball and used a word he wanted to to describe them.....please don't turn this into anything else..as it just looks like you are all spoiling for a row.

Reply privately

By *atisfy janeWoman
over a year ago

Torquay

"silly tart in a footy strip kicking a ball round a pitch diving over and crying to the ref, getting paid stupid money to play like shit....

cant wait till this shit is over and we can stop wasting out lives hearing about the world cup "

While I agree with a lot of your post I can't help but notice the old money-envy creeping in again, what they are paid is irrelevant.

Reply privately

By *atisfy janeWoman
over a year ago

Torquay

the common comeback

We know Scotland aren't there, we know why they weren't there. We have no expectations of our national team, we don't "expect", they get a very relaxed backing from the media. The hype surrounding the England team every world cup by the British media is what pisses a lot of Scots off. If they just laid off of it a bit then they might see more people supporting them rather than getting pissed off at the number of times that 1966 can get mentioned in a 2 hour programme "

If it pisses you off that much then why not just ignore it?

There must be something else for you to whinge and gripe about?

It is not compulsory to watch the football or the programmes about it, not now we are in 2010 with dozens, no hundreds, of TV channels.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Look sorry im a football fan i love england ,,, i love england football team when they play,,simples..

U boys ave done us proud!

Thank u.

Reply privately

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

DON'T keep saying sorry Notts, you should only say sorry if you are doing something wrong.

Reply privately

By *atisfy janeWoman
over a year ago

Torquay

And did those feet in ancient time.

Walk upon Englands mountains green:

And was the holy Lamb of God,

On Englands pleasant pastures seen!

And did the Countenance Divine,

Shine forth upon our clouded hills?

And was Jerusalem builded here,

Among these dark Satanic Mills?

Bring me my Bow of burning gold;

Bring me my Arrows of desire:

Bring me my Spear: O clouds unfold!

Bring me my Chariot of fire!

I will not cease from Mental Fight,

Nor shall my Sword sleep in my hand:

Till we have built Jerusalem,

In Englands green & pleasant Land

That was just for Notts....

Reply privately

By *atisfy janeWoman
over a year ago

Torquay

"Look sorry im a football fan i love england ,,, i love england football team when they play,,simples..

Thank u."

Don't apologise for being a proud Englishman Notts!!!

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Look sorry im a football fan i love england ,,, i love england football team when they play,,simples..

Thank u."

Agreed the footballers are hero's to many and they did good.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"

"

the usual stupid reply, but could be a fair one IF England would qualify through the groups that the other British nations get. England couldnt beat the USA, Algeria and were again not able to finish off another poor side today, do you seriously think theyd have beaten Holland and Norway in our qualifying group? or Italy and France in the qualifying groups for Euro 2008...oh wait, you werent there after you fluffed it in your group lol

Try and deflect your own shame by comparing yourselves to much smaller nations but really at the end of the day, its a poor effort to make yourself feel better and we would probably beat you over 90 minutes of football

Reply privately

over a year ago

Thank u."

no English footy fan did yesterday

Reply privately

over a year ago

" And did those feet in ancient time.

Walk upon Englands mountains green:

And was the holy Lamb of God,

On Englands pleasant pastures seen!

And did the Countenance Divine,

Shine forth upon our clouded hills?

And was Jerusalem builded here,

Among these dark Satanic Mills?

Bring me my Bow of burning gold;

Bring me my Arrows of desire:

Bring me my Spear: O clouds unfold!

Bring me my Chariot of fire!

I will not cease from Mental Fight,

Nor shall my Sword sleep in my hand:

Till we have built Jerusalem,

In Englands green & pleasant Land

That was just for Notts....

"

awwwwww thank u ,,,,,thank u ,,,,thank u thank u xxxxxxx

Reply privately

over a year ago

Thank u.

Don't apologise for being a proud Englishman Notts!!! "

No! 2rite hunn

Reply privately

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

FFs does EVERY thread about England daring to be in the World cup has to be brought down by can only be described as bitter sounding scots people?

The last three threads had to be taken off for the vile remarks on them.......so a reminder, please no one be tempted to do it on this one.

Reply privately

By *atisfy janeWoman
over a year ago

Torquay

"

the usual stupid reply, but could be a fair one IF England would qualify through the groups that the other British nations get. England couldnt beat the USA, Algeria and were again not able to finish off another poor side today, do you seriously think theyd have beaten Holland and Norway in our qualifying group? or Italy and France in the qualifying groups for Euro 2008...oh wait, you werent there after you fluffed it in your group lol

Try and deflect your own shame by comparing yourselves to much smaller nations but really at the end of the day, its a poor effort to make yourself feel better and we would probably beat you over 90 minutes of football "

You really are bitter aren't you?, remember what Dale Winton says on the National Lottery show.....You've got to be in it to win it.....and once again you ain't in it!

Reply privately

over a year ago

It is just me or do we really have a manager who got us through the qualification stages, to sustain his international integrity, only to get us to the finals and deliberately field a team that hadn't played in the formation he commanded them to, and then, after two draws and the real chance of going home early, he changes the team to one they know well and, lo and behold, they play well, are leading the game, commanding the pitch in every sense, and then... ffs.. he swaps out most charismatic player for our most uncharismatic player, and subs the only man who has socred for the only man who can't?

Or am I just being a pessimist?

Reply privately

over a year ago

"FFs does EVERY thread about England daring to be in the World cup has to be brought down by can only be described as bitter sounding scots people?

The last three threads had to be taken off for the vile remarks on them.......so a reminder, please no one be tempted to do it on this one."

Sad isn't it. Its a good job we don't be as vile about Andy Murry! But what do we do? We get behind him and support him as he is a neighbour and its good to support your neighbours

Reply privately

over a year ago

"It is just me or do we really have a manager who got us through the qualification stages, to sustain his international integrity, only to get us to the finals and deliberately field a team that hadn't played in the formation he commanded them to, and then, after two draws and the real chance of going home early, he changes the team to one they know well and, lo and behold, they play well, are leading the game, commanding the pitch in every sense, and then... ffs.. he swaps out most charismatic player for our most uncharismatic player, and subs the only man who has socred for the only man who can't?

Or am I just being a pessimist?"

But it was the same formation as the other 2 games. 442 with Gerrard on the left. Have i missed something?

Reply privately

over a year ago

"FFs does EVERY thread about England daring to be in the World cup has to be brought down by can only be described as bitter sounding scots people?

The last three threads had to be taken off for the vile remarks on them.......so a reminder, please no one be tempted to do it on this one.

Sad isn't it. Its a good job we don't be as vile about Andy Murry! But what do we do? We get behind him and support him as he is a neighbour and its good to support your neighbours "

HERE HERE!! 2RITE.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"It is just me or do we really have a manager who got us through the qualification stages, to sustain his international integrity, only to get us to the finals and deliberately field a team that hadn't played in the formation he commanded them to, and then, after two draws and the real chance of going home early, he changes the team to one they know well and, lo and behold, they play well, are leading the game, commanding the pitch in every sense, and then... ffs.. he swaps out most charismatic player for our most uncharismatic player, and subs the only man who has socred for the only man who can't?

Or am I just being a pessimist?"

i agree with all that with the exception of the charismatic player, if indeed you were referring to rooney??

he played pants

he's playing pants

i would have had him off long before. i was sorely disappointed with the squandered chances, it's like he had butter on his boots the amount of times he lost the ball....except for the one unfortunate deflection onto the wood that is

Reply privately

over a year ago

Hey!

Rooney did us proud he was playing fabulous rite to the end!

Good old rooney i say.

All of u today did really really excellent,,,

and now bet they are all in a pub getting pissed up! lol

Reply privately

over a year ago

"HEROES" ??????

sory 11 guys kicking a silly ball around trying to get it in a goal ...definately are NOT heroes.

THe 303 soldiers that have died in Afganistan , and the 240+ who died in Falklands in 1982 ......now they ARE HEROES every one !!

Shure they did play well when it was a do or die situ , but HEROES ??.............NO.

and this is not sour grapes from a Scot !!.

Reply privately

over a year ago

""HEROES" ??????

sory 11 guys kicking a silly ball around trying to get it in a goal ...definately are NOT heroes.

THe 303 soldiers that have died in Afganistan , and the 240+ who died in Falklands in 1982 ......now they ARE HEROES every one !!

Shure they did play well when it was a do or die situ , but HEROES ??.............NO.

and this is not sour grapes from a Scot !!."

Heros are different things to different people. If you don't like the idea don't post on it. Pissing on someone else's pleasure isn't big or cleaver.

Reply privately

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

"Before this gets out of hand...........the OP is passionate about foortball and used a word he wanted to to describe them.....please don't turn this into anything else..as it just looks like you are all spoiling for a row."

I repeat

Before this gets out of hand...........the OP is passionate about foortball and used a word he wanted to to describe them.....please don't turn this into anything else..as it just looks like you are all spoiling for a row.

Reply privately

over a year ago

""HEROES" ??????

and this is not sour grapes from a Scot !!."

just out of curiosity, is anyone else in your life considered a hero? my dad's mine.

it's the person you look up to and admire.

Reply privately

over a year ago

""HEROES" ??????

Heros are different things to different people. If you don't like the idea don't post on it. Pissing on someone else's pleasure isn't big or cleaver. "

Yeah 2rite!!

Reply privately

over a year ago

.... and peace and love, remember it was a football match on christmas day between BRITAIN and Germany that stopped fighting during the war. xxxxxxxx

Reply privately

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

Ok I give up.....Notts I will start another thread for you.

Reply privately

over a year ago

""HEROES" ??????

Heros are different things to different people. If you don't like the idea don't post on it. Pissing on someone else's pleasure isn't big or cleaver.

Yeah 2rite!! "

If you see them as hero's then good on you. I would think many serving troops would think the same as you.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Hero is a word ussed all to selectively, as though it's mere mention should invoke people laying down their lives. It isn't. A Hero is someone who inspires, someone who when you feel that you are at your lowest ebb - lifts you, raises you up, places you in a place where you feel like you can take on the world. It may be transient and it may be brief, but for that one moment in time you feel indestructable. That's what a Hero does.

Our soldiers in Afghanistan are legends. All of them, alive or dead.

Reply privately

over a year ago

British people arguing the toss about a game with such vitriol: it's a funny ol' game!

Reply privately

over a year ago

""HEROES" ??????

just out of curiosity, is anyone else in your life considered a hero? my dad's mine.

it's the person you look up to and admire."

My father too was a hero to me .......

and the 240+ soldiers who gave the ultimate sacrifice in 1982 are hero's for 1 smle reason .... i lived on the Falklands , and my mother is buried there, they kept it British soil !

Yes heroes are those you admire and look up to , but don't think if qute fits footballers who play a game !

Reply privately

over a year ago

.... and peace and love, remember it was a football match on christmas day between BRITAIN and Germany that stopped fighting during the war. xxxxxxxx

p.s the last surviving member of that truce time footy game was a scot lol xxx

Reply privately