Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Vuvuzela

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Just been looking at a thread on another site about the vuvuzela (The trumpet that is popular at the World Cup)

It was said that the Vuvuzela ruined football .....

I said, "No, the England team ruined football"

But that aside, who's pissed off by the Vuvuzela ? Personally I don't give a fig cos I hate football, but for us to go into a foreign country, play shit football THEN complain about their vuvu .....

well that is beyond belief

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *ooseLipsWoman
over a year ago

Durham-ish

I had to knock the sound off the telly, what a bloody racket..

The England lads will be blaming the noice for the shit preformance

But didnt Mr Beckham look a bit tasty last nite

over a year ago

Well they've blamed the ball, blamed the altitude so they may as well blame the noise

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I love football,,,,,i love vuvuzela horns,,,,but which is better?

ONLY 1 WAY TO FIND OUT--

FIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Na! i love the horns its part of the atmosphere of the famous world cup every time is on.

they great i reckon.

without them the world cup would be nothing.

over a year ago

There was a traveling market kind of thing this week in Newcsastle, it was a food related thing, people from from all over the world were there seling their native foods, but Newcastle Council in their infinate wisdon decided to ban the stallholder who had drummers and Vuv players present because of 'complaints received'

Sad Newcastle Council ...

over a year ago

I hate football even tho I married a football nut

I have felt crappy all day so went back to bed - to maybe catch up on all the sleep I have missed by feeling crappy all week, didnt work but anyway all I can hear now is that annoying buzzing sound

Im not sure whats worse Steven shouting at the TV as if the ref can hear him or that buzzing sound

Shona

x x x

over a year ago

"I hate football even tho I married a football nut

I have felt crappy all day so went back to bed - to maybe catch up on all the sleep I have missed by feeling crappy all week, didnt work but anyway all I can hear now is that annoying buzzing sound

Im not sure whats worse Steven shouting at the TV as if the ref can hear him or that buzzing sound

Shona

x x x "

Well theres only 1 way to find out!! lol lol

over a year ago

FIGHT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ??

over a year ago

"I hate football even tho I married a football nut

Shona

x x x

Well theres only 1 way to find out!! lol lol "

Nope I have a set of headphones and music on my lappy, everyone is happy hubby gets his crappy football I get to listen to music as loud as I want

Ohh the other thing . . . I cant tell whats more annoying to a non fan the buzzy things or the horn in a tin thingys??

Shona

x x x

By *emmefataleWoman
over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

I totally love football, no i am in love with the beautiful game , i have been going since i was 12, it gives us every emotion we can think of ...

Vuvuzela? What an annoying , no fecking annoying noise, i would twat anyone who sat next to me using one of them , i have a headache after watching every match of this world cup

By *emmefataleWoman
over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

Thank god i dont have to listen to those bloody things anymore

By *ezebelWoman
over a year ago

North of The Wall - youll need your vest

"Thank god i dont have to listen to those bloody things anymore "

Said exactly the same thing as soon as the final whistle blew!!

over a year ago

I think i am going to miss the vuvuzela!

over a year ago

Apparently one football fan who went over for the world cup finals got locked up....He tried to blow a Zulu's Vulva!!!!

over a year ago

Disregarding the England performance (if you can call it that (and it does need disregarding)) the vuvuzelas utterly ruined the world cup for me.

I'd normally watch plenty of other games that England were not playing in, but the bloody incessant drone of those bastard horns made it all but impossible to "enjoy" a game.

over a year ago

I hate football and I'm just glad the bloody thing is over for another four years!

When I did glimpse some of the matches...hard to miss it was every where - it did sound like a swarm of very angry bees, and too much of it would have driven me insane.

That said...where do people get off going into another country and complaining about their cultural way of celebrating?!!

over a year ago

"............

That said...where do people get off going into another country and complaining about their cultural way of celebrating?!! "

Plenty come here and do it

By *abioMan
over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

I was going to be flippant and say that anything that drowned out the sound of the england marching band is absolutely fine with me!!!

they are right though.. who are we to get annoyed by others... in korea and japan it was "thundersticks" and they annoy me 10 times more than vuvuzela's...

over a year ago

"I was going to be flippant and say that anything that drowned out the sound of the england marching band is absolutely fine with me!!!

they are right though.. who are we to get annoyed by others... in korea and japan it was "thundersticks" and they annoy me 10 times more than vuvuzela's..."

Yeah now its all over ,,,u can buy um 4 £2.50 lol

By *ushroom7Man
over a year ago

Bradford

"I hate football and I'm just glad the bloody thing is over for another four years!

When I did glimpse some of the matches...hard to miss it was every where - it did sound like a swarm of very angry bees, and too much of it would have driven me insane.

That said...where do people get off going into another country and complaining about their cultural way of celebrating?!! "

It's been happening here for years , love.

over a year ago

I hate football but like the vuvuzela...so I had the sound on but no picture

By *ushroom7Man
over a year ago

Bradford

Is the World Cup over? Who won?

Weeks ago t wife asked if i'd got a horn for her and we've been too busy since.

regards

rip van der winkle

over a year ago

"

Is the World Cup over? Who won?

Weeks ago t wife asked if i'd got a horn for her and we've been too busy since.

regards

rip van der winkle"

Yeah its all over matey!!

SPAIN WON ON SUNDAY NITE WITH A 1-0 BEAT AFTER EXTRA TIME!

regards the Hoff! lol

Post new Message to Thread