Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Food for thought

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Today I read a magazine article about a young woman aged 23 who is terminally ill with leukaemia. She has undergone two bone marrow transplants and a liver transplant and her new liver is failing but her body could not endure another transplant even if a suitable donor was found.

As a teenager she hated her body and was anorexic, now she talks of how amazing and strong it is even tho as she says it is held together with stitches and staples.

She talks of her sister, mother and father with pride and love and about how important it is to celebrate and enjoy her 24th birthday and Christmas because she knows they will be her last.

More than most she has good reason to feel sorry for herself but instead she is working her way thro her bucket list, her biggest regret is that she didn't start sooner so that she can be sure of getting to the end.

For all our grumbles about life, work, finances, weather, body issues, timewasters, etc etc this amazing young woman puts it all into perspective.

Happy LIVING everyone x

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *iewMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Angus & Findhorn

My niece's friend died 2 weeks ago, aged 22 of ovarian cancer. Her graduation as a teacher was the day before, she didn't attend as she was too ill.

Very, very sad.

By *isscheekychopsWoman
over a year ago

The land of grey peas and bacon

"My niece's friend died 2 weeks ago, aged 22 of ovarian cancer. Her graduation as a teacher was the day before, she didn't attend as she was too ill.

Very, very sad."

Post new Message to Thread