Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

How long does it last??

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Due a phone upgrade next month. Thinking of coming away from iPhone and getting a S5 but how long do Samsungs generally last?? Are they robust? Not sure whether to get 24 month contract or pay a bit extra and get a 12 month 1??

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *isscheekychopsWoman
over a year ago

The land of grey peas and bacon

Mine started going Pete tong about 18 months old

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman
over a year ago

evesham

If it's sold on a 24 month contract it is.reasonable.to expect it to last the whole of the contract if it goes wrong before that then you have a claim under the sale of.goods act

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Don't know if all networks are the same but if my gets a fault while under contract they replace it

By *entaur_UKMan
over a year ago

Cannock

I've had my motorola razr flip phone around 8 years now, was still going strong until a couple of weeks ago it started playing up so now time for me to get an upgrade. Never had a smartphone so a bit clueless as to what to go for?

iphone and samsung seem too expensive so was looking at getting a motorola G or a nokia lumia, anyone got these and are they any good?

By *isscheekychopsWoman
over a year ago

The land of grey peas and bacon

"I've had my motorola razr flip phone around 8 years now, was still going strong until a couple of weeks ago it started playing up so now time for me to get an upgrade. Never had a smartphone so a bit clueless as to what to go for?

iphone and samsung seem too expensive so was looking at getting a motorola G or a nokia lumia, anyone got these and are they any good? "

It's about time

By *oxy_minxWoman
over a year ago

Scotland - Aberdeen

"I've had my motorola razr flip phone around 8 years now, was still going strong until a couple of weeks ago it started playing up so now time for me to get an upgrade. Never had a smartphone so a bit clueless as to what to go for?

iphone and samsung seem too expensive so was looking at getting a motorola G or a nokia lumia, anyone got these and are they any good? "

Really? A young whipper snapper like you is on an old bloody mobile? Even this oldie has a smart phone, free upgrade to HTC with EE and your sorted

over a year ago

"Due a phone upgrade next month. Thinking of coming away from iPhone and getting a S5 but how long do Samsungs generally last?? Are they robust? Not sure whether to get 24 month contract or pay a bit extra and get a 12 month 1??"

My Samsung survived a swim better than my iphone did . . . . If it helps

By *entaur_UKMan
over a year ago

Cannock

iphone and samsung seem too expensive so was looking at getting a motorola G or a nokia lumia, anyone got these and are they any good?

Really? A young whipper snapper like you is on an old bloody mobile? Even this oldie has a smart phone, free upgrade to HTC with EE and your sorted "

Yes i was on pay as you go on my old phone, was happy as long as it kept on working and i only use phone for calls and texts anyway. All this constant upgrading seems like some sort of fashion statement which i never seen the point of really?

Anyway the time has come, lol, so i'll be on the Fab smartphone app soon, lol.

over a year ago

The only problem with older Samsungs is the memory would corrupt but they are fine now. The reason I buy Samsungs is you can easily unlock the bootloader and flash a custom firmware.

T

over a year ago

if you are worried you fan get an Alcatel smartphone for £25 from Argos

over a year ago

I've got a lumia 720, does everything i need a phone to do, i like it a lot don't like windows phones though

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman
over a year ago

evesham

Sony Xperia z2 is what I am currently coveting. I have the T now but not due an upgrade until next year

By *ee VianteWoman
over a year ago

Somewhere in North Norfolk

My S2 lasted beyond the 24 months and is still going strong as a backup 'phone.

I haven't had my S4 long enough to comment on the longevity. I like it a lot though. Nothing on earth could convince me to swap it for an iphone.

over a year ago

Still have an iPhone 3GS and a 5 on the go, I have seen the 6 and it is awesome! Hang on until September if you can

Post new Message to Thread