Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Fake tan

Jump to newest

By *isscheekychops OP   Woman
over a year ago

The land of grey peas and bacon

It's a great product it can make you look sun kissed or like an umpa lumpa.....I really wish people would apply in front of mirror....less is more

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *iewMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Angus & Findhorn

and wash their hands......

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I fake baked my daughter's pasty legs for a hen party. It covers well and doesn't go orange. You can apply more layers to go darker but one application gives a healthy looking glow

over a year ago

"and wash their hands......"

Or wear the gloves supplied

over a year ago

"and wash their hands......"

Exfoliate too..that's why I don't wear it as I'm shit at applying it

over a year ago

"I fake baked my daughter's pasty legs for a hen party. It covers well and doesn't go orange. You can apply more layers to go darker but one application gives a healthy looking glow "

See I'd rather be pasty to be honest I'm not that fussed

over a year ago

"and wash their hands......

Exfoliate too..that's why I don't wear it as I'm shit at applying it "

get someone to do it for you

Hint

By *ENDAROOSCouple
over a year ago

South West London / Surrey

"It's a great product it can make you look sun kissed or like an umpa lumpa.....I really wish people would apply in front of mirror....less is more "

I am not a fan of fake tan at all.I'll stick to being lily white.

over a year ago

"I fake baked my daughter's pasty legs for a hen party. It covers well and doesn't go orange. You can apply more layers to go darker but one application gives a healthy looking glow

See I'd rather be pasty to be honest I'm not that fussed "

she has a red face and tanned arms. Her legs looked like they belonged to someone else

By *bony in IvoryCouple
over a year ago

Black&White Utopia

Oh some are propa awful ... Tango'd to the extream ... I am just pale n interesting, as me and the sun never mix well... Am naturally very fair & deff wouldn't bother with fake tan , the wrong colour looks nasty

over a year ago

"I fake baked my daughter's pasty legs for a hen party. It covers well and doesn't go orange. You can apply more layers to go darker but one application gives a healthy looking glow

she has a red face and tanned arms. Her legs looked like they belonged to someone else "

Reminds me of me then...my legs don't tan lol

over a year ago

Never tried it but I saw a girl last week with it just on her legs. It was all streaked and looked as if she's stood out in the rain. I had to bite my tongue so as not to laugh out loud. She had the tiniest hot pants on with brown streaky legs and white arms and face

over a year ago

she has a red face and tanned arms. Her legs looked like they belonged to someone else

Reminds me of me then...my legs don't tan lol "

lol neither do mine but that's because I keep them covered up

By *overs14Couple
over a year ago

norwich

I don't wear fake tan as I'm useless at applying it.

over a year ago

My sister puts hers on with a damp sponge. Looks ok actually

By *adybee77Woman
over a year ago

MAMOBA, miles and miles of bugger all (Aberdeenshire)

no fake tan here... I'd rather be pale and natural than look like i fell into a vat of fence paint!

I've had compliments from loads of people about my alabaster pale skin... or as I call it, my scottish suntan - pale blue/milk bottle white is such a good look for me

over a year ago

Reminds me of me then...my legs don't tan lol "

Nor mine happy to be an English Rose

By *ophieslutTV/TS
over a year ago

Central

I think the problem with most of it is that more is less for many of its users. Plus it is invisible when applied so they can apply in the mirror or in the dark and get the same results. Most of it comes in a few versions, some for darker tans, meant for dark natural skin tone, some for lighter skin. The greedy tanners go for the darkest shade possible and the embalming process begins. If the bottle says top up as required, users will require this several times a day. I have seen some gorgeous tans of late, I think all of them natural.

over a year ago

It stinks....I very rarely use it but when I do Im really careful about applying it

By *ophieslutTV/TS
over a year ago

Central

"Never tried it but I saw a girl last week with it just on her legs. It was all streaked and looked as if she's stood out in the rain. I had to bite my tongue so as not to laugh out loud. She had the tiniest hot pants on with brown streaky legs and white arms and face "
Maybe her legs were her test area and she never ventured north when she saw the results. Id have kept thick stockings or tights on though, or done some clown makeup, and made everyone laugh without them feeling guilty.

over a year ago

I don't use fake tan anymore but I used to. It does take a lot of practice and precision.

Its essential to exfoliate and moisturise. I used to ensure my knees, elbows and ankles were moisturised and id lightly skim the fake tan over those areas and then lightly rub off with a towel. Id never apply it without gloves, then id used the back of the gloves to go over my hands, always rubbing off the knuckles, around the nails etc.

I would only use two brands too, Fake Bake and St Tropez. These tans were showered off the day after application and were always natural looking and non streaky and did not have that awful cheap chemical smell after development.

Never use cheap fake tans

over a year ago

"no fake tan here... I'd rather be pale and natural than look like i fell into a vat of fence paint!

I've had compliments from loads of people about my alabaster pale skin... or as I call it, my scottish suntan - pale blue/milk bottle white is such a good look for me"

I'm milk bottle white. Never had compliments though.

By *bi HaiveMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Cheeseville, Somerset

See I'd rather be pasty to be honest I'm not that fussed "

Could be a temporary solution to the 'no hot water' problem though?

At least it would hide the dirt!

A

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

little house on the praire

I will stay pale and interesting

over a year ago

Could be a temporary solution to the 'no hot water' problem though?

At least it would hide the dirt!

A"

Don't I've just flooded the bathroom washing my hair in the sink lol

over a year ago

The paler the better for me

By *bony in IvoryCouple
over a year ago

Black&White Utopia

"The paler the better for me "

By *ighland_RoseCouple
over a year ago

Brigadoon

It's funny that people think a tan gives a healthy glow because it's actually a visible sign of skin damage.

over a year ago

"It's a great product it can make you look sun kissed or like an umpa lumpa.....I really wish people would apply in front of mirror....less is more "

Some people like to slap it on I have always thought it would be a good topic for a specsavers add.

over a year ago

I have never used it so im not sure how hard it is to apply but judging my the mess some people make with over dark, knees, elbos etc I'm assuming its quite hard to get the right balance, and why do people forget to do their feet

Post new Message to Thread