Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

10 months

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Been in fab for 10 months. Had some great meets and no so great meets

Enjoyed the banter in chat and the forums.

A few times today I have got to the stage of deleting but think should I or shouldn't i ?

If I hid the profile I know I will be back.

Why does it get addictive ???

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Has what you are looking for changed since you first came on here?

Is there any particular reason why you think you might delete your profile?

You could hide it and make a decision that you will not log on for a month and see how you feel about it then.

If you are finding it addictive then each time you get the urge to log on or it's a time you normally log on find something else to do like go for a walk or phone a friend for a natter.

Good luck with whatever you decide to do, it's addictive cos we all crave and enjoy the attention if we are honest with ourselves

over a year ago

What is wrong with it being addictive?

Just lay low if you're not wanting to meet and stick to chatting

By *inaTitzTV/TS
over a year ago

Titz Towers, North Notts

Because it is fun

over a year ago

Just hide your profile for a while. Stick to people you know and ignore the idiot ones. Or do like Wyrd always says- change your password to something you won't remember and log off. When you're ready to come back you can. (forgot password option, great idea WW.)

over a year ago

I'm going through one of those "should I delete" times right now. I've gone and returned so many times the door has often smacked me in the face on my way back in!! I guess it becomes a habit...and some good friends are always around but from time to time the fun gets sucked out of it for me. Habits can be broken though. One day it will be over....

By *iewMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Angus & Findhorn

most years that I have been on here, I have taken a break from a couple of weeks to a couple of months.

it recharges the batteries.

the threads become very samey and it a shame to the new posters to constantly slag them off, so a break is welcome then.

By *Ryan-Man
over a year ago

In Your Bush

"Just hide your profile for a while. Stick to people you know and ignore the idiot ones. Or do like Wyrd always says- change your password to something you won't remember and log off. When you're ready to come back you can. (forgot password option, great idea WW.)"

I change mine to ramyourstraponupmypertarse

It gives me the heebie jeebies to type it

over a year ago

I've been on and off a few times over the last few years. I think six months is the most I've managed at a time. I delete as I'd rather not have the temptation of logging on and getting p'doff/fed up/annoyed lol

Hiding profile works for some but you do what you think is best for you.

People tell me that I lose veris when I leave but is that really important?

over a year ago

Deleted mine last year. plus side is it deleted my name form all the shite i'd posted in here, so i could start again with a fresh sheet and as i wasn't verified i couldn't post here anyway.

minus side is i wasn't verified as all mine disappeared with the old profile so i had to do the whole photo verification thingy for the forum and to contact certain people but all the old 'met in person' veris from friends also went with the old profile and some people may be put off meeting if you don't have that.

Just hide, delete the fab bookmark/app/permanently open page- you can still read the forums while logged off but its less effort if you do decide to return and add some bolox to rubbish posted in the forums

over a year ago

I just hide my profile n pics when it becomes the norm.. Same old drivvel etc etc.

I usually come back after a short break as I enjoy chatting in the chatroom and on the forum!

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Hidden for now. Pics hidden.

Post new Message to Thread