Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

doomed i tell ya... doomed!!!

Jump to newest

By *abio OP   Man
over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

the old school dieases are coming back....

Ebola in west africa....

Bubonic plauge in china.....

I swear if someone comes back with smallpox or spanish flu... I'm locking up chez fabs and never coming out ever again.....

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I think everyone should be Concerned about the Ebola, They seemed to be a bit too casual about it at the beginning.

Gimp

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

I'm sure we're not that far away from smallpox returning. Flu is always mutating so there will be something.

By *inaTitzTV/TS
over a year ago

Titz Towers, North Notts

Pops in, makes comment on War of the Worlds, says something about antibiotics, fails to crowbar Brian Blessed into post, pops out to look at another thread.

over a year ago

TB cases went up in London and scarlet fever popped up a few times too

By *abio OP   Man
over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"Pops in, makes comment on War of the Worlds, says something about antibiotics, fails to crowbar Brian Blessed into post, pops out to look at another thread. "

shame was going to ask you about "end of the world" insurance cover.....

over a year ago

its fabitus I'm worried about

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

"TB cases went up in London and scarlet fever popped up a few times too "

The TB is going to get worse in London as the rough sleeper numbers go up.

The scarlet fever cases made me cross as that increase seems to have been down to parents ignoring the advice to keep their children at home.

By *inaTitzTV/TS
over a year ago

Titz Towers, North Notts

"Pops in, makes comment on War of the Worlds, says something about antibiotics, fails to crowbar Brian Blessed into post, pops out to look at another thread.

shame was going to ask you about "end of the world" insurance cover..... "

I've had a lot of trouble with some American Cults wanting their money back on this.

They weren't going to claim, then they watched Daytime telly and thought they were in purgatory, so are now trying to claim.

over a year ago

"I'm sure we're not that far away from smallpox returning. Flu is always mutating so there will be something."
agree

By *luezuluMan
over a year ago

Suffolk

"I'm sure we're not that far away from smallpox returning. Flu is always mutating so there will be something."
it don't help when you hear that phials of the smallpox bacteria were discovered in boxes in a cupboard in America.

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

"I'm sure we're not that far away from smallpox returning. Flu is always mutating so there will be something. it don't help when you hear that phials of the smallpox bacteria were discovered in boxes in a cupboard in America."

That's one if the reasons I am sure there will be an outbreak. There is no international, historical database showing where the "secure" smallpox samples are kept. As companies change, researchers die etc. the chances are that stray samples and tinkered with samples are out there ready for an accident.

over a year ago

"the old school dieases are coming back....

Ebola in west africa....

I swear if someone comes back with smallpox or spanish flu... I'm locking up chez fabs and never coming out ever again.....

"

They never went away. There's been loads of cases of both.

Spanish flu and smallpox (on their unmutated form) are treatable. What should really worry everyone is the chance of rabies becoming airbourne. If that happens the consequences will be globally catastrophic, a true zombie apocalypse.

By *isscheekychopsWoman
over a year ago

The land of grey peas and bacon

Oh joy

over a year ago

Ebola in west africa....

"

All man made by pharmaceutical companies.

By *lackCherryCouple
over a year ago

Bristol

Ebola in west africa....

All man made by pharmaceutical companies. "

Yes those pharmaceutical companies in the 1800s eh ?

over a year ago

Ebola in west africa....

All man made by pharmaceutical companies. "

Utter rubbish.

Smallpox, flu, Ebola and Yersinia Pestis have been around for as long as man has.

over a year ago

Ebola in west africa....

"

You dont think humans make disease and viruses?

over a year ago

Ebola in west africa....

You dont think humans make disease and viruses? "

Yes, of course we do, but your statement referred to the ones listed. Unless people had the ability to manufacture vast quantities of Y-Pestis in the 14th century I'd say you were massively ill informed....

over a year ago

I am talking about now. The reintroduction of it. I am not talking about hundreds of years ago. Take for instanve polio. That has pretty much vanished in todays world but pharmaceutical companies actually srill produce it so tgey can 'study it, understand it better and make better vaccinations'. But onve you have created a virus and the vaccination, you could easily release it with controls ans selk vaccination to government for billions. Makes sense.

over a year ago

Ebola in west africa....

Yes, of course we do, but your statement referred to the ones listed. Unless people had the ability to manufacture vast quantities of Y-Pestis in the 14th century I'd say you were massively ill informed...."

Yeah I think they have been reintroduced as man made forms there will be vacinations for it soon. And guess who will make huge amounts of money, pharmaceutical companies

over a year ago

"I am talking about now. The reintroduction of it. I am not talking about hundreds of years ago. Take for instanve polio. That has pretty much vanished in todays world but pharmaceutical companies actually srill produce it so tgey can 'study it, understand it better and make better vaccinations'. But onve you have created a virus and the vaccination, you could easily release it with controls ans selk vaccination to government for billions. Makes sense. "

True and plausible. Maybe explain yourself a bit better in future it stops smart arses like me jumping on you!

The biggest reason for the resurgence of these diseases is simply down to air travel and migration.

over a year ago

Ebola in west africa....

Yes, of course we do, but your statement referred to the ones listed. Unless people had the ability to manufacture vast quantities of Y-Pestis in the 14th century I'd say you were massively ill informed....

Yeah I think they have been reintroduced as man made forms there will be vacinations for it soon. And guess who will make huge amounts of money, pharmaceutical companies "

The problem is the best treatment for Y-Pestis is a drug that's already in massive circulation, mainly for treating acne and several STI's-Tetracycline/Doxycycline.

over a year ago

Ebola in west africa....

Yeah I think they have been reintroduced as man made forms there will be vacinations for it soon. And guess who will make huge amounts of money, pharmaceutical companies

The problem is the best treatment for Y-Pestis is a drug that's already in massive circulation, mainly for treating acne and several STI's-Tetracycline/Doxycycline."

Yeah but you either introduce it as new strain which needs new vaccination or you continue to sell a vaccination which would otherwise sell far less I mean, imagine how much these countries will pay for these vacinations now.

By *lackCherryCouple
over a year ago

Bristol

Ebola in west africa....

Yes, of course we do, but your statement referred to the ones listed. Unless people had the ability to manufacture vast quantities of Y-Pestis in the 14th century I'd say you were massively ill informed...."

Ill informed ? say it aint so it seemed like such a reasoned well thought argument

By *lackCherryCouple
over a year ago

Bristol

"I am talking about now. The reintroduction of it. I am not talking about hundreds of years ago. Take for instanve polio. That has pretty much vanished in todays world but pharmaceutical companies actually srill produce it so tgey can 'study it, understand it better and make better vaccinations'. But onve you have created a virus and the vaccination, you could easily release it with controls ans selk vaccination to government for billions. Makes sense. "

Quite often diseases can lead to cures for other conditions, with the research into gene therapy who knows what disease broken down into components might actually turn out to help man kind.

I'm not sure what you're suggesting abandoning research into these diseases ?

Yes its probable that pharama companies are doing it to make money (after all that is their purpose) but I don't think you understand the dire consequences for the companies involved if they let something out into the wild.

As for polio vanishing ?

20% of the world still has polio so its probably worth keeping it on file and doing research into it

http://www.theguardian.com/society/2014/mar/28/india-10-other-asian-countries-declared-polio-free

By *isscheekychopsWoman
over a year ago

The land of grey peas and bacon

Wasn't there something about the vaccine for measles also works with HIV or something I maybe wrong

over a year ago

"Wasn't there something about the vaccine for measles also works with HIV or something I maybe wrong "

Dont even get me started on hiv. Deffo man made. Just coincidence that it started in gay community? Pfft it was put into the gay community

By *lackCherryCouple
over a year ago

Bristol

"Wasn't there something about the vaccine for measles also works with HIV or something I maybe wrong "

There has been some headway made using measles based therapy for Cancer.

over a year ago

I'm just sitting back waiting for captain trips to strike.

By *londeCazWoman
over a year ago

Arse End of the Universe, Cumbria

"I'm just sitting back waiting for captain trips to strike."

The Stand was my initial thought reading this thread

By *bony in IvoryCouple
over a year ago

Black&White Utopia

"Wasn't there something about the vaccine for measles also works with HIV or something I maybe wrong

Dont even get me started on hiv. Deffo man made. Just coincidence that it started in gay community? Pfft it was put into the gay community "

no actually it didn't start in gay communities! You need research sum more!

Post new Message to Thread