Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Why the World Cup is so Great

Jump to newest

By *he_original_polo OP   Woman
over a year ago

a Primark shoebox in Leicester

A reflection on Saturday

Early afternoon I picked up one of the lads and we went to the supermarket to get some things for the BBQ we were going to. In the supermarket carpark there were flags on cars and judging by the content of the trolleys heading back to them, a few other folk were planning to enjoy England’s first World Cup match with their friends too. As we walked into the store, past the flags and posters, I spotted an Asian family… all the kids and dad were kitted out in England attire. In fact we saw lots of people in England shirts/t-shirts, people of different races, young and old, boys and girls, men and women.

At the house we went to the gardens were quite large with high fences either side and rows of trees at the bottom so you couldn’t see the houses which backed onto them from the adjacent street - lovely private gardens. We could just hear other people having BBQ’s and I am not sure how it started but… it wasn’t long before we were singing songs with people in other gardens, one garden starting a chant and another garden finishing it, mini-air-horn blasts (that was us) “parp-parp-parp-parp-parp” responded to by children shouting “England”… we couldn’t see any of these people but there was a real sense of unity.

Whilst not everyone in this green and pleasant land was behind our boys on Saturday, for a few hours there were enough to bring about a real feeling of a nation coming together…. we were all sharing something and enjoying the moment.

Can’t be a bad thing can it?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I walked to the pub just before the start of the 2nd half and on what is normally a very busy thoroughfare, no a single car passed me in either direction for the 10 minute walk to the pub. Not one car! ... (I did see quite a few groups of girls leaving their houses in taxis and I thought, "Hmmm, today would be a good day to be a bloke in town on the pull!")

over a year ago

Why is football on or summat?????

over a year ago

"Why is football on or summat????? "

Shurrup you. tart.

over a year ago

It unites people or it should that's what sporting events are partially about.

over a year ago

it's so great because it is big....and shiny

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

Nope, not a bad thing at all Polo

Forum Mod

over a year ago

We're getting HD fitted this week after Rob begging for ages

I hope it does a better job than it did on last weeks game

By *hattyman80Man
over a year ago

stockport

"We're getting HD fitted this week after Rob begging for ages

I hope it does a better job than it did on last weeks game "

HD makes the world a better place to live....lol

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

The bloody thing went to the adverts they put on about cars, then came back as they were celebrating Gerrards goal so we missed it lol

over a year ago

See…. the World Cup is good for the economy too! The house we were at had bought a new telly that morning and the supermarket was buzzing with people buying just for the match.

By *hattyman80Man
over a year ago

stockport

yeah i had the same problem in the pub i was in however i was d*unk so convinced myself it was my fault i missed it lol

Forum Mod

over a year ago

The bloody thing went to the adverts they put on about cars, then came back as they were celebrating Gerrards goal so we missed it lol"

I don't think hes taking any chances this friday and is going to the pub instead to watch it

Forum Mod

over a year ago

See…. the World Cup is good for the economy too! The house we were at had bought a new telly that morning and the supermarket was buzzing with people buying just for the match."

Yep we have a new TV too

By *prite128Woman
over a year ago

maidstone

so he can miss he goals we score ? lol

By *hattyman80Man
over a year ago

stockport

so he can miss he goals we score ? lol "

well women i have to say i'm surprised the guys can pay atention to the football with you around

over a year ago

well women i have to say i'm surprised the guys can pay atention to the football with you around "

huh?.. football or sex?... fuck the sex! Can get that anytime!!

By *hattyman80Man
over a year ago

stockport

lol...well obviously i try to incorporate the football in the background while i'm having sex lol. I've even had sex in the womens toilets at old trafford during the Man united V Stoke game last season lol

Forum Mod

over a year ago

well women i have to say i'm surprised the guys can pay atention to the football with you around

huh?.. football or sex?... fuck the sex! Can get that anytime!! "

Thats what Rob says

Luckily I have a gorgeous playmate that thinks that footie comes second to having some fun

Forum Mod

over a year ago

"lol...well obviously i try to incorporate the football in the background while i'm having sex lol. I've even had sex in the womens toilets at old trafford during the Man united V Stoke game last season lol "

At least it was'nt the mens toilets,that shows a total lack of class

over a year ago

"lol...well obviously i try to incorporate the football in the background while i'm having sex lol. I've even had sex in the womens toilets at old trafford during the Man united V Stoke game last season lol

At least it was'nt the mens toilets,that shows a total lack of class "

He didn't say it was 'with' a woman though

By *hattyman80Man
over a year ago

stockport

"lol...well obviously i try to incorporate the football in the background while i'm having sex lol. I've even had sex in the womens toilets at old trafford during the Man united V Stoke game last season lol

He didn't say it was 'with' a woman though "

Lol it was with a woman... and it was an experience that won't be repeated as i missed the majority of the 2nd half lol

over a year ago

Lol it was with a woman... and it was an experience that won't be repeated as i missed the majority of the 2nd half lol "

One phrase comes to mind..... 'more fool you'

By *hattyman80Man
over a year ago

stockport

won't make the mistake again lol. But i have to admit it was fun and very exhilirating

over a year ago

Lol it was with a woman... and it was an experience that won't be repeated as i missed the majority of the 2nd half lol "

Nevermind, we won 2-0 anyway lol.

By *hattyman80Man
over a year ago

stockport

Lol it was with a woman... and it was an experience that won't be repeated as i missed the majority of the 2nd half lol

Nevermind, we won 2-0 anyway lol. "

I couldn't have lived with myself if we had lost haha

over a year ago

Nevermind, we won 2-0 anyway lol.

I couldn't have lived with myself if we had lost haha"

She obviously didn't mind being 'stoked' did she lol

By *hattyman80Man
over a year ago

stockport

A stoking she won't forget in a hurry thats for sure. Totally random woman who i chatted to before the game and sat next to during the first time and half time and by 2nd half we were at it....none was as surprised as me

over a year ago

"lol...well obviously i try to incorporate the football in the background while i'm having sex lol. I've even had sex in the womens toilets at old trafford during the Man united V Stoke game last season lol "

thats got to be better than watching stoke city play,mind you anything is.

By *hattyman80Man
over a year ago

stockport

it must have been the bad football from stoke that made her want to come to the toilets with me lol

over a year ago

"A stoking she won't forget in a hurry thats for sure. Totally random woman who i chatted to before the game and sat next to during the first time and half time and by 2nd half we were at it....none was as surprised as me "

you a glory hunter?

over a year ago

"it must have been the bad football from stoke that made her want to come to the toilets with me lol "

As she was a total stranger to you... who broached the subject of going for a fuck? Her or you? I'm curious lol

By *hattyman80Man
over a year ago

stockport

"A stoking she won't forget in a hurry thats for sure. Totally random woman who i chatted to before the game and sat next to during the first time and half time and by 2nd half we were at it....none was as surprised as me

you a glory hunter? "

I'm from Salford originally i moved to birmingham 9 years ago I'm still a season ticket holder

By *hattyman80Man
over a year ago

stockport

"it must have been the bad football from stoke that made her want to come to the toilets with me lol

As she was a total stranger to you... who broached the subject of going for a fuck? Her or you? I'm curious lol "

I broached the subject of having sex after the game as we had a few kisses during the first half but she suggested the toilets

over a year ago

"it must have been the bad football from stoke that made her want to come to the toilets with me lol

As she was a total stranger to you... who broached the subject of going for a fuck? Her or you? I'm curious lol

I broached the subject of having sex after the game as we had a few kisses during the first half but she suggested the toilets "

and did you see her again?

By *hattyman80Man
over a year ago

stockport

I broached the subject of having sex after the game as we had a few kisses during the first half but she suggested the toilets

and did you see her again? "

No i gave her my number but she never got in touch. I wish she did but hey ho i guess that's how it goes sometimes

Post new Message to Thread