Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Smoker or non smoker ?

Jump to newest

By *agicman2010 OP   Man
over a year ago

nottingham

After a conversation today with some work mates regarding the subject of smoking the question arose "if smokers smoke cigs are people who use "e cigs" still regarded as "smokers" ?.

Would like peoples feedback here as I "sitting on the fence" with this question.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

id say no - if thats all they use

By *yrdwomanWoman
over a year ago

Putting the 'cum' in Eboracum

We're vapers

By *luezuluMan
over a year ago

Suffolk

I'd say no, but they used to be, and if they are on e cigs

GOOD LUCK to them

over a year ago

If you're addicted to nicotine I'd say you're a smoker

By *agicman2010 OP   Man
over a year ago

nottingham

Vapers yes. But some still say we are smokers. It wasnt until today I was in "close quarters" with a smoker, 20 a day person and realised just how off putting the smell of a smoker really can be for a non smoker. Do us "vapors" give of that arfull smell to non smokers too I wonder ?. Been on me e cig now for 7 weeks and not even thought about buying a packet of fags.

over a year ago

I would say you are still a smoker

over a year ago

I vape and I consider myself still a smoker.

over a year ago

would it depend if your vape has nicotine or not?

By *yrdwomanWoman
over a year ago

"Vapers yes. But some still say we are smokers. It wasnt until today I was in "close quarters" with a smoker, 20 a day person and realised just how off putting the smell of a smoker really can be for a non smoker. Do us "vapors" give of that arfull smell to non smokers too I wonder ?. Been on me e cig now for 7 weeks and not even thought about buying a packet of fags. "

WE don't smell. A particularly sensitive nosed non-smoker might notice something but compared to fag smells we're very fragrant.

By *agicman2010 OP   Man
over a year ago

nottingham

Wonder if we varors still smell like smokers when kissing a non smoker ?

Any ladies who would be willing to take part in my servey please apply lol

over a year ago

What about someone who uses patches or gum for the nicotine?

Or if its just nicotine that defines a smoker how about someone who eats vegetables? Some also contain nicotine.

By *yrdwomanWoman
over a year ago

"What about someone who uses patches or gum for the nicotine?

Or if its just nicotine that defines a smoker how about someone who eats vegetables? Some also contain nicotine. "

Its smoking that defines a smoker. As the liquid in e-cigs is water mixed with flavourings and nicotine we're not really smoking. Just steaming slightly.

over a year ago

There is no smoke from an ecig, so how the hell can you still be a smoker? And the nicotine suggestion is ridiculous - is someone who chews nicotine gum a smoker by that definition? Or someone who wears nicotine patches? It was always the tar in fags that smelled, and made things that attractive yellow, not the nicotine.

over a year ago

"is someone who chews nicotine gum a smoker by that definition? "

Yes. Addicted to nicotine = smoker

By *yrdwomanWoman
over a year ago

"is someone who chews nicotine gum a smoker by that definition?

Yes. Addicted to nicotine = smoker"

No, addicted to nicotine = nicotine addict. Smoking is an action, its the ingredients that are what we are/were addicted to.

over a year ago

You say tomaytoes, I say tomartoes.

If you're addicted to nicotine, you're a smoker. Call it whatever you like, you're still a smoker.

By *yrdwomanWoman
over a year ago

"You say tomaytoes, I say tomartoes.

If you're addicted to nicotine, you're a smoker. Call it whatever you like, you're still a smoker."

Even if you don't smoke?

over a year ago

You do know that smoke's the stuff what happens when you burn things, don't you?

By *risky_MareWoman
over a year ago

...Up on the Downs

No, just a nicotine addict!! You can be a non-smoking nicotine addict now, but I would say you are on a knife edge until you are off nicotine.

My friend vapes after giving up cigarettes about six months ago, but there is no trace of smell or taste.

over a year ago

Call yourself a vapourer, a chewyer, a sticky plasterer, a whateverer. Until you break the addiction, you're also a smoker.

over a year ago

If you're addicted to nicotine, you're a smoker. Call it whatever you like, you're still a smoker."

Good choice of words there, Tomatoes and Potatoes are both high in nicotine, so you can by your definition be a smoker having never come across tobacco.

By *yrdwomanWoman
over a year ago

If you're addicted to nicotine, you're a smoker. Call it whatever you like, you're still a smoker.

Good choice of words there, Tomatoes and Potatoes are both high in nicotine, so you can by your definition be a smoker having never come across tobacco.

"

And if you're Homer Simpson you can grow tomaccos and kill two birds with oen stone!

over a year ago

Yeah if you say so.

We all know what we're talking about, if you choose to pretend you're not a smoker by using substitutes you're only kidding yourself.

A non smoker that uses a vapour thing on a night out is a non smoker.

A smoker that uses one (or anything else) because they nee a nicotine fix is still a smoker.

By *agicman2010 OP   Man
over a year ago

nottingham

Wonder how many "non smokers" posted here lol.

over a year ago

"Call yourself a vapourer, a chewyer, a sticky plasterer, a whateverer. Until you break the addiction, you're also a smoker."

Say no to drugs, As an ex Plasterer i know about these things, Putting that first bonding coat on a ceiling is the slippery slope to Hell

Gimp

over a year ago

"Say no to drugs, As an ex Plasterer i know about these things, Putting that first bonding coat on a ceiling is the slippery slope to Hell

Gimp"

typical plasterer, first coat and its already a slope

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 23/07/14 23:46:10]

over a year ago

"Yeah if you say so.

We all know what we're talking about, if you choose to pretend you're not a smoker by using substitutes you're only kidding yourself.

A smoker that uses one (or anything else) because they nee a nicotine fix is still a smoker."

So on that basis, a vegetarian who eats quorn for a vital source of protein is as a result still a meat eater? No, they are vegetarian.

over a year ago

"Say no to drugs, As an ex Plasterer i know about these things, Putting that first bonding coat on a ceiling is the slippery slope to Hell

Gimp

typical plasterer, first coat and its already a slope "

BIIIIITCH

By *xpresMan
over a year ago

Elland

Them Ecigs will cause a shitstorm soon when the chemicals they inhale show the true colours

over a year ago

"Them Ecigs will cause a shitstorm soon when the chemicals they inhale show the true colours "

Not e cigs because they are nicotine but them vape things will certainly raise a few eyebrows when they are finally regulated

Gimp

By *agicman2010 OP   Man
over a year ago

nottingham

I remember one bringing the M6 to a stand still a few years back. Someone onboard a mega bus seen pouring liquid into his vape, fellow passenger thought he was was a terroist preparing a bomb.

over a year ago

"Them Ecigs will cause a shitstorm soon when the chemicals they inhale show the true colours "

Probably, but it's still going to be one of the least harmful activities in the average day.

over a year ago

"I remember one bringing the M6 to a stand still a few years back. Someone onboard a mega bus seen pouring liquid into his vape, fellow passenger thought he was was a terroist preparing a bomb. "

that would have been funny if it wasn't so stupid.

By *xpresMan
over a year ago

Elland

"Them Ecigs will cause a shitstorm soon when the chemicals they inhale show the true colours

Not e cigs because they are nicotine but them vape things will certainly raise a few eyebrows when they are finally regulated

Gimp"

if a "vape" is one of them mini light saber looking things that's what i meant.. Dint know they were different categories

over a year ago

"Wonder how many "non smokers" posted here lol."

Im an ex smoker.....even worse!

By *asmanian TigerMan
over a year ago

lala land

"After a conversation today with some work mates regarding the subject of smoking the question arose "if smokers smoke cigs are people who use "e cigs" still regarded as "smokers" ?.

Would like peoples feedback here as I "sitting on the fence" with this question."

i don't think so e cigs helped me give up smoking for over year and half now and i am proud of achieving it! I still use it now, when I need it.

By *asmanian TigerMan
over a year ago

lala land

Yes. Addicted to nicotine = smoker

No, addicted to nicotine = nicotine addict. Smoking is an action, its the ingredients that are what we are/were addicted to."

It is the habit we are addicted to.

By *ophieslutTV/TS
over a year ago

Central

I do not see them as smokers. A smoker to me is someone who burns something to inhale, typicably tobacco. Vaping is not smoking.

By *ust RachelTV/TS
over a year ago

Horsham

In work the vapour inhalers/e-cigs are still treated like a normal cigarette, so where you can use them is still regarded the same as smoking a real ciagerette.

over a year ago

If you use a vape/e-cig I would say you are still a smoker, as from speaking to a few people that use the e-cigs they are a substitute for smoking cigarettes.

By *ee VianteWoman
over a year ago

Somewhere in North Norfolk

I would prefer to know they vape when discussing a meet but I might meet a vaper whereas I won't meet smokers.

It doesn't matter to me whether a vaper classes themselves as a smoker or non-smoker on here as long as it's clarified in their profile or they tell me up front.

over a year ago

"Yeah if you say so.

A smoker that uses one (or anything else) because they nee a nicotine fix is still a smoker.

So on that basis, a vegetarian who eats quorn for a vital source of protein is as a result still a meat eater? No, they are vegetarian. "

Nicotine is not vital.

We can dance around semantics all day long. The bottom line is that until you are no longer addicted to nicotine, you are a smoker.

By *ee VianteWoman
over a year ago

Smoking by definition requires there be smoke. That's hardly semantics.

Someone who chews tobacco or uses patches or gum is not a smoker.

I wouldn't want to meet anyone who chewed tobacco or nicotine gum though.

over a year ago

Id say yes still a smoker..

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

little house on the praire

Most people who won't meet smokers won't meet them because of the smell. With vapers there is no smell and you wouldn't know if someone used one or not unless they did in front of you. I changed my profile to no smoker

over a year ago

You might wanna read up a little on the word semantics. Yes if you want to be a pedantic fucktard you can argue till the cows come home if a smoker has to physically smoke a cigarette to be called a 'smoker'. That seems a pointless, petty argument. My opinion is that while you are addicted to nicotine, you are a smoker by the widely understood terminology that a smoker is a person addicted to cigarettes.

If you want to argue that Guy Fawkes was a non smoking smoker, then fill ya boots.

By *risky_MareWoman
over a year ago

...Up on the Downs

"You might wanna read up a little on the word semantics. Yes if you want to be a pedantic fucktard you can argue till the cows come home if a smoker has to physically smoke a cigarette to be called a 'smoker'. That seems a pointless, petty argument. My opinion is that while you are addicted to nicotine, you are a smoker by the widely understood terminology that a smoker is a person addicted to cigarettes.

If you want to argue that Guy Fawkes was a non smoking smoker, then fill ya boots."

Hey play nice now! To be pedantic they still have the nicotine addiction caused by smoking and are in imminent danger therefore of relapse until they are off it completely for more than six weeks, I agree with you there, but for the purposes of meeting non-smokers for sex - they are also non-smelling non-smokers!

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

"You might wanna read up a little on the word semantics. Yes if you want to be a pedantic fucktard you can argue till the cows come home if a smoker has to physically smoke a cigarette to be called a 'smoker'. That seems a pointless, petty argument. My opinion is that while you are addicted to nicotine, you are a smoker by the widely understood terminology that a smoker is a person addicted to cigarettes.

If you want to argue that Guy Fawkes was a non smoking smoker, then fill ya boots.

Hey play nice now! To be pedantic they still have the nicotine addiction caused by smoking and are in imminent danger therefore of relapse until they are off it completely for more than six weeks, I agree with you there, but for the purposes of meeting non-smokers for sex - they are also non-smelling non-smokers!"

why is everyone assuming those that use vapers are still addicted to nicotine? Many of the refile are nicotine free its the habit of putting things in your mouth they can't break

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

I should of put that some can't break

over a year ago

I did say earlier if you are a non smoker using one then you're still a non smoker. Therefore if you are an ex smoker using a non nicotine one you'd still be an ex smoker - same I guess if you're an ex smoker that has a cigar on new years eve. Point is that if you're still addicted, you're still a smoker - a point I think most are intelligent enough to understand my meaning of, but it's more fun to pick a fight.

By *ee VianteWoman
over a year ago

"I did say earlier if you are a non smoker using one then you're still a non smoker. Therefore if you are an ex smoker using a non nicotine one you'd still be an ex smoker - same I guess if you're an ex smoker that has a cigar on new years eve. Point is that if you're still addicted, you're still a smoker - a point I think most are intelligent enough to understand my meaning of, but it's more fun to pick a fight."

Picking a fight? It's you throwing words like "fucktard" about.

I think your assertion that having a nicotine addiction means you are a smoker, even if you chew tobacco and have never smoked a cigarette is ridiculously stupid. I've no desire to fight about it because you won't convince me otherwise.

Perhaps you'd say a caffeine addict is a coffee drinker too, even if they only drink tea or cola.

There are other sources of nicotine than cigarettes.

Smoking cigarettes is what makes one a smoker. Not chewing tobacco or gum, not drinking coffee and not dancing around Stonehenge at sunrise.

I'm sure some "fucktards" disagree though.

By *ce WingerMan
over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

I have smoker on my profile, but can happily go all day without a roll up. I don't know why I don't just quit really

over a year ago

My exact words were 'if you want to be a pedantic fucktard' and erm well

By *yrdwomanWoman
over a year ago

"My exact words were 'if you want to be a pedantic fucktard' and erm well "

Its not being pedantic or a fucktard to disagree with someone.

over a year ago

Surely by its absolute definition a smoker is someone who inhaled smoke or some kind of vapour.

Saying someone who chews nicotine gum is a smoker is like saying my mother is a Formula 1 racing driver because she drives a car (badly).

Chewing nicotine gum, wearing a patch, or chewing tobacco is a nicotine habit most certainly not smoking.

Arguing and calling people names is utterly laughable because you're the one who's wrong!

over a year ago

Its not at all people can have their own views they don't have to agree with you.

over a year ago

According to many dictionaries and medical journals- smoking is by defintion the inhalation of smoke. Therefore, if you no longer smoke and use nicotine patches (for example) you are a, according to our National Health Service, a none smoker.

Regards,

Sarah 'the pedantic fucktard'

By *iss_Samantha_LovecockTV/TS
over a year ago

bmth /poole sometimes blandford

no theyre sad wankers

By *ee VianteWoman
over a year ago

How is that not "throwing words like fucktard" around then?

But it's the people disagreeing with you (without words like "fucktard") that are trying to cause a fight. Riiiiiight.

By *ee VianteWoman
over a year ago

"no theyre sad wankers "

It's a veritable cornucopia of sunny personalities and smiles in here today.

Sheesh

over a year ago

Pedantic: Excessively concerned with minor details or rules; overscrupulous

Pedantic Fucktard: Excessively concerned with absolute definitions despite knowing what is really being said but ignoring such in the hope of demonstrating size of forum testicles

Smoker: Smelly person that smokes fish

I don't think the oiginal question was posted out of interest in dictionary definitions of smoking, but rather to determine whether or not people would consider somebody using fake cigarettes as a smoker.

To which my answer - again - is that for so long as somebody remains addicted to nicotine, yes I would consider them a smoker.

over a year ago

"According to many dictionaries and medical journals- smoking is by defintion the inhalation of smoke. Therefore, if you no longer smoke and use nicotine patches (for example) you are a, according to our National Health Service, a none smoker.

Regards,

Sarah 'the pedantic fucktard' "

How is that 'according to our National Health Service'? I think you may get a slightly different response from a GP than your 'many dictionaries and journals'.

over a year ago

"Pedantic: Excessively concerned with minor details or rules; overscrupulous

Pedantic Fucktard: Excessively concerned with absolute definitions despite knowing what is really being said but ignoring such in the hope of demonstrating size of forum testicles

I don't think the oiginal question was posted out of interest in dictionary definitions of smoking, but rather to determine whether or not people would consider somebody using fake cigarettes as a smoker.

To which my answer - again - is that for so long as somebody remains addicted to nicotine, yes I would consider them a smoker."

If they inhale the vapour from an e-cig or vaporizer then yes, they're still a smoker....correct, even if it doesn't contain nicotine (and they do it regularly).

You other statements regarding gum, patches or any other nicotine replacement therapy is both ludicrous and wildly inaccurate.

Your overly aggressive attitude is borderline offensive.

over a year ago

I have an e-cig and I've struggled with giving up here and there. trying again soon, but policies dictate that e-cig users are still treated as smokers.

My bro thought they were an improvement but he still didnt want me using one near him, grouchy twat.

over a year ago

Some people that vape also still have a cigarette, so we'd say yes, still smokers.

over a year ago

Which is the part you found to be 'overly aggressive'?

I've yet to find a smoker that considers themselves an ex smoker until they have broken the habit. Hence the 'ludicrous' parts.

over a year ago

"Some people that vape also still have a cigarette, so we'd say yes, still smokers."

Yes and for many if they couldn't access the alternative they would 'have' to smoke - hence still a smoker.

By *ee VianteWoman
over a year ago

To which my answer - again - is that for so long as somebody remains addicted to nicotine, yes I would consider them a smoker."

Do you have a definition there for troll?

Trip trap, trip trap...

over a year ago

To which my answer - again - is that for so long as somebody remains addicted to nicotine, yes I would consider them a smoker.

Do you have a definition there for troll?

Trip trap, trip trap..."

Big ugly monster that likes a bridge?

over a year ago

Yes, I would still class them as smokers and they are still smoking tobacco, only in a different way. I'm very very glad I gave up.

By *ee VianteWoman
over a year ago

"Yes, I would still class them as smokers and they are still smoking tobacco, only in a different way. I'm very very glad I gave up."

E-cigs don't contain tobacco at all

By *offeeandcremeCouple
over a year ago

MORAY

For us personally....if we saw someone on an e-cig prior to a meet we would cancel. Also there is a certain smoking associated smell. Just our preference. ALSO how stupid are people who pretend to be non-smokers. We have stopped 3 meets now, after meeting...and they have the cheek to get arsey.

over a year ago

"Yes, I would still class them as smokers and they are still smoking tobacco, only in a different way. I'm very very glad I gave up."

They contain nicotine not tobacco

over a year ago

"I did say earlier if you are a non smoker using one then you're still a non smoker. Therefore if you are an ex smoker using a non nicotine one you'd still be an ex smoker - same I guess if you're an ex smoker that has a cigar on new years eve. Point is that if you're still addicted, you're still a smoker - a point I think most are intelligent enough to understand my meaning of, but it's more fun to pick a fight.

Picking a fight? It's you throwing words like "fucktard" about.

I think your assertion that having a nicotine addiction means you are a smoker, even if you chew tobacco and have never smoked a cigarette is ridiculously stupid. I've no desire to fight about it because you won't convince me otherwise.

Perhaps you'd say a caffeine addict is a coffee drinker too, even if they only drink tea or cola.

There are other sources of nicotine than cigarettes.

Smoking cigarettes is what makes one a smoker. Not chewing tobacco or gum, not drinking coffee and not dancing around Stonehenge at sunrise.

I'm sure some "fucktards" disagree though."

By *icked weaselCouple
over a year ago

Near Edinburgh..

All the best Parties end up in the Kitchens or the gardens of a Smokers House..

over a year ago

"If you're addicted to nicotine I'd say you're a smoker"

My e juice is nicotine free. as make my own juice. and dont add nicotine for reasons i wanted to stop smoking. aint had a cig for over a year but god costs just as much. on other things like my tanks battery mods.

over a year ago

"Call yourself a vapourer, a chewyer, a sticky plasterer, a whateverer. Until you break the addiction, you're also a smoker."
and you sir are an idiot,

over a year ago

"Call yourself a vapourer, a chewyer, a sticky plasterer, a whateverer. Until you break the addiction, you're also a smoker. and you sir are an idiot,"

Try reading all the posts, and try to be more imaginative, though I appreciate that will be hard.

over a year ago

"If you're addicted to nicotine I'd say you're a smoker

My e juice is nicotine free. as make my own juice. and dont add nicotine for reasons i wanted to stop smoking. aint had a cig for over a year but god costs just as much. on other things like my tanks battery mods. "

This is where it's more complex. As I said previously until you break the addiction I think you're a smoker, but there must be both addicts and non-addicts using vaporisers so regardless of what people think you can't tell anyway.

Out of interest why do you keep on using them? I tried one years ago but didn't like it but that was when they were a new thing.

By *eMontresMan
over a year ago

Halesowen

It's not really up for debate - if you inhale smoke, you're a smoker, by definition

Vapers don't, so they aren't, by definition.

Opinions are cheap, everyone has loads, and they're all trying to give you theirs.

over a year ago

"After a conversation today with some work mates regarding the subject of smoking the question arose "if smokers smoke cigs are people who use "e cigs" still regarded as "smokers" ?.

Would like peoples feedback here as I "sitting on the fence" with this question."

It depends what they smell of and when they feel the need to puff. Maybe is like being bi you are neither one or the other.

over a year ago

"It's not really up for debate - if you inhale smoke, you're a smoker, by definition

Vapers don't, so they aren't, by definition.

Opinions are cheap, everyone has loads, and they're all trying to give you theirs."

That might be because the OP explicitly requested feedback, just a thought!

But now that you've decreed it's no longer up for debate those with an alternative opinion can all pipe down.

By *eMontresMan
over a year ago

Halesowen

My point is, that the definition of a word is not a matter of opinion

over a year ago

"My point is, that the definition of a word is not a matter of opinion"

He never asked for the definition of the word. Opinions on words are debated constantly, it's why we have more than one dictionary.

over a year ago

Well agreed technically your not smoking but did you know that cum and spunks taste is affected by the bitter taste of nicotine. Your body concentrates it into a rather foul tasting broth so if you were to ask me, I'd say, well it's good your clothes and skin don't stink any more but don't expect me to clean up afterwards if you vape LOL.

over a year ago

But nicotine is an colourless, odourless, tasteless liquid?

over a year ago

Wow!

I feel like such a hypocrite after reading back through this thread. I exclusively vape now and haven't touched a cigarette since December and consider myself as a non-smoker.

over a year ago

"But nicotine is an colourless, odourless, tasteless liquid?"

Try sub ohm vaping a high strength e-liquid and then telling someone it's tasteless.

over a year ago

"I would say you are still a smoker "
bollox we are the vapours and we are Japanese

Post new Message to Thread