damn

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

School holidays messing up my meets lol .... Anyone know a good babysitter lol

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Lol if u sit mine al sit urs everyother weekend do?

I got same problem

over a year ago

Terrible for the kids to have a break.

over a year ago

How about spending quality time with your kids? Just a thought....a lot of mothers who work full time would gladly swap with you, I'm sure.

over a year ago

"How about spending quality time with your kids? Just a thought....a lot of mothers who work full time would gladly swap with you, I'm sure."

over a year ago

"How about spending quality time with your kids? Just a thought....a lot of mothers who work full time would gladly swap with you, I'm sure."

Well this just got interesting . . . .

By *hole Lotta RosieWoman
over a year ago

Deviant City

I love school holidays, always have. Would far sooner have time with my mini me than meets, but that's just me, we're all different.

Have fun

over a year ago

I don't have kids but if I did I'd like to think that I'd value the time with them during holidays rather than resent them for preventing me getting laid

over a year ago

woahhhh folks,, i think the OP was just saying this in jest.. hense the 'lol's used

Who doesnt every now and then just wish they could have some free time from children once in a while

over a year ago

"woahhhh folks,, i think the OP was just saying this in jest.. hense the 'lol's used

Who doesnt every now and then just wish they could have some free time from children once in a while "

The way it was said sounds like she has lots of free time when kids are at school but when they are off,it restricts her meets.

over a year ago

"woahhhh folks,, i think the OP was just saying this in jest.. hense the 'lol's used

Who doesnt every now and then just wish they could have some free time from children once in a while "

I'm sure all parents enjoy free time from their kids. And in 6 weeks time I could possibly sympathise with the OP a little more, but complaining before the summer holidays have even began - seriously?

The use of 'lol' doesn't make a comment instantly acceptable

over a year ago

Who doesnt every now and then just wish they could have some free time from children once in a while

The way it was said sounds like she has lots of free time when kids are at school but when they are off,it restricts her meets."

presumptions,, maybe she works and is planning ahead? who knows.. but id not hang the OP for just expressing what most parents feel like at some stage

over a year ago

The way it was said sounds like she has lots of free time when kids are at school but when they are off,it restricts her meets.

presumptions,, maybe she works and is planning ahead? who knows.. but id not hang the OP for just expressing what most parents feel like at some stage "

If she worked during the day then the holidays wouldn't effect her meets.

over a year ago

"

If she worked during the day then the holidays wouldn't effect her meets."

anyways im still thinkin the OP was being sarcastic

By *ancs MinxWoman
over a year ago

Burnley

over a year ago

The difference is that I would never complain that my kids are messing up my meets!

By *am123Man
over a year ago

essex chelmsford

this ^^^

come on talk about jump on the op , surely you can tell whats serious and whats not

over a year ago

"Lol if u sit mine al sit urs everyother weekend do?

I got same problem "

Deal

over a year ago

Jeezo calm down..it's a joke ffs !!! I get slated on here all the time cause I never ditch my kids for a meet...light hearted fun.

Plus ..as for holiday dates...I'm in Scotland.. we started our hols last week x

over a year ago

Who doesnt every now and then just wish they could have some free time from children once in a while this ^^^

come on talk about jump on the op , surely you can tell whats serious and whats not "

over a year ago

"

"

over a year ago

"

"

Yes I was being sarcastic

over a year ago

"Jeezo calm down..it's a joke ffs !!! I get slated on here all the time cause I never ditch my kids for a meet...light hearted fun.

Plus ..as for holiday dates...I'm in Scotland.. we started our hols last week x "

Why would somebody slate you for putting your children first

over a year ago

"Jeezo calm down..it's a joke ffs !!! I get slated on here all the time cause I never ditch my kids for a meet...light hearted fun.

Plus ..as for holiday dates...I'm in Scotland.. we started our hols last week x "

Valuable lesson learnt about how things can be misinterpreted when in written format....

over a year ago

"School holidays messing up my meets lol .... Anyone know a good babysitter lol "

Why jumping down the OPs throat and accusing her of putting meets before her children?? I think this was meant to be a light hearted post that instantly gets jumped on. Jeez - no wonder only 1% of users only post in the forums. The rest are shit scared of saying the wrong thing! Nobody knows the OPs circumstances. She may work full time and rely on child care during term time, making it difficult for her to get childcare during the holidays. Personally I'm always glad when the 6 week break is over with. Doesn't make me a bad parent. Just one that knows going into work is a doddle compared with entertaining kids 24/7.

over a year ago

only 1%?

Why do i hang out in here

over a year ago

"School holidays messing up my meets lol .... Anyone know a good babysitter lol

Why jumping down the OPs throat and accusing her of putting meets before her children?? I think this was meant to be a light hearted post that instantly gets jumped on. Jeez - no wonder only 1% of users only post in the forums. The rest are shit scared of saying the wrong thing! Nobody knows the OPs circumstances. She may work full time and rely on child care during term time, making it difficult for her to get childcare during the holidays. Personally I'm always glad when the 6 week break is over with. Doesn't make me a bad parent. Just one that knows going into work is a doddle compared with entertaining kids 24/7."

Thank you .. some sense at last. Hallelujah xxx

over a year ago

"only 1%?

Why do i hang out in here "

Lol

By *iss Chievous1Woman
over a year ago

my world

Always amuses me when people without kids who only have there self to worry about or part time parents judge !!!! Being a full time mum is "Full Time" 24-7 !! And hard bloody work !!! We all need and deserve some me time !!!! And just because someone wants some adult time does not mean they love there kids any less !!! Geee people are quick to judge !!!

over a year ago

Why jumping down the OPs throat and accusing her of putting meets before her children?? I think this was meant to be a light hearted post that instantly gets jumped on. Jeez - no wonder only 1% of users only post in the forums. The rest are shit scared of saying the wrong thing! Nobody knows the OPs circumstances. She may work full time and rely on child care during term time, making it difficult for her to get childcare during the holidays. Personally I'm always glad when the 6 week break is over with. Doesn't make me a bad parent. Just one that knows going into work is a doddle compared with entertaining kids 24/7."

Oh please. Nobody jumped down her throat if it was meant as a joke I've heard funnier. There are other things to joke about that would be funny. .... and for the record I work with kids and so working and being with kids 24/7 is my life. I see the effects of kids whose parents can't be arsed. ... so I don't apologise for not finding it funny.

over a year ago

"Always amuses me when people without kids who only have there self to worry about or part time parents judge !!!! Being a full time mum is "Full Time" 24-7 !! And hard bloody work !!! We all need and deserve some me time !!!! And just because someone wants some adult time does not mean they love there kids any less !!! Geee people are quick to judge !!!

"

Thank you.. Jeezo I will think twice before posting anything again lol x

over a year ago

"Always amuses me when people without kids who only have there self to worry about or part time parents judge !!!! Being a full time mum is "Full Time" 24-7 !! And hard bloody work !!! We all need and deserve some me time !!!! And just because someone wants some adult time does not mean they love there kids any less !!! Geee people are quick to judge !!!

"

If what you say is true how would the kids being off school effect her meets?Being a parent and only having myself to worry about I don't understand.

over a year ago

If what you say is true how would the kids being off school effect her meets?Being a parent and only having myself to worry about I don't understand."

ok say the OP didnt work,, she would have meets during the daytime where the children are at school. With them being at home for the holidays this means she has a responsibility to look after them

By *iss Chievous1Woman
over a year ago

my world

If what you say is true how would the kids being off school effect her meets?Being a parent and only having myself to worry about I don't understand."

Well that makes 2 of us !!!! because I don't understand what you are asking !!!!! Or what your point is !!! Soz !!

over a year ago

If what you say is true how would the kids being off school effect her meets?Being a parent and only having myself to worry about I don't understand.

ok say the OP didnt work,, she would have meets during the daytime where the children are at school. With them being at home for the holidays this means she has a responsibility to look after them "

Surely a few weeks would be bearable if that was the case.

By *iss Chievous1Woman
over a year ago

my world

ok say the OP didnt work,, she would have meets during the daytime where the children are at school. With them being at home for the holidays this means she has a responsibility to look after them

Surely a few weeks would be bearable if that was the case."

Well I'm sure she will cope !! ... But there is nothing wrong with enjoying a few hours me time here and there that's all I'm saying

over a year ago

Dearie me, why does everyone assume that "kids" mean cute seven year olds who love to spend time with their mum and are great company. Some school kids are fifteen, spotty, stinky, belligerent, pain in the arse, vipers to the breast ingrates. Yep I hate school holidays, I leave for work in the mornings , the house is clean and fragrant, I get home and the place is stinky, full of crisp packets, yoghurt pots, the PC hasn't been off all day and every bloody light in the house is on despite it being mid summer. I'd love some quality time, if only .......

over a year ago

So glad mine are all adults now

over a year ago

Just finished story time and missed most of this ...

over a year ago

"Dearie me, why does everyone assume that "kids" mean cute seven year olds who love to spend time with their mum and are great company. Some school kids are fifteen, spotty, stinky, belligerent, pain in the arse, vipers to the breast ingrates. Yep I hate school holidays, I leave for work in the mornings , the house is clean and fragrant, I get home and the place is stinky, full of crisp packets, yoghurt pots, the PC hasn't been off all day and every bloody light in the house is on despite it being mid summer. I'd love some quality time, if only ......."

over a year ago

"Dearie me, why does everyone assume that "kids" mean cute seven year olds who love to spend time with their mum and are great company. Some school kids are fifteen, spotty, stinky, belligerent, pain in the arse, vipers to the breast ingrates. Yep I hate school holidays, I leave for work in the mornings , the house is clean and fragrant, I get home and the place is stinky, full of crisp packets, yoghurt pots, the PC hasn't been off all day and every bloody light in the house is on despite it being mid summer. I'd love some quality time, if only ......."

they're not always cute at 7 either

Parents are allowed a break,it doesn't make you a shit parent if you crave quality time,in fact it helps make you a parent more able to deal with the stresses of parenthood

It doesn't matter if that quality time is sex with a stranger,a night at the opera or an afternoon sat in the library either,if you go back to your children refreshed,relaxed and happy then its all good as far as I can see

OP don't let anyone make you feel bad for posting what you did

By *iss Chievous1Woman
over a year ago

my world

"Dearie me, why does everyone assume that "kids" mean cute seven year olds who love to spend time with their mum and are great company. Some school kids are fifteen, spotty, stinky, belligerent, pain in the arse, vipers to the breast ingrates. Yep I hate school holidays, I leave for work in the mornings , the house is clean and fragrant, I get home and the place is stinky, full of crisp packets, yoghurt pots, the PC hasn't been off all day and every bloody light in the house is on despite it being mid summer. I'd love some quality time, if only .......

Parents are allowed a break,it doesn't make you a shit parent if you crave quality time,in fact it helps make you a parent more able to deal with the stresses of parenthood

It doesn't matter if that quality time is sex with a stranger,a night at the opera or an afternoon sat in the library either,if you go back to your children refreshed,relaxed and happy then its all good as far as I can see

OP don't let anyone make you feel bad for posting what you did"

over a year ago

Why jumping down the OPs throat and accusing her of putting meets before her children?? I think this was meant to be a light hearted post that instantly gets jumped on. Jeez - no wonder only 1% of users only post in the forums. The rest are shit scared of saying the wrong thing! Nobody knows the OPs circumstances. She may work full time and rely on child care during term time, making it difficult for her to get childcare during the holidays. Personally I'm always glad when the 6 week break is over with. Doesn't make me a bad parent. Just one that knows going into work is a doddle compared with entertaining kids 24/7.

Oh please. Nobody jumped down her throat if it was meant as a joke I've heard funnier. There are other things to joke about that would be funny. .... and for the record I work with kids and so working and being with kids 24/7 is my life. I see the effects of kids whose parents can't be arsed. ... so I don't apologise for not finding it funny. "

And yes I work with vulnerable children so I see the effects and devastation ineffective parenting can cause. I also live in the real world and see the OP as it was intended (and confirmed by the OP) as light hearted. I won't be making that call to Childrens Social Care . I'm sure if you have genuine safeguarding concerns you will have already reported her.

OP - enjoy the summer break and make up for it in September

over a year ago

over a year ago

"Dearie me, why does everyone assume that "kids" mean cute seven year olds who love to spend time with their mum and are great company. Some school kids are fifteen, spotty, stinky, belligerent, pain in the arse, vipers to the breast ingrates. Yep I hate school holidays, I leave for work in the mornings , the house is clean and fragrant, I get home and the place is stinky, full of crisp packets, yoghurt pots, the PC hasn't been off all day and every bloody light in the house is on despite it being mid summer. I'd love some quality time, if only .......

OP don't let anyone make you feel bad for posting what you did "

Thank you x

over a year ago

"School holidays messing up my meets lol .... Anyone know a good babysitter lol "

Grandparents....I think I am on safe ground there!

over a year ago

On looking forward to school hols., I've done my time with kids and do know what it's like. School hols are when I'm more readily available

over a year ago

over a year ago

All normality goes out of the window during the summer holidays, which are 2 weeks too long in my opinion ~ I have a spreadsheet just to keep track of where my daughter is...club / childminder / friends!

over a year ago

Jeeze... No one is saying the op is a bad parent or that she needs reporting to social services or that she doesn't deserve time away from the kids..... Just that she has bad taste in jokes

By *wiftieeMan
over a year ago

near Glasgow

Flamin eck, some folk obviously need a sense of humour transplant!

over a year ago

I think people just love a good argument maybe if they were getting laid more often they wouldn't be so touchy

over a year ago

It's really quite simple. I understood it

By *wiftieeMan
over a year ago

near Glasgow

" And in 6 weeks time I could possibly sympathise with the OP a little more, but complaining before the summer holidays have even began - seriously?

"

For the benefit of those who are unaware that things are different in other parts of the UK, Scottish schools finished last week!

over a year ago

"I love school holidays, always have. Would far sooner have time with my mini me than meets, but that's just me, we're all different.

Have fun "

totally agree

over a year ago

Are you saying she doesn't have quality time with her kids any other time? I know a lot of working mums who prefer to work than be at home with their kids all day. Let's not rose tint this

over a year ago

"How about spending quality time with your kids? Just a thought....a lot of mothers who work full time would gladly swap with you, I'm sure.

Are you saying she doesn't have quality time with her kids any other time? I know a lot of working mums who prefer to work than be at home with their kids all day. Let's not rose tint this "

I'm not arguing this anymore as the op has declared it all to be meant in jest.....no one is rose tinting. I meet very rarely because of work or family but I wouldn't start a thread complaining they were getting in the way. It seems I have completely different views to most on this subject so I will leave you all to put words in someone elses mouth.

over a year ago

It's really quite simple. I understood it"

Must be simple then.

over a year ago

"How about spending quality time with your kids? Just a thought....a lot of mothers who work full time would gladly swap with you, I'm sure.

Are you saying she doesn't have quality time with her kids any other time? I know a lot of working mums who prefer to work than be at home with their kids all day. Let's not rose tint this

I'm not arguing this anymore as the op has declared it all to be meant in jest.....no one is rose tinting. I meet very rarely because of work or family but I wouldn't start a thread complaining they were getting in the way. It seems I have completely different views to most on this subject so I will leave you all to put words in someone elses mouth."

over a year ago

For a moment then I thought you had been round my house and met my 16yr old son and his mates Locusts leave more food in the house than they do and are tidier!

By *otsoSnowWhiteWoman
over a year ago

My Ice Castle! South Wales

Nice to see it's not just the Welsh forums the arguments happen in.

over a year ago

it wasn't a complaint..it was a joke ... Sweet Jesus....

I'm not arguing this anymore as the op has declared it all to be meant in jest.....no one is rose tinting. I meet very rarely because of work or family but I wouldn't start a thread complaining they were getting in the way. It seems I have completely different views to most on this subject so I will leave you all to put words in someone elses mouth."

Post new Message to Thread