Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Situations

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Don't want it to seem like i'm airing my dirty laundry.

But, what would you do if you feel as though there has come up a point in life where nothing seems to be going your way - that feeling of 'what the hell do i do?', feeling a bit lost and stranded in your way.

Just a general question. Nothing fab related.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *a-ra-ra-boom-de-ayCouple
over a year ago

Wish it was the Algarve! Aberdeenshire

Do you need a friendly hug? I think we all get like that at times, it will pass!

By *reelove1969Couple
over a year ago

bristol

leave the party

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Be sure to let me know what the answer is. I've got a hug for yer Pops.

over a year ago

"Be sure to let me know what the answer is. I've got a hug for yer Pops."

Hi sexy!

over a year ago

"Don't want it to seem like i'm airing my dirty laundry.

But, what would you do if you feel as though there has come up a point in life where nothing seems to be going your way - that feeling of 'what the hell do i do?', feeling a bit lost and stranded in your way.

"

Yep a few dark times.It's how you pick urself up and make whatever the situation is that makes you/me/anyone better.

over a year ago

"

Quit yer day job, Mr Cameron.

over a year ago

"Be sure to let me know what the answer is. I've got a hug for yer Pops.

Hi sexy! "

Hello.

over a year ago

Hi sexy!

Hello. "

What you doing up so late! Haha

By *illwill69uMan
over a year ago

moston

"

Hi, sounds as if you are feeling quite down and in a corner. That's not a nice place to be and it can be very hard to see tour way out of it...

But...

Remember no problem is so large that you cant turn your back on it and RUN AWAY!

There is nothing wrong with walking (or running) away if things have got to a point where you are finding them intolerable, and your real friends will help you.

Finally don't forget that that today is the first day of the rest of your life and you cant change yesterday but you can today and tomorrow.

Hope some of what I have said will help you see your path forward.

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

"

It's a horrible feeling. In our experience the first thing to do is nothing unless it's imperative, give yourself a bit of space, if you can take a little time out even if it's only a long walk somewhere. Then evaluate a bit, imagine life without the people or things that are making you feel the way you do, properly imagine sometimes life isn't better without them, then think of ways to move away from them or the situation either physically or emotionally. Sometimes we need to take a huge leap of faith, jump into the unknown and sometimes we just have to endure, all you have to decide is which it's to be. Good luck.

over a year ago

Been there Pops and it was awful. Hugs xxxx

When you hit rock bottom, the only way is up. There must be some good stuff in your life, concentrate on that. Or make something good happen. Day out shoe shopping?

We missed you yesterday. Another hug xxxx

over a year ago

Sometimes the things in life you're busting your back to reach for aren't going to make you truly happy anyway.

Much of life's real joys in my experience are free and waiting for everyone and offer great reflection. ....The great outdoors. Good luck and remember probably the whole world has felt this way at some point so it's not just you.

By *igeiaWoman
over a year ago

Bristol

Hugs, Pops. I'm sure we've all been there and come out the other side (I have) but the only advice I should offer is to take a step back and work out what specifically you want to change about your life calmly and rationally. Don't let fear of the unknown prevent you making those changes.

over a year ago

"

"

I imagine Pops that most of us have been there at some point. I know I have. If you can, it sometimes helps to have a couple of days away from everything & everyone. I think that sometimes, when you're amongst everything to do with your life, you cannot see the wood for the trees. Distance can give you some perspective.

And as others have said, once you hit rock bottom, the only way is up. Hopefully you've got a really good friend that you can talk to, as talking it out helps too. I hope you're feeling better soon. x

By *eryBigGirlWoman
over a year ago

East Yorkshire

Sit back, take stock and decide where you want to go and what is an achievable goal and be prepared to have some downs along the way up.

I love the saying "life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass its about learning to dance in the rain"

Learn to dance and get wet it's freeing and here's a hug too x

By *litterbabeWoman
over a year ago

hiding from cock pics.

Sorry you are having a hard time Pops, missed saying hi last night too.

I find for a quick fix ( which is a good first step) is to get some headphones on with you best playlist and have a fast walk... Near water or a park works best for me.

It's hard making the desicion to go out but once there I find I can sometimes clear my head and look again to see what I need to reevaluate next...

Hugs for you x

over a year ago

Smile and think tomorrow is another day xxx

over a year ago

yep - plod on - ring a friend have a laugh - its not nice when life is a struggle most of the time but really enjoy the good moments - or reflect on them if they not coming your way - ive always got some memory tucked away thats sure to put a smile on my face

By *inaTitzTV/TS
over a year ago

Titz Towers, North Notts

Tina's 5 step guide to improving Popeye's General Situation.

1, put the kettle on.

2, ponder the circumstances and decide which problems are real adjustable ones and which ones you don't need to do anything about.

3, make crank call to best friend.

4, pick the easiest situation to adjust and do something today about it.

5, come out with a long term idea of just making everything that little bit better each day, thinking of small steps for each.

over a year ago

or ......... find a forum post by tina - click on the green tick and read some more - always makes me smile x

over a year ago

Ahhhh pops I'm sad to hear this. You've always been there for me, when its been tough. I'm here to reciprocate. Xxx

over a year ago

"'what the hell do i do?', feeling a bit lost and stranded in your way.

"

The world is absurd and there is no right or wrong path to follow; so do what makes you happy. Everything else will look after itself.

over a year ago

Pm sent

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Thank you - think it's one of those things where you just need to pull your socks up and deal with it.

Appreciate your posts and messages.

...normal service shall resume. Nothing a bit of shoe shopping won't remedy lol.

over a year ago

"Thank you - think it's one of those things where you just need to pull your socks up and deal with it.

Appreciate your posts and messages.

...normal service shall resume. Nothing a bit of shoe shopping won't remedy lol.

"

tart

over a year ago

Have a bed day. While you're in bed imagine what it would be like to not be able to get out of bed through illness. Imagine you have no family or friends to talk to. Imagine you don't have any money

over a year ago

Hi sexy!

Hello.

What you doing up so late! Haha"

I went to bed after hello, sorry 'bout that.

Post new Message to Thread