By *exetera OP   Woman
over a year ago

Bridgend

Well done to those who had Dennis Hopper in Dead Pool, he's just died

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"Well done to those who had Dennis Hopper in Dead Pool, he's just died "

Dam I had Prince Phillip, that old fooker will live till he is a 100, btw Dennis Hopper was a great actor, so quite sad news

over a year ago

who's dennis hopper? god the grim reaper must be on overtime this wk end!! xx

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman
over a year ago

evesham

has he really??? thats so sad

By *exetera OP   Woman
over a year ago

Bridgend

"who's dennis hopper? god the grim reaper must be on overtime this wk end!! xx "

The hard-living screen star died at his home in the coastal Los Angeles suburb of Venice on Saturday morning surrounded by family and friends.

In a varied career spanning more than 50 years, Hopper appeared alongside his mentor James Dean in Rebel Without a Cause and Giant in the 1950s and played maniacs in films like Apocalypse Now, Blue Velvet and Speed.

He received two Oscar nominations - for writing Easy Rider (with co-star Peter Fonda and Terry Southern), and for a rare heartwarming turn as an alcoholic high-school basketball coach in the 1986 drama Hoosiers.

Easy Rider, regarded is one of the greatest films of American cinema, helped usher in a new era in which the old Hollywood guard was forced to cede power to young filmmakers such as Francis Ford Coppola and Martin Scorsese.

The low-budget blockbuster, originally conceived by Fonda, introduced mainstream moviegoers to cannabis-smoking, cocaine-dealing, long-haired bikers.

Hopper and Fonda were joined on screen by a then-unknown Jack Nicholson as an alcoholic lawyer, but it was not a harmonious set. Hopper clashed violently with everyone and Fonda later described him as a "little fascist freak." Their friendship was destroyed.

Hopper fell ill last September. He continued working almost to the very end, both on his cable TV series Crash and on a book showcasing his photography. But his final months were also consumed by a bitter divorce battle with his fifth wife, Victoria Duffy.

By *exetera OP   Woman
over a year ago

Bridgend

"Well done to those who had Dennis Hopper in Dead Pool, he's just died

Dam I had Prince Phillip, that old fooker will live till he is a 100, btw Dennis Hopper was a great actor, so quite sad news "

He was a great actor.

It's not looking good for Ronnie Biggs either.

By *ickmealloverWoman
over a year ago

a very plush appartment off junt 7 M5

poor love

wasn't he suffering plus having to go to court with his divorce too

By *exetera OP   Woman
over a year ago

Bridgend

"poor love

wasn't he suffering plus having to go to court with his divorce too"

He had prostrate cancer.

over a year ago

Very sad,a great shame.

I was only watching Easy Rider the other night.

I remember seeing it as a youngster and it was what got me into biking,I always liked his character more than Fondas.

R.I.P Dennis.

R

XX

By *emmefataleWoman
over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

Superb actor, he was fantastic in Blue Velvet

By *oobCouple
over a year ago

Netherlands

Wonderful innings, can't remember him playing a bad shot, although I never managed to sit through "Waterworld".

By *he BananamanMan
over a year ago

WORCESTERSHIRE

saw waterworld but the film as a whole best forgotten,but easy rider now thats a classic!.

rip bennis hopper.

over a year ago

A big loss as he was a great actor. Respect

over a year ago

RIP to a great actor.

over a year ago

Had him in my death-pool... but having now had someone on my list drop of his perch has made me realise how sick a game it is. Don't really want to be celebrating someones death!

Sorry to see him go, but guess that puts me in equal first as I don't think I was the only person to have him!

By *exetera OP   Woman
over a year ago

Bridgend

"Had him in my death-pool... but having now had someone on my list drop of his perch has made me realise how sick a game it is. Don't really want to be celebrating someones death!

Sorry to see him go, but guess that puts me in equal first as I don't think I was the only person to have him! "

Think you'll find you're in th elead because Stu had points deducted for not having a under 40 yo in his list lol

over a year ago

He will be missed as he was the guy and cool as.

Post new Message to Thread