Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

WTF thats never right!!!!

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

A South Korean couple have been jailed after their baby starved to death while they raised a virtual child online.

Web Addict Pair Jailed For Letting Baby Starve

The husband, a 41-year-old taxi driver, and his 25-year-old wife were sentenced to two years in prison, but the woman's term was suspended because she is pregnant.

The couple were addicted to the game, which saw them act as virtual parents, spending an average of 10 hours a day at internet cafes while only feeding their daughter once a day.

The baby girl was severly neglected and was beaten for crying.

The couple only discovered their baby had died when they returned to their home in Suwon, South of Seoul last September, after having spent all night at an internet cafe.

The autopsy revealed the child had died of malnutrition.

The court said: "This constitutes an inhumane crime where the defendants abandoned even the most basic responsibilities as parents, and is unforgivable beyond any excuse or reason."

The couple have been given a week to appeal the ruling.

South Korea is estimated to have over two million internet addicts in a population of 49 million

xx

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *istress-MazikeenWoman
over a year ago

bolton

I did read it, I know I'm sort of addicted to fab, but I do have my priorities, and would never let anyone starve.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Some people have no sense cant believe that women who let her child burn last week its absolutely disgusting. There is a new charity that pays drug addicts to £250 to get sterilized so the children are'nt born addicts. I think people who neglect or abuse children should be sterilized when sentenced.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"Some people have no sense cant believe that women who let her child burn last week its absolutely disgusting. There is a new charity that pays drug addicts to £250 to get sterilized so the children are'nt born addicts. I think people who neglect or abuse children should be sterilized when sentenced."

yeah they operatin up here and i actually agree with them! i know im gonna get hung drawn and quartered for this, but i really think anyone with an addiction should have some form of long term contraception legally enforced on them. they choose the drugs not the child and its the child that suffers iv heard it all before not every addict is a bad parent, but there no doubt many children born to them are at risk and its the state thats left to try and provide for that child whilst the parents are in the grip of that addiction and how can a parent be responsible for a child when they are fucked up on drugs and not thinkin straight??? not to mention the influence on the child xx

By *ouple1234Couple
over a year ago

BELFAST UK

"Some people have no sense cant believe that women who let her child burn last week its absolutely disgusting. There is a new charity that pays drug addicts to £250 to get sterilized so the children are'nt born addicts. I think people who neglect or abuse children should be sterilized when sentenced.

yeah they operatin up here and i actually agree with them! i know im gonna get hung drawn and quartered for this, but i really think anyone with an addiction should have some form of long term contraception legally enforced on them. they choose the drugs not the child and its the child that suffers iv heard it all before not every addict is a bad parent, but there no doubt many children born to them are at risk and its the state thats left to try and provide for that child whilst the parents are in the grip of that addiction and how can a parent be responsible for a child when they are fucked up on drugs and not thinkin straight??? not to mention the influence on the child xx"

couldnt agree more with you.

Post new Message to Thread