By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Anyone like to complain ?

I do

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *isscheekychopsWoman
over a year ago

The land of grey peas and bacon

I used to work for corporate complaints with British Airways....fucking hell it was mayhem...

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I complain if service is not up to standard I expect and pay for. How would services improve if we didn't complain.

Oh and another complaint, you're too bloody far away

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman
over a year ago

evesham

People who complain about genuine issues I have no problem with. People who go out of their way to find things to complain about need to get a life!

By *not69Man
over a year ago

Burnley

"People who complain about genuine issues I have no problem with. People who go out of their way to find things to complain about need to get a life!"

over a year ago

"I complain if service is not up to standard I expect and pay for. How would services improve if we didn't complain.

Oh and another complaint, you're too bloody far away "

Ha ha ha

over a year ago

I had to complain all the time on behalf of my clients

Surprising what free stuff you can get

I once complained I had a flat Malteser in my packet

Got sent a voucher

over a year ago

I have no problem complaining if it's deserved but don't just do it for the sake of it I see people in restaurant doing it then laughing when the waitress or waiter walk away what's the point

By *rightonsteveMan
over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

"I have no problem complaining if it's deserved but don't just do it for the sake of it I see people in restaurant doing it then laughing when the waitress or waiter walk away what's the point "

I'd never complain about food in a restaurant in case they gobbed in my pudding.

By *isscheekychopsWoman
over a year ago

"I have no problem complaining if it's deserved but don't just do it for the sake of it I see people in restaurant doing it then laughing when the waitress or waiter walk away what's the point "

Most of my complaints are when I'm eating out...when clearly staff don't want to be there and make you fully waste they don't want to be there...However I've seen some really rude people complain over the most trivial things..it's the victor meldew of society lol

By *isscheekychopsWoman
over a year ago

"I have no problem complaining if it's deserved but don't just do it for the sake of it I see people in restaurant doing it then laughing when the waitress or waiter walk away what's the point

Most of my complaints are when I'm eating out...when clearly staff don't want to be there and make you fully waste they don't want to be there...However I've seen some really rude people complain over the most trivial things..it's the victor meldew of society lol "

Aware not waste

over a year ago

I'm shit at complaining. I can write a mean email or scathing review on TripAdvisor, but when it comes to complaining at the point of service I'm garbage!

I always think that the staff will assume I'm complaining to try and get something for free.

Typical mard arse Brit!!!

By *ScotsmanMan
over a year ago

ayrshire

The complainers on this program are sad cocks .

over a year ago

I used to be really bad at complaining. However over recent years I've had enough practice to master it

over a year ago

I'd like to register my complaint about this thread.

over a year ago

My mum complains a lot,I sometimes think I may be too laid back because she complains about things that wouldn't bother me at all and its a bit embarrassing

over a year ago

I don't enjoy complaining, but I will do when it's needed. I'm not a scream and shout kinda person, but I make my point very clear as politely as I can as 9 times out of 10 the person receiving the complaint isn't the person that caused the issue! Must admit though that if I have to complain about something I'll rarely go back to that company...I never understand those that repeatedly go back to the same company and then whinge about how many times they've had to complain. Just go elsewhere!

By *r-UniqueMan
over a year ago

Carmarthenshire

"I have no problem complaining if it's deserved but don't just do it for the sake of it I see people in restaurant doing it then laughing when the waitress or waiter walk away what's the point

Most of my complaints are when I'm eating out...when clearly staff don't want to be there and make you fully waste they don't want to be there...However I've seen some really rude people complain over the most trivial things..it's the victor meldew of society lol "

I have witnessed both. One happened to be a lad taking his new "girlfriend" on a date. She started eating said it was nice. He complained to her. So she tried and said it was nice. He kicked up a fuss and told the waitress to take both plates away and bring fresh food. Think he was trying to show off to be fair. She didn't look like she liked his actions either and I felt sorry for the waitress.

Also people do have days where they don't want to be in there job or even in work that day. Don get this as what are they supposed to do, quit? Maybe they are applying for work elsewhere. Maybe they can't get another job for reason. There is a job shortage going around and it isn't there fault. Plus society and awful customers don't help either. People who provide a service are human too and have feelings. They aren't robots.

By *isscheekychopsWoman
over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 27/05/14 21:44:57]

By *awty MaxWoman
over a year ago

Edinburgh

I do but always in a constructive way x

By *isscheekychopsWoman
over a year ago

Most of my complaints are when I'm eating out...when clearly staff don't want to be there and make you fully waste they don't want to be there...However I've seen some really rude people complain over the most trivial things..it's the victor meldew of society lol

I have witnessed both. One happened to be a lad taking his new "girlfriend" on a date. She started eating said it was nice. He complained to her. So she tried and said it was nice. He kicked up a fuss and told the waitress to take both plates away and bring fresh food. Think he was trying to show off to be fair. She didn't look like she liked his actions either and I felt sorry for the waitress.

Also people do have days where they don't want to be in there job or even in work that day. Don get this as what are they supposed to do, quit? Maybe they are applying for work elsewhere. Maybe they can't get another job for reason. There is a job shortage going around and it isn't there fault. Plus society and awful customers don't help either. People who provide a service are human too and have feelings. They aren't robots. "

while people are not robots there is never any need for rudeness on either sides of the table...I don't pay for rude service and shit food..

over a year ago

I had a neighbour (thankfully shes now moved),who complained that the smell of fabric conditioner from the launderette across the road was giving her palpitations.

over a year ago

"I had a neighbour (thankfully shes now moved),who complained that the smell of fabric conditioner from the launderette across the road was giving her palpitations. "

By *ee VianteWoman
over a year ago

Somewhere in North Norfolk

I am excellent at complaining *unless* it's something I have taken personally and am very angry about. I can struggle to maintain the necessary calm when I'm angry.

I tend only to complain about serious matters. When it comes to poor service I'll often just vote with my feet than bother to complain.

By *r-UniqueMan
over a year ago

Carmarthenshire

Also people do have days where they don't want to be in there job or even in work that day. Don get this as what are they supposed to do, quit? Maybe they are applying for work elsewhere. Maybe they can't get another job for reason. There is a job shortage going around and it isn't there fault. Plus society and awful customers don't help either. People who provide a service are human too and have feelings. They aren't robots. while people are not robots there is never any need for rudeness on either sides of the table...I don't pay for rude service and shit food.."

If it's horrible food. The waiter/waitress's rent at fault so always be nice to them. If it's that bad complain to the chef/manager and/or mention it to the waiter and he/she can have a word with them. Some people normally think/speak towards people who that person speaks to them. If they don't say it out allowed because they fear their job maybe lost, etc. They will think and dislike the fact they can't do anything about being mistreated and this shows then when they see other people as they look unhappy.

By *isscheekychopsWoman
over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 27/05/14 21:52:40]

By *isscheekychopsWoman
over a year ago

Also people do have days where they don't want to be in there job or even in work that day. Don get this as what are they supposed to do, quit? Maybe they are applying for work elsewhere. Maybe they can't get another job for reason. There is a job shortage going around and it isn't there fault. Plus society and awful customers don't help either. People who provide a service are human too and have feelings. They aren't robots. while people are not robots there is never any need for rudeness on either sides of the table...I don't pay for rude service and shit food..

If it's horrible food. The waiter/waitress's rent at fault so always be nice to them. If it's that bad complain to the chef/manager and/or mention it to the waiter and he/she can have a word with them. Some people normally think/speak towards people who that person speaks to them. If they don't say it out allowed because they fear their job maybe lost, etc. They will think and dislike the fact they can't do anything about being mistreated and this shows then when they see other people as they look unhappy. "

Well I speak to people how I wish to be spoken to myself...and I understand the whole complaints procedure cheers for the tips though..

By *r-UniqueMan
over a year ago

Carmarthenshire

Also people do have days where they don't want to be in there job or even in work that day. Don get this as what are they supposed to do, quit? Maybe they are applying for work elsewhere. Maybe they can't get another job for reason. There is a job shortage going around and it isn't there fault. Plus society and awful customers don't help either. People who provide a service are human too and have feelings. They aren't robots. while people are not robots there is never any need for rudeness on either sides of the table...I don't pay for rude service and shit food..

If it's horrible food. The waiter/waitress's rent at fault so always be nice to them. If it's that bad complain to the chef/manager and/or mention it to the waiter and he/she can have a word with them. Some people normally think/speak towards people who that person speaks to them. If they don't say it out allowed because they fear their job maybe lost, etc. They will think and dislike the fact they can't do anything about being mistreated and this shows then when they see other people as they look unhappy.

Well I speak to people how I wish to be spoken to myself...and I understand the whole complaints procedure cheers for the tips though.."

Me too. I only do that too. My point was if a colleague had grief from customers all day, constant rudeness and the problem wasn't their fault at all. Then I stand by the colleague. You can say I don't go by the policy "the customer is always right". Nor do I look for what's best for the company when it comes to complaints. I go by what I think is right overall.

By *ee VianteWoman
over a year ago

Also people do have days where they don't want to be in there job or even in work that day. Don get this as what are they supposed to do, quit? Maybe they are applying for work elsewhere. Maybe they can't get another job for reason. There is a job shortage going around and it isn't there fault. Plus society and awful customers don't help either. People who provide a service are human too and have feelings. They aren't robots. "

If they are there, being paid to do a job, and are making it clear to clients and customers that they don't want to be there then yeah, they should quit and open up the job for someone who will act in a professional manner.

Staff are paid not to let their bad day show to clients and customers. Being human is no excuse.

Some customers are horrible or an absolute pain in the arse but if you can't cope with that, don't take a customer facing role.

A shortage of jobs means there are plenty of people who will grit their teeth and smile at the very worst customers, so anyone thinking they can let their bad day show through probably won't have the opportunity to do so for long.

Job centre staff are worse than most customers.

over a year ago

evesham

If it's horrible food. The waiter/waitress's rent at fault so always be nice to them. If it's that bad complain to the chef/manager and/or mention it to the waiter and he/she can have a word with them. Some people normally think/speak towards people who that person speaks to them. If they don't say it out allowed because they fear their job maybe lost, etc. They will think and dislike the fact they can't do anything about being mistreated and this shows then when they see other people as they look unhappy. "

whilst it may not be their fauly they are the front of house staff and so are the front line of customer service. I agree there is no need to be rude when complaining but unfortunately not everyone is a ray of sunshine like me and you have to take the rough with the smooth if you work in the customer service industry.

equally they re the face of the company so no matter how shit a day they are having they should present themselves in manner that promotes the company.

over a year ago

I can't be arsed to read the thread, let alone complain

By *ee VianteWoman
over a year ago

whilst it may not be their fauly they are the front of house staff and so are the front line of customer service. I agree there is no need to be rude when complaining but unfortunately not everyone is a ray of sunshine like me and you have to take the rough with the smooth if you work in the customer service industry.

equally they re the face of the company so no matter how shit a day they are having they should present themselves in manner that promotes the company."

Customer facing staff need to keep their bad days to their own time.

By *r-UniqueMan
over a year ago

Carmarthenshire

Also people do have days where they don't want to be in there job or even in work that day. Don get this as what are they supposed to do, quit? Maybe they are applying for work elsewhere. Maybe they can't get another job for reason. There is a job shortage going around and it isn't there fault. Plus society and awful customers don't help either. People who provide a service are human too and have feelings. They aren't robots.

If they are there, being paid to do a job, and are making it clear to clients and customers that they don't want to be there then yeah, they should quit and open up the job for someone who will act in a professional manner.

Staff are paid not to let their bad day show to clients and customers. Being human is no excuse.

Some customers are horrible or an absolute pain in the arse but if you can't cope with that, don't take a customer facing role.

A shortage of jobs means there are plenty of people who will grit their teeth and smile at the very worst customers, so anyone thinking they can let their bad day show through probably won't have the opportunity to do so for long.

Job centre staff are worse than most customers."

So if you go in the job centre and come out in a bad mood. It's your fault? I wouldn't have thought it is. Same goes the other way too

over a year ago

I do if something not good enough went out to a farm yesterday family day out with kids and sat having picnic and some dobbers come up sit near us with there kids few adults spark up and crack open beer we was disgusted I went into complain and made a few comments loud enough x

By *ee VianteWoman
over a year ago

So if you go in the job centre and come out in a bad mood. It's your fault? I wouldn't have thought it is. Same goes the other way too"

I'm not sure what you are trying to say.

My point, since you seem to have missed it, is that customer facing staff are paid to deal professionally with all customers, even difficult ones, (with the exception of those who are violent and genuinely abusive).

If you think a difficult customer is bad, grit your teeth and smile because you'll almost certainly find job centre staff worse.

over a year ago

evesham

So if you go in the job centre and come out in a bad mood. It's your fault? I wouldn't have thought it is. Same goes the other way too"

no it doesn't, its called professionalism.

Just because a previous customer pisses you off doesn't mean you can take it out on others. Just the same as if am having a shitty day it doesn't mean i can take it out on others. if you or your 'colleague' can't control your emotions that well maybe you shouldn't be in customer facing roles?

over a year ago

I like to take the sado bike riders ruler and snap it

By *ScotsmanMan
over a year ago

ayrshire

"I had a neighbour (thankfully shes now moved),who complained that the smell of fabric conditioner from the launderette across the road was giving her palpitations.

"

teehee. . .i had an auntie (thankfully she's now pregnant) that used to complain that the smell of the dog food from the dog food factory gave her vivid nightmares about steak pie& green beans

By *ee VianteWoman
over a year ago

So if you go in the job centre and come out in a bad mood. It's your fault? I wouldn't have thought it is. Same goes the other way too

no it doesn't, its called professionalism.

Just because a previous customer pisses you off doesn't mean you can take it out on others. Just the same as if am having a shitty day it doesn't mean i can take it out on others. if you or your 'colleague' can't control your emotions that well maybe you shouldn't be in customer facing roles?"

But but but it's not his 'colleagues' fault that there aren't any other jobs available. He's only doing that one because he has no choice and therefore shouldn't have to do it properly if he doesn't feel like it.

It's the fault of whoever is to blame for him having to work in a job he doesn't want to do.

He's only human.

Basic immature work "ethic" and complete lack of life experience and sense of personal responsibility.

By *isscheekychopsWoman
over a year ago

I'm not in a customer facing role but I get told to fuck off most days...I got called a cunt the other day but I cannot bite back as I have to act professionally....I cannot take my bad mood out on the people I'm dealing with..it's part of my job and was well aware of this when I started doing the job I do

over a year ago

"People who complain about genuine issues I have no problem with. People who go out of their way to find things to complain about need to get a life!"

By *r-UniqueMan
over a year ago

Carmarthenshire

My point, since you seem to have missed it, is that customer facing staff are paid to deal professionally with all customers, even difficult ones, (with the exception of those who are violent and genuinely abusive).

If you think a difficult customer is bad, grit your teeth and smile because you'll almost certainly find job centre staff worse."

Treating other customers bad? You are either reading too much into what i said and took it the wrong way or you're deluded. I never said staff who have had a bad day should return it on other customers. I meant they may just show sadness whilst at work, but still be polite, helpful, etc

By *isscheekychopsWoman
over a year ago

If you think a difficult customer is bad, grit your teeth and smile because you'll almost certainly find job centre staff worse.

Treating other customers bad? You are either reading too much into what i said and took it the wrong way or you're deluded. I never said staff who have had a bad day should return it on other customers. I meant they may just show sadness whilst at work, but still be polite, helpful, etc"

Bit severe calling someone deluded don't you think

over a year ago

evesham

Treating other customers bad? You are either reading too much into what i said and took it the wrong way or you're deluded. I never said staff who have had a bad day should return it on other customers. I meant they may just show sadness whilst at work, but still be polite, helpful, etc

Bit severe calling someone deluded don't you think "

he has probably had a bad day at work so its perfectly fair to take it out on others lol

By *ee VianteWoman
over a year ago

Treating other customers bad? You are either reading too much into what i said and took it the wrong way or you're deluded. I never said staff who have had a bad day should return it on other customers. I meant they may just show sadness whilst at work, but still be polite, helpful, etc"

Reading other people's responses to you it's clear that isn't what came across in what you said.

Regardless, you cannot let your mood come across to customers to the extent that they feel you don't want to be there or they're not getting good service.

Customer facing staff are paid to deal with customers without being rude and without moping about or sulking.

Even staff who aren't customer facing need to behave professionally with other members of staff.

over a year ago

"Anyone like to complain ?

I do "

well you are a women after all

By *igSuki81Man
over a year ago

Retirement Village

"Anyone like to complain ?

I do "

I can't say i have evr had to do a 'formal' complaint, my tone of voice and vocabulary tends to give it away to customer services that i'm not happy

Have worke for one of the big four banks and the way some people complain without having a clue about what they are complaining about or what they signed up for did annoy me. My tip would be, if youa re going to complain to a bank, make sure you know some financial rules and regs first else you'll be left wondering around in circles !!

By *r-UniqueMan
over a year ago

Carmarthenshire

he has probably had a bad day at work so its perfectly fair to take it out on others lol"

Actually had a decent day and haven't been to work. Does anyone know emotions are key to mental health. You act on them or even show it at some point and you will get ill in the long run. Emotions are better out than in. If you can't express any form of emotion in work and at home you can't show it as it's not right or fair on your family/friends either. I have one example on where someone could say if they were professional or not, but I have a feeling what people will come out with

over a year ago

evesham

"

he has probably had a bad day at work so its perfectly fair to take it out on others lol

Actually had a decent day and haven't been to work. Does anyone know emotions are key to mental health. You act on them or even show it at some point and you will get ill in the long run. Emotions are better out than in. If you can't express any form of emotion in work and at home you can't show it as it's not right or fair on your family/friends either. I have one example on where someone could say if they were professional or not, but I have a feeling what people will come out with "

having worked in many customer facing jobs both retail and call centre based i know a fair bit about how to deal with the effects of rude people but i still stand by the fact that to be a good employee you cannot let your emotions show in that type of role.

develop coping strategies, speak to your boss if you are feeling that worked up about things but i can assure you if i was manager of someone who was not able to do their job in a professional manner and bought the company into disrepute by being sullen and sulky development plans would be afoot.

the fact of the matter is the person that pissed you off probably doesn't give the encounter a second thought so why should your next customer have to look at a sulky, unhappy face?

over a year ago

Dealing with the emotional stresses of work is something which most organisations don't do effectively if at all. Hence the increase of stress related absences and consequent increasing churn of employees.

By *ee VianteWoman
over a year ago

There are positive and appropriate ways of expressing emotions and ways that are absolutely not appropriate.

Trying to claim behaving as you wish is essential because otherwise you'll get mentally ill, or that you can't be held responsible for anything as you're only human, is quite ridiculous.

How far do you take it?

Well Your Honour, he was annoying me and I'm only human and if I didn't vent my emotions it would be bad for my mental health and I'd get ill, so I hit him/drove my car over him/shot him.

Where does better out than in end?

over a year ago

evesham

"Dealing with the emotional stresses of work is something which most organisations don't do effectively if at all. Hence the increase of stress related absences and consequent increasing churn of employees. "

that coupled with molly coddled school leavers entering the workplace.

I had someone cry at me today because she was asked to da a job by our boss. the fact that she said she would do this exact same job last week didnt seem to factor into it. she cries at least 3 times a week at work.

over a year ago

Oh I would walk five hundred miles and I would walk 500 more! Brilliant tune!........

Oh...no....hang on that's the proclaimers, sorry, I'll get my coat.....

By *inaTitzTV/TS
over a year ago

Titz Towers, North Notts

When I worked in the insurance industry I was pretty nifty at getting people to go from 'I'd like to complain about your bunch of cowboys' to 'I'll put the kettle on for them and let them sort it out.'

A lot of it was just about treating the person complaining as a human being.

over a year ago

"Dealing with the emotional stresses of work is something which most organisations don't do effectively if at all. Hence the increase of stress related absences and consequent increasing churn of employees.

I had someone cry at me today because she was asked to da a job by our boss. the fact that she said she would do this exact same job last week didnt seem to factor into it. she cries at least 3 times a week at work."

Sadly emotional intelligence is not something that is emphasised as a development need from childhood onwards. Instead modern society is regressive in it's approach to its development. It is seen as superfluous in the workplace, as the link to bottom line benefits is not direct. However emotional intelligence is now considered the most critical indicator of an individual's in job performance.

over a year ago

I've spent most of my working life dealing with customers in some way shape or form, and have had one customer in my face telling me he was going to set fire to the pub I was living in because he'd lost his bag and was accusing me of stealing it. Yes it was frustrating, but my focus was on keeping him away from my other customers until the police arrived. I could have spent the rest of the night bitching and moaning but then all my customers would have wandered to another pub down the road. At the end of the day when you are in a customer service position, you are there to provide customers with good service. Whinge to colleagues when out of earshot by all means, but upsetting your other customers with a sour face just means they won't come back, and they certainly won't be tipping you!

That doesn't mean though that as a customer I won't complain if something is wrong because I don't want to upset someone who might be having a crappy day at work. I've been for a meal with my niece and she was served almost frozen chicken nuggets (they'd been pretty much dipped into the fryer), to say I wasn't happy is an understatement and I made that clear, without being rude or making it personal. Had the waitress have been flippant about it though because it wasn't her fault the chef hadn't done his job then my way of complaining might have been different and I may have created a scene.

So I guess what I'm trying to say is, when you're dealing with customers you can often set the tone of the conversation. If you come over as uninterested you'll get their back up as regardless of how small you think the issue is, to them it is an issue that needs to be resolved. You'll always get the odd arsehole who just wants a row regardless and you'll never please them, but why piss off the rest because one arsehole has been an arsehole!

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

"Dealing with the emotional stresses of work is something which most organisations don't do effectively if at all. Hence the increase of stress related absences and consequent increasing churn of employees.

I had someone cry at me today because she was asked to da a job by our boss. the fact that she said she would do this exact same job last week didnt seem to factor into it. she cries at least 3 times a week at work."

About 12 years ago I had a work placement who was shocked that she had to do the same things every day (opening the post, answering the phones - she also had different projects). She was keen to get back to school after her placement because "at least we get a different teacher every 50 minutes". She also told me that my problem was that I expected everyone to work to my standards. When I said that it was my job as CEO to set and maintain the standards she told me it was people like me that spoiled all the fun in life.

over a year ago

So that's a yes then

By *ee VianteWoman
over a year ago

I had someone cry at me today because she was asked to da a job by our boss. the fact that she said she would do this exact same job last week didnt seem to factor into it. she cries at least 3 times a week at work.

About 12 years ago I had a work placement who was shocked that she had to do the same things every day (opening the post, answering the phones - she also had different projects). She was keen to get back to school after her placement because "at least we get a different teacher every 50 minutes". She also told me that my problem was that I expected everyone to work to my standards. When I said that it was my job as CEO to set and maintain the standards she told me it was people like me that spoiled all the fun in life. "

It sounds like the placement was a resounding success as far as teaching her what to expect in a job. I wonder how she's doing now.

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

About 12 years ago I had a work placement who was shocked that she had to do the same things every day (opening the post, answering the phones - she also had different projects). She was keen to get back to school after her placement because "at least we get a different teacher every 50 minutes". She also told me that my problem was that I expected everyone to work to my standards. When I said that it was my job as CEO to set and maintain the standards she told me it was people like me that spoiled all the fun in life.

It sounds like the placement was a resounding success as far as teaching her what to expect in a job. I wonder how she's doing now."

I hope she is doing well. Most of the people who have worked with me over the years have ended up doing really well. Many have remained in contact, just not this one.

over a year ago

evesham

It sounds like the placement was a resounding success as far as teaching her what to expect in a job. I wonder how she's doing now.

I hope she is doing well. Most of the people who have worked with me over the years have ended up doing really well. Many have remained in contact, just not this one.

"

can i work for you

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

"

can i work for you "

Course you can. We just need to fix the typo issues.

over a year ago

evesham

"

can i work for you

Course you can. We just need to fix the typo issues.

i will try my bestest

"

By *r-UniqueMan
over a year ago

Carmarthenshire

Severe example coming and it did happen. The person I know annoys me a lot. However they didn't deserve this.

2 customers at a till. Colleague starts talking to the one she's serving and doesn't take long either and it's smiles all round. She asks that customer before she served the second customer how someone she knows is doing and was told by them they died a week ago. The colleague in questions turned from a happy woman into an emotional mess in seconds and as she was about to burst into tears. She got a colleague on the till to serve the second customer. When things "calmed down". The customer second in the queue (one after the one she was serving who told her the news). Put in a compliant in to the department manager saying she should have been more professional. Kept her emotions under control until she wasn't serving a customer or asked to go upstairs and kept her emotions in check before she got there as no customer should witness that. When I heard the news. I was like . I don't care what anyone says. We're all human and in some circumstances. Even though I agree with not treating future customers like your previous ones have treated you. Some emotions must be shown somewhere. Maybe have a joke about the previous one with the new one. Yes there are limits of how you should act, but everyone has limits and everyone shows that "bad side" somewhere. Even if it's just in body language.

By *ee VianteWoman
over a year ago

can i work for you "

I already do. I was paid in advance, in food

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

can i work for you

I already do. I was paid in advance, in food "

I'm still waiting for the report on the office, young lady.

over a year ago

evesham

"Severe example coming and it did happen. The person I know annoys me a lot. However they didn't deserve this.

2 customers at a till. Colleague starts talking to the one she's serving and doesn't take long either and it's smiles all round. She asks that customer before she served the second customer how someone she knows is doing and was told by them they died a week ago. The colleague in questions turned from a happy woman into an emotional mess in seconds and as she was about to burst into tears. She got a colleague on the till to serve the second customer. When things "calmed down". The customer second in the queue (one after the one she was serving who told her the news). Put in a compliant in to the department manager saying she should have been more professional. Kept her emotions under control until she wasn't serving a customer or asked to go upstairs and kept her emotions in check before she got there as no customer should witness that. When I heard the news. I was like . I don't care what anyone says. We're all human and in some circumstances. Even though I agree with not treating future customers like your previous ones have treated you. Some emotions must be shown somewhere. Maybe have a joke about the previous one with the new one. Yes there are limits of how you should act, but everyone has limits and everyone shows that "bad side" somewhere. Even if it's just in body language.

"

thats completely different to what we are talking about though. she did act professionally by asking someone else to serve. she didn't take her emotions out on anyone.

what you were talking about before was people being sullen and sulky because they didn't like their job, noting to do with getting upset for personal reasons.

I anything her boss should have made sure that she was ready to be serving on the tills.

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

"Severe example coming and it did happen. The person I know annoys me a lot. However they didn't deserve this.

"

The customer service tales you have posted over the last year leave me thinking you work for the most dramatic and emotional organisation ever.

Obviously if someone gets devastating news there will be emotional leakage. The customer may well make a complaint. The issue is then what the manager does about it and how that is handled.

What was being referred to earlier on this thread was people showing their disinterest in their jobs and that coming across to the customer.

By *ophieslutTV/TS
over a year ago

Central

I expect to receive what Ive paid for appropriately. If it is sub standard or the contract has been breached, then I am clear, respectful and communicate directly. If organisations want my money, then they need to fulfil their obligations. The staff who deal with me may be trained in distraction techniques, but I always remain focused on my point, and bring them back to it. I let trivia go, and most people dont register their lack of satisfaction enough. But serious short comings need to be addressed - my money is not a free lottery win for lousy inadequate crap service. It is good to be aware of your rights and contract law, so that you can present from a position of strength. Ive nothing but respect for customer service staff, they are not the wrong doers.

over a year ago

Good luck with complaining to anyone who has a "Complaints and Compliments Policy" eg my council.

They only like the latter so be creative.

By *atelotmanMan
over a year ago

Chatham

My ex had a great way of complaining in the supermarket,when the checkout girl spent 10 minutes chatting to her friend about where they were going that night.After twice trying to get her attention an get a dirty look from the girls. She loaded the belt with the trolly of food,about £100 worth,an then walked out.The look on the girl faces was wonderful.

over a year ago

Who ever said "customer is always right" never worked in retail.

I hate people who complain for the sake of it, my ex mother in law used to do it all the time.

over a year ago

No, not at all . . . . However, I'm not entirely happy with. . .

over a year ago

"My ex had a great way of complaining in the supermarket,when the checkout girl spent 10 minutes chatting to her friend about where they were going that night.After twice trying to get her attention an get a dirty look from the girls. She loaded the belt with the trolly of food,about £100 worth,an then walked out.The look on the girl faces was wonderful."

These days you be arrested for shop lifting

over a year ago

If there's something worth complaining about, fair enough. But those who set out to complain to expect something in return or for just the fun of it, are 'a rat's arse'.

Had a lady complain about me for leaning on her car, when I challenged her for using her mobile phone whilst on the forecourt - obviously, she wasn't getting anywhere with the original complaint - accusing me of embarrassing her.

Sorry dear for putting fingermarks on you car whilst shutting the door for you!

P

over a year ago

"I'd like to register my complaint about this thread. "

I've been hanging in for 14 hours now and no one has responded to my complaint. Customer services around here are shoddy to say the least.

over a year ago

I'm an excellent complaining, clear to the point and don't lose your temper, if your polite but firm the people are more likely to want to help you, also if your on a complaints line let them know that you understand it's not there fault personally and try to be nice,

Post new Message to Thread