Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Profiles

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Ok, I have a stupidly long profile, but I feel its necissary. Girls, do you have long profiles? Guys, do you actually read them?

I've added a short bit at the beginning of mine for people who can't be bothered to read the whole thing, but now I sound like a complete twat xD

I hate repeating myself in messages, and I'm sick of hearing the same stupid questions over and over again.

Suggestions, anyone?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

over a year ago

Oops, necessary*

By *yrdwomanWoman
over a year ago

Putting the 'cum' in Eboracum

I keep my profile as short as possible while trying to get across what I am after. I thought there was no point in slaving over a long profile as no-one reads them anyway.

By *emmefataleWoman
over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

Filters. Filters. Filters. Ignore. Ignore. Ignore.

over a year ago

"I keep my profile as short as possible while trying to get across what I am after. I thought there was no point in slaving over a long profile as no-one reads them anyway."

Your profile is brilliant xD witty and to the point. Do you still get morons messaging you with stupid questions, though?

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Always read profiles and messages but amazed at how many people don't. I think the more info the better and I have noticed that quite a few complain about not getting any messages and when you take a look they have a six word profile and no pics...strange that !

Lee.

over a year ago

"Filters. Filters. Filters. Ignore. Ignore. Ignore."

I have all the filters on xD and ignoring just gets me 'have I done something wrong?' messages, so I have a block list a mile long :/

over a year ago

Mine is very to the point

over a year ago

I have a long profile too, some people really appreciate it and it helps me stand (apparently) whereas others who message me clearly haven't bothered reading it. I previously had a short profile, I was kind of going for the 'short and snappy' sort of style rather than an essay but apparently it wasn't detailed enough.

I think it just varies from person to person.

over a year ago

"Mine is very to the point "

Wow! Very to the point! xD Love it!

By *yrdwomanWoman
over a year ago

Putting the 'cum' in Eboracum

"I keep my profile as short as possible while trying to get across what I am after. I thought there was no point in slaving over a long profile as no-one reads them anyway.

Your profile is brilliant xD witty and to the point. Do you still get morons messaging you with stupid questions, though? "

I took myself off search last year and never regretted it. If I want a meet I go looking, but I do get the odd strange message even now.

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

little house on the praire

Mine is average length and i know if they have read it or not

By *ScotsmanMan
over a year ago

ayrshire

I dont know the question its too long

over a year ago

"Ok, I have a stupidly long profile, but I feel its necissary. Girls, do you have long profiles? Guys, do you actually read them?

I've added a short bit at the beginning of mine for people who can't be bothered to read the whole thing, but now I sound like a complete twat xD

I hate repeating myself in messages, and I'm sick of hearing the same stupid questions over and over again.

Suggestions, anyone?"

yep yours

Is certainly long . But did read it

over a year ago

Someone messaged me once telling me they hadn't read the profile but the pics were awesome

I loved the honesty

Mine is too long but im not bothered,it says what I want it to say for now

over a year ago

"I have a long profile too, some people really appreciate it and it helps me stand (apparently) whereas others who message me clearly haven't bothered reading it. I previously had a short profile, I was kind of going for the 'short and snappy' sort of style rather than an essay but apparently it wasn't detailed enough.

I think it just varies from person to person. "

Yours is almost as long as mine xD

over a year ago

"Mine is very to the point

Wow! Very to the point! xD Love it!"

Thanks

over a year ago

"Mine is average length and i know if they have read it or not"
Mine is average length too . And my profile

over a year ago

"Suggestions, anyone? yep yours

Is certainly long . But did read it "

Is the bit in capitals at the beginning necessary/helpful? Or should I just delete it?x

over a year ago

Is the bit in capitals at the beginning necessary/helpful? Or should I just delete it?x"

well if you want them to read it all then I would not have it there .

By *o new WinksMan
over a year ago

BSE

"I keep my profile as short as possible while trying to get across what I am after. I thought there was no point in slaving over a long profile as no-one reads them anyway."

I liked your profile when I read it....and just reread it.

I actually read every profile if I am interested in someone. Find it fascinating

over a year ago

Your profile looks fine to me babe, fancy adding me to your friends list

over a year ago

Is the bit in capitals at the beginning necessary/helpful? Or should I just delete it?x well if you want them to read it all then I would not have it there . "

I don't really like it , but only just put it up so I haven't had a chance to try it out yet. On my old profile I tried the "Insert this word in the subject title" but got bored of that xD

aaaah I don't know what to do

By *oxy_minxWoman
over a year ago

Scotland - Aberdeen

Mine is long, but it has to be, those that read it do compliment it mostly to be honest, though I did add a short one liner at the top for the one's who can't be arsed (normally the one's I wouldn't be interested in anyway)

over a year ago

we think ours is quite clear in what we are after, but even with filters and the best will in the world you will always get text skippers that only look at the pics then wink or request then wonder why they get politely shot down. as annoying as it is its sometimes easier to read the message and if it looks like they are after different things 'not for us' or block

over a year ago

Makes me laugh when ladies put " insert this word to prove youve read it " . Us males are very bright and just skip to the bottom and see the word lol

over a year ago

I dont read long profiles.. I skip them.. I like the short ones lol.

over a year ago

"Mine is long, but it has to be, those that read it do compliment it mostly to be honest, though I did add a short one liner at the top for the one's who can't be arsed (normally the one's I wouldn't be interested in anyway) "

I like yours! Does the one liner at the top help?

over a year ago

"Makes me laugh when ladies put " insert this word to prove youve read it " . Us males are very bright and just skip to the bottom and see the word lol "

If you tip your head to one side you can see the code word with your left eye as your right starts perving the pics

over a year ago

"Makes me laugh when ladies put " insert this word to prove youve read it " . Us males are very bright and just skip to the bottom and see the word lol "

Mine was hidden in the middle :P

over a year ago

Mine is very short and concise, even so it's not always read. I also have filters firmly in place. I've got to say, on the whole, it works very well for me.

By *rightonsteveMan
over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

I had some profile advice from Tina Titz. Bloody cheeky mare! Told her to stuff it in sideways

She wasn't subtle enough to gently hint, imply or even suggest that my profile was too long. She said it in the first sentence "steve, I'm sorry, it's too long" COR! I thought "ya boring drone-like profile*" she clarified. So I shortened it. And put a one liner so people didn't have to read it all. I also removed the code words at the end which were "you look fucking hot" cos I just ended up getting excited at the message title and then saddened at the message content.

*not those exact words but the meaning is similar.

By *oxy_minxWoman
over a year ago

Scotland - Aberdeen

"Mine is long, but it has to be, those that read it do compliment it mostly to be honest, though I did add a short one liner at the top for the one's who can't be arsed (normally the one's I wouldn't be interested in anyway)

I like yours! Does the one liner at the top help?"

I don't get as many youngsters or marrieds contacting me now, so I think it does to a certain extent

over a year ago

"Makes me laugh when ladies put " insert this word to prove youve read it " . Us males are very bright and just skip to the bottom and see the word lol

Mine was hidden in the middle :P "

ahhh thats sneaky

over a year ago

Thank you all for your advice its nice to know I'm not the only one with a long profile! I think I'll keep my one liner for now and see how I get on!

Thanks again, everyone! xD

By *rightonsteveMan
over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

On a more solomn note: I'm friends with myself, hotlisted myself, winked at myself, messaged myself and answered myself. I am indeed, officially, a sad git.

By *ScotsmanMan
over a year ago

ayrshire

I suppose its big but my profile is tiny

over a year ago

"On a more solomn note: I'm friends with myself, hotlisted myself, winked at myself, messaged myself and answered myself. I am indeed, officially, a sad git. "

Nope you are only part way there, it's when you arrange a meet with yourself and send a last minute excuse you can be officially, a sad git

OP, sorry for my non-constructive piss taking, I am in that sort of mood Bottom line is it's your profile, if anyone is genuinely interested then they would read it all.

over a year ago

When I do have profile text it's just the bare minimun and actually says nothing about me. My profile (this one and my other longer version) is designed to put people off mailing. Crap pics and crap text.

I prefer to go looking for people so I just say what I want to say in mails to them.

over a year ago

With a username like yours Sammi I would have been very surprised if yuor profile had been short & sweet

over a year ago

"With a username like yours Sammi I would have been very surprised if yuor profile had been short & sweet "

Its long and bitchy instead xD

By *inaTitzTV/TS
over a year ago

Titz Towers, North Notts

"I had some profile advice from Tina Titz. Bloody cheeky mare! Told her to stuff it in sideways

She wasn't subtle enough to gently hint, imply or even suggest that my profile was too long. She said it in the first sentence "steve, I'm sorry, it's too long" COR! I thought "ya boring drone-like profile*" she clarified. So I shortened it. And put a one liner so people didn't have to read it all. I also removed the code words at the end which were "you look fucking hot" cos I just ended up getting excited at the message title and then saddened at the message content.

*not those exact words but the meaning is similar. "

I think you mean my sage words of advice and counsel

I've gone for humour on mine. I am considering a new one, but between the skits based on Mastermind, a UserGuide and what I have now, I'm still thinking it over.

over a year ago

I think if someone takes the time to write it you should attempt read it... It should help you determine better if there is likely a mutual interest... Or indeed not as the case may be.

E.

over a year ago

"With a username like yours Sammi I would have been very surprised if yuor profile had been short & sweet

Its long and bitchy instead xD"

I've seen bitchier

over a year ago

"I think if someone takes the time to write it you should attempt read it... It should help you determine better if there is likely a mutual interest... Or indeed not as the case may be.

E."

By *igeiaWoman
over a year ago

Bristol

I always read profiles before messaging or deciding whether or not and how to respond to a message. It's normally obvious if people have done me the same courtesy. I don't mind a long profile if I enjoy reading it. Saying that, I do read fast and as for my own I am not blessed with brevity but it is at least shorter than it used to be!

over a year ago

Think my profile needs improvement but not sure what to put

over a year ago

Some guys have long profiles too!

By *odareyouMan
over a year ago

not far from iceland,,,,,, tescos is nearer though :-) (near leeds)

I think mines pretty long,

the profile is as well,

By *londeCazWoman
over a year ago

Arse End of the Universe, Cumbria

Mine is embarrassingly long but I think my sense of humour mostly comes across in it, I've only ever had one message where a gentleman (and I use that term in the loosest possible manner ) stated he wasn't gonna read War and Peace to get a shag...anyone who reads the first coupla lines and sends me a joke gets a response, anyone else doesn't...it works fine for me so I'll leave it as is until I stop getting laid often and spectacularly

By *nigmatic1Woman
over a year ago

A seaside town near you!

Mine used to be very long but the lovely and very talented Tina Titz helped me rewrite it so now it's a lot shorter but still to the point! I still wonder if folks read it though ha ha!

over a year ago

We always read the profiles and the 'T's & C's' as we call it - the height age etc bit - and the interests bit. C is getting better at looking at the smoker/non smoker bit, rather than just perving pics. He's a bloke though... His brain sometimes sinks to his groin.

By *enny PR9TV/TS
over a year ago

Southport

I might have one of the longest profiles on here, but then at the end of the day it gets me the meets that I want.

And I still attract the guys who just look at the pretty pictures.

Jenny. xxx

By *Ryan-Man
over a year ago

In Your Bush

If it's short I will read it, if it's long I can't be bothered a lot of the time. It doesn't make any difference though as I wouldn't be messaging them.

However, if someone sends me a message I will always read their profile fully.

over a year ago

Pics first

Like the pics, read the profile

No pics at all, no read

Pics we don't like, no read

over a year ago

Don't write your profile for the men you don't want to meet...write it for the men you do want to meet. You should find that shortens it considerably lol

Then, with all the unsuitable messages, just don't answer any of them. If you take the time to answer you're only wasting their time in reading it and giving them a slither of hope that you might still chat with them if they carry on messaging you. Don't block them until they either become a nuisance or nasty...as they may decide to try writing to you again with a more suitable effort

over a year ago

Think our own covers most bases without being too wordy or too specific about the whys, wherefores, do's, don'ts, musts, must nots etc

Am sure we all have em : just different ways of gettin them out there.

over a year ago

"Don't write your profile for the men you don't want to meet...write it for the men you do want to meet. You should find that shortens it considerably lol

Then, with all the unsuitable messages, just don't answer any of them. If you take the time to answer you're only wasting their time in reading it and giving them a slither of hope that you might still chat with them if they carry on messaging you. Don't block them until they either become a nuisance or nasty...as they may decide to try writing to you again with a more suitable effort "

Nice ideas xD

By *atelotmanMan
over a year ago

Chatham

I don't read any profiles till Ive checked the age range to see if Im in it,if I am then will read it fully.If Im out side the will not bother an move on.

By *ire_bladeMan
over a year ago

Manchester

Mines stupidly long to but I think if any1 bother reading it there's some humour in it well I think so anyway

As for me reading profile yes I normally do especially the funny 1s yes I no im sad but hey I work long shifts it passes the time

over a year ago

My profile is short like me

By *ire_bladeMan
over a year ago

Manchester

"My profile is short like me "

Short an to the point but boo no pics to perv

By *udistnorthantsMan
over a year ago

Desborough

"My profile is short like me

Short an to the point but boo no pics to perv "

over a year ago

thats not true, more than half the people who message us dont put it and it shows they clearly havent read our profile so i dont even bother reading the messages unless the little snippet really catches my eye, which isnt often lol - miss jay

By *opinovMan
over a year ago

Point Nemo, Cumbria

"Suggestions, anyone?"

Your profile looks alright to me. Neither offputting nor overly demanding.

If anyone's guilty of rambling on in their profile, it's me.

Post new Message to Thread