Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

We’re only making plans for Nigel…

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

So it now seems a newly elected UKIP councillor has just been suspended by the party pending an internal investigation into allegations suggesting that amongst other things he's a practicing racist homophobe ….

Pffffft,,,,,,

I never saw that one coming...

(closed, thread got too big)

Reply privately

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I don't know what it is about UKIP that attracts those sort of people to represent the party and spread their good word

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I don't know what it is about UKIP that attracts those sort of people to represent the party and spread their good word "

Its unfathomable...

I have no explanation for it at all...

Reply privately

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

"I don't know what it is about UKIP that attracts those sort of people to represent the party and spread their good word

Its unfathomable...

I have no explanation for it at all... "

All those people who put their faith in that person by casting their vote too. You would hope that the electorate would get just one day of work of out their elected member.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I don't know what it is about UKIP that attracts those sort of people to represent the party and spread their good word

Its unfathomable...

I have no explanation for it at all...

All those people who put their faith in that person by casting their vote too. You would hope that the electorate would get just one day of work of out their elected member.

"

Hey some people work fast,,,,

I mean like perhaps his job is now done and he has nothing left to offer,,,

Reply privately

By *unky monkeyMan
over a year ago

in the night garden

lol

Don't worry come the general election they will be in a very distant 5th position due to a lack of any sort of hint that they can run a country.

Hello UKIP what is your policy on the NHS? - erm remove eastern Europeans from country.

OK what are your plans for funding local councils post austerity measures? - erm remove eastern Europeans from country.

Hmmmmm so what about Scottish independence? They are foreigners, we are removing them from our country.

etc.

Reply privately

By *inaTitzTV/TS
over a year ago

Titz Towers, North Notts

I'm gobsmacked.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"lol

Don't worry come the general election they will be in a very distant 5th position due to a lack of any sort of hint that they can run a country.

Hello UKIP what is your policy on the NHS? - erm remove eastern Europeans from country.

OK what are your plans for funding local councils post austerity measures? - erm remove eastern Europeans from country.

Hmmmmm so what about Scottish independence? They are foreigners, we are removing them from our country.

etc."

Hell they have my vote then!!!!!!

Reply privately

By *yrdwomanWoman
over a year ago

Putting the 'cum' in Eboracum

Shocked, shocked I tell you! However as the people who voted for UKIP are as savoury as their new representatives I am sure they'll be cheering them on.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"lol

etc."

Oh does that mean visiting Scotland is like going abroad,,,..... phwarrrrrr I'm abroad..... how exotic am I eh!!!

Reply privately

By *igeiaWoman
over a year ago

Bristol

Good grief, I was not expecting such behaviour from a member of a party known for its inclusivity and desire to represent the views of literally everyone in Britain!

Reply privately

over a year ago

Had to laugh but Nick Griffen has called UKIP racist...

Reply privately

By *unky monkeyMan
over a year ago

in the night garden

"lol

etc.

Oh does that mean visiting Scotland is like going abroad,,,..... phwarrrrrr I'm abroad..... how exotic am I eh!!! "

Yeah totally! Plus everything is cheaper because it's foreign.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Had to laugh but Nick Griffen has called UKIP racist... "

Seriously? Ffs

Reply privately

over a year ago

"lol

etc.

Oh does that mean visiting Scotland is like going abroad,,,..... phwarrrrrr I'm abroad..... how exotic am I eh!!! "

Have a look in the shops and see if they do cadbury's fingres

Reply privately

By *issHottieBottieWoman
over a year ago

Kent

"lol

etc.

Oh does that mean visiting Scotland is like going abroad,,,..... phwarrrrrr I'm abroad..... how exotic am I eh!!!

Have a look in the shops and see if they do cadbury's fingres "

Haha!!!!! Peter Kaye!

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Had to laugh but Nick Griffen has called UKIP racist...

Seriously? Ffs "

On MSN news, lol

Reply privately

over a year ago

Don't bother mentioning the Liebour Councillor Claire Baldwin charged with Benefit fraud then? Nothing about the 9 Liebour Councillors in North London who left the party because they said they were racist.

We saw how Clegg got hammered on TV by Farage. If you take on a UKIPPer on economic & political arguement you will lose. That's why they smear us with accusations of racism. Too thick to debate properly basically.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Don't bother mentioning the Liebour Councillor Claire Baldwin charged with Benefit fraud then? Nothing about the 9 Liebour Councillors in North London who left the party because they said they were racist.

We saw how Clegg got hammered on TV by Farage. If you take on a UKIPPer on economic & political arguement you will lose. That's why they smear us with accusations of racism. Too thick to debate properly basically. "

So its not true then?

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Don't bother mentioning the Liebour Councillor Claire Baldwin charged with Benefit fraud then? Nothing about the 9 Liebour Councillors in North London who left the party because they said they were racist.

We saw how Clegg got hammered on TV by Farage. If you take on a UKIPPer on economic & political arguement you will lose. That's why they smear us with accusations of racism. Too thick to debate properly basically. "

But it's not a smear campaign ,,, ....

its UKIP themselves who've taken this action to suspend one of their own members,,,,,....... "

yikes,,,,,

Reply privately

By *ENGUYMan
over a year ago

Hull

"Had to laugh but Nick Griffen has called UKIP racist...

Seriously? Ffs

On MSN news, lol"

Yes, been in all the papers too! Hypocrit!

Reply privately

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

The Claire Baldwin story was over three years ago. Why would it be relevant to a thread about a recent election and someone only being in post for under a week?

Debate properly might include calling Labour Labour and not Liebour, for instance. Or is that smearing less thick?

Reply privately

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

We saw how Clegg got hammered on TV by Farage. If you take on a UKIPPer on economic & political arguement you will lose. That's why they smear us with accusations of racism. Too thick to debate properly basically.

its UKIP themselves who've taken this action to suspend one of their own members,,,,,....... "

yikes,,,,, "

The response should be, once again, good on UKIP for getting rid of the bad apples.

If they say it or if someone else says it it still boils down to the fact that racist individuals are in the party and making themselves and their views known.

Reply privately

over a year ago

The Liebour party lie about everything. That's why I call them Liebour. So what if the Claire Baldwin case is 3 years old, she's in court in a short time for stealing from the tax-payers, so totally relevant.

Reply privately

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

"The Liebour party lie about everything. That's why I call them Liebour. So what if the Claire Baldwin case is 3 years old, she's in court in a short time for stealing from the tax-payers, so totally relevant."

I see there is no point in having a debate.

Reply privately

over a year ago

yikes,,,,, "

Ah so it is true then

Reply privately

over a year ago

I always felt the collective voice of UKIP would emerge as a rather fractured language once it had to represent more than just the views of good'ol Nigel.....

Reply privately

By *isscheekychopsWoman
over a year ago

The land of grey peas and bacon

"The Liebour party lie about everything. That's why I call them Liebour. So what if the Claire Baldwin case is 3 years old, she's in court in a short time for stealing from the tax-payers, so totally relevant.

I see there is no point in having a debate."

Clearly the man doesn't like labour

Reply privately

By *yrdwomanWoman
over a year ago

"The Liebour party lie about everything. That's why I call them Liebour. So what if the Claire Baldwin case is 3 years old, she's in court in a short time for stealing from the tax-payers, so totally relevant.

I see there is no point in having a debate."

UKIP supporters can't very well defend racist and homophobic behaviour in public (however much they agree with it), so they have to attack other MPs to deflect attention.

Reply privately

over a year ago

UKIP supporters can't very well defend racist and homophobic behaviour in public (however much they agree with it), so they have to attack other MPs to deflect attention."

Ahh but no doubt it's just one rogue party member and reflects neither their, nor their parties views!

Reply privately

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

Clearly the man doesn't like labour "

I got that. I wonder what sort of response I would get if I prefaced every mention of UKIP with the word xenophobic?

Reply privately

over a year ago

The left wing's attempts to patronise UKIP are partly why they have had so much success.

The other parties should be asking "Why are people turning their backs on us and throwing their weight behind UKIP?" rather than continuing to condemn them as racists etc.

Reply privately

By *picyspiregirlCouple
over a year ago

chesterfield

Another one! There were 17 councillors either arrested or in court last week too. Trust no one.

Reply privately

By *yrdwomanWoman
over a year ago

UKIP supporters can't very well defend racist and homophobic behaviour in public (however much they agree with it), so they have to attack other MPs to deflect attention.

Ahh but no doubt it's just one rogue party member and reflects neither their, nor their parties views!"

But of course!

Reply privately

over a year ago

ukip dont got an mp so cant win it lol.

Reply privately

over a year ago

So you think that UKIP have a monopoly on bad councillors do you? I think that you should look at the other parties too.

All the debates about UKIP being racist is because you would be thrashed in an intellectual debate & you know it. That's why we get the smears.

I don't want to be ruled over by a foreign dictatorship. That doesn't make me racist.

Reply privately

over a year ago

If Ukip sent everyone home who wasn't born here my town would be a ghost town. I would be a lone lonely loner

Reply privately

over a year ago

"The left wing's attempts to patronise UKIP are partly why they have had so much success.

The other parties should be asking "Why are people turning their backs on us and throwing their weight behind UKIP?" rather than continuing to condemn them as racists etc."

I condemn racism wherever it rears it ugly head,,

Reply privately

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

Ahh but no doubt it's just one rogue party member and reflects neither their, nor their parties views!"

And the same could be argued for the one (or rather odd) party member being done for benefit fraud. Picking off people individually doesn't gain us much. It is, however, very unusual for a party to disown someone immediately they get themselves elected.

As for party politics generally, it is structural and all of their structures have built in racism and sexism. This is evident in the low numbers of women and black people holding offices within the parties. UKIP is no different in that regard.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Even william hague said we should be very worried about ukip lol.

Reply privately

By *yrdwomanWoman
over a year ago

"If Ukip sent everyone home who wasn't born here my town would be a ghost town. I would be a lone lonely loner "

Bit of a surprise them doing so well in York, as York is hardly a hotbed of migrant workers and workshy layabouts. Perhaps its the homosexuals that drove them over the edge.

Reply privately

By *issHottieBottieWoman
over a year ago

Kent

"If Ukip sent everyone home who wasn't born here my town would be a ghost town. I would be a lone lonely loner "

There are very few Eastern Europeans in my town but 10/15 miles in either direction there's loads.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"The left wing's attempts to patronise UKIP are partly why they have had so much success.

The other parties should be asking "Why are people turning their backs on us and throwing their weight behind UKIP?" rather than continuing to condemn them as racists etc.

"

Well done, it is a disgusting thing. However, there is a genuine widespread concern for many British people regarding immigration. That does not make people racist and the allegations of UKIP voters being racists only makes people more pissed off at being belittled and more likely to vote for them. If the other parties didn't dance around the issue for fear of upsetting anyone then UKIP would be an irrelevance. I know plenty of people who voted for UKIP purely because the left wing's media witchhunt against Farage and his party.

It's not an issue unique to the UK, as the results in France and Denmark prove.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"If Ukip sent everyone home who wasn't born here my town would be a ghost town. I would be a lone lonely loner

Bit of a surprise them doing so well in York, as York is hardly a hotbed of migrant workers and workshy layabouts. Perhaps its the homosexuals that drove them over the edge."

Had any thunderstorms lately?

Reply privately

By *yrdwomanWoman
over a year ago

"If Ukip sent everyone home who wasn't born here my town would be a ghost town. I would be a lone lonely loner

Bit of a surprise them doing so well in York, as York is hardly a hotbed of migrant workers and workshy layabouts. Perhaps its the homosexuals that drove them over the edge.

Had any thunderstorms lately?"

No, but flooding in York is normal. Now we know why!

Reply privately

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

Bit of a surprise them doing so well in York, as York is hardly a hotbed of migrant workers and workshy layabouts. Perhaps its the homosexuals that drove them over the edge."

See Tony Travers's (LSE) analysis of why UKIP does well in areas where there are fewer migrant workers.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Even william hague said we should be very worried about ukip lol."

I'm worried about them.... pffffft.....

Pah,,,,,no I'm not !!!..... tee-hee....

Reply privately

over a year ago

Fear of catching it maybe

Reply privately

By *ibbyhunterCouple
over a year ago

keighley

boris johnson today said the results was like a peasants revolt, nice to know what the tory's really think about the british working class.

Reply privately

over a year ago

UKIP isn't going to start sending people back unless they're criminals. We are where we are, but we cannot Govern the country properly without border controls. Tony B.Liar said today that UKIP were unpleasant. So that's a great endorsement from someone who has lied & lied & lied again & again.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"lol

etc."

Actually their policy on NHS is for whole scale privatisation but they avoid shouting that out

Reply privately

By *picyspiregirlCouple
over a year ago

chesterfield

Is that what UKIP are saying they will do? If so I am going to warn my family!

Reply privately

over a year ago

You lot are really naive if you think that the NHS isn't being privatised already. Labour were doing that years ago & the Tories are doing it now.

Anyway, it's not for us voters to decide anything on the NHS. It's up to our masters in Brussels to decide what they want to do with the NHS.

Reply privately

By *yrdwomanWoman
over a year ago

Well done, it is a disgusting thing. However, there is a genuine widespread concern for many British people regarding immigration. That does not make people racist and the allegations of UKIP voters being racists only makes people more pissed off at being belittled and more likely to vote for them. If the other parties didn't dance around the issue for fear of upsetting anyone then UKIP would be an irrelevance. I know plenty of people who voted for UKIP purely because the left wing's media witchhunt against Farage and his party.

It's not an issue unique to the UK, as the results in France and Denmark prove."

But what the people voting for right wing parties don't understand is that these parties are preying on our insecurities, and not giving us the facts. The percentage of immigrants in this country is said by the media and various MPs to be 30%. It's actually 3%, but people don't want to hear that. They want to believe that the reason why they can't get a high paid job is because the brown people are taking them, not because they aren't qualified for it.

I would respect voters of UKIP and other far right parties a lot more if they admitted the reason why they voted, and not accusing other voters of being lily livered bleeding heart liberals. Some of us worry as much as you lot, but know that making us a whites only non-player in global economics will certainly ruin us.

Reply privately

By *yrdwomanWoman
over a year ago

"boris johnson today said the results was like a peasants revolt, nice to know what the tory's really think about the british working class."

I think that's more what BoJo thinks about Britons, not necessarily the rest of his party (although I wouldn't be surprised).

Reply privately

By *MaleMan
over a year ago

Funny as feck. When people wander away from tory fiddlers, the labour liars and the rubber spined liberals they get called racists, facists, bigots etc. How dare they have an opinion that doesnt conform

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Funny as feck. When people wander away from tory fiddlers, the labour liars and the rubber spined liberals they get called racists, facists, bigots etc. How dare they have an opinion that doesnt conform "

But what's life without whimsy....

Reply privately

By *picyspiregirlCouple
over a year ago

chesterfield

I think hs2 is a complete waste of money and no one has said if it will be immune from leaves on the line. Am I racist?

Reply privately

over a year ago

I think fear is what drives people. The NHS is overloaded,as are schools. A baby boom with 1 in 4 mothers being from abroad. The country is expanding in populus but the government isn't expanding facilities or investing in manufacturing. People can't see how we are going to get out of this mess the Government got us in. I've lived in my Borough nearly all my life,seen it become more and more built up. It's as diverse as the league of nations. British people who now can't get their children into a local school because of overcrowding will blame the people not the Government who aren't building new schools. I would vote for a government who will invest in people like they promise. More manufacturing and less investing in overseas failed loans

Reply privately

By *r-UniqueMan
over a year ago

Carmarthenshire

"Funny as feck. When people wander away from tory fiddlers, the labour liars and the rubber spined liberals they get called racists, facists, bigots etc. How dare they have an opinion that doesnt conform "

Anyone read the latest interview involving his wife?

Reply privately

By *dwalu2Couple
over a year ago

Bristol

As we have demonstrated, there is no point trying to bring the actions of their elected representatives to the attention of UKIP supporters.

The reason for this is that UKIP is the party of the ignorant, the sexist, the racist, the xenophobic and the homophobic. Their elected representatives always embody at least one of these traits.

There is not one UKIP supporter who doesn't know this. They either don't care because they are proud of being one of the above themselves, or they have to pretend not to care and try to place the focus of conversation on the deficiencies of others, because they are too ashamed of being one of the above, and it allows them to 'excuse' their own prejudices.

All politicians are awful people, of course. 'Left', Right, they are all motivated by self interest and money. There are some who are far scummier than others, though...and that's how we get UKIP.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Well when they wonder to a right wing nationalist party...

Whose MEP's are happy to max out their expenses whilst doing naff all to actually benefit the nation.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Is that what UKIP are saying they will do? If so I am going to warn my family!"

you can hide in my cellar!

Reply privately

over a year ago

It's not an issue unique to the UK, as the results in France and Denmark prove.

But what the people voting for right wing parties don't understand is that these parties are preying on our insecurities, and not giving us the facts. The percentage of immigrants in this country is said by the media and various MPs to be 30%. It's actually 3%, but people don't want to hear that. They want to believe that the reason why they can't get a high paid job is because the brown people are taking them, not because they aren't qualified for it.

I would respect voters of UKIP and other far right parties a lot more if they admitted the reason why they voted, and not accusing other voters of being lily livered bleeding heart liberals. Some of us worry as much as you lot, but know that making us a whites only non-player in global economics will certainly ruin us."

It'd be naive to think "the brown people are taking our jobs" is the thinking behind a lot of the UKIP voters. Sure, I agree 100% there are racist people who voted for them. No question. There are also many who simply are concerned with the open door policy to immigration.

In my own city there are areas which, quite frankly, have been colonise by Roma gypsy people and crime ridden ghettos where underage prostitution is rife as are other criminal activities. Local people do feel intimidated to enter certain areas because they have been completely taken over by gypsy migrants from Bulgaria, Romania and Albania. Now there are plenty of hard working, honest Eastern Europeans - but the Roma people are not. I have a Bulgarian guy in my class at university who himself said 2 years ago that the biggest mistake the EU made was allowing those nations in as even the natives from those nations utterly despise the gypsies as they have no intentions to work, rather they'd rather beg and pick pocket. I know it's commonplace from the left wing to laugh off these concerns but it is a widespread concern in Western Europe that has to be addressed - with the UK, France and Denmark now all becoming increasingly right wing.

Anyone who wants to stop immigration is a fucking idiot to put it bluntly but at the same time the current system is massively flawed and it is creeping racial tensions, if anything.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Funny as feck. When people wander away from tory fiddlers, the labour liars and the rubber spined liberals they get called racists, facists, bigots etc. How dare they have an opinion that doesnt conform

Anyone read the latest interview involving his wife? "

Is that the one about not wanting Romanians living next door?

Reply privately

over a year ago

Ahh but no doubt it's just one rogue party member and reflects neither their, nor their parties views!

And the same could be argued for the one (or rather odd) party member being done for benefit fraud. Picking off people individually doesn't gain us much. It is, however, very unusual for a party to disown someone immediately they get themselves elected.

As for party politics generally, it is structural and all of their structures have built in racism and sexism. This is evident in the low numbers of women and black people holding offices within the parties. UKIP is no different in that regard.

"

Yes, all the parties were certainly found to have people nobbling money of the electorate somehow.

However, only the UKIP members are repeatedly found to be racist. That to me tells me something about what UKIP attracts. As good a leader as Farage is, it is the members of the party that determine the philosophy of the party. And it's members are apparently more prone to racist views than others. or certainly worse at keeping it quiet!

Reply privately

over a year ago

"So you think that UKIP have a monopoly on bad councillors do you? I think that you should look at the other parties too.

All the debates about UKIP being racist is because you would be thrashed in an intellectual debate & you know it. That's why we get the smears.

I don't want to be ruled over by a foreign dictatorship. That doesn't make me racist."

Reply privately

By *yrdwomanWoman
over a year ago

"As we have demonstrated, there is no point trying to bring the actions of their elected representatives to the attention of UKIP supporters.

The reason for this is that UKIP is the party of the ignorant, the sexist, the racist, the xenophobic and the homophobic. Their elected representatives always embody at least one of these traits.

There is not one UKIP supporter who doesn't know this. They either don't care because they are proud of being one of the above themselves, or they have to pretend not to care and try to place the focus of conversation on the deficiencies of others, because they are too ashamed of being one of the above, and it allows them to 'excuse' their own prejudices.

All politicians are awful people, of course. 'Left', Right, they are all motivated by self interest and money. There are some who are far scummier than others, though...and that's how we get UKIP.

"

Exactly

I've not seen one person on TV when asked why they voted UKIP saying anything apart from concerns about immigration. Nothing regarding the rest of the UKIP manifesto, which means they don't know what UKIP stands for apart from its anti-EU, anti-immigration stance.

Reply privately

By *himanMan
over a year ago

chichester

UKIP THE WAY FORWARD FOR THIS COUNTRY PEOPLE ARE FED TO THE BACK TEETH OF MAIN STREAM PARTIES !!!

Reply privately

By *dwalu2Couple
over a year ago

Bristol

UKIP supporters have at least learned to say 'I am concerned about immigration' rather than simply 'I don't like foreigns'.

That's the sort of real and tangible change they will become remembered for by the political historians of the future..

Reply privately

over a year ago

"As we have demonstrated, there is no point trying to bring the actions of their elected representatives to the attention of UKIP supporters.

"

Ah so you smear us. But you cannot argue on an intellectual level because you know that we would piss on your arguments from a great height. Just like Farage thrashed Clegg in the TV debate. I wouldn't bother getting involved in politics petal, it's obviously way above your station. Stick to soaps instead.

Reply privately

By *inaTitzTV/TS
over a year ago

Titz Towers, North Notts

UKIP is very negative. More a vote for what people don't want as opposed to what they do want.

Reply privately

By *picyspiregirlCouple
over a year ago

chesterfield

Yes, all the parties were certainly found to have people nobbling money of the electorate somehow.

However, only the UKIP members are repeatedly found to be racist. That to me tells me something about what UKIP attracts. As good a leader as Farage is, it is the members of the party that determine the philosophy of the party. And it's members are apparently more prone to racist views than others. or certainly worse at keeping it quiet!"

Just so you know, last week 5 Labour Party members resigned from the Middlesbrough Labour Party because they did not like the racist overtones of the branch.

The Labour Party have many other members who have said or posted online racist remarks. It is not unique to any party.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"UKIP supporters have at least learned to say 'I am concerned about immigration' rather than simply 'I don't like foreigns'.

That's the sort of real and tangible change they will become remembered for by the political historians of the future.."

These sort of patronising comments only increase resentment of the other parties and help UKIP more than anything.

I am concerned with the current immigration system in this country. I do like foreign people, we need immigration to stimulate the economy but the current policy is flawed. Surely that's clear enough.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Ah so you smear us. But you cannot argue on an intellectual level because you know that we would piss on your arguments from a great height. Just like Farage thrashed Clegg in the TV debate. I wouldn't bother getting involved in politics petal, it's obviously way above your station. Stick to soaps instead. "

Reply privately

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

Ah so you smear us. But you cannot argue on an intellectual level because you know that we would piss on your arguments from a great height. Just like Farage thrashed Clegg in the TV debate. I wouldn't bother getting involved in politics petal, it's obviously way above your station. Stick to soaps instead. "

Don't be so rude and sexist! You claim to have an intellectual stance on debating so use that.

Reply privately

By *picyspiregirlCouple
over a year ago

chesterfield

Ah so you smear us. But you cannot argue on an intellectual level because you know that we would piss on your arguments from a great height. Just like Farage thrashed Clegg in the TV debate. I wouldn't bother getting involved in politics petal, it's obviously way above your station. Stick to soaps instead.

Don't be so rude and sexist! You claim to have an intellectual stance on debating so use that.

"

Although I don't like what the chap has said, I believe there are mitigating circumstances.

Reply privately

over a year ago

She insulted UKIP & everyone associated with it. So I stuck the boot in. & give it her back. I prefer intellectual debate, but when I'm insulted I like to give it back!

Reply privately

over a year ago

"

Do you honestly think making posts like that adds credibility to your views,,,,

Reply privately

By *ScotsmanMan
over a year ago

ayrshire

All nationalities get on excellent where i stay we are all as one. . .and the guy is actually okay to talk to

Reply privately

By *dwalu2Couple
over a year ago

Bristol

You don't seem to recognise the irony of repeatedly boasting of your supposedly elevated intellectual level, while simultaneously demonstrating the paucity of your intellect.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"She insulted UKIP & everyone associated with it. So I stuck the boot in. & give it her back. I prefer intellectual debate, but when I'm insulted I like to give it back! "

Reply privately

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

Although I don't like what the chap has said, I believe there are mitigating circumstances."

I'm still waiting to see the intellectual arguments that would piss on other arguments from a great height. I see no mitigation.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"She insulted UKIP & everyone associated with it. So I stuck the boot in. & give it her back. I prefer intellectual debate, but when I'm insulted I like to give it back! "

Although you could've worded it a bit better, you were quite right to reply after being called scum.

Reply privately

By *yrdwomanWoman
over a year ago

"She insulted UKIP & everyone associated with it. So I stuck the boot in. & give it her back. I prefer intellectual debate, but when I'm insulted I like to give it back!

Although you could've worded it a bit better, you were quite right to reply after being called scum."

He wasn't called scum.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"

You don't seem to recognise the irony of repeatedly boasting of your supposedly elevated intellectual level, while simultaneously demonstrating the paucity of your intellect. "

Reply privately

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

And you have continually insulted Labour and others. Does that then give me a good enough reason to abandon manners and the rules of debating and just stick the boot in?

If you prefer intellectual debate then model that. As a brown person once said, be the change you want to see.

Reply privately

By *issHottieBottieWoman
over a year ago

Kent

Although I don't like what the chap has said, I believe there are mitigating circumstances.

I'm still waiting to see the intellectual arguments that would piss on other arguments from a great height. I see no mitigation.

"

I said similar on a thread the other day lickety. Some seem to just like to repeat the same sentence over and over..

Reply privately

By *picyspiregirlCouple
over a year ago

chesterfield

"

I don't see any arguments, let alone intellectual ones, being made from that direction, I have noticed a torrent of abuse, smears and insults over a few threads.

I believe he has mitigating circumstances. I respect your view though.

Reply privately

By *dwalu2Couple
over a year ago

Bristol

As pointed out above, UKIP supporters are in the habit of regularly having to excuse ugly behaviour. From their elected representatives down, it must just become second nature.

Reply privately

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

"She insulted UKIP & everyone associated with it. So I stuck the boot in. & give it her back. I prefer intellectual debate, but when I'm insulted I like to give it back!

Although you could've worded it a bit better, you were quite right to reply after being called scum."

Where was he called scum? Politicians we labelled as some being scummier than others. Nowhere did the post refer to an individual on this thread as scum.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Although you could've worded it a bit better, you were quite right to reply after being called scum.

He wasn't called scum."

You're right, I apologise. She called UKIP a scummy party, I misread it at first.

Reply privately

By *r-UniqueMan
over a year ago

Carmarthenshire

"UKIP supporters have at least learned to say 'I am concerned about immigration' rather than simply 'I don't like foreigns'.

That's the sort of real and tangible change they will become remembered for by the political historians of the future.."

What a load of crap that is. That's like saying of a someone says "I like a Mercedes". Then they are saying "I don't like any car that a high percent of people drive". People need to look at the facts. There is only so much space/land in every location. So saying "no" to someone does not make you a racist. Our hospitals, schools are maxed up as it is. Plus a lot of teachers/doctors and firefighters say they don't get paid enough. So by bringing in more people to this country. There are less jobs floating around, the ones that don't work get money from the state, which can be spent improving the things I have mentioned. I have worked with people with different nationality/race and religion. Did I treat them badly? No because they are people and I am not a racist.

Reply privately

By *issHottieBottieWoman
over a year ago

Kent

He wasn't called scum."

Correct. Politicians were called scum.

People just love to pick out bits of a post and have a rant though without reading the whole thing!

Reply privately

By *isscheekychopsWoman
over a year ago

See Tony Travers's (LSE) analysis of why UKIP does well in areas where there are fewer migrant workers."

To be fair in some areas of the Black Country there seems to be a huge Eastern European community and there seems well I go off people comments on facebook and groups about the area I live In which which support UKIP their comments usually spout how these people are entitled to benefits and housing as soon as they walk on the plane...I've given up trying to explain that you have to be eligible for housing and benefits and someone who steps off a plane from Eastern Europe are NOT entitled to either housing or benefits and new legislation that has come into force has made it harder for them to become eligible for assistance and they have to pay into the ecomony by working for a period of time...There are British people who have not worked a day in their life and have pretty much scrounged off benefits who think it's their god given right to have benefits and have social housing...both is a need and not a right...I think some comments regarding immigration is down to lack of knowledge regarding immigration...my mother is not English but she had paid into Britain like any other British person...she chooses to remain Danish...Knowledge is power in certain things and some have a lack of it..

Reply privately

By *yrdwomanWoman
over a year ago

He wasn't called scum.

You're right, I apologise. She called UKIP a scummy party, I misread it at first. "

Actually, they said this:

"All politicians are awful people, of course. 'Left', Right, they are all motivated by self interest and money. There are some who are far scummier than others, though...and that's how we get UKIP."

So the remark wasn't even specific to UKIP. Its saying how we get parties like UKIP - because some MPs are worse than others and turn the voters away from the mainstream and towards extremism.

Reply privately

By *isscheekychopsWoman
over a year ago

See Tony Travers's (LSE) analysis of why UKIP does well in areas where there are fewer migrant workers.

To be fair in some areas of the Black Country there seems to be a huge Eastern European community and there seems well I go off people comments on facebook and groups about the area I live In which which support UKIP their comments usually spout how these people are entitled to benefits and housing as soon as they walk on the plane...I've given up trying to explain that you have to be eligible for housing and benefits and someone who steps off a plane from Eastern Europe are NOT entitled to either housing or benefits and new legislation that has come into force has made it harder for them to become eligible for assistance and they have to pay into the ecomony by working for a period of time...There are British people who have not worked a day in their life and have pretty much scrounged off benefits who think it's their god given right to have benefits and have social housing...both is a need and not a right...I think some comments regarding immigration is down to lack of knowledge regarding immigration...my mother is not English but she had paid into Britain like any other British person...she chooses to remain Danish...Knowledge is power in certain things and some have a lack of it.."

Off plane not on

Reply privately

over a year ago

I don't understand why Ukip haven't been given Credit for Smashing the Vile and Truly Racist Bnp ! An yes a lot of proviso us BNP supporters voted Ukip ! That's because a lot only voted Bnp as Thier wasn't a viable option to them ! All party's have racist and homophobic members , yes ukip may have more but Labour has more Comunists in its Ranks ! An before anyone asks would I compare communists to fascist YES I would ! Don't forget Stalin was happy to make a pact with Hitler ! To get parts of Finland and Poland !

Reply privately

over a year ago

There's no need to smear UKIP, they do it perfectly well themselves. Anyone remember this lovely chap?...

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/ukip-candidate-geoffrey-clarke-calls-1495957#.U4CBq_sN1VF.facebook

Reply privately

over a year ago

"

Reply privately

over a year ago

Let's see what the main parties now do in the run up to the general election then. How will they woo their voters back I wonder

Reply privately

By *yrdwomanWoman
over a year ago

"Let's see what the main parties now do in the run up to the general election then. How will they woo their voters back I wonder "

Free money and sex on tap with any luck

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Let's see what the main parties now do in the run up to the general election then. How will they woo their voters back I wonder "

Possibly continue to act like patronising arseholes and treating people who voted for UKIP like idiots rather than actually addressing the actual concerns that made people switch parties?

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Let's see what the main parties now do in the run up to the general election then. How will they woo their voters back I wonder

Possibly continue to act like patronising arseholes and treating people who voted for UKIP like idiots rather than actually addressing the actual concerns that made people switch parties?"

I doubt that somehow. I don't know much about politics but surely the EUROPEAN Parliament elections must have them worried. They can't afford to lose seats at Westminster

Reply privately

over a year ago

Perhaps they might actually realise that some people ( me ) voted for Ukip because they want to leave the EU !

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Let's see what the main parties now do in the run up to the general election then. How will they woo their voters back I wonder

Possibly continue to act like patronising arseholes and treating people who voted for UKIP like idiots rather than actually addressing the actual concerns that made people switch parties?

I doubt that somehow. I don't know much about politics but surely the EUROPEAN Parliament elections must have them worried. They can't afford to lose seats at Westminster "

Do the other parties have the balls to tackle the immigration issue without shitting themselves in case they are called racist? I doubt it TBH but we will see.

Reply privately

over a year ago

However, only the UKIP members are repeatedly found to be racist. That to me tells me something about what UKIP attracts. As good a leader as Farage is, it is the members of the party that determine the philosophy of the party. And it's members are apparently more prone to racist views than others. or certainly worse at keeping it quiet!

Just so you know, last week 5 Labour Party members resigned from the Middlesbrough Labour Party because they did not like the racist overtones of the branch.

The Labour Party have many other members who have said or posted online racist remarks. It is not unique to any party.

"

But it is quite rare with those parties, they are much bigger, with way more members at local and national level, yet they get less racist incidents by far than UKIP.

Reply privately

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

What's the UKIP stance on Europeans taking on the management roles of UK football teams?

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I don't want to be ruled over by a foreign dictatorship. That doesn't make me racist."

Didn't we just vote in MEP's? I am sure we did... so that would make the EU a Democracy not a dictatorship, What's more every directive issued by the EU has to be voted in by Westminster before it has any power in the UK, so we are not actually ruled at all by anyone we didn't vote into OUR government by majority of voters.

Reply privately

over a year ago

I doubt that somehow. I don't know much about politics but surely the EUROPEAN Parliament elections must have them worried. They can't afford to lose seats at Westminster

Do the other parties have the balls to tackle the immigration issue without shitting themselves in case they are called racist? I doubt it TBH but we will see."

Reply privately

over a year ago

"What's the UKIP stance on Europeans taking on the management roles of UK football teams? "

You mean migrants who intend to work hard, can support their families financially and contribute to society? They'll be welcome, like others.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"What's the UKIP stance on Europeans taking on the management roles of UK football teams? "

I do think there should be a cap on foreign born players in British teams. The clubs might invest more in youth football instead of buying in talent. Money does talk in the football world

Reply privately

By *yrdwomanWoman
over a year ago

"What's the UKIP stance on Europeans taking on the management roles of UK football teams?

You mean migrants who intend to work hard, can support their families financially and contribute to society? They'll be welcome, like others."

As long as they're not Romanian or move in next door.

Reply privately

By *yrdwomanWoman
over a year ago

"What's the UKIP stance on Europeans taking on the management roles of UK football teams?

I do think there should be a cap on foreign born players in British teams. The clubs might invest more in youth football instead of buying in talent. Money does talk in the football world "

And we wouldn't be so hopeless in International competitions if we supported home-grown players for a change.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Do the other parties have the balls to tackle the immigration issue without shitting themselves in case they are called racist? I doubt it TBH but we will see.

"

You mean like the conservative "Go Home" campaign..?

Reply privately

over a year ago

I do think there should be a cap on foreign born players in British teams. The clubs might invest more in youth football instead of buying in talent. Money does talk in the football world

And we wouldn't be so hopeless in International competitions if we supported home-grown players for a change."

Hopefully not. At the moment some Premiership academies won't sign a youth player over the age of 10 if they haven't already been signed to another club. They won't even look at them over the age of 10 in some clubs

Reply privately

over a year ago

Probably what they've been doing for years, telling porkies in their manifestos that they are unable or unwilling to keep. The UK does tend to vote the best liars into power quite often.

Something that UKIP may have cottened onto, it's all well and dandy making lots of so called popular claims in an effort to garner votes when you don't have a single member of parliament.

They promise lots of tax cuts and lots of spending, much more than the 4.7 billion deficit of EU payments per year. The fact, that not being in the EU could effect the 12 billion per month trade that British companies do with Europe doesn't seem to enter the equation...

Reply privately

over a year ago

You mean like the conservative "Go Home" campaign..?"

was that where they offered to pay people to go home?

Reply privately

By *r-UniqueMan
over a year ago

Carmarthenshire

And we wouldn't be so hopeless in International competitions if we supported home-grown players for a change."

I feel that there is more too is than that. Fitness/exercises in schools aren't good at all and a lot of people grow to like it when they leave, which of course is too late by then. Plus in schools they try and get this form of talent out of you by saying you can't do that full time, etc. Also the ones who "do" make it. Lose out because it goes to their head and they go back to square one then. Upbringing is very important I find in this area.

Reply privately

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

Absolutely. It should be possible to make all of the arguments in a logical way without slurring everyone who is a foreign born player or manager and make the case sensibly.

As a non UKIP voter I would still support a sensible debate on migration, including in football and other high income/turnover businesses, without it becoming race based. Free movement between EU countries does make it easier for players and managers to move around the European teams though.

Reply privately

By *picyspiregirlCouple
over a year ago

chesterfield

But it is quite rare with those parties, they are much bigger, with way more members at local and national level, yet they get less racist incidents by far than UKIP."

It may appear to be rare, it is certainly not so keenly reported but they have a repeat offender at the top of the party. No action taken. They also have a council candidate on child sex offences as we speak, they have swept the PIE scandal under the carpet, they have a councillor being investigated over homophobic insults (and worse) to a fellow councillor etc etc etc etc.

It may seem more common with kip, it isn't.

Other parties also have their issues that are not well publicised.

Reply privately

By *yrdwomanWoman
over a year ago

And we wouldn't be so hopeless in International competitions if we supported home-grown players for a change.

Absolutely. It should be possible to make all of the arguments in a logical way without slurring everyone who is a foreign born player or manager and make the case sensibly.

As a non UKIP voter I would still support a sensible debate on migration, including in football and other high income/turnover businesses, without it becoming race based. Free movement between EU countries does make it easier for players and managers to move around the European teams though.

"

Unfortunately for some I am pro-EU, pro-globalisation, pro-immigration (both to and from the UK) so there's not much anyone wants to debate with me. I believe that the UK is one of the fairest, most welcoming countries in the world, politically and economically, and becoming insular would be disastrous for our economy as well as our global reputation. London has eye wateringly high property prices because Russian Oligarchs and Saudi Princes want to live here. How long would that last when a ruling party starts to close off borders? not long I suspect.

Reply privately

over a year ago

But it is quite rare with those parties, they are much bigger, with way more members at local and national level, yet they get less racist incidents by far than UKIP.

It may appear to be rare, it is certainly not so keenly reported but they have a repeat offender at the top of the party. No action taken. They also have a council candidate on child sex offences as we speak, they have swept the PIE scandal under the carpet, they have a councillor being investigated over homophobic insults (and worse) to a fellow councillor etc etc etc etc.

Other parties also have their issues that are not well publicised."

We are unlikely to agree aren't we lol

I'm aware of the issues in other parties, I read about them before I stated any opinions here. based on that, it seems quite clear to me, that UKIP attracts a lot of racist people. So much so that an Asian youth leader in the party quit in protest due to the very racist and terrifying nature at it's core.

Reply privately

By *picyspiregirlCouple
over a year ago

chesterfield

I'm aware of the issues in other parties, I read about them before I stated any opinions here. based on that, it seems quite clear to me, that UKIP attracts a lot of racist people. So much so that an Asian youth leader in the party quit in protest due to the very racist and terrifying nature at it's core."

And in the same week 5 labour councillors resigned for the same reasons. Did you see that in the national press? Labour 5 UKIP 1.

Reply privately

over a year ago

I feel that there is more too is than that. Fitness/exercises in schools aren't good at all and a lot of people grow to like it when they leave, which of course is too late by then. Plus in schools they try and get this form of talent out of you by saying you can't do that full time, etc. Also the ones who "do" make it. Lose out because it goes to their head and they go back to square one then. Upbringing is very important I find in this area. "

Fitness and exercise in the schools I know is very good. I'm talking from experience here regarding the schools my family attend or attended. It's there,whether students take advantage of it or get involved in extra curriculum sports depends on them. Unfortunately in the school I worked in that had a pool a large percentage of them were scared of the exercise. Sports day was terrible compared to my own son's school

Reply privately

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

"So it now seems a newly elected UKIP councillor has just been suspended by the party pending an internal investigation into allegations suggesting that amongst other things he's a practicing racist homophobe ….

Pffffft,,,,,,

I never saw that one coming...

"

only practicing? Can't even do that properly

Reply privately

over a year ago

I'm aware of the issues in other parties, I read about them before I stated any opinions here. based on that, it seems quite clear to me, that UKIP attracts a lot of racist people. So much so that an Asian youth leader in the party quit in protest due to the very racist and terrifying nature at it's core."

There are more females and ethnic minority candidates elected in UKIP's new MEP intake than in the Lib Dem's MP group at Westminster.

Any party who wants to tackle immigration is bound to attract some idiots, but the whole party and its voters cannot be smeared with the same brush due to having genuine concerns about current policy.

Reply privately

By *hetalkingstoveMan
over a year ago

London

"And we wouldn't be so hopeless in International competitions if we supported home-grown players for a change."

Except that throughout the 70s and 80s all of the old Division One was pretty much English, and England had a completely terrible team.

It's not about numbers, it's about quality of coaching of young players. Until we get that right from an early age, it doesn't matter how many English players there are in the Prem.

Reply privately

By *r-UniqueMan
over a year ago

Carmarthenshire

I feel that there is more too is than that. Fitness/exercises in schools aren't good at all and a lot of people grow to like it when they leave, which of course is too late by then. Plus in schools they try and get this form of talent out of you by saying you can't do that full time, etc. Also the ones who "do" make it. Lose out because it goes to their head and they go back to square one then. Upbringing is very important I find in this area.

Fitness and exercise in the schools I know is very good. I'm talking from experience here regarding the schools my family attend or attended. It's there,whether students take advantage of it or get involved in extra curriculum sports depends on them. Unfortunately in the school I worked in that had a pool a large percentage of them were scared of the exercise. Sports day was terrible compared to my own son's school"

Different area to me. With mine every bloke was mixed together and so was every girl. So how can anyone better themselves as you either slow down for the unfit one to catch up, but then the one with a lot of potential doesn't reach it because of the time spent on everyone else. I found when I left school. My fitness levels and strength improved a lot and so did a lot of people I know. Saying that my school was massive in terms of population . This is without the negative impact teachers had as they were more concerned with being academic rather than exercising.

Reply privately

over a year ago

I'm aware of the issues in other parties, I read about them before I stated any opinions here. based on that, it seems quite clear to me, that UKIP attracts a lot of racist people. So much so that an Asian youth leader in the party quit in protest due to the very racist and terrifying nature at it's core.

There are more females and ethnic minority candidates elected in UKIP's new MEP intake than in the Lib Dem's MP group at Westminster.

Any party who wants to tackle immigration is bound to attract some idiots, but the whole party and its voters cannot be smeared with the same brush due to having genuine concerns about current policy."

I have only ever referenced the party, never the voters, certainly when it comes to the word racist.

I understand completely why they are voted for and why other parties need to change.

Reply privately

over a year ago

What ever people think of UKIP..They will never have the blood of innocent Iraqi children dripping from their hands...And you think UKIP are bad...now who own's the moral high ground.

Reply privately

By *hetalkingstoveMan
over a year ago

London

"Unfortunately for some I am pro-EU, pro-globalisation, pro-immigration (both to and from the UK) so there's not much anyone wants to debate with me. I believe that the UK is one of the fairest, most welcoming countries in the world, politically and economically, and becoming insular would be disastrous for our economy as well as our global reputation. London has eye wateringly high property prices because Russian Oligarchs and Saudi Princes want to live here. How long would that last when a ruling party starts to close off borders? not long I suspect."

If you actually listen to real business people, they tend to want to stay in Europe and influence it for the better. No one's saying our relationship with the EU is perfect. But the answer is to fight and make it work, not give up and go home.

Reply privately

By *ibbyhunterCouple
over a year ago

keighley

i don't know if there is a french equivalent of fabswingers, but if there is their forums must be in meltdown after the rise of ;front national, must be a very worrying time for immigrants living in france,

Reply privately

over a year ago

Here's an interesting article where Nigel Farrage laughs about the "nig-nogs" vote, with the UKIP's founder, who wants to close the party due to it's fundamental racist attitude.

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2014/may/26/ukip-founder-alan-sked-party-become-frankensteins-monster

Reply privately

By *yrdwomanWoman
over a year ago

"i don't know if there is a french equivalent of fabswingers, but if there is their forums must be in meltdown after the rise of ;front national, must be a very worrying time for immigrants living in france,"

Immigrants in Europe have always had a worrying time. I am just surprised that Farage and Le Pen hate each other enough not to join forces, as I would have thought that would be a match made in heaven for them both,

Reply privately

By *ones_BoothCouple
over a year ago

Solihull

Reply privately

By *ones_BoothCouple
over a year ago

Solihull

"What ever people think of UKIP..They will never have the blood of innocent Iraqi children dripping from their hands...And you think UKIP are bad...now who own's the moral high ground."

Reply privately

over a year ago

Fitness and exercise in the schools I know is very good. I'm talking from experience here regarding the schools my family attend or attended. It's there,whether students take advantage of it or get involved in extra curriculum sports depends on them. Unfortunately in the school I worked in that had a pool a large percentage of them were scared of the exercise. Sports day was terrible compared to my own son's school

Different area to me. With mine every bloke was mixed together and so was every girl. So how can anyone better themselves as you either slow down for the unfit one to catch up, but then the one with a lot of potential doesn't reach it because of the time spent on everyone else. I found when I left school. My fitness levels and strength improved a lot and so did a lot of people I know. Saying that my school was massive in terms of population . This is without the negative impact teachers had as they were more concerned with being academic rather than exercising. "

This topic needs it's own thread

Reply privately

By *hetalkingstoveMan
over a year ago

London

"What ever people think of UKIP..They will never have the blood of innocent Iraqi children dripping from their hands...And you think UKIP are bad...now who own's the moral high ground."

That's pathetic. If UKIP had any kind of power, they'd have gone into the Iraq War just as surely as Labour or the Tories would have.

UKIP is not a pacifist party, and trying to claim credit for them on the back of the suffering of Iraq is disgusting.

Reply privately

By *eavenNhellCouple
over a year ago

carrbrook stalybridge

What's the UKIP stance on Europeans taking on the management roles of UK football teams?

what like we werent in the late seventies early eightys when liverpool and forrest dominated europe with largley home grown players ?

Reply privately

By *ouple in LancashireCouple
over a year ago

in Lancashire

"If you take on a UKIPPer on economic & political arguement you will lose. That's why they smear us with accusations of racism. To thick to debate properly basically. "

what exactly is a ukipper, do you mean a supporter, a candidate or a card carrying member..?

think the reasons that the issue's of some of their supporters being racist, not smeared but actually damned by their own 'words' is because they are or have shown themselves to be so..

as for others being too thick, what policies are up for being debated..?

Reply privately

over a year ago

Yawnnnnnnn

Reply privately

By *r-UniqueMan
over a year ago

Carmarthenshire

what like we werent in the late seventies early eightys when liverpool and forrest dominated europe with largley home grown players ? "

As far as I am aware. The British have the best snooker players as well as boxers. We do have some sports we are good at. As for Europeans. I think they will have a limit, but won't stop them permanently as they are coming into a high paid job, paid by an employer and not getting money off the state. Plus who knows they may train and enhance British players better than our coaches would.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"

Any party who wants to tackle immigration is bound to attract some idiots, but the whole party and its voters cannot be smeared with the same brush due to having genuine concerns about current policy."

Yet you quote your Bulgarian uni buddy (so I would assume you agree with him) that it was mental to admit Bulgaria and Romania to the EU, because of their Roma gypsy populations because they are all into child prostitution, begging and pick pocketing. You weren't tarring them all with the same brush then. Are all Romanians and Bulgarians prostituting pick pocketing beggars then???

Reply privately

over a year ago

"What ever people think of UKIP..They will never have the blood of innocent Iraqi children dripping from their hands...And you think UKIP are bad...now who own's the moral high ground.

That's pathetic. If UKIP had any kind of power, they'd have gone into the Iraq War just as surely as Labour or the Tories would have.

UKIP is not a pacifist party, and trying to claim credit for them on the back of the suffering of Iraq is disgusting."

Pathetic..Disgusting...But TRUE and FACT.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"What ever people think of UKIP..They will never have the blood of innocent Iraqi children dripping from their hands...And you think UKIP are bad...now who own's the moral high ground.

UKIP is not a pacifist party, and trying to claim credit for them on the back of the suffering of Iraq is disgusting. Pathetic..Disgusting...But TRUE and FACT."

You don't get true and fact from hypothetical...

Reply privately

over a year ago

"

Any party who wants to tackle immigration is bound to attract some idiots, but the whole party and its voters cannot be smeared with the same brush due to having genuine concerns about current policy.

Yet you quote your Bulgarian uni buddy (so I would assume you agree with him) that it was mental to admit Bulgaria and Romania to the EU, because of their Roma gypsy populations because they are all into child prostitution, begging and pick pocketing. You weren't tarring them all with the same brush then. Are all Romanians and Bulgarians prostituting pick pocketing beggars then??? "

No because the Roma aren't all Romanians & Bulgarians. In fact they are pleased that we've taken large numbers of them away from their countries. This means that a very proportion of those coming here are coming for crime & this is reflected in the Police crime Statistics. We used to be able to remove foreign criminals to protect our Citizens. Now we can't. Why is this deemed as having progress? It's not it's going backwards.

Reply privately

over a year ago

UKIP is not a pacifist party, and trying to claim credit for them on the back of the suffering of Iraq is disgusting. Pathetic..Disgusting...But TRUE and FACT.

You don't get true and fact from hypothetical..."

Reply privately

over a year ago

in Lancashire

UKIP is not a pacifist party, and trying to claim credit for them on the back of the suffering of Iraq is disgusting."

this..

how many of the current ukip members, elected or otherwise were members of the Tory party at the time they fully supported the Iraq war..

did any of these morally perfect people resign their membership or from Parliament if appropriate does anyone recall..??

Reply privately

over a year ago

in Lancashire

anyone responding in this sort of manner should not use the term intellectual in any future debate on anything..

Reply privately

over a year ago

Pretty sure they have no case to answer for the fall of the Roman empire either. Which is just about as relevant.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"

Yet you quote your Bulgarian uni buddy (so I would assume you agree with him) that it was mental to admit Bulgaria and Romania to the EU, because of their Roma gypsy populations because they are all into child prostitution, begging and pick pocketing. You weren't tarring them all with the same brush then. Are all Romanians and Bulgarians prostituting pick pocketing beggars then???

No because the Roma aren't all Romanians & Bulgarians. In fact they are pleased that we've taken large numbers of them away from their countries. This means that a very proportion of those coming here are coming for crime & this is reflected in the Police crime Statistics. We used to be able to remove foreign criminals to protect our Citizens. Now we can't. Why is this deemed as having progress? It's not it's going backwards."

Whoosh, that went right over your head then

Reply privately

over a year ago

UKIP is not a pacifist party, and trying to claim credit for them on the back of the suffering of Iraq is disgusting.

this..

how many of the current ukip members, elected or otherwise were members of the Tory party at the time they fully supported the Iraq war..

did any of these morally perfect people resign their membership or from Parliament if appropriate does anyone recall..?? "

I don't recall being told the facts about Iraq either. Some sexed up dossier about WMD's being able to explode in the UK in 45 minutes. But they were guilty of falling for B.Liar's & Alister Campbell's blatant lies like a lot of people.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"

No because the Roma aren't all Romanians & Bulgarians. In fact they are pleased that we've taken large numbers of them away from their countries. This means that a very proportion of those coming here are coming for crime & this is reflected in the Police crime Statistics. We used to be able to remove foreign criminals to protect our Citizens. Now we can't. Why is this deemed as having progress? It's not it's going backwards.

Whoosh, that went right over your head then "

I've got an excellent grasp of politics & economics thank you.

Reply privately

By *UNCHBOXMan
over a year ago

folkestone

yikes,,,,,

The response should be, once again, good on UKIP for getting rid of the bad apples.

If they say it or if someone else says it it still boils down to the fact that racist individuals are in the party and making themselves and their views known.

"

Just playing devils advocate here but if you suspend someone, aren't they innocent until case is proven?.

Reply privately

By *entaur_UKMan
over a year ago

Cannock

"Perhaps they might actually realise that some people ( me ) voted for Ukip because they want to leave the EU !"

Exactly the main reason i voted for UKIP aswel. Does that make me racist, fascist, homophobic and all the other names people are calling UKIP supporters and voters on this thread?

Labour, Lib dem and conservatives (despite offering a referendum) are all pro EU. UKIP are the only anti EU party worth voting for!

Reply privately

By *isscheekychopsWoman
over a year ago

"Perhaps they might actually realise that some people ( me ) voted for Ukip because they want to leave the EU !

Exactly the main reason i voted for UKIP aswel. Does that make me racist, fascist, homophobic and all the other names people are calling UKIP supporters and voters on this thread?

Labour, Lib dem and conservatives (despite offering a referendum) are all pro EU. UKIP are the only anti EU party worth voting for! "

Can we not talk politics on the way to the social,please? Lol

Reply privately

By *oo hotCouple
over a year ago

North West

"

Whoosh, that went right over your head then

I've got an excellent grasp of politics & economics thank you. "

Then you would know that the whole immigration debate is a red herring used according to the argument as being a) benefit tourists or b) NHS tourists or c) stealing all our jobs or d) committing all the crime.

The fact of the matter is that a), b), c), d) and a whole lot more is entirely our own fault. If we are prepared to have a bloated benefits system and an expectation that the state (rather than your family) will always look after you.. Don't be surprised if people take advantage and fail to become aspirational.

The irony of the 26,000,000 unemployed poster was that had it said 2,500,000 unemployed Brits taking jobs in Germany it would have been hilarious in its stupidity. People move countries to better their own lives and that of their families. It has been going on since man first roamed the earth and will continue for evermore.

It is an evolutionary fact that those who are strong and determined will be successful and in our modern world that means wealthy (tax paying) and wealth creating (more tax) as well as job creators (more people paying tax). The oiks, the idle, the feckless and the layabouts are the same in every country. They are not going to haul ass to be unemployed somewhere else and if they do, it hardly their fault for taking advantage of what clearly must be an overly generous welfare system.

The solution to all of the problems in this country is to drastically cut back on welfare benefits and taxation and motivate people to work hard and take responsibility for themselves and their families. As long as complacency exists, younger, hungrier and fitter people will be knocking at the door and that will never change.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Perhaps they might actually realise that some people ( me ) voted for Ukip because they want to leave the EU !

Labour, Lib dem and conservatives (despite offering a referendum) are all pro EU. UKIP are the only anti EU party worth voting for! "

I think the observation is merely that UKIP attracts bigots...perhaps more so than some of the other major parties. That's all.

Reply privately

By *oo hotCouple
over a year ago

North West

I am about as right wing as could be but I am ardently pro European. It needs changing and it needs reform because it has become a social experiment.

Fundamentally the existence of this huge trading block that we are part of is good. So good that 3,500,000 private sector workers are directly or indirectly employed in businesses that are actively trading with our European partners.

Business likes stability and continuity. Any talk of an EU exit would place an element of doubt over those jobs simply because of uncertainty. Some will have little risk but others in foreign owned car manufacturing plants would have significant risk of job losses.

There is nothing liberal or socialist in wanting a huge market in which to trade when that market is open and de regulated. As a businessman, you can now travel across Europe for next to nothing thanks to the EU deregulation of European air transport. Pretty soon, thanks to the EU, you will be able to use your mobile anywhere in Europe free of roaming charges.

The little Englanders and the French fascists have a point, but reform is what is needed in Europe not an end to the story.

Reply privately

By *imiUKMan
over a year ago

Hereford

Since the other thread got to big before I could elaborate on the points I made there -

UKIP are not a racist party, they are a fascist party.

Whilst xenophobia is a strong theme in fascism, I would dispute strongly that UKIP are racist - Apartheid governments were racist, Nazis are racist, that is they seek to eradicate, control or indeed, favour people based on racial characteristics.

A broad dislike of migrants is not in and of itself racist.

UKIP have a lot in common with the fascist movements of the 30s - broadly xenophobic, an ideology which is basically a mish-mash of ideologies (in the case of UKIP it stems from being a single-issue party and having to "fill in the blanks" afterwards to enable them to have some sort of coherent manifesto), a fetishisation of millitary authority (although it is not good PR these days to dress in black shirts), reactionary policies towards homosexuals etc, a strong leaning towards the petit-bourgoisie when it comes to fiscal policy.....

etc.

So; when I refer to them as a "Fascist" party it is not actually intended as a slur (although make of it what you will), it is just the closest thing I can find to the UKIPs ideology and values.

Reply privately

By *entaur_UKMan
over a year ago

Cannock

Labour, Lib dem and conservatives (despite offering a referendum) are all pro EU. UKIP are the only anti EU party worth voting for!

I am about as right wing as could be but I am ardently pro European. It needs changing and it needs reform because it has become a social experiment.

Fundamentally the existence of this huge trading block that we are part of is good. So good that 3,500,000 private sector workers are directly or indirectly employed in businesses that are actively trading with our European partners.

Business likes stability and continuity. Any talk of an EU exit would place an element of doubt over those jobs simply because of uncertainty. Some will have little risk but others in foreign owned car manufacturing plants would have significant risk of job losses.

There is nothing liberal or socialist in wanting a huge market in which to trade when that market is open and de regulated. As a businessman, you can now travel across Europe for next to nothing thanks to the EU deregulation of European air transport. Pretty soon, thanks to the EU, you will be able to use your mobile anywhere in Europe free of roaming charges.

The little Englanders and the French fascists have a point, but reform is what is needed in Europe not an end to the story."

Some good points but, i really do believe the uk would be better off outside of the EU. The EU is corrupt and undemocratic, the EU commision and the EU president are not elected by the people of europe they are elected by the pro EU fanatics and eurocrats who want to take this "socail experiment" and call it the united states of europe. Its corrupt to the very core because billions of european taxpayers money simply just disappears and vanishes into thin air every year, when was the last time the EU's books were signed off?

Instead of bringing peace and harmony to europe the EU is stoking fires of hatred, separation and unrest. It is a crumbling, outdated model unfit for the modern world and a global market which is what the world is today.

To suggest the EU would stop trading with Britain if we were outside the EU is scaremongering and nonsense. We are one of the EU's biggest customers in terms of imports/exports would they really shut the door on us if we left?

I don't think so, they would be forced to negotiate a new trade deal with us, and we'd be free to make our own trade deals with the USA, and the growing economic superpowers like China, India and Brazil. We are in the G8 (or maybe you want to call it the G7 now if Russia is expelled because of Ukraine), London is one of if not the financial Capital of the world and we are one of the worlds biggest economies. Countries all over the world would be chomping at the bit to make new trade deals with us if we left the EU.

Reply privately

By *picyspiregirlCouple
over a year ago

chesterfield

[Removed by poster at 27/05/14 22:06:18]

Reply privately

over a year ago

Cameron is now talking a tough game in Brussels this evening. What the votes have done across Europe is to hopefully set in train a proper reform and get the EU back to what it was designed to be, a trading bloc of countries working together, not an undemocratic law making body interferring in areas where it has no legitimacy.

Reply privately

By *entaur_UKMan
over a year ago

Cannock

"Cameron is now talking a tough game in Brussels this evening. What the votes have done across Europe is to hopefully set in train a proper reform and get the EU back to what it was designed to be, a trading bloc of countries working together, not an undemocratic law making body interferring in areas where it has no legitimacy."

Yes, and if it still refuses to change i hope we have a referendum and decide to leave the EU. At least one good thing has come out of all of this, there are now more Panda's in Scotland than there are Lib dem MEP's in the european parliament and Nick Clegg could well lose his MP's seat in the general election.

Reply privately

By *oo hotCouple
over a year ago

North West

The little Englanders and the French fascists have a point, but reform is what is needed in Europe not an end to the story.

Some good points but, i really do believe the uk would be better off outside of the EU. The EU is corrupt and undemocratic, the EU commision and the EU president are not elected by the people of europe they are elected by the pro EU fanatics and eurocrats who want to take this "socail experiment" and call it the united states of europe. Its corrupt to the very core because billions of european taxpayers money simply just disappears and vanishes into thin air every year, when was the last time the EU's books were signed off?

Instead of bringing peace and harmony to europe the EU is stoking fires of hatred, separation and unrest. It is a crumbling, outdated model unfit for the modern world and a global market which is what the world is today.

To suggest the EU would stop trading with Britain if we were outside the EU is scaremongering and nonsense. We are one of the EU's biggest customers in terms of imports/exports would they really shut the door on us if we left?

I don't think so, they would be forced to negotiate a new trade deal with us, and we'd be free to make our own trade deals with the USA, and the growing economic superpowers like China, India and Brazil. We are in the G8 (or maybe you want to call it the G7 now if Russia is expelled because of Ukraine), London is one of if not the financial Capital of the world and we are one of the worlds biggest economies. Countries all over the world would be chomping at the bit to make new trade deals with us if we left the EU."

You have been listening to Alex Salmond because you sound just like him. My old Colour Sarjeant used to say that assumption is the mother of all f**k ups and he was right.

No one says for one second that the arU would not trade with us and no one says that we can't expand our current markets elsewhere but unless you are in business in Europe, you don't get it. There is a massive population there ready, willing and able. Why walk away to then be forced to accept conditions over which you have no say to b able to carry on what you already have? An example would be the ban on a British beef after BSE. The EU forced the door into Europe open for British farmers whilst other countries maintained the ban.

It is a risky game to assume and that is the same game that Salmond is playing.

Reply privately

over a year ago

UKIP are not Facist, because when you study the political & economic structure of Italy & Spain it is left wing. A business man had to apply to the state to request how much they could pay themselves.

They didn't allow a lot. It was the same in Nazi Germany. Businesses there were told where to spend & invest their capital. A Nazi party member would work in the Company & if you wanted a viable business, you had to be well acquainted with the local Nazi party.

Nazi stand for the National SOCIALIST German WORKERS Party. In fact the first person to call the Nazi's "Right wing" was Stalin. This was because the Nazi's had an element of private ownership.

So you can put the Communists, Facists, Nazi's all firmly on the left.

Being right wing means that you believe in a smaller state, more personal responsibilty & take control of our own lives. Not having to depend on the state with lower taxes, a pro-business environment, private pensions, healthcare if we can afford it. It is ridiculous that that mindset can go a bit more to the right & then become a Nazi, because that is pathetic to think so.

So when a lefty calls UKIP facists, they should take a look in the mirror.

Reply privately

over a year ago

I don't think so, they would be forced to negotiate a new trade deal with us, and we'd be free to make our own trade deals with the USA, and the growing economic superpowers like China, India and Brazil. We are in the G8 (or maybe you want to call it the G7 now if Russia is expelled because of Ukraine), London is one of if not the financial Capital of the world and we are one of the worlds biggest economies. Countries all over the world would be chomping at the bit to make new trade deals with us if we left the EU."

Your starting to sound like Alex Salmond, of course we will be able to trade with the rest of Europe, but possibly at a cost, there could be restrictions or import duties to be played, increasing the cost of British products in Europe thus making them less attractive to the end consumers. Japanese auto manufacturers are in the UK to circumvent restriction placed on vehicles manufactured outside the EU. Nissan stated last year that if the UK leaves the EU it will reevaluate its position in the UK. So if there is a backlash from the EU they will move their factory to another EU member state.

If we have to sign new treaties with the EU anyone of the member states can veto it, and with the chance of a large part of our vehicle manufacturing possibly arriving in their countries some may choose to veto any new agreement with the UK.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Here's a quote from Hitler himself....

"We are socialists, we are enemies of today's capitalistic economic system for the exploitation of the economically weak, with its unfair salaries, with its unseemly evaluation of a human being according to wealth and property instead of responsibility and performance, and we are all determined to destroy this system under all conditions." --Adolf Hitler

(Speech of May 1, 1927

Reply privately

over a year ago

in Lancashire

so they (ukip)are neither racist nor fascist..

in which case has anyone told some of their members that they best fuckoff back to the NF/BNP then..?

Reply privately

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

"so they (ukip)are neither racist nor fascist..

in which case has anyone told some of their members that they best fuckoff back to the NF/BNP then..?

"

Now that Nick Griffin is calling UKIP racist will the BNP be barring them entry to the party or welcoming them? Modern political dilemmas.

Reply privately

By *abioMan
over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

so if the UK were to in effect shut it borders... what happens to the 2million plus UK citizens who are taking advantage of the EU free movement policy and living and working in the EU???

seriously though... I do wonder how on earth UKIP are picking potential candidates with one revelation after another about them....

people may be UKIP supported now, but I wonder when they finally release their policy manifesto how many will bolt....

one policy parties will get ripped to shreads when people find out about other stuff... such as support for fracking, or the infamous "one flat tax" which may well crush the poor and help the rich.....

Reply privately

over a year ago

There are ex-BNP members serving in the Labour party. UKIP is the only party to ban them. But don't let facts get in the way of your opinion eh?

Reply privately

over a year ago

The flat tax would be brilliant. Millionaires & businesses would fall over themselves to invest here & so helping the poor.

I think we'd go back to work permits instead of the EU. It's how the rest of the world does it & we managed perfectly well before without the EU.

Reply privately

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

"There are ex-BNP members serving in the Labour party. UKIP is the only party to ban them. But don't let facts get in the way of your opinion eh? "

I know there are. I haven't stated an opinion on ex-BNP members, or any other ex-name a party members. Questions aren't opinions.

Reply privately

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

"The flat tax would be brilliant. Millionaires & businesses would fall over themselves to invest here & so helping the poor.

I think we'd go back to work permits instead of the EU. It's how the rest of the world does it & we managed perfectly well before without the EU. "

We had unions back then too.

Reply privately

By *picyspiregirlCouple
over a year ago

chesterfield

"so if the UK were to in effect shut it borders... what happens to the 2million plus UK citizens who are taking advantage of the EU free movement policy and living and working in the EU???

seriously though... I do wonder how on earth UKIP are picking potential candidates with one revelation after another about them....

people may be UKIP supported now, but I wonder when they finally release their policy manifesto how many will bolt....

one policy parties will get ripped to shreads when people find out about other stuff... such as support for fracking, or the infamous "one flat tax" which may well crush the poor and help the rich....."

There is also the chance that when all the mud slinging has stopped and the real policies are discussed, their support could increase.

When people realise that kip do not want Down's syndrome babies aborted, the drawbridge pulled up, the foreigners sending home and all the other ridiculous things that people are actually taking in, spoon fed and pre digested, they may start debating the issues. Only then will we find out if ukip have any substance. Until then we will carry on with this daft pissing contest.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"so they (ukip)are neither racist nor fascist..

"

its the same for every party they all.have ex NF/BNP members however you will find that most of them joined the EDL

Isnt it strange that not one political commentator in either TV or in the printed media have branded UKIP racists or facists yet those terms are being thrown around on here like they are the new buzz words, i doubt such slurs would be made so freely if the culprits were forced to defend themselves in court for the statements and slurs they make.

I have witnessed forums members brand other members as facists racists and ignorant over the last few days because they voted for UKIP yet the people making such slanderous comments no neither the people they comment on or their personalities.

There is no place in this world racists or facists however unfortunately they do exist.

Reply privately