Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

time to collect from the bookies thanks Ukip

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Time to collect some money from corals for Ukips win in the EU elections .I love the fact my Scottish relations have even voted UKip in a seat too .so much for mr sammond tearing the country apart good luck in your referendum numb nuts I love watching labour conservative and lib Dems are kissing arse bye bye nick Clegg and thank you to all the sensible people who voted UKip filled my pockets up

(closed, thread got too big)

Reply privately

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"Time to collect some money from corals for Ukips win in the EU elections .I love the fact my Scottish relations have even voted UKip in a seat too .so much for mr sammond tearing the country apart good luck in your referendum numb nuts I love watching labour conservative and lib Dems are kissing arse bye bye nick Clegg and thank you to all the sensible people who voted UKip filled my pockets up "
YW mate . Spend it wisely

Reply privately

By *ibbyhunterCouple
over a year ago

keighley

well done, make sure you don't give it all back to the bookie at the next election.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Hello UKIP goodbye Lib Dems

Reply privately

By *rightonsteveMan
over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

A remarkable achievement.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Taxi for the Lib Dems now to back a change in there leader for the general elections get on

Reply privately

over a year ago

Nice to hear some good news for a change.

Reply privately

over a year ago

The big decision is will Clegg walk or will he be pushed .or will he say sorry and get plastered all over the net again hilarious .shh to all you naysayers and roar loud all you Ukip voters

Reply privately

over a year ago

As a politics student, it'll be interesting to watch how everything plays out. Ukip managed you mobilise their voters, will the other parties manage to mobilise theirs in response, etc etc. As an American, it'll be doubly interesting.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Time to collect some money from corals for Ukips win in the EU elections .I love the fact my Scottish relations have even voted UKip in a seat too .so much for mr sammond tearing the country apart good luck in your referendum numb nuts I love watching labour conservative and lib Dems are kissing arse bye bye nick Clegg and thank you to all the sensible people who voted UKip filled my pockets up "

Aherm! Do we get a cut of the winnings then

Gimp

Reply privately

over a year ago

Farrage was a stockbroker.. You know the type, bit like the millionaires in the con dem lot now..

Pot and kettle for me... All rich tossers, not interested in hard working people....

Reply privately

By *isscheekychopsWoman
over a year ago

The land of grey peas and bacon

Sensible people didn't vote for UKIP....each to their own I suppose I can't stand the fascist party but that's me and I'm allowed my vote

Reply privately

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

Still waiting for a ukip supporter to give me a brief run down of their policies on health, education, the energy crisis, minimum pay etc. I would like to know what I have to look forward to.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Still waiting for a ukip supporter to give me a brief run down of their policies on health, education, the energy crisis, minimum pay etc. I would like to know what I have to look forward to."

Pain and Poverty....No change.

Pessimistic Pete

Reply privately

By *isscheekychopsWoman
over a year ago

"Still waiting for a ukip supporter to give me a brief run down of their policies on health, education, the energy crisis, minimum pay etc. I would like to know what I have to look forward to."

No paid annual leave

No paid maternity leave

All babies with Down syndrome must be aborted

Reply privately

over a year ago

Good luck waiting for that.

Reply privately

over a year ago

UKIP don't know their arse from their elbow. Let's wait for reality to hit and when it actually comes down to doing some 'good' for the country.

Reply privately

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

"Still waiting for a ukip supporter to give me a brief run down of their policies on health, education, the energy crisis, minimum pay etc. I would like to know what I have to look forward to.

Good luck waiting for that."

But surely there must be a strong economic and political case for leaving Europe. They must have a very robust manifesto to be confident of leading us forward to independence from the EU.....if only I could discover from the party faithful what it is.

Reply privately

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

"UKIP don't know their arse from their elbow. Let's wait for reality to hit and when it actually comes down to doing some 'good' for the country.

"

I think it's waiting for them to be found out that's got us into trouble. We've been complacent.

Reply privately

over a year ago

The UKIP campaigner in Kent who gave the finger to a protester and was caught on camera says it all really. ... The 'f U, we have opinions and don't listen party'. Still it might wake up Lab and Con and when they are both strong amazing things happen. Where is Spitting Images when you need them ?

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Sensible people didn't vote for UKIP....each to their own I suppose I can't stand the fascist party but that's me and I'm allowed my vote "
we all have equal rights to vote you choose who you want to run the country .but to those who moan about the state of this country and don't vote .you have no voice so shhhhh

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Farrage was a stockbroker.. You know the type, bit like the millionaires in the con dem lot now..

Pot and kettle for me... All rich tossers, not interested in hard working people...."

Reply privately

over a year ago

Yes but wheres me Money

Gimp

Reply privately

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

"Sensible people didn't vote for UKIP....each to their own I suppose I can't stand the fascist party but that's me and I'm allowed my vote we all have equal rights to vote you choose who you want to run the country .but to those who moan about the state of this country and don't vote .you have no voice so shhhhh "

I voted.

please could you give me a brief run down of way ukip stand for as one of it's most vociferous supporters you seem the best person to ask.

Reply privately

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

*what

Reply privately

By *eorge17Man
over a year ago

Leven

You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you can not fool all of the people all of the time

Abraham Lincoln quote seems very apt just now.

Reply privately

By *isscheekychopsWoman
over a year ago

"Sensible people didn't vote for UKIP....each to their own I suppose I can't stand the fascist party but that's me and I'm allowed my vote we all have equal rights to vote you choose who you want to run the country .but to those who moan about the state of this country and don't vote .you have no voice so shhhhh "

Everyone has a voice

Reply privately

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

"You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you can not fool all of the people all of the time

Abraham Lincoln quote seems very apt just now."

All that it needs is for the majority of the people to be fooled.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you can not fool all of the people all of the time

All that it needs is for the majority of the people to be fooled."

Mr Blair made it into an Artform

Gimp

Reply privately

over a year ago

The anti EU sentiment appears tp have spread to other countries too. France for one.

Still, the UKIP outcome represents very very roughly only a third the outcome but I do worry that this referendum is going to be a very close run thing.

I wonder though, with Europe and the UK growing strongly again, will this be known as UKIPs finest hour? I hope so.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Sensible people didn't vote for UKIP....each to their own I suppose I can't stand the fascist party but that's me and I'm allowed my vote we all have equal rights to vote you choose who you want to run the country .but to those who moan about the state of this country and don't vote .you have no voice so shhhhh

I voted.

please could you give me a brief run down of way ukip stand for as one of it's most vociferous supporters you seem the best person to ask. "

Id like to know too because as it stands it seems like just a lot of hot air and no substance coming from the OP everytime he uses the forum as a political platform

Much like most polititians really

Reply privately

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

Gimp"

It's what politicians do best. We get the leaders we deserve unfortunately.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Gimp

It's what politicians do best. We get the leaders we deserve unfortunately."

Couldnt agree more, My problem with the whole political setup is we dont have much say in who leads the party.

Gimp

Reply privately

over a year ago

I might help them on that if I can .better training for the disgruntled kids of this country .or did you forget the summer riots .better border control to makes sure criminals don't fill our country .and those caught who committed crime deported .Australia have a very good system learn from them .Help and training for single mothers to get a job as soon as there kids go to school all day .Make a decent days works rise in line with inflation .equal pay for men and women as a man's time is no more important than a woman's .stop lending money from other countries to give to other countries. Any thoughts on any issues or things that that get your goat or you think is a problem tell me and ill give you my not rocket science problem solving policy .and now in this coming year we will see there manifesto in all its no bullshit glory

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Still waiting for a ukip supporter to give me a brief run down of their policies on health, education, the energy crisis, minimum pay etc. I would like to know what I have to look forward to.

No paid annual leave

No paid maternity leave

"

These, plus the leaving the EU thing and a couple of others i've heard about. I personally don't espouse the policies proposed by UKIP, but since i study politics it'll be interesting to watch this process play out.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Gimp

It's what politicians do best. We get the leaders we deserve unfortunately.

Couldnt agree more, My problem with the whole political setup is we dont have much say in who leads the party.

Gimp"

The system is supposed to stop the leader from being able to do what he likes. but with the backdoor politicking and deals being made for votes on issues (You vote my way on this, I'l vote for you on that), it's become more about politicians self interest and it's a brave one to speak out.

Reply privately

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

"Still waiting for a ukip supporter to give me a brief run down of their policies on health, education, the energy crisis, minimum pay etc. I would like to know what I have to look forward to. I might help them on that if I can .better training for the disgruntled kids of this country .or did you forget the summer riots .better border control to makes sure criminals don't fill our country .and those caught who committed crime deported .Australia have a very good system learn from them .Help and training for single mothers to get a job as soon as there kids go to school all day .Make a decent days works rise in line with inflation .equal pay for men and women as a man's time is no more important than a woman's .stop lending money from other countries to give to other countries. Any thoughts on any issues or things that that get your goat or you think is a problem tell me and ill give you my not rocket science problem solving policy .and now in this coming year we will see there manifesto in all its no bullshit glory "

I see. Thank you.

How are they going to identify the disgruntled kids? The same way that we currently identify NEET teenagers or will there be a different system? Will it be funded differently with more money than now or will it be the same? Are they going to more into apprenticeships ? If so where will it come from?

Does the decent days wage mean that minimum wage will increase?

How will they improve the NHS? Currently I can nip over to Calais for treatment if the wait is too long here, would I still be able to do that?

Is the border control only aimed at EU criminals or criminals from all countries?

Reply privately

over a year ago

http://m.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-kent-20773800

Reply privately

over a year ago

The main parties refusal to debate seriously EU membership and immigration has cost them dearly, and I suspect it is because they are so unsure of their position that they wanted to try and avoid the issues. This result will force the debate. For all his wrongs at least Clegg had the balls to debate the issues with Farage.

I have yet to hear exactly what the UK would lose be leaving the EU. Lab and Cons need to spell out explicitly the benefits of staying in versus the consequences of coming out. I'm sure there must be some. But to suggest the likes of BMW, Volkswagon, Siemens etc are going to ignore a huge and profitable market such as the UK because it is not a member of the EU is crazy.

So I hope we will now get a proper debate rather than the lazy put downs and smear campaigns and we as voters can make informed decisions.

Reply privately

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

"The main parties refusal to debate seriously EU membership and immigration has cost them dearly, and I suspect it is because they are so unsure of their position that they wanted to try and avoid the issues. This result will force the debate. For all his wrongs at least Clegg had the balls to debate the issues with Farage.

I have yet to hear exactly what the UK would lose be leaving the EU. Lab and Cons need to spell out explicitly the benefits of staying in versus the consequences of coming out. I'm sure there must be some. But to suggest the likes of BMW, Volkswagon, Siemens etc are going to ignore a huge and profitable market such as the UK because it is not a member of the EU is crazy.

So I hope we will now get a proper debate rather than the lazy put downs and smear campaigns and we as voters can make informed decisions."

Yes!

Reply privately

over a year ago

Do please let us separate voting for an MEP from voting for an MP. Many voters will have a different agenda in the parliamentary elections next year.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Even if they have been deamed as a party that won seats on political protest votes it's because they are prepared to deal with those issues that people do not feel the big three have covered .and brush under the big Westminster carpet.now I'm off out swimming with my kids .spending my winnings wisely then later when they are asleep ill answer your questions

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Do please let us separate voting for an MEP from voting for an MP. Many voters will have a different agenda in the parliamentary elections next year."
I so hope they don't change there mind stick with ukip .I'm hoping many members of parliament will be ukip .no doubt before the next election a few labour and conservative members will jump ship to board the winners boat

Reply privately

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

"Even if they have been deamed as a party that won seats on political protest votes it's because they are prepared to deal with those issues that people do not feel the big three have covered .and brush under the big Westminster carpet.now I'm off out swimming with my kids .spending my winnings wisely then later when they are asleep ill answer your questions "

I think what you say is right in many respects.

Reply privately

over a year ago

No paid annual leave

No paid maternity leave

"

nothing wrong with any of those things.

maybe not the last one though.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"The main parties refusal to debate seriously EU membership and immigration has cost them dearly, and I suspect it is because they are so unsure of their position that they wanted to try and avoid the issues. This result will force the debate. For all his wrongs at least Clegg had the balls to debate the issues with Farage.

So I hope we will now get a proper debate rather than the lazy put downs and smear campaigns and we as voters can make informed decisions."

very right there will be no big loss coming out of a crumbling eu

Reply privately

over a year ago

They seem to be the party for the down trodden working middle classes, who don't receive any help from the government, who look at the rest of society seemingly having a good time at their expense and think hey! That's not fair! The magic is they also appeal too the unemployed skilled working class who have been priced out of work by cheap labour from abroad.

Reply privately

By *isscheekychopsWoman
over a year ago

No paid annual leave

No paid maternity leave

maybe not the last one though."

Dear Dora there is a lot wrong with the above...people won't be able to afford to take annual leave which will mean that more staff burn out and means that there would be loses within the company with will affect everyone...No maternity pay will mean less money coming in which would have an impact if the family is a single working woman...and the last one well I'll keep my mouth shut...it's all just wrong

Reply privately

over a year ago

No paid annual leave

No paid maternity leave

"

Is that honestly their policies?

Reply privately

over a year ago

"UKIP don't know their arse from their elbow. Let's wait for reality to hit and when it actually comes down to doing some 'good' for the country.

"

nor it seems do labour liberal Democrats or conservatives. ..... labour say it's non of our fault but presided over the biggest crash ever. Then blame present government for trying to patch it up.... at the last election this country was bankrupt!!!!!!! Only staying afloat on our AAA status for borrowing money.

Reply privately

over a year ago

No paid annual leave

No paid maternity leave

Dear Dora there is a lot wrong with the above...people won't be able to afford to take annual leave which will mean that more staff burn out and means that there would be loses within the company with will affect everyone...No maternity pay will mean less money coming in which would have an impact if the family is a single working woman...and the last one well I'll keep my mouth shut...it's all just wrong "

I've googled these policies and found nothing. The babies thing was one nutter who was then left the party. The maternity pay was going to be replaced with another benefit that would pay you until you decided to go back to work. And I haven't found anything about paid leave so far. Do you have a link?

Reply privately

over a year ago

No paid annual leave

No paid maternity leave

Is that honestly their policies?"

No!

Reply privately

over a year ago

No paid annual leave

No paid maternity leave

Dear Dora there is a lot wrong with the above...people won't be able to afford to take annual leave which will mean that more staff burn out and means that there would be loses within the company with will affect everyone...No maternity pay will mean less money coming in which would have an impact if the family is a single working woman...and the last one well I'll keep my mouth shut...it's all just wrong "

why do they need to take annual leave and why should they expect maternity pay, they never used to get it.

Reply privately

By *isscheekychopsWoman
over a year ago

No paid annual leave

No paid maternity leave

Dear Dora there is a lot wrong with the above...people won't be able to afford to take annual leave which will mean that more staff burn out and means that there would be loses within the company with will affect everyone...No maternity pay will mean less money coming in which would have an impact if the family is a single working woman...and the last one well I'll keep my mouth shut...it's all just wrong

I've googled these policies and found nothing. The babies thing was one nutter who was then left the party. The maternity pay was going to be replaced with another benefit that would pay you until you decided to go back to work. And I haven't found anything about paid leave so far. Do you have a link?

"

No I don't it's stuff I have heard, if what I have heard is wrong I'll gladly put my hands up and say I've been given misinformed information..

Reply privately

over a year ago

The major companies you describe could well avoid the UK if EU membership subsides. They weren't lying. It goes down to why the organisation was set up in the first place.

Here are a few realities of losing EU membership for Britain:

1) holidays- without the open borders within the EU going abroad will be much more hassle, potentially, as Visas may be needed. This includes seeking treatment abroad as a tourist or medical tourist which is the entitlement of every brit because of you receive benefit in any country within the system you receive it in all of them...... Oh, and those fag and booze runs people make to the continent will stop too.

2) relocation- currently any uk citizen can move, work, and draw benefit in any country within the system. This enables many to relocate with work without hassle. Visas and time limits and more would make that process much more difficult

3) jobs and the products we use every day- because it's an open market, many of the products consumed daily by Britain actually come from EU countries, so closing that avenue causes a steep rise in cost of living. The jobs to produce them can't and won't automatically be replaced on British shores. Firstly, Britain is an island and space is limited. There's simply not room left to accommodate production facilities on that scale. Secondly, it'll still be more cost effective for the companies to locate production facilities abroad and import the products. It already is, many companies in the decade I've been here have relocated due to wages and with the UKIP promise to increase wages coupled with the costs of production which would rise it could well spiral out of control.

4) energy- electric, gas, and petrol/diesel....all of them are actually lower due to the open trade agreement of being in the EU. yep, prices are crazy thanks to capitalism but Britain cannot, even with its north sea reserves and nuclear facilities, meet the demand it has at the moment. It cannot refine what it pulls from the north sea, and adding refineries might make a few jobs in the short term but the cost will be added to what we already pay plus it won't work long term because the reserves just aren't big enough. Alternative energy like wind or solar is actually only partially viable as a solution because only what's immediately used offsets demand. Those methods cannot store any surplus energy created.

5) professional fields- hate to point out that many professionals in the uk, in areas like medicine and higher education, are foreign. I could be wrong but i heard that one ukip proposal was to make anyone foreign leave Britain and this could well cause a crisis in some areas. The jobs haven't been taken from brits, in many cases they've been filled by others when brits didn't want them .

Tip of the iceberg and quite basic but there are some things to think about.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Just because something it's written on a forum doesn't make it true. Research and make up your own mind.

Reply privately

By *isscheekychopsWoman
over a year ago

"Just because something it's written on a forum doesn't make it true. Research and make up your own mind. "

It wasn't written on the forums

Reply privately

over a year ago

Could you give us a quick rundown on the conservatives labour and lib dems polices on all the above

Reply privately

over a year ago

Switzerland arn't in the EU, are they suffering? No.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"They seem to be the party for the down trodden working middle classes, who don't receive any help from the government, who look at the rest of society seemingly having a good time at their expense and think hey! That's not fair! The magic is they also appeal too the unemployed skilled working class who have been priced out of work by cheap labour from abroad."

But without that cheap labour where would we be? Basic services would cost more and so food would cost more. The vital construction and infrastructure sectors would have higher costs. How many of those business would have survived and kept many British jobs without the support of cheap labour? With the rise of the cost of basic services comes inflation which was already outstripping pay increases.

So just where do you envisage us being now had we not had that cheap labour?

Reply privately

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

"Just because something it's written on a forum doesn't make it true. Research and make up your own mind. "

Yep! What makes you think people haven't?

Reply privately

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

"Still waiting for a ukip supporter to give me a brief run down of their policies on health, education, the energy crisis, minimum pay etc. I would like to know what I have to look forward to. Could you give us a quick rundown on the conservatives labour and lib dems polices on all the above "

Why? I'm not in the forums telling people they should vote for them?

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Just because something it's written on a forum doesn't make it true. Research and make up your own mind.

It wasn't written on the forums "

So was this a policy? No.

Reply privately

By *isscheekychopsWoman
over a year ago

"Just because something it's written on a forum doesn't make it true. Research and make up your own mind.

It wasn't written on the forums

So was this a policy? No."

I haven't read that article I will have a ganders later

Reply privately

over a year ago

Yep! What makes you think people haven't?"

Because the "polices" that chops quoted arn't policies at all. It's just "bloke down the pub said" facts.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Because the "polices" that chops quoted arn't policies at all. It's just "bloke down the pub said" facts. "

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Switzerland arn't in the EU, are they suffering? No."
..they're part of the EEA. It's not quite the same in all areas but it's an open market with free movement of persons, etc.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"They seem to be the party for the down trodden working middle classes, who don't receive any help from the government, who look at the rest of society seemingly having a good time at their expense and think hey! That's not fair! The magic is they also appeal too the unemployed skilled working class who have been priced out of work by cheap labour from abroad.

But without that cheap labour where would we be? Basic services would cost more and so food would cost more. The vital construction and infrastructure sectors would have higher costs. How many of those business would have survived and kept many British jobs without the support of cheap labour? With the rise of the cost of basic services comes inflation which was already outstripping pay increases.

So just where do you envisage us being now had we not had that cheap labour?"

This was the argument I had. Without the workers from abroad who will clean the offices, pick the food and basically all the jobs the benefit class won't do. It's not there overseas works taking jobs....it's them doing the jobs no one else will do for what they pay. A national paper ran an exercise and they offered people coming out go a sign on centre above board paid work picking vegetables....not one person accepted it, however the over seas workers did.

Reply privately

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

Because the "polices" that chops quoted arn't policies at all. It's just "bloke down the pub said" facts.

"

Yes we do have to sperate the official UKIP parties views from the views of individuals in it, just as we do with any party.

Reply privately

over a year ago

I'm still interested to hear the OP's opinion on other UKIP policies such as health, education, the energy crisis, minimum pay & so on?

Anything to add on those issues? It seems that the party manifesto is limited, yet they garner a large vote-force from people who only really care about the things UKIP shout at them without any meat on the bones of the manifesto in general.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"They seem to be the party for the down trodden working middle classes, who don't receive any help from the government, who look at the rest of society seemingly having a good time at their expense and think hey! That's not fair! The magic is they also appeal too the unemployed skilled working class who have been priced out of work by cheap labour from abroad.

This was the argument I had. Without the workers from abroad who will clean the offices, pick the food and basically all the jobs the benefit class won't do. It's not there overseas works taking jobs....it's them doing the jobs no one else will do for what they pay. A national paper ran an exercise and they offered people coming out go a sign on centre above board paid work picking vegetables....not one person accepted it, however the over seas workers did. "

Unfortunately, and this is what it comes down to for me now...

It seems there is an easy solution. Everybody is talking about it so it must be true. It's the foreigners. It's Europe.

Except we were having economic crashes before this all came about. Was it the the foreigners fault then??! Same with every other country. They aren't experiencing ANYTHING NEW. but no, it's europe, it's the foreigners.

Xenophobia has become fashionable. that's the only thing that has changed.

Bloody Pisses me right off.

Institutionalised f*cking racism.

Some of these people should speak to teachers and ask how some of the eastern European kids are being treated.

Reply privately

over a year ago

So just where do you envisage us being now had we not had that cheap labour?"

Don't confuse skilled working class with cheap labour. I'm talking about builders, plumbers, electricians, carpenters etc etc not vegetable pickers.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Don't confuse skilled working class with cheap labour. I'm talking about builders, plumbers, electricians, carpenters etc etc not vegetable pickers."

Reply privately

over a year ago

Lol @ "benefit classes" how offensive!

Reply privately

over a year ago

Just to end some animosity here:

The down's syndrome policy was espoused by a party member, who later resigned due to the embarrassment it caused the party. This may or may not have been embraced within the party leaders. We, quite frankly, will never know.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Don't confuse skilled working class with cheap labour. I'm talking about builders, plumbers, electricians, carpenters etc etc not vegetable pickers."

But you said it was the skilled working class that had been priced out??

So my question is, if all these basic services had cost more, what kind of recovery would we be in now?

If companies had contracts with employees with higher wages because they couldn't get cheaper labour, would some of these companies be bust? Would then lots more British jobs be gone?

Reply privately

over a year ago

Think most of them are self employed?

Reply privately

By *picyspiregirlCouple
over a year ago

chesterfield

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Farrage was a stockbroker.. You know the type, bit like the millionaires in the con dem lot now..

Pot and kettle for me... All rich tossers, not interested in hard working people...."

Just like the little rich boys running the Labour Party. Lets face it folks NONE of the mainstream politicians are in it for our benefit. Its all about making a well paid career out of politics.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Lol @ "benefit classes" how offensive!"

Why? I live in an area with 3rd generation of families who live on benefits with no interest in changing that or getting a job. How else should I describe them?

I was at school with these people, I had the same options open to me and same training, I've never been out of work. Yes I have a reasonably well paid job, but if I lost that I'm not above cleaning toilets for minimum wage as I would rather that then ever claim benefit.

So what party do I vote for?

Reply privately

By *dwalu2Couple
over a year ago

Bristol

This was the argument I had. Without the workers from abroad who will clean the offices, pick the food and basically all the jobs the benefit class won't do. It's not there overseas works taking jobs....it's them doing the jobs no one else will do for what they pay. A national paper ran an exercise and they offered people coming out go a sign on centre above board paid work picking vegetables....not one person accepted it, however the over seas workers did.

It seems there is an easy solution. Everybody is talking about it so it must be true. It's the foreigners. It's Europe.

Except we were having economic crashes before this all came about. Was it the the foreigners fault then??! Same with every other country. They aren't experiencing ANYTHING NEW. but no, it's europe, it's the foreigners.

Some of these people should speak to teachers and ask how some of the eastern European kids are being treated."

Spot on. UKIP is the 'acceptable' face of bigotry, no more, no less.

This is why UKIP voters get so angry at being called racists. They know they are racists, they know that is wrong, but they just can't help themselves.

Voting UKIP allows them to indulge their xenophobia while pretending to themselves that they aren't fascists. It's very comforting, of course. Safety in numbers

Reply privately

over a year ago

So I hope we will now get a proper debate rather than the lazy put downs and smear campaigns and we as voters can make informed decisions. "

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Sensible people didn't vote for UKIP....each to their own I suppose I can't stand the fascist party but that's me and I'm allowed my vote "

If you look back in history I think you will find that UKIP's "facism" only really exists in the minds of the spindoctors who thought getting the gullible to believe the worst about UKIP was the way to beat them. Standing up for your country is a million miles away from what Franco or Mussolini did.

Reply privately

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 26/05/14 10:56:42]

Reply privately

By *eavenNhellCouple
over a year ago

carrbrook stalybridge

not a ukip supporter but by all account somwhere to the right of thatcher

Reply privately

over a year ago

Sound like you should vote for ukip.....lol

I always vote liberal, that way I get to look down on everyone, safe in knowledge that I'll never be in trouble for voting into power the party that ruined the country....

Reply privately

By *ibbyhunterCouple
over a year ago

keighley

Some of these people should speak to teachers and ask how some of the eastern European kids are being treated.

This is why UKIP voters get so angry at being called racists. They know they are racists, they know that is wrong, but they just can't help themselves.

Voting UKIP allows them to indulge their xenophobia while pretending to themselves that they aren't fascists. It's very comforting, of course. Safety in numbers

I'm not sure I would call them racists, I think very small minded would be a better description."

think some people should take defeat with a little bit of humility and good grace . rather than throwing insults about.

Reply privately

over a year ago

They have no cogent polices on the real issues and if their financial ambitions were ever realised the country would be bankrupt within 3 years.

The UKIP are like telly on a Saturday night its just mundane rubbish with a few personalities thrown to make it a tad interesting!

Reply privately

By *abioMan
over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

since you are a betting man.... would you like a bet on how many seats ukip win at the general election??????

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Just to end some animosity here:

The down's syndrome policy was espoused by a party member, who later resigned due to the embarrassment it caused the party. This may or may not have been embraced within the party leaders. We, quite frankly, will never know. "

We do know that parties across the political spectrum voted for the right of abortion of a perfectly healthy foetus

Reply privately

over a year ago

I'm not sure I would call them racists, I think very small minded would be a better description.

think some people should take defeat with a little bit of humility and good grace . rather than throwing insults about."

Not an insult at all, but my opinion is simply that the UKIP approach is trying to micro manage a trillion pound economy through nationalist sentiment. That to me is small minded.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Sound like you should vote for ukip.....lol

I always vote liberal, that way I get to look down on everyone, safe in knowledge that I'll never be in trouble for voting into power the party that ruined the country...."

No one party has ruined this country as in my eyes the country isn't ruined. However until the people of this country wake up and take some responsibility and stop blaming EU and overseas people for everything that is wrong it won't improve.

This is a very sorry day for the UK.

Reply privately

over a year ago

We are all forgetting 18th ingredients.

When we entered Europe it was as a free trade area to benefit all involved.

What is it now. And who controls us/it?

The major say is had by Germany and france. At no point has the Germany economy suffered like the rest because they are the most powerful country involved. They didn't want Greece bailed out......

so someone please tell me how we are now benefitting from it?

The last figures I can find we net contribute 13.6 billion to Europe a year

Reply privately

over a year ago

I always vote liberal, that way I get to look down on everyone, safe in knowledge that I'll never be in trouble for voting into power the party that ruined the country....

No one party has ruined this country as in my eyes the country isn't ruined. However until the people of this country wake up and take some responsibility and stop blaming EU and overseas people for everything that is wrong it won't improve.

This is a very sorry day for the UK."

Exactly. All this bullshit about the UK being ruined is a load of nonsense spouted by morons like Farrage and his supporters, aimed at the disaffected voters, and people who are either full-blown or casual racists regardless of whether they see themselves as such. It's veiled bigotry, whichever way you want to spin it.

Reply privately

By *ayercakeMan
over a year ago

Gateshead

Pot and kettle for me... All rich tossers, not interested in hard working people....

Just like the little rich boys running the Labour Party. Lets face it folks NONE of the mainstream politicians are in it for our benefit. Its all about making a well paid career out of politics."

Reply privately

By *abioMan
over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

No paid annual leave

No paid maternity leave

"

add to that Anti-Gay marriage

they do support fracking... but are against wind turbine subsisdies....

Reply privately

over a year ago

I always vote liberal, that way I get to look down on everyone, safe in knowledge that I'll never be in trouble for voting into power the party that ruined the country...."

I'm sure no one holds that against you lol

Reply privately

over a year ago

When scotland leaves the UK will we still have to pay the EU 52 million pounds per day, or will that be reduced? Or will it go up so we can still support Scotland's free prescriptions and university fees?

Reply privately

By *andS66Couple
over a year ago

Derby

All that it needs is for the majority of the people to be fooled."

And labour, Conservatives, Liberals et al have been fooling everybody for a hundred years.

Reply privately

over a year ago

No paid annual leave

No paid maternity leave

"

Attacking minorities, supporting bigotry. Yeah, go UKIP

Reply privately

over a year ago

"When scotland leaves the UK will we still have to pay the EU 52 million pounds per day, or will that be reduced? Or will it go up so we can still support Scotland's free prescriptions and university fees?"

If Scitland leave the union, they don't get automatic membership if the EU...that's still under debate. So no, Scotland would be funding prescriptions and university themselves. It's not our EU contribution that pays for wales free prescriptions btw.

Reply privately

By *abioMan
over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"Switzerland arn't in the EU, are they suffering? No."

they actually have "associate" status where all EU laws apply to them, whilst not actually being part of the EU...

kinda like being on the outside looking in, and having laws apply where they have no say in them.......

Reply privately

over a year ago

No paid annual leave

No paid maternity leave

Attacking minorities, supporting bigotry. Yeah, go UKIP"

The list of "facts" grows....I heard that ukip voters attract bears....

Reply privately

By *andS66Couple
over a year ago

Derby

Don't confuse skilled working class with cheap labour. I'm talking about builders, plumbers, electricians, carpenters etc etc not vegetable pickers.

But you said it was the skilled working class that had been priced out??

So my question is, if all these basic services had cost more, what kind of recovery would we be in now?

If companies had contracts with employees with higher wages because they couldn't get cheaper labour, would some of these companies be bust? Would then lots more British jobs be gone?"

I take it the first thing you do when you go to work tomorrow will be to see your boss and ask for a pay cut, maybe to minimum wage or even below it, so that you can help the economy?

Reply privately

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

And labour, Conservatives, Liberals et al have been fooling everybody for a hundred years."

Very probably.

Reply privately

over a year ago

No paid annual leave

No paid maternity leave

The list of "facts" grows....I heard that ukip voters attract bears...."

Reply privately

over a year ago

You can debate this til the cows come home, but from a personal perspective, UKIP will never have my vote, be it on a local, a national or indeed, a european level.

Reply privately

over a year ago

All this result and the percieved political swing towards far right has done for me is make me very afraid for my future in every respect. Not least the chances of me and people I know being at increased risk of hate crime when the loonies take over.

It's galvanised me into getting some hands on work done politically if nothing else.

Reply privately

By *abioMan
over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"When scotland leaves the UK will we still have to pay the EU 52 million pounds per day, or will that be reduced? Or will it go up so we can still support Scotland's free prescriptions and university fees?"

see... it is this type of nonsense that is pandered around.... if you are going to bring up something in a discussion at least know the background

the free prescriptions and universities policies comes out of scotlands own health and education budgets...... and is done thru the scottish parliament....

Reply privately

over a year ago

The down's syndrome policy was espoused by a party member, who later resigned due to the embarrassment it caused the party. This may or may not have been embraced within the party leaders. We, quite frankly, will never know.

We do know that parties across the political spectrum voted for the right of abortion of a perfectly healthy foetus "

I imagine they did, however there is a fundamental difference between the two policies. The one you mention was regarding a woman's right to choose, the one i referred to in my link was one man's demand that all fetuses with a certain detectable disability be compulsorily aborted.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Voting UKIP allows them to indulge their xenophobia while pretending to themselves that they aren't fascists. It's very comforting, of course. Safety in numbers "

Thanks for educating me, I never realised that i was a cowardly Racist until now.

I cannot wait to inform my uncles, Sisters, Kids and Grandkids that im suddenly a fucking Half Caste chicken shit fucking Racist.

Gimp

Reply privately

By *abioMan
over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

No paid annual leave

No paid maternity leave

The list of "facts" grows....I heard that ukip voters attract bears...."

actually the last two "facts" were actually mentioned in the two european debates your nigel farage had with nick clegg.....

I can find the transcripts if you like

unless you are calling your nigel a liar of course....

Reply privately

over a year ago

Ukip arn't far right. If they were surely so many labour voters wouldn't have voted for them? Unless most people just vote for who ever their parents voted for or who the sun/mirror tell them to? Surely not!

Reply privately

over a year ago

"All this result and the percieved political swing towards far right has done for me is make me very afraid for my future in every respect. Not least the chances of me and people I know being at increased risk of hate crime when the loonies take over.

It's galvanised me into getting some hands on work done politically if nothing else. "

you safe as when Alex salmond get Scotland free of UK Europe won't have you anyway. ...

Reply privately

over a year ago

We do know that parties across the political spectrum voted for the right of abortion of a perfectly healthy foetus

I imagine they did, however there is a fundamental difference between the two policies. The one you mention was regarding a woman's right to choose, the one i referred to in my link was one man's demand that all fetuses with a certain detectable disability be compulsorily aborted. "

one mans demand ?

Reply privately

over a year ago

Lol he's not "my" nigel farage lol! Anyway what is wrong with fracking?

Reply privately

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

"Lol @ "benefit classes" how offensive!

Why? I live in an area with 3rd generation of families who live on benefits with no interest in changing that or getting a job. How else should I describe them?

I was at school with these people, I had the same options open to me and same training, I've never been out of work. Yes I have a reasonably well paid job, but if I lost that I'm not above cleaning toilets for minimum wage as I would rather that then ever claim benefit.

So what party do I vote for? "

People who work for minimum wage often claim tax credits, is that not a benefit?

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Switzerland arn't in the EU, are they suffering? No.

they actually have "associate" status where all EU laws apply to them, whilst not actually being part of the EU...

kinda like being on the outside looking in, and having laws apply where they have no say in them.......

"

You put it better than i did, lol.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Burn more coal and fracking from what I can gather, because climate change ain't happening...

Reply privately

over a year ago

I imagine they did, however there is a fundamental difference between the two policies. The one you mention was regarding a woman's right to choose, the one i referred to in my link was one man's demand that all fetuses with a certain detectable disability be compulsorily aborted. one mans demand ?"

Yeah according to this article and a few others it was one ukip guy who said it, then he resigned and ukip distanced themselves from him and what he had said.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"

unless you are calling your nigel a liar of course...."

Of course he's a liar, he's a politician....

He's still not mine....

Reply privately

By *r-UniqueMan
over a year ago

Carmarthenshire

For certain reasons. Switzerland, Sweden, America and Australia have it right when it comes to running a country and for those who say they don't. Would you rather their style or ours?

Reply privately

By *abioMan
over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"Lol he's not "my" nigel farage lol! Anyway what is wrong with fracking?"

so are you not disputing my "facts" anymore?????

you just mocked then.......

still want me to find those transcripts?

Reply privately

over a year ago

"

I believe the Swiss recently voted to end freedom of movement free the EU

No say ?

Reply privately

over a year ago

"For certain reasons. Switzerland, Sweden, America and Australia have it right when it comes to running a country and for those who say they don't. Would you rather their style or ours? "

Reply privately

over a year ago

Everything is wrong with fracking.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Everything is wrong with fracking. "

Facts please, and alternatives.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Lol he's not "my" nigel farage lol! Anyway what is wrong with fracking?

still want me to find those transcripts?"

Yeah go on then, what the hell!

Reply privately

over a year ago

They've had quite a few issues with Fracking in the US. It doesn't really seem like a fantastic idea to me.

I'm all for more renewables and making sure every house has a solar panel but then there would be less business to tax (and less money for lobbyists)

Reply privately

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

"They've had quite a few issues with Fracking in the US. It doesn't really seem like a fantastic idea to me.

I'm all for more renewables and making sure every house has a solar panel but then there would be less business to tax (and less money for lobbyists)"

me too and if they wanted to start fracking near my home I'd be very worried.

Reply privately

By *abioMan
over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"

No say ?"

they got their say... it may well come with a consequence as the associate agreement may now come to an end.....

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Everything is wrong with fracking.

Facts please, and alternatives."

Have you considered finding out these facts yourself, rather than using an Internet forum on a sex site? Hazardous waste water is one thing that bothers me greatly. It ends up back in rivers and the general water supply can also be affected.

Reply privately

over a year ago

No say ?"

They aren't full members, so they retain some control but basically if they enacted what they voted on in feb, which was the third such vote and the others weren't enacted, then they will no longer be able to sign themselves with the EU in the ways that they previously have. It'll be a rather simple cost benefit analysis by the government and renovations of National Security which decides the question.

@ using bloody i.r. theory that i hate, but it's true.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Facts please, and alternatives."

Oh, and alternatives? There are plenty, one of which that should definitely be backed is solar roadways - massively renewable, and would create a huge industry worldwide.

Reply privately

By *picyspiregirlCouple
over a year ago

chesterfield

"

No say ?

they got their say... it may well come with a consequence as the associate agreement may now come to an end....."

Are there any consequences so far?

Reply privately

over a year ago

"They've had quite a few issues with Fracking in the US. It doesn't really seem like a fantastic idea to me.

I'm all for more renewables and making sure every house has a solar panel but then there would be less business to tax (and less money for lobbyists)"

What issues? Is this just nimby? Or is there evidence?

Reply privately

over a year ago

"

No say ?

they got their say... it may well come with a consequence as the associate agreement may now come to an end....."

or may not !

Reply privately

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

Have you considered finding out these facts yourself, rather than using an Internet forum on a sex site? Hazardous waste water is one thing that bothers me greatly. It ends up back in rivers and the general water supply can also be affected."

quite often people ask for facts and alternatives as part of a discussion, it can often show up holes or strengths in the argument of someone with an opposing view and make both parties consider their position. I see no harm in asking someone why they support a particular view point, I've done it myself concerning UKIP policies, one guy has answered, one has asked me to explain the other parties policies but no one else has replied. That to me speaks volumes.

Reply privately

By *abioMan
over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"

from european debate 1

Q: Do you sign up to gay marriage?

Farage says he is worried about gay marriage, because European law could lead to churches being forced to conduct gay marriage, and because of that he cannot support gay marriage....

Clegg says he supports gay marriage

Reply privately

over a year ago

Have you considered finding out these facts yourself, rather than using an Internet forum on a sex site? Hazardous waste water is one thing that bothers me greatly. It ends up back in rivers and the general water supply can also be affected.

quite often people ask for facts and alternatives as part of a discussion, it can often show up holes or strengths in the argument of someone with an opposing view and make both parties consider their position. I see no harm in asking someone why they support a particular view point, I've done it myself concerning UKIP policies, one guy has answered, one has asked me to explain the other parties policies but no one else has replied. That to me speaks volumes. "

But I have offered a response, as you've just quoted - twice in fact and he hasn't responded. Neither has the OP.

Reply privately

By *r-UniqueMan
over a year ago

Carmarthenshire

"For certain reasons. Switzerland, Sweden, America and Australia have it right when it comes to running a country and for those who say they don't. Would you rather their style or ours?

"

My point was. Why don't we just copy them as they are admired . Or is it because by doing that. All politicians in Britain have to say they have got it wrong and they are to arrogant and/Zoe stubborn to admit this

Reply privately

By *abioMan
over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"

No say ?

they got their say... it may well come with a consequence as the associate agreement may now come to an end.....

Are there any consequences so far?"

the swiss vote was only 6 weeks ish ago I think, so they are looking into it......

Reply privately

By *an_WoodMan
over a year ago

Stafford

Fracking is as much a part of business for big banks as it is an energy solution. The cost will end up as hugh amount of debt further down the line and guess which of these banks or government pick up the tab. Same trick as sub prim. This time they get to fuck the environment and not just the economy.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"

No say ?

the swiss vote was only 6 weeks ish ago I think, so they are looking into it......"

It was in february, and as i said above it was the third such vote. The other two werent enacted. This one may not be either.

Reply privately

By *abioMan
over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"

No say ?

the swiss vote was only 6 weeks ish ago I think, so they are looking into it......

It was in february, and as i said above it was the third such vote. The other two werent enacted. This one may not be either. "

cool... i'll let you take the swiss questions...

still waiting on salisbury to take back the claim about scottish prescriptions and universities they thru out there......

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Fracking is as much a part of business for big banks as it is an energy solution. The cost will end up as hugh amount of debt further down the line and guess which of these banks or government pick up the tab. Same trick as sub prim. This time they get to fuck the environment and not just the economy. "

Sorry I was having a shower, thanks for your answer, doesn't sound very nice does it? trouble is wind and solar arnt as clean as they'd have you belive, just look how the raw materials for panels, batteries and magnets are mined. devastating for the environment but as it's all happening in China no one cares.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"

No say ?

It was in february, and as i said above it was the third such vote. The other two werent enacted. This one may not be either.

still waiting on salisbury to take back the claim about scottish prescriptions and universities they thru out there......"

Sorry I had read that on an internet forum so assumed it was true....

Reply privately

over a year ago

"

No say ?

still waiting on salisbury to take back the claim about scottish prescriptions and universities they thru out there......"

Lol, I'm just a politics whore. I study war&security studies at uni

Reply privately

By *an_WoodMan
over a year ago

Stafford

I am not talking about renewables as that deserves a separate thread. Just wanted to point out the free gift we are being promised is not quite what it seems. I am ashamed of myself for getting involved in this thread when other filthy ones needed to be perved over

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Fracking is as much a part of business for big banks as it is an energy solution. The cost will end up as hugh amount of debt further down the line and guess which of these banks or government pick up the tab. Same trick as sub prim. This time they get to fuck the environment and not just the economy.

Sorry I was having a shower, thanks for your answer, doesn't sound very nice does it? trouble is wind and solar arnt as clean as they'd have you belive, just look how the raw materials for panels, batteries and magnets are mined. devastating for the environment but as it's all happening in China no one cares."

Yes, this is an issue. The EU's cleaner air strategies are great for the EU in a way, but it has pushed manufacturing output to China, a country with very loose environmental laws. Don't get me started on the Prius...

Reply privately

By *heScotandthegirlCouple
over a year ago

London & Edinburgh

OP's attitude says it all to me... Hoorah UKIP did well so he has some extra pounds. Whoop.

Oh and he removed his pics because "he was sick of gay guys fabbing. them...."

Tolerance and understanding in a nutshell.....

Everybody is entitled to a vote and a voice but I for one am sad today

Ruby

Reply privately

over a year ago

I imagine they did, however there is a fundamental difference between the two policies. The one you mention was regarding a woman's right to choose, the one i referred to in my link was one man's demand that all fetuses with a certain detectable disability be compulsorily aborted. one mans demand ?

Yeah according to this article and a few others it was one ukip guy who said it, then he resigned and ukip distanced themselves from him and what he had said. "

"One UKIP guy" . Not UKIP policy

Reply privately

over a year ago

I imagine they did, however there is a fundamental difference between the two policies. The one you mention was regarding a woman's right to choose, the one i referred to in my link was one man's demand that all fetuses with a certain detectable disability be compulsorily aborted. one mans demand ?

Yeah according to this article and a few others it was one ukip guy who said it, then he resigned and ukip distanced themselves from him and what he had said. "One UKIP guy" . Not UKIP policy

"

Which i pointed out in my original post containing the link. A party member who then resigned, is i believe what i said...

Reply privately

over a year ago

Voting UKIP allows them to indulge their xenophobia while pretending to themselves that they aren't fascists. It's very comforting, of course. Safety in numbers "

this is the second time in two separate posting that you have called UKIP supporters and voters rascists and fascists without the slightest bit of knowlegde about the fellow forumites you tar with those provocative comments you are ill advised and really should refrain from making generalised comments about all people who may have voted UKIP in this instance.

Again for the record i did not vote for UKIP and my politics are between the ballot booth and myself.

Reply privately

over a year ago

from european debate 1

Q: Do you sign up to gay marriage?

Farage says he is worried about gay marriage, because European law could lead to churches being forced to conduct gay marriage, and because of that he cannot support gay marriage....

Clegg says he supports gay marriage"

It was a debate , whether you agree with Farage or not , was it not a valid view point . Potentially Forcing someone to do something totally against their conscience and religious beliefs or should their viewpoint be totally ignored?

Reply privately

By *iss_tressWoman
over a year ago

London

"They seem to be the party for the down trodden working middle classes, who don't receive any help from the government, who look at the rest of society seemingly having a good time at their expense and think hey! That's not fair! The magic is they also appeal too the unemployed skilled working class who have been priced out of work by cheap labour from abroad."

This: unfortunately!

My other half is a heating engineer with his own business. The government's free boilers, the influx of foreign engineers undercutting him, Gas Safety Register inspectors, Health and Safety Executive stifling him in red tape has made him bitter and angry.

The irony is he's Dutch with a black girlfriend. His best friend who he's abandoned me for (when he's been in trouble) is gay and a Pakistani. We live five doors away from one of the ukip bigwigs who has a black wife.

Regardless of what they claim, ukip make me nervous and at times I wonder if I'm harbouring a viper in my nest, but calling them racist etc doesn't alter the fact "decent" people are fed up and down trodden and ukip gives them a voice.

The main parties would be wise to take note and listen and not be dismissive.

Reply privately

By *r-UniqueMan
over a year ago

Carmarthenshire

Where I stand on Gay marriage. Marriage either means a legal commitment between man and woman who then become husband and wife. It has now been updated to legal committed between 2 people: Man and woman, two people of the same gender.

That was part of the meaning of the word marriage and therefore anyone should get married and to who they want.

All of the above said. It also says " a marriage in a church is a religious ceremony". So if you go by that meaning. Gays shouldn't get married as it's hypocritical of whoever is marrying the couple as Gay marriages are very wrong in the eyes of many religions.

However as i am not religious in anyway whatsoever and don't believe a religion should tell you what you can and can't do. I am also a strong believer that it doesn't matter what you or anyone else thinks. If it's making people happy and it isn't hurting you. What's the problem? But that belief also applies to people who don't like this either. You could say I am easy going and don't care what people do either way.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Where I stand on Gay marriage. Marriage either means a legal commitment between man and woman who then become husband and wife. It has now been updated to legal committed between 2 people: Man and woman, two people of the same gender.

That was part of the meaning of the word marriage and therefore anyone should get married and to who they want.

All of the above said. It also says " a marriage in a church is a religious ceremony". So if you go by that meaning. Gays shouldn't get married as it's hypocritical of whoever is marrying the couple as Gay marriages are very wrong in the eyes of many religions.

However as i am not religious in anyway whatsoever and don't believe a religion should tell you what you can and can't do. I am also a strong believer that it doesn't matter what you or anyone else thinks. If it's making people happy and it isn't hurting you. What's the problem? But that belief also applies to people who don't like this either. You could say I am easy going and don't care what people do either way. "

When someone's views are based on hate and bigotry, then I do care.

Reply privately

By *dwalu2Couple
over a year ago

Bristol

this is the second time in two separate posting that you have called UKIP supporters and voters rascists and fascists without the slightest bit of knowlegde about the fellow forumites you tar with those provocative comments you are ill advised and really should refrain from making generalised comments about all people who may have voted UKIP in this instance.

Again for the record i did not vote for UKIP and my politics are between the ballot booth and myself."

Why? If people weren't ignorant, bigots, sexists, racists, homophobes, xenophobes or any combination of those charming traits, they wouldn't be voting UKIP. The party directly seeks to appeal to people with one or all of those traits, this is an incontestable fact.

Making no comment on fellow forumites, here, of course. As you correctly observe, have no knowledge of them as individuals. How that dovetails with their support of a party that exists to welcome people with the traits above is a matter for them.

Reply privately

over a year ago

your welcome buy a pint and we will call it quits lol

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Why? If people weren't ignorant, bigots, sexists, racists, homophobes, xenophobes or any combination of those charming traits, they wouldn't be voting UKIP. The party directly seeks to appeal to people with one or all of those traits, this is an incontestable fact.

Making no comment on fellow forumites, here, of course. As you correctly observe, have no knowledge of them as individuals. How that dovetails with their support of a party that exists to welcome people with the traits above is a matter for them.

"

Reply privately

By *picyspiregirlCouple
over a year ago

chesterfield

Again for the record i did not vote for UKIP and my politics are between the ballot booth and myself.

Why? If people weren't ignorant, bigots, sexists, racists, homophobes, xenophobes or any combination of those charming traits, they wouldn't be voting UKIP. The party directly seeks to appeal to people with one or all of those traits, this is an incontestable fact.

"

where has this "fact" been sourced?

Reply privately

By *dwalu2Couple
over a year ago

Bristol

where has this "fact" been sourced?"

From the comments and actions of their representatives and supporters. Where else would it come from?

Reply privately

By *alandNitaCouple
over a year ago

Scunthorpe

I have to say, I don't see the logic in voting in a party who doesn't like Europe.... It's like hiring a driver who doesn't like cars.....

Reply privately

over a year ago

"where has this "fact" been sourced?"

You don't have to look far to see that it's true to be fair. Read the press, look and listen to the voters. The OP is a prime example.

Reply privately

By *picyspiregirlCouple
over a year ago

chesterfield

From the comments and actions of their representatives and supporters. Where else would it come from?"

So it is the opinion you have formed?

Reply privately

over a year ago

But you are Commenting on people in the Forums tho, as a UKIP supporter by your simple reckoning i must be a Racist Bigot, i find that personally offensive because you have no knowledge of my History or my Beliefs.

Gimp

Reply privately

over a year ago

"But you are Commenting on people in the Forums tho, as a UKIP supporter by your simple reckoning i must be a Racist Bigot, i find that personally offensive because you have no knowledge of my History or my Beliefs.

Gimp"

Why do you support UKIP?

Reply privately

By *picyspiregirlCouple
over a year ago

chesterfield

"But you are Commenting on people in the Forums tho, as a UKIP supporter by your simple reckoning i must be a Racist Bigot, i find that personally offensive because you have no knowledge of my History or my Beliefs.

Gimp"

I'm afraid it is a fact!

Reply privately

over a year ago

Gimp

Why do you support UKIP?"

Because i was lucky enough to be born in a country that allows me freedom of choice.

Gimp

Reply privately

over a year ago

28.9% to SNP and 10.4% to ukip. Hardly a landslide

Reply privately

over a year ago

Gimp

Why do you support UKIP?

Because i was lucky enough to be born in a country that allows me freedom of choice.

Gimp"

Could you elaborate at all on why UKIP in particular?

Reply privately

By *r-UniqueMan
over a year ago

Carmarthenshire

"Where I stand on Gay marriage. Marriage either means a legal commitment between man and woman who then become husband and wife. It has now been updated to legal committed between 2 people: Man and woman, two people of the same gender.

However as i am not religious in anyway whatsoever and don't believe a religion should tell you what you can and can't do. I am also a strong believer that it doesn't matter what you or anyone else thinks. If it's making people happy and it isn't hurting you. What's the problem? But that belief also applies to people who don't like this either. You could say I am easy going and don't care what people do either way.

When someone's views are based on hate and bigotry, then I do care."

And are my views based on hate or bigotry . If more people took to my way of thinking. They'd be a lot less arguing and less hate going around.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"

so they are now guilty by assoication sorry that is a cop out.

Nigel Farage as just been interviewed by vanessa feltz on radio 2 and he was just asked if UKIP would be dealing with The National Front in france and his response was an emphatic NO.

You cannot and should not make sweeping statements about people who vote for a particular party.

What i find strange is that a socialist country like france as again voted for a right wing party like the national front isnt that a contridiction at all levels.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"where has this "fact" been sourced?

You don't have to look far to see that it's true to be fair. Read the press, look and listen to the voters. The OP is a prime example."

Its not a fact it's an opinion !

Reply privately

By *dwalu2Couple
over a year ago

Bristol

From the comments and actions of their representatives and supporters. Where else would it come from?

So it is the opinion you have formed?

"

It's also the view of Sanya-Jeet Thandi, who resigned from the party as a leader of UKIP's youth wing, two weeks ago.

'A British Asian leader of Ukip’s youth wing has quit the party, branding it “racist” and “terrifying”.

Sanya-Jeet Thandi, who had been introduced at Ukip’s party conference as a future leader, said the party has abandoned its core supporters and now appealed to the “stupidity of ignorant anti-immigrant voters for electoral gain”.

"However, announcing her resignation on The Guardian website Miss Thandi said people with “racist views” had now been slipping through Ukip’s checks “time and time again”.

She wrote: “In order to convince society they are not racist they need to stop giving positions in the party to people with racist views.

“It is not good enough to say that these individuals just slipped through the net, time and time again. Yes, Ukip is still a relatively young party.

“No, that is not an excuse to allow racists to stand for election. Nor is it an excuse to exploit the ignorance in British society and indulge the racist vote by telling them 'they'll take your jobs'."

If UKIP voters are comfortable with that, what can you say?

Reply privately

over a year ago

Gimp

Why do you support UKIP?

Gimp"

That explains that you can make a decision, not why you make that decision. Why do you vote UKIP, what are your primary reasons?

Reply privately