over a year ago

Truro

I bet you reply to all the junk mail you get through your letterbox

(thread closed by moderator)

Reply privately

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"Why don't people reply to polite messages manners cost nothing"

time restraints usually, oh and the fact I get far too many messages to reply to every single one...with a polite message or otherwise

Reply privately

By *els_BellsWoman
over a year ago

with the moon n stars somewhere in gtr manc

Some will, some won't.

It's not seen as bad manners according to FAQ.

Just take no reply as not interested. As my favourite saying goes, 'Suck it up buttercup'

On to the next!

Reply privately

By *els_BellsWoman
over a year ago

"I bet you reply to all the junk mail you get through your letterbox"

You mean you don't??!

Reply privately

over a year ago

When I first joined I felt that way. Replied to every msg....some evenings that was all I did. Firefighting really....as soon as one went out another came in. I had no time to properly converse with the people who interested me and the ones who received a polite 'no thanks' simply saw that as an invitation to send another mail...either 'why not' or some kind of abuse because they had been rejected. I'm here for ME...to chat with friends of my choice, visit the forums and perv at will. Or indeed Bob or Fred. If someone chooses to send me an unsolicited msg to MY mailbox...its MY choice to answer or not. Its a grown-up site so no place for petted lips.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"When I first joined I felt that way. Replied to every msg....some evenings that was all I did. Firefighting really....as soon as one went out another came in. I had no time to properly converse with the people who interested me and the ones who received a polite 'no thanks' simply saw that as an invitation to send another mail...either 'why not' or some kind of abuse because they had been rejected. I'm here for ME...to chat with friends of my choice, visit the forums and perv at will. Or indeed Bob or Fred. If someone chooses to send me an unsolicited msg to MY mailbox...its MY choice to answer or not. Its a grown-up site so no place for petted lips. "

What an excellent reply

I think this should be cut and pasted every time a single man asks the same question...which is about three times a day

Reply privately

over a year ago

Reply privately

By *dventuroususCouple
over a year ago

sunderland

Lose the sense of entitlement, no one owes you anything, not replying has nothing to do with bad manners its a simple not interested, do you reply to every bit of junk mail that comes through your door?.

Reply privately

By *els_BellsWoman
over a year ago

"When I first joined I felt that way. Replied to every msg....some evenings that was all I did. Firefighting really....as soon as one went out another came in. I had no time to properly converse with the people who interested me and the ones who received a polite 'no thanks' simply saw that as an invitation to send another mail...either 'why not' or some kind of abuse because they had been rejected. I'm here for ME...to chat with friends of my choice, visit the forums and perv at will. Or indeed Bob or Fred. If someone chooses to send me an unsolicited msg to MY mailbox...its MY choice to answer or not. Its a grown-up site so no place for petted lips.

What an excellent reply

I think this should be cut and pasted every time a single man asks the same question...which is about three times a day "

Great post, but unless things have changed drastically, no one searches previous topics? If they did forums would be a very dim place

Reply privately

By *ophieslutTV/TS
over a year ago

Central

Some fab users could do with private secretaries, a la royal family, to help with their correspondence. Whilst many single guys just get the off mail or two, it is not like that. New forum users may be suprised to learn that it is possible to have several hundred mails in a users inbox - but that is the reality for some. Most people here have impeccable manners - some who have politely declined interest have received responses that are far from decent. That lack of manners has also influenced fewer replies now. Read the fab rules about messages, and accept that life here is not quite like life in a cosy quiet village.

Reply privately

By *ophieslutTV/TS
over a year ago

Central

Some fab users could do with private secretaries, a la royal family, to help with their correspondence. Whilst many single guys just get the off mail or two, it is not like that. New forum users may be suprised to learn that it is possible to have several hundred mails in a users inbox - but that is the reality for some. Most people here have impeccable manners - some who have politely declined interest have received responses that are far from decent. That lack of manners has also influenced fewer replies now. Read the fab rules about messages, and accept that life here is not quite like life in a cosy quiet village.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Some fab users could do with private secretaries, a la royal family, to help with their correspondence. Whilst many single guys just get the off mail or two, it is not like that. New forum users may be suprised to learn that it is possible to have several hundred mails in a users inbox - but that is the reality for some. Most people here have impeccable manners - some who have politely declined interest have received responses that are far from decent. That lack of manners has also influenced fewer replies now. Read the fab rules about messages, and accept that life here is not quite like life in a cosy quiet village. "

especially one that doesnt fuck up sending double posts!

Reply privately

By *ee VianteWoman
over a year ago

Somewhere in North Norfolk

Because they want to spend their time chatting with people who do interest them.

Do message people who don't interest you? Nor does anyone else.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"When I first joined I felt that way. Replied to every msg....some evenings that was all I did. Firefighting really....as soon as one went out another came in. I had no time to properly converse with the people who interested me and the ones who received a polite 'no thanks' simply saw that as an invitation to send another mail...either 'why not' or some kind of abuse because they had been rejected. I'm here for ME...to chat with friends of my choice, visit the forums and perv at will. Or indeed Bob or Fred. If someone chooses to send me an unsolicited msg to MY mailbox...its MY choice to answer or not. Its a grown-up site so no place for petted lips.

What an excellent reply

I think this should be cut and pasted every time a single man asks the same question...which is about three times a day

Great post, but unless things have changed drastically, no one searches previous topics? If they did forums would be a very dim place "

Which is why I said cut and paste it every time the question is asked!

Reply privately

By *els_BellsWoman
over a year ago

"

especially one that doesnt fuck up sending double posts! "

Reply privately

By *els_BellsWoman
over a year ago

"

Which is why I said cut and paste it every time the question is asked!"

All right! Keep your hair on, was only responding to the bit you said about it being asked frequently

Reply privately

over a year ago

What an excellent reply

I think this should be cut and pasted every time a single man asks the same question...which is about three times a day "

Reply privately

over a year ago

Because there are 94,000 men on here, if they replied to all, they would have no life

Her

Reply privately

By *els_BellsWoman
over a year ago

"Because there are 94,000 men on here, if they replied to all, they would have no life

Her"

Ooo 94,000 men? Really

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Because there are 94,000 men on here, if they replied to all, they would have no life

Her

Ooo 94,000 men? Really "

Reply privately

By *igSuki81Man
over a year ago

Retirement Village

"Some will, some won't.

It's not seen as bad manners according to FAQ.

Just take no reply as not interested. As my favourite saying goes, 'Suck it up buttercup'

On to the next!"

Reply privately

over a year ago

Again......

Reply privately

By *B9 QueenWoman
over a year ago

Over the rainbow, under the bridge

If I replied to all the messages I got from people who did not match my preferences, either because they couldn't be arsed reading my profile or they'd read it and were chancing their arm, I'd never get anything done.

I give polite replies to those who have clearly read my profile and match my preferences. Even if it is a no thanks.

Reply privately

By *iewMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Angus & Findhorn

did you read the FAQ's when you joined, this is covered.

and if you have been here before, it ain't changed.

Reply privately

over a year ago

I do if it contains an envelope I send it back to them. If it doesn't I send it all to whoever sends me the next envelope

Reply privately

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman
over a year ago

evesham

And how will receiving lots of no thank you emails enhance your life exactly?

Reply privately

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 25/05/14 08:33:11]

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Why don't people reply to polite messages manners cost nothing

And how will receiving lots of no thank you emails enhance your life exactly?"

Reply privately

over a year ago

A not interested is a not interested however you look at it.

Women can't win. They block or ignore they are called ignorant and rude.

They say no thanks - and they then get why ever not? for the next message after message.

Threads like this make the men look weak and needy: just move on.

A NO with glitter on it, in a pretty box, with a pink ribbon on the top is still a NO.

X

Reply privately