Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

All inclusive holidays.

Jump to newest

By *r-Unique OP   Man
over a year ago

Carmarthenshire

So when you pay for one and you know meals/flights/drinks and accommodation is paid for. How much spending money do you take?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *ackandkateCouple
over a year ago

Truro

We just got back from Corfu. We were in self catering apartment as we like to eat out at different place everyday. We met a couple who were "fully inclusive" but found out when they got there that the menu was very basic and cocktails, fruit juices and water were not included in the deal.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 24/05/14 19:13:48]

over a year ago

It depends where i'm going or how long for,

A few hundred or more if you are planing on doing stuff outside the complex,

You can always change it back to pounds when you get home

over a year ago

"So when you pay for one and you know meals/flights/drinks and accommodation is paid for. How much spending money do you take? "

£100 a day.

over a year ago

"So when you pay for one and you know meals/flights/drinks and accommodation is paid for. How much spending money do you take? "
. Depends where you o I suppose I've just it back from Caribbean where it was all inc,,,,,and to the point there was optics in your room,,,,I ended up spending at the airport....take coupled hundred in case any excursions. Also egypt is all inc but there shorts are disgusting and you have to pay for premium drinks. Where as Caribbean everything wa all inc

over a year ago

from what I remember when I worked for first choice in the Balearics, all inclusive just meant all your food, entertainment and drinks but not premium drinks...if you want the real deal you have to pay, and of course you pay for excursions etc outside the hotel/complex so it depends on how long you are going for but a couple of hundred should cover stuff...unless you hate the foreign food that is lol

over a year ago

Depends where you're going, I went to Mexico for two weeks all inclusive and I took £750 and came back with £200. I usually budget £50 to £100 a day if I'm going all inclusive.

over a year ago

I would hate to go on any holiday where I was tied to a hotel 24/7 regardless of how many bars and/or restaurants it has.

I don't get it that people pay thousands of pounds to go to places like the Caribbean and do sod all but sit on a beach and see nothing except the airport and the hotel.

I think half the time it's for the kudos of saying they've been somewhere far flung and exotic.

You could be anywhere in the world if restricted to four walls and a pool. All that's different is the view.

I have never been one for lounging about in the sun and much prefer to rent an apartment and get out and about and explore.

I much prefer eating with the locals and travelling on public transport than organised trips that take you where they want you to go and to their timetable not your own.

That said, I can see the attraction for those with kids to entertain - going away ain't cheap these days and if by booking all inc saves a few quid or helps you budget then

The other benefit is, of course, you can book in the full knowledge that you needn't worry about finding me mumbling and moaning away in the corner.

Unless, of course, you log in to the forums

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman
over a year ago

evesham

You don't need spending money when you fly with daddy travel agents

Booking a holiday this weekend hopefully!!

By *radleyandRavenCouple
over a year ago

Herts

I'll still usually take £300 - 500 with me on an all-inclusive holiday. I like to get out and about but I also like the security of knowing that your food and drink are taken care of if anything happens, ect.

The hotels I've been to have always provided a wide range of fresh food though (then again, I won't go below 4* to be fair).

- Amy. x

By *r-Unique OP   Man
over a year ago

Carmarthenshire

"I'll still usually take £300 - 500 with me on an all-inclusive holiday. I like to get out and about but I also like the security of knowing that your food and drink are taken care of if anything happens, ect.

The hotels I've been to have always provided a wide range of fresh food though (then again, I won't go below 4* to be fair).

- Amy. x"

How long you do for? When you went did that have clubs/pubs in the same place as the hotel and is that included when going all inclusive?

By *radleyandRavenCouple
over a year ago

Herts

"How long you do for? When you went did that have clubs/pubs in the same place as the hotel and is that included when going all inclusive? "

I prefer to go for 2 weeks. I don't know abouts pubs/clubs in the same place, you'll usually have a bar and evening entertainment that will have kareoke, DJ's, special acts, ect but you'd still leave the hotel to go clubbing.

- Amy. x

By *radleyandRavenCouple
over a year ago

Herts

"How long you do for? When you went did that have clubs/pubs in the same place as the hotel and is that included when going all inclusive?"

But yes, if you stay in the bar inside the resort, your drinks will usually be free until about 1-2am (with some resorts excluding brand name alcohol and speciality cocktails).

So for example, rather than asking for a Bacardi and , you'd have to ask for white rum and , otherwise they may try and charge you for it. x

By *r-Unique OP   Man
over a year ago

Carmarthenshire

"How long you do for? When you went did that have clubs/pubs in the same place as the hotel and is that included when going all inclusive?

I prefer to go for 2 weeks. I don't know abouts pubs/clubs in the same place, you'll usually have a bar and evening entertainment that will have kareoke, DJ's, special acts, ect but you'd still leave the hotel to go clubbing.

- Amy. x"

Sure I've heard of resorts that "own" these clubs too and is part of the offer and it's so nice. People don't tend to explore the area and just stay there. So that's about £35 a day for you then

By *radleyandRavenCouple
over a year ago

Herts

"Sure I've heard of resorts that "own" these clubs too and is part of the offer and it's so nice. People don't tend to explore the area and just stay there. So that's about £35 a day for you then "

Something like that. I will spend the odd day just lounging around the pool but that usually does me for days out, excursions, the odd meal/drinks out, souvenirs and gifts, ect. And I'll usually still come back with £100 - 200, especially if I've been to Turkey. x

By *r-Unique OP   Man
over a year ago

Carmarthenshire

"Sure I've heard of resorts that "own" these clubs too and is part of the offer and it's so nice. People don't tend to explore the area and just stay there. So that's about £35 a day for you then

Something like that. I will spend the odd day just lounging around the pool but that usually does me for days out, excursions, the odd meal/drinks out, souvenirs and gifts, ect. And I'll usually still come back with £100 - 200, especially if I've been to Turkey. x"

Thread was created to prove it's possible to have a "small" lads/girly holiday even though they have lives of their own.

By *radleyandRavenCouple
over a year ago

Herts

"Thread was created to prove it's possible to have a "small" lads/girly holiday even though they have lives of their own. "

Ah right. Well you do get people that take absolutely nothing with them but I still would, just for peace mind. x

By *r-Unique OP   Man
over a year ago

Carmarthenshire

"Thread was created to prove it's possible to have a "small" lads/girly holiday even though they have lives of their own.

Ah right. Well you do get people that take absolutely nothing with them but I still would, just for peace mind. x"

So it is possible. All I wanted to know really. Going to suggest it now when out

over a year ago

We are going AI to Cape Verde this year for our first summer holiday without the kids.

The hotel is in the middle of nowhere on a beautiful beach. All we want to do is drop our bags in the room and flop on a sunbed for a fortnight as a change from our usual hectic Italian holidays.

I will take enough euros and my trusty credit card. Whatever euros we come back with will be confiscated by our Daughter for her Malia spending money fund

over a year ago

Take money for tips!!!!

Aim to tip £10 worth at least per day. Your service will be massively improved!!! Drinks will be stronger/refilled more regularly etc. Plus anyone else who serves you regularly like restaurant waiter etc.

I always tip barman, waiters & restaurant staff a hefty tip after the first day. (I used to rep for Thomson).

My last holiday I tipped the waiter £20 on day two, asking to bring us fresh drinks every 15-30 minutes, and he proceeded to do that for the rest of the holiday, with the odd extra tip every couple of days.

Make sure you tip early in the evening. Don't wait until you leave each night. You tip abroad to enhance service, not as a parting gesture like the uk does.

Enjoy!

By *r-Unique OP   Man
over a year ago

Carmarthenshire

"Take money for tips!!!!

Aim to tip £10 worth at least per day. Your service will be massively improved!!! Drinks will be stronger/refilled more regularly etc. Plus anyone else who serves you regularly like restaurant waiter etc.

I always tip barman, waiters & restaurant staff a hefty tip after the first day. (I used to rep for Thomson).

My last holiday I tipped the waiter £20 on day two, asking to bring us fresh drinks every 15-30 minutes, and he proceeded to do that for the rest of the holiday, with the odd extra tip every couple of days.

Make sure you tip early in the evening. Don't wait until you leave each night. You tip abroad to enhance service, not as a parting gesture like the uk does.

Enjoy! "

So pay them the first day you see them? After a few drinks that is? That must mean £140 I tips for a 10 day holiday .

You used to work for Thompson? May want a word with you, lol x

over a year ago

over a year ago

I agree with giving a decent tip to the Bar staff as it pays dividends when people are waiting to be served and all you have to do is catch their eye and the drinks appear at your table a few minutes later.

We did this on a cruise where everything was included except alcoholic drinks. It made one hell of a difference to the final bill. He was happy with his tips and we were very happy that he couldn't add up and decided just to charge us for our first drinks every day.

By *edangel_2013Woman
over a year ago

southend

Friends of mine went all inclusive to Egypt recently. On advice they heavily tipped the barman at the bar they were going to be using most (poolside bar) on the first day. For the rest of the holiday their drinks were refilled regularly and with premium spirits!

over a year ago

Get a post office credit card and a Norwich and Peterborough account.

Post office doesn't charge you for foreign currency transactions. So you just pay at the MasterCard taste of the day.

N&P don't charge for using cash points abroad. You just pay the shown on the screen (some foreign banks don't charge).

We went to Asia for 6 weeks and only took about 100US for total emergencies. Just took out cash to see us through for a few days at a time and spent on the card when we could.

over a year ago

"Take money for tips!!!!

Enjoy!

So pay them the first day you see them? After a few drinks that is? That must mean £140 I tips for a 10 day holiday .

You used to work for Thompson? May want a word with you, lol x"

Depends on your budget really, and what country you go to... I'd give a hefty tip on the second day. And to the barman who gives you the most attention. You don't want to tip the one who only works morning for instance, when you drink in the evenings, or whatever.. It'll take you a day or so to figure that out.

Just make sure that however much you choose to tip, you give a big one initially, and then smaller ones as and when, with a "top up" mid holiday.

over a year ago

Package holidays and the terminology that they bring make me nauseous. All inclusive is another term for gluttony on the cheap.

over a year ago

"Package holidays and the terminology that they bring make me nauseous. All inclusive is another term for gluttony on the cheap. "
tou sound like somebody who has never been to an all inclusive hotel?

I never do packages

over a year ago

"Package holidays and the terminology that they bring make me nauseous. All inclusive is another term for gluttony on the cheap. tou sound like somebody who has never been to an all inclusive hotel?

I never do packages"

The thought fills me with dread. Why on gods earth would you want to go to a canteen with a wristband?

over a year ago

Who says you must have a wristband?

By *r-Unique OP   Man
over a year ago

Carmarthenshire

Also I thought you can go anywhere, whenever you want. The only thing people should be wary of is taking the right amount of money and what it includes drink/food wise. The holiday is what you want it to be. Not what the holiday companies say

over a year ago

Take pre paid Euro card, top it up with money, cheaper than conventional cards, and you get a good exchange rate, £1500 = €1800.

Moneysupermarket will show you the best cards/rates etc, work on £100 Euros a day, all inclusive will be less but worth having for the odd night out. have fun

over a year ago

"Package holidays and the terminology that they bring make me nauseous. All inclusive is another term for gluttony on the cheap. tou sound like somebody who has never been to an all inclusive hotel?

I never do packagesThe thought fills me with dread. Why on gods earth would you want to go to a canteen with a wristband?"

Deluxe AI adult only hotels do not have wristbands, and there are many waiter service restaurants to dine in, no canteens. and payable wine lists, room service, spas.

Post new Message to Thread