Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

blocked or just deleted thread

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

I had a thread that was closed yesterday, that might of not been appropriate. Not sure if i broke rules.

It was to get attention of another fab user living abroad in an other tourist destination, to get his perspective and insight. Now wondering if blocked or if post was just taken down.

Thanks

(thread closed by moderator)

Reply privately

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

It's probably been deleted if you can't find it, especially if you think it wasn't appropriate. Mods sometimes close a thread but I've never heard of anyone being blocked form a thread.

Reply privately

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

"It's probably been deleted if you can't find it, especially if you think it wasn't appropriate. Mods sometimes close a thread but I've never heard of anyone being blocked form a thread."

Thanks legs

Reply privately

over a year ago

"It's probably been deleted if you can't find it, especially if you think it wasn't appropriate. Mods sometimes close a thread but I've never heard of anyone being blocked form a thread.

Thanks legs"

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I had a thread that was closed yesterday, that might of not been appropriate. Not sure if i broke rules.

It was to get attention of another fab user living abroad in an other tourist destination, to get his perspective and insight. Now wondering if blocked or if post was just taken down.

Thanks "

That happened to me, the thread was moved.

Reply privately

By *ezebelWoman
over a year ago

North of The Wall - youll need your vest

You cant be blocked from a thread. If the thread isnt there any more it has been deleted.

Reply privately

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

If it was the one I am thinking of it had the user name on the title?

The best thing to do is mail the person instead as they may not want a thread all of their own....if you used the forum because you can't mail them then that isn't allowed.

Reply privately

By *ee VianteWoman
over a year ago

Somewhere in North Norfolk

"I had a thread that was closed yesterday, that might of not been appropriate. Not sure if i broke rules.

Thanks "

I said at the time it seemed like sending him a message directly seemed like it would have been more appropriate.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"If it was the one I am thinking of it had the user name on the title?

The best thing to do is mail the person instead as they may not want a thread all of their own....if you used the forum because you can't mail them then that isn't allowed. "

Usernames can be in the title of treads though can't they, as this is very common practice on the forums. There are two happy birthday ones in the lounge currently. I'm not sure that everyone who has a thread posted about them, with their username in the title has been asked permission before the creation if it.

I didn't see the thread so don't know if it broke forum rules in another way

Reply privately

By *ee VianteWoman
over a year ago

Somewhere in North Norfolk

The best thing to do is mail the person instead as they may not want a thread all of their own....if you used the forum because you can't mail them then that isn't allowed.

Usernames can be in the title of treads though can't they, as this is very common practice on the forums. There are two happy birthday ones in the lounge currently. I'm not sure that everyone who has a thread posted about them, with their username in the title has been asked permission before the creation if it.

I didn't see the thread so don't know if it broke forum rules in another way "

A thread about someone else, to celebrate their birthday, for example, is different from a thread aimed at having a direct conversation with a certain forum user. At least, it is in my view.

Reply privately

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman
over a year ago

evesham

I didn't see the thread so don't know if it broke forum rules in another way "

Think the difference is if it looks like it's trying to get round a block or filter.

Reply privately

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

I am sure anyone can figure out the difference between a forum user posting birthday wishes for another forum user to someone who is posting a thread for a person they have never spoken to before and could potentially be using the forum to get around a mail block.

To the OP...you have your answer anyway

Reply privately