Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Do you believe in signs ,

Jump to newest

By *sm OP   Woman
over a year ago

Liskeard

Not signs on the roads but signs from the universe , or the fates?

I was feeling very alone today, really missing my late husbands presence. I was sitting there with the window open thinking about him and just remembering some of the amazing things we have seen and done when, a robin flew in to my dinning room, landed on the back of a chair and sat there for a moment , chirped a few times then flew back out the window to join another robin on the garden fence.

The robin was my late lovers favourite bird. So I am taking it as a sign that he is around and still with me in spirt.

Where's the crying but smiling emoticon when you need it .

So do you believe , do you look for signs to make you way through life?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

yes I do and its fate

By *imwildWoman
over a year ago

around

I do. Coincidence, fate, signs etc whatever anyone says if it gives comfort, makes you smile, anything positive its all good.

By *isscheekychopsWoman
over a year ago

The land of grey peas and bacon

I'm a great believer in all that stuff...signs etc. I'm glad that experience gave you some form of comfort, I'm sure your husband watches over all the time. We have guardian angels mine is my nan...I know in times of distress and feelings of being lost she is there...

over a year ago

I'm up for all that too...I would definitely see it as a positive sign

over a year ago

over a year ago

it isnt divine or supernatural. its in your head, consciously or otherwise. and it helps you cope, so its all for the good. there are umpteen times when you have felt sad, alone and missing your husband, but your window was closed. he is still with you, in memories and his family and belongings. the dead are still there for us, if we just remember them, what they would have done in situations and how they altered your life permanently just by being part of it, however briefly. i am hardcore atheist, but am still as subject to my emotions as a believer. im glad the robin cheered you up. why not become a twitcher? you will see more of him!

By *awty MaxWoman
over a year ago

Edinburgh

I do take the 'signs' as positive... But I don't look for them... Love seeing my robin, even seen 2 together very unusual as they are very territorial and finding my white feathers in the most unusual places... X

By *sm OP   Woman
over a year ago

Liskeard

Thank you for all you replies .

I like to think it is positive and a good sign.. I went out to do some ing and the / a robin was pecking at the ground not far from me .

So feel so much better than I did this morning x

By *oxy_minxWoman
over a year ago

Scotland - Aberdeen

Well this is something I hadn't heard before until a few years ago, but a Robin visiting you, is meant to mean a spirit returning to say hello, so I would accept it for what it is and smile and say hello back

over a year ago

A belief is whatever makes you happy and content so if its working for you then its all good.

Gimp

By *ScotsmanMan
over a year ago

ayrshire

Yes, yes and yes.im also up and down like a yo yo and my third eye says . .light candy colours bring joy ?. . . .eh? That was weird? . .

By *uby0000Woman
over a year ago

hertfordshire

since my dad went my mum has had some really odd things happen shes sure hes still with her but if it helps her cope its all good

By *uke olovingmanMan
over a year ago

Gravesend

thats so sweet.. i remember seeing a chinese lantern floating up into the sky the day my father died .. i though of him floating up to heaven when i saw it

By *bbandflowCouple
over a year ago

South Devon

Humans since pre history have sought to find solace from the terrible truth that life deals random personal tragedies...rationally, of course it's untenable and bleak..but whatever gets people through the pain seems to me a totally human response.

By *rightonsteveMan
over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

I think the robin was lovely and I hope it cheered you x

By *ScotsmanMan
over a year ago

ayrshire

Theres a voice saying to me. . .its all clear now you are all i have. . .gimme a chance to hold on gimme a chance to hold on. .just gimme a chance to hold on. . . . .and Thats for . . .trevor?

over a year ago

I often have lights flickering when I think of my nanny. I always think of it as a sign she is here watching over me. I believe in spirits, call me crazy, but I do!

over a year ago

I'd always been very skeptical about these kind of things, but since losing my grandparents and a special uncle I've become a bit more open minded...maybe I'm just looking for comfort and finding it, or maybe it's being offered. Whichever it is though something always seems to come along when I need it to that makes me think they are still 'around' and that makes me smile, so whether it was your partner sending his love, or just a happy coincidence enjoy the comfort you got from the memory x

over a year ago

I tend to see all of life as a dream we inhabit...God's dream if you want to call it that. I'm completely agnostic about whether the universe physically exists or not and I think that's important as it's pretty much impossible to prove one way or another. In light of that...yes...absolutely...the whole universe is one great big theatre of signs and, once you open yourself to seeing them, amazing things start to happen

There isn't an emoticon for a foil hat wearing looney so this'll have to do

By *sm OP   Woman
over a year ago

Liskeard

"Well this is something I hadn't heard before until a few years ago, but a Robin visiting you, is meant to mean a spirit returning to say hello, so I would accept it for what it is and smile and say hello back "

Thank you for sharing that , I'll do some more research .

Post new Message to Thread