Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

ukip threads maxed out so fast a bit like there rise to power

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

threads maxed out faster than any others posted about sex on a swingers site ,ukip are the most popular political party in british hostory ,fact stats prove it conseratives need to form a coalition otherwise there be getting there p 45 ,i would rather not join a coalition and just form full control even if it takes 5 years

(closed, thread got too big)

Reply privately

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Hilarious.

Reply privately

over a year ago

UKIP are very visible that is for sure and it seems they appear bigger than the reality.

Of 1886 seats so far, they have won 92. This is not a rise to power thus far, there is a long road ahead for them with plenty of potholes.

What perhaps should be worrying for UKIP and Tories, is the big swing towards Labour.

Reply privately

By *igeiaWoman
over a year ago

Bristol

And breathe. I don't even know where to start. Although I reckon if I started a 'rate my vaj' thread it might go down in hostory too (pun intended).

Reply privately

over a year ago

"threads maxed out faster than any others posted about sex on a swingers site ,ukip are the most popular political party in british hostory ,fact stats prove it conseratives need to form a coalition otherwise there be getting there p 45 ,i would rather not join a coalition and just form full control even if it takes 5 years "

Have you got a source for these stats and facts? Or are you basing it on how many people weigh in about the topic on a swingers site?

Just wondering.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"threads maxed out faster than any others posted about sex on a swingers site ,ukip are the most popular political party in british hostory ,fact stats prove it conseratives need to form a coalition otherwise there be getting there p 45 ,i would rather not join a coalition and just form full control even if it takes 5 years "

On what basis are they "the most popular in political in history"?

Reply privately

over a year ago

"threads maxed out faster than any others posted about sex on a swingers site ,"

Can you prove that?

The thread didn't 'max' out in a positive way though, or are you overoolking that small fact

Reply privately

over a year ago

"UKIP are very visible that is for sure and it seems they appear bigger than the reality.

Of 1886 seats so far, they have won 92. This is not a rise to power thus far, there is a long road ahead for them with plenty of potholes.

What perhaps should be worrying for UKIP and Tories, is the big swing towards Labour."

what has your local council done about potholes ? why do we motorists pay road tax where does it go ? revenue making speed cameras perhaps

Reply privately

over a year ago

"threads maxed out faster than any others posted about sex on a swingers site ,

Can you prove that?

The thread didn't 'max' out in a positive way though, or are you overoolking that small fact "

i sat up watching this record rise to power all night ,i have closely followed it all my adult life no party has ever done this well so fast in history i dont read the mail or the mirror but allmost every other paper ,im not rascist my kids godfather is black i have fucked many black women apart from other women from many many nations ,im just a working class realistic person

Reply privately

over a year ago

Can you prove that?

The thread didn't 'max' out in a positive way though, or are you overoolking that small fact i sat up watching this record rise to power all night ,i have closely followed it all my adult life no party has ever done this well so fast in history i dont read the mail or the mirror but allmost every other paper ,im not rascist my kids godfather is black i have fucked many black women apart from other women from many many nations ,im just a working class realistic person "

You obviously didn't read my question either I asked if you could prove that the threads maxed out faster than any others

Reply privately

over a year ago

It does not matter about the swing vote weather it is good or bad everybody is talking about UKIP x

Reply privately

over a year ago

"UKIP are very visible that is for sure and it seems they appear bigger than the reality.

What perhaps should be worrying for UKIP and Tories, is the big swing towards Labour.what has your local council done about potholes ? why do we motorists pay road tax where does it go ? revenue making speed cameras perhaps"

It's very well known that speed cameras don't actually make much money and I'm not sure that UKIP winning a seat will magically bring about a pot of gold to fix the potholes.

Interesting to note that you didn't actually address the hard statistics, nor do you actually seem to quote any yourself.

Fanciful opinion a fact is not.

Reply privately

over a year ago

rise to power, my arse! (in the words of the great Jim Royle)

Reply privately

By *ophieslutTV/TS
over a year ago

Central

It is hilarious, as someone posted above. They've been given an unprecedented amount of media exposure, for a party that doesn't even have one MP. The Green party should have had a higher level of coverage, given their far greater strength.

As it stands, it's more of the old same - a privately educated toff who's been creaming our European expenses a plenty. They are partnered with some of the most grotesque people in Europe, who'd make anyone's toes curl, I hope. They are the laziest party in Europe, giving the least back to voters, as well as us taxpayers that fund their exorbitant salaries and expenses. They are just another chip off the same block.

And they have no policies - just a one trick pony, get us out of Europe, apart from ensuring workers rights are lost, including minimum wage etc. It's like turkeys voting for Christmas

Reply privately

By *issHottieBottieWoman
over a year ago

Kent

These ukip posts are the funniest thing I've read in ages.

Same few posters reciting the same sentences over and over interspersed with and and the other 160 posts in the thread saying what a load of old shite it all is

Reply privately

over a year ago

Labor and Liberal voters should be put in camps. Let them feel the horrors of Butlins!

Reply privately

over a year ago

"i sat up watching this record rise to power all night ,i have closely followed it all my adult life no party has ever done this well so fast in history i dont read the mail or the mirror but allmost every other paper ,im not rascist my kids godfather is black i have fucked many black women apart from other women from many many nations ,im just a working class realistic person "

21 years... and not a single MP?..

Reply privately

By *bbandflowCouple
over a year ago

South Devon

UKIP 'success' is a direct by product of the 24/7 news media industry. Threatened financially by other forms of news distribution, UKIP have been manna from heaven in a political landscape that has been distinctly moribund since the demise of the last Labour government.

The positive from this is that maybe people might be encouraged to engage in the political process again.

The negative being that it's taken a quasi far right, delusion, political flyweight of a party to stir the people.

Reply privately

By *hrissie1961Woman
over a year ago

dumfries and galloway

Another dreamer

Reply privately

over a year ago

"UKIP 'success' is a direct by product of the 24/7 news media industry. Threatened financially by other forms of news distribution, UKIP have been manna from heaven in a political landscape that has been distinctly moribund since the demise of the last Labour government.

The positive from this is that maybe people might be encouraged to engage in the political process again.

The negative being that it's taken a quasi far right, delusion, political flyweight of a party to stir the people."

Surely UKIP's "success" is a direct by-product of people actually voting for them?

Reply privately

over a year ago

I remember a similar rise of the BNP in my area not that many years ago

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Surely UKIP's "success" is a direct by-product of people actually voting for them?"

True. And most people didn't.

Reply privately

By *an_WoodMan
over a year ago

Stafford

Comedy threads are usually popular.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Can you prove that?

The thread didn't 'max' out in a positive way though, or are you overoolking that small fact i sat up watching this record rise to power all night ,i have closely followed it all my adult life no party has ever done this well so fast in history i dont read the mail or the mirror but allmost every other paper ,im not rascist my kids godfather is black i have fucked many black women apart from other women from many many nations ,im just a working class realistic person "

So what are you going to do with your 5% power? Watch you don't spend it all in the one sweetie shop.

Look, UKIP have garnered a lot of media attention recently as Farage is a divisive figure and he's someone relatively new for the media to shout about.

The bigger issue the main parties have utterly failed to recognise and address is that the voting public is both apathetic and angry and so far they hear the same windbags, full of rhetoric and no action, day after day telling them they feel their pain. They don't and they never will so the public is doing something about it.

Politicians, now more so than ever, have to get a grip on how the voting public think and operate (social media etc) and get with it! The public want someone who is going to do something to sort what they perceive to be their problems. Farage has said what they want to hear, the fact that he really only stands for two policies doesn't seem to enter into it.

Word of warning through! Decades ago no one said the SNP would ever win a majority and have a hope of making a dent in politics and now look...That happened because just over half the people in Scotland voted for them and not labour / Tory etc because they were angry and fed up with the bullshit from Westminster.

Reply privately

By *isscheekychopsWoman
over a year ago

The land of grey peas and bacon

I love it when people say I'm not racist I've got a black (insert ethnic minority here) friend....people may have a black friend etc...it don't mean that they are not racist

Reply privately

over a year ago

And again....UKIP can kiss my fat arse... That is all..!!

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I love it when people say I'm not racist I've got a black (insert ethnic minority here) friend....people may have a black friend etc...it don't mean that they are not racist "

I suspect he'd lose quite a few if they see his threads and comments today.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I love it when people say I'm not racist I've got a black (insert ethnic minority here) friend....people may have a black friend etc...it don't mean that they are not racist

I suspect he'd lose quite a few if they see his threads and comments today."

he'll even

Reply privately

By *isscheekychopsWoman
over a year ago

"I love it when people say I'm not racist I've got a black (insert ethnic minority here) friend....people may have a black friend etc...it don't mean that they are not racist "

Doesn't not don't

Reply privately

over a year ago

why ethnic minority? what about ethnic majority? are you suggesting you cant be racist against white people in the UK

Reply privately

By *isscheekychopsWoman
over a year ago

"I love it when people say I'm not racist I've got a black (insert ethnic minority here) friend....people may have a black friend etc...it don't mean that they are not racist

why ethnic minority? what about ethnic majority? are you suggesting you cant be racist against white people in the UK "

Don't you start

Reply privately

over a year ago

its all down to nigel farange

guys 1 cool motherf**ker

Reply privately

over a year ago

why ethnic minority? what about ethnic majority? are you suggesting you cant be racist against white people in the UK "

actually I suppose that should say you cant be racist against English people in the UK

Reply privately

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 23/05/14 14:42:54]

Reply privately

over a year ago

why ethnic minority? what about ethnic majority? are you suggesting you cant be racist against white people in the UK

Don't you start "

haha as if I would

it does make me laugh thought how when people talk about racist here people always assume its English doing the bullying, like none white/English people can be racist towards English people in this country

Reply privately

over a year ago

actually I suppose that should say you cant be racist against English people in the UK"

A racist is a racist no matter what race they are and how do you define English?

Reply privately

By *ibbyhunterCouple
over a year ago

keighley

"And again....UKIP can kiss my fat arse... That is all..!! "

your not head of the bbc's political department are you ?.

Reply privately

over a year ago

actually I suppose that should say you cant be racist against English people in the UK

A racist is a racist no matter what race they are and how do you define English?"

People from England?

Reply privately

over a year ago

A racist is a racist no matter what race they are and how do you define English?

People from England? "

Pmsl Was just checking.

Reply privately

By *isscheekychopsWoman
over a year ago

Don't you start

haha as if I would

it does make me laugh thought how when people talk about racist here people always assume its English doing the bullying, like none white/English people can be racist towards English people in this country "

Oh I've come across it bring called a honkie etc...

Reply privately

over a year ago

Don't you start

haha as if I would

it does make me laugh thought how when people talk about racist here people always assume its English doing the bullying, like none white/English people can be racist towards English people in this country

Oh I've come across it bring called a honkie etc..."

I had a guy I met off here call me white trash once then was seriously confused when I didn't want to shag him

Reply privately

By *ScotsmanMan
over a year ago

ayrshire

Bein Scottish this huge thread has made me think you guys have a lot of angst down there .im feeling a bit weird myself today..i hope you dont all start fighting,I've put snow patrol to try to make myself feel better.so far not working hence this stupid text sorry

Reply privately

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 23/05/14 14:52:44]

Reply privately

over a year ago

So some one born in England are English regardless of race and colour x

Reply privately

over a year ago

"So some one born in England are English regardless of race and colour x"

does that not make your british?

I suppose it depends what you want to class yourself as, my parents are from Sicily, me and my sister was born there, we cam to England when I was 3, my mother had another child after we moved but my dad was very proud of his culture and maintained my brother was still a Sicilian, he used to say...all because your born in a stable that don't make you a cow

Reply privately

over a year ago

So many muppits vote for them the backward scum bet the voters spend there time throwing rocks at the moon

Reply privately

By *ev-PMan
over a year ago

Hampshire

What a fucking waste of time reading this shower of shite

Reply privately

over a year ago

"threads maxed out faster than any others posted about sex on a swingers site ,ukip are the most popular political party in british hostory "

Thanks OP, all the news hype has concerned me a little, but seeing you happy when 95% of the posts are negative and UKIP have landed a small proportion of jobs deciding on how often to empty bins.

With a bit of luck there will be just enough learned to make damned sure they don't get a single seat in Westminster next year.

Reply privately

By *abioMan
over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

Actually the other interesting thing from these elections is where the greens put up candidates they on average got 15% of the vote......

The other irony re ukip.. We now have acceptable face of far right of centre politics... A la "le front nationale" in France

We truly are European after all!

Reply privately

over a year ago

What perhaps should be worrying for UKIP and Tories, is the big swing towards Labour.what has your local council done about potholes ? why do we motorists pay road tax where does it go ? revenue making speed cameras perhaps"

Can I just point out that you don't pay road tax and neither does any motorist in this country...

Reply privately

By *ss2011Man
over a year ago

Leeds/Bradford

No offence OP but you're the worst spokesperson for UKIP. Should of let the thread die when it maxed out...otherwise you're pushing your _iews on everyone again, which makes any political party look bad.

Reply privately

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

My post copied and pasted from the Fuck UKIP thread:

I blame Ryan; 'Kippers everywhere!

UKIP have achieved much. Which councils are they running? How many MPs do they have? None, you say? Well, the press and UKIP made it seem that they had swept the board and taken over the country.

My two favourite Twats this morning:

1. "Scotland waking up in a 70s sitcom this morning as they realise their next door neighbour is a bit racist."

2. "UKIP spokesman "We don't tend to do well in London because it's cultural, educated and young". Their words. Not mine..."

All I managed to write was "It's 'Kippers for breakfast, lunch and dinner today".

Must do better. I'll use UKIP words in future as they do themselves down much better than I can manage.

I will add that I don't actually blame Ryan in case anyone thinks I was being serious. He uses kippers for slapping people.

Reply privately

over a year ago

I get this all the time if I'm around someone and they say something offensive lol they have no clue how idiotic they sound trying to explain to me why they're not lol

Reply privately

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

I get this all the time if I'm around someone and they say something offensive lol they have no clue how idiotic they sound trying to explain to me why they're not lol "

This whole thread series must seem very parochial to you: the UK gets worked up about people who voted for a bunch of people who still don't run ANYTHING.

Wait until you get the threads for our General Election next year.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Bein Scottish this huge thread has made me think you guys have a lot of angst down there .im feeling a bit weird myself today..i hope you dont all start fighting,I've put snow patrol to try to make myself feel better.so far not working hence this stupid text sorry "

If snow patrol can't lighten your mood nothing will, get chocolate on full blast, you will be singing in no time

Reply privately

By *Ryan-Man
over a year ago

In Your Bush

"My post copied and pasted from the Fuck UKIP thread:

UKIP have achieved much. Which councils are they running? How many MPs do they have? None, you say? Well, the press and UKIP made it seem that they had swept the board and taken over the country.

1. "Scotland waking up in a 70s sitcom this morning as they realise their next door neighbour is a bit racist."

2. "UKIP spokesman "We don't tend to do well in London because it's cultural, educated and young". Their words. Not mine..."

All I managed to write was "It's 'Kippers for breakfast, lunch and dinner today".

Must do better. I'll use UKIP words in future as they do themselves down much better than I can manage.

I will add that I don't actually blame Ryan in case anyone thinks I was being serious. He uses kippers for slapping people.

"

As long as they don't put a slappy tax on them. It will cost me a fortune.

Reply privately

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

"My post copied and pasted from the Fuck UKIP thread:

As long as they don't put a slappy tax on them. It will cost me a fortune. "

Kippers to slap 'Kippers? So wrong and yet...

Reply privately

over a year ago

I get this all the time if I'm around someone and they say something offensive lol they have no clue how idiotic they sound trying to explain to me why they're not lol

This whole thread series must seem very parochial to you: the UK gets worked up about people who voted for a bunch of people who still don't run ANYTHING.

Wait until you get the threads for our General Election next year. "

It's been very interesting I will say that lol

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I will add that I don't actually blame Ryan in case anyone thinks I was being serious. He uses kippers for slapping people.

"

What? you mean it isn't Ryan's fault!

Reply privately

over a year ago

"So many muppits vote for them the backward scum bet the voters spend there time throwing rocks at the moon "

bit harsh

so because someone does not share the same _iews as you they are backwards scum?

personally I think taking away peoples freedom of speech is going backwards

they are not a party I would vote for but I will defend anyone's right to put their point forwards

Reply privately

By *ouple in LancashireCouple
over a year ago

in Lancashire

There is nothing quite like a bit of astute, contemporary political debate from UKIP supporters..

and as usual none of the recent threads are..

Reply privately

over a year ago

"So many muppits vote for them the backward scum bet the voters spend there time throwing rocks at the moon "
So explain why you are muppet and backward scum if you vote UKIP ? Maybe people may just like some of there policys .

Reply privately

By *entaur_UKMan
over a year ago

Cannock

Lmao, so many anti UKIP posts on here, seem like a lot of people have got a bad case of sour grapes because of the success UKIP have had overnight in the local council elections.

This is only the start, just wait until sunday night when the results for the European elections are given, and UKIP come 1st, with more MEP's than Labour, Tory and Lib dems. Would love to see the look on some of your faces, hahahahahaha!

Is it really too much for some of you people to hold your hands up and say "you know what UKIP, well done".

You may not like it but thousands of people all over the country went out and voted UKIP in a fair and democratic process. Anyone would think the world was going to end reading some of the comments on these UKIP threads.

Personally i'm enjoying seeing the political elite politicians from westminster coming on the telly with faces like smacked arses, and admitting they have lost council seats to UKIP.

Looking forward to seeing them get their arses smacked again on sunday night when UKIP come 1st in the European elections aswel.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Lmao, so many anti UKIP posts on here, seem like a lot of people have got a bad case of sour grapes because of the success UKIP have had overnight in the local council elections.

This is only the start, just wait until sunday night when the results for the European elections are given, and UKIP come 1st, with more MEP's than Labour, Tory and Lib dems. Would love to see the look on some of your faces, hahahahahaha!

Is it really too much for some of you people to hold your hands up and say "you know what UKIP, well done".

You may not like it but thousands of people all over the country went out and voted UKIP in a fair and democratic process. Anyone would think the world was going to end reading some of the comments on these UKIP threads.

Personally i'm enjoying seeing the political elite politicians from westminster coming on the telly with faces like smacked arses, and admitting they have lost council seats to UKIP.

Looking forward to seeing them get their arses smacked again on sunday night when UKIP come 1st in the European elections aswel. "

Reply privately

By *isscheekychopsWoman
over a year ago

People are allowed to vote for who they want...I just don't like it when it's shoved down your throat...I despise the policies of the UKIP and I don't like what they stand for....however I understand that there maybe some that believe with what the UKIP.... I notice a few round the Black Country are in support..that's up to them I suppose

Reply privately

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

"So many muppits vote for them the backward scum bet the voters spend there time throwing rocks at the moon So explain why you are muppet and backward scum if you vote UKIP ? Maybe people may just like some of there policys . "

Which policies, that can be relevant in a local council, are people supporting?

We don't have the results of the EU elections yet but there will be an upswing to UKIP. That in itself is interesting as they have voted to use their taxes to pay people to represent them in the EU who will do that by largely ignoring the EU, certainly for the first year, as they spend their time here campaigning for the General Election.

Maybe, like their great leader, they will take EU payments to pay non-British Europeans to work with them.

The policies at local council will be what?

Reply privately

By *ss2011Man
over a year ago

Leeds/Bradford

"Lmao, so many anti UKIP posts on here, seem like a lot of people have got a bad case of sour grapes because of the success UKIP have had overnight in the local council elections.

Looking forward to seeing them get their arses smacked again on sunday night when UKIP come 1st in the European elections aswel. "

Sour grapes indeed.

Reply privately

over a year ago

I don't think its just UKIP people like . Its

The fact the Tories . Lib Dem . And Labour have had it there own way for so long and all just sit comfy . At last there is a new challenge to make them sit up and think

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Lmao, so many anti UKIP posts on here, seem like a lot of people have got a bad case of sour grapes because of the success UKIP have had overnight in the local council elections. "

The reality, UKIP have won about 5% of the council seats, and got 1 third of the seats lost by the con dems jointly leaving labour the other 2 thirds. it's quite a good result, but hardly enough to shake the political world.

In Europe the UKIP MEP's currently there pride themselves on collecting the £90,000 salary for not turning up to debate or vote. So all that will achieve is less representation of our interests, When they get 50%+ MP's in the house of commons then they become a real threat, reality is they will probably struggle to outnumber the green party.

Reply privately

over a year ago

sorry should have mentioned that 5% is on about 33% of the total councillors, as they were not all up for election, so in reality they have about 1% of influence.

Reply privately

over a year ago

The reality, UKIP have won about 5% of the council seats, and got 1 third of the seats lost by the con dems jointly leaving labour the other 2 thirds. it's quite a good result, but hardly enough to shake the political world.

In Europe the UKIP MEP's currently there pride themselves on collecting the £90,000 salary for not turning up to debate or vote. So all that will achieve is less representation of our interests, When they get 50%+ MP's in the house of commons then they become a real threat, reality is they will probably struggle to outnumber the green party."

Labour . Conservatives and the Lib Dems had to start somewhere .just saying

Reply privately

By *entaur_UKMan
over a year ago

Cannock

"So many muppits vote for them the backward scum bet the voters spend there time throwing rocks at the moon So explain why you are muppet and backward scum if you vote UKIP ? Maybe people may just like some of there policys .

We don't have the results of the EU elections yet but there will be an upswing to UKIP. That in itself is interesting as they have voted to use their taxes to pay people to represent them in the EU who will do that by largely ignoring the EU, certainly for the first year, as they spend their time here campaigning for the General Election.

Maybe, like their great leader, they will take EU payments to pay non-British Europeans to work with them.

"

People may want UKIP mep's to represent them in Brussels because they know a UKIP mep will do everything they can to throw a spanner in the works of the corrupt, undemocratic, and quite frankly criminal European parliament in Brussels. UKIP mep's always vote against any further transfer of power from the UK to the EU. Best way to destroy and organisation like the EU is from the inside out and this is what UKIP are trying to achieve.

Reply privately

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

Ah, I see no one can tell me what policies they voted for. Nor how this will revolutionise local politics and how the streets are cleaned and council tax is reduced.

The media has made UKIP more of a force to be reckoned with than UKIP could ever manage on their own. They have been around for over 20 years. Why weren't their policies more successful ten years ago or 4 years ago when we had a general election? UKIP has no MPs. It runs no local authorities. It will have an increase in MEPs who will use our tax money to spread the UKIP message here in the UK.

If we're lucky they may participate in some EU debates and votes. They will claim their expenses and take their generous EU salary and claim to have revolutionised UK politics.

More fool the other parties for indulging them.

Reply privately

By *entaur_UKMan
over a year ago

Cannock

In Europe the UKIP MEP's currently there pride themselves on collecting the £90,000 salary for not turning up to debate or vote. So all that will achieve is less representation of our interests, When they get 50%+ MP's in the house of commons then they become a real threat, reality is they will probably struggle to outnumber the green party."

Spin it like that if you want to, fact is UKIP have gone from around 17 councillors to over 100 now overnight, by any definition that is a considerable gain and a big success for a party like UKIP. The european elections are what UKIP have always been good at, i'm sure they will come 1st on sunday night, and that really will shake the political world.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Could be worse they could tell you there polices then backtrack on them when they get in power .

Reply privately

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

"Could be worse they could tell you there polices then backtrack on them when they get in power . "

So you would rather vote for a party that don't tell you what they will do on the basis that they can't back-track?

I'd better stand for election and just smile a lot. No policies, no promises but I will keep telling people I am jolly nice.

Reply privately

By *entaur_UKMan
over a year ago

Cannock

"Ah, I see no one can tell me what policies they voted for. Nor how this will revolutionise local politics and how the streets are cleaned and council tax is reduced.

The media has made UKIP more of a force to be reckoned with than UKIP could ever manage on their own. They have been around for over 20 years. Why weren't their policies more successful ten years ago or 4 years ago when we had a general election? UKIP has no MPs. It runs no local authorities. It will have an increase in MEPs who will use our tax money to spread the UKIP message here in the UK.

If we're lucky they may participate in some EU debates and votes. They will claim their expenses and take their generous EU salary and claim to have revolutionised UK politics.

"

You commented on the EU and UKIP mep's in your previous post so my response was in reply to your comments. As for local councils where UKIP have gained seats, i imagine pot holes will continue to be filled, bins will continue to be emptied ,etc and the world will carry on as normal. What is it the anti UKIP brigade are so afraid of?

Sorry but i just don't get it, you're all making mountains out of mole-hills.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Latest news.. labour are gaining lots

Reply privately

over a year ago

No would rather vote for a party that did not lie to be honest

Reply privately

By *entaur_UKMan
over a year ago

Cannock

"Could be worse they could tell you there polices then backtrack on them when they get in power .

So you would rather vote for a party that don't tell you what they will do on the basis that they can't back-track?

I'd better stand for election and just smile a lot. No policies, no promises but I will keep telling people I am jolly nice.

"

Last time i looked Labour, Lib dems and Conservatives had not released their General election mainifestos yet either. Why should UKIP release theirs when the others have not done so?

Miliband wants to tackle the cost of living crisis but he does'nt even know how much his weekly shopping bill is, Lmao.

Reply privately

over a year ago

If UKIP are so insignificant . Why is everyone getting so upset about them ?

Reply privately

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

"Ah, I see no one can tell me what policies they voted for. Nor how this will revolutionise local politics and how the streets are cleaned and council tax is reduced.

You commented on the EU and UKIP mep's in your previous post so my response was in reply to your comments. As for local councils where UKIP have gained seats, i imagine pot holes will continue to be filled, bins will continue to be emptied ,etc and the world will carry on as normal. What is it the anti UKIP brigade are so afraid of?

Sorry but i just don't get it, you're all making mountains out of mole-hills."

I simply don't understand what policies you the UKIP supporters are voting for. As the success that is being lauded is at the local elections I am trying to understand what UKIP have in their political bag that is relevant at a local council level.

I understand votes for UKIP MEPs for those that think it's a way of saying that Britain should have a referendum on EU membership. I think there might be better ways of doing that but I at least understand that voting.

Reply privately

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

"Could be worse they could tell you there polices then backtrack on them when they get in power .

Last time i looked Labour, Lib dems and Conservatives had not released their General election mainifestos yet either. Why should UKIP release theirs when the others have not done so?

Miliband wants to tackle the cost of living crisis but he does'nt even know how much his weekly shopping bill is, Lmao. "

Locally, the local parties have released their manifestos. That is what I am talking about. I am being unclear about the difference between local, EU and general elections? They are different beasts. There are different messages for each of those. What I don't understand is what their message is at a local level or what their policies are, other than leaving the EU, at a European level.

Of course it might just be that I am dim. I'd better warn my clients.

Reply privately

By *B9 QueenWoman
over a year ago

Over the rainbow, under the bridge

Quote of the day: "I'm not rasist (sic) cos I fuck black women".

(Where's the rolling on the floor pissing myself laughing emoticon? )

Reply privately

By *thwalescplCouple
over a year ago

brecon

I didn't vote.

Yes, I know, shame on me, but I feel it was better than the alternatives.

If I had voted, I would have voted UKIP.

No, I dont agree with a lot of what some claim they stand for, but I do agree that their headline policy about addressing mass migration is something we need to sort out, we are, after all, a small island nation, with finite resources.

My vote would have been more of a protest vote, the main parties need to sit up and listen to what "Joe Public" wants, they are, after all, there to represent us.

Reply privately

By *entaur_UKMan
over a year ago

Cannock

I simply don't understand what policies you the UKIP supporters are voting for. As the success that is being lauded is at the local elections I am trying to understand what UKIP have in their political bag that is relevant at a local council level.

I understand votes for UKIP MEPs for those that think it's a way of saying that Britain should have a referendum on EU membership. I think there might be better ways of doing that but I at least understand that voting.

"

Well i could spin that question around and say what is it that Labour, Conservative and Lib dems have in their political bag that is relevant at local council level that people should vote for them?

Can anyone honestly say that they know?

Seems to me a lot of Labour and Conservative folk vote Labour or Conservative because their parents and grandparents did. I honestly can't think of anything more dumb than that to be honest.

Reply privately

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

"If UKIP are so insignificant . Why is everyone getting so upset about them ? "

I'm not upset about them. It is interesting. I find politics interesting and this close to a general election it is especially interesting. I will be spending the year ahead talking politics everywhere - professionally and socially.

Reply privately

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

Once every year or two ....... some absurdity or other manages to make me smile .....

'I am not racist I have fucked many black women' ...

That is some badge to pass round.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Latest news.. labour are gaining lots "

For the first time Redbridge is Labour

Reply privately

By *entaur_UKMan
over a year ago

Cannock

Miliband wants to tackle the cost of living crisis but he does'nt even know how much his weekly shopping bill is, Lmao.

Locally, the local parties have released their manifestos. That is what I am talking about. I am being unclear about the difference between local, EU and general elections? They are different beasts. There are different messages for each of those. What I don't understand is what their message is at a local level or what their policies are, other than leaving the EU, at a European level.

"

So you get copies of all the parties local council elections manifesto's and read through them all before deciding who to vote for then?

Politics just does'nt work like that i'm afraid. Many people vote for parties in local council elections on national issues, thats just the way it is.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"So some one born in England are English regardless of race and colour x"

Yes....

Reply privately

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

"

Well i could spin that question around and say what is it that Labour, Conservative and Lib dems have in their political bag that is relevant at local council level that people should vote for them?

Seems to me a lot of Labour and Conservative folk vote Labour or Conservative because their parents and grandparents did. I honestly can't think of anything more dumb than that to be honest."

I agree that just voting for who your parents voted for is dumb. Think for yourself.

Labour, Conservative, LibDems, Greens all have policies on schools, education, pre-school care and education, waste management, animal welfare, the environment, high streets and small businesses, health services, equality and diversity...

I could go on but these are just a few of the things that sit both nationally and locally. I'm not going to post what I know about these parties policies as I doubt it would interest anyone and would take up more server space and time before dinner than I care to spend.

The nub of the question is and has been, what are you (the UKIP voters) voting for? Or, is it that you are voting against something?

Reply privately

over a year ago

"And again....UKIP can kiss my fat arse... That is all..!!

your not head of the bbc's political department are you ?."

Not yet.....but always happy to offer my services....

Reply privately

over a year ago

"If UKIP are so insignificant . Why is everyone getting so upset about them ?

I'm not upset about them. It is interesting. I find politics interesting and this close to a general election it is especially interesting. I will be spending the year ahead talking politics everywhere - professionally and socially.

"

Well realistically UKIP are not going to win the next election . But they are going to win a lot more support over the coming years . So maybe one day your talks will be on UKIP

Reply privately

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

So you get copies of all the parties local council elections manifesto's and read through them all before deciding who to vote for then?

Politics just does'nt work like that i'm afraid. Many people vote for parties in local council elections on national issues, thats just the way it is."

I attend hustings (as a member of the audience and as an independent chair when asked), ask questions, look up what I want to know about. I understand that that is unusual but I take politics seriously. See my post above on local/national issues.

Reply privately

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

Well realistically UKIP are not going to win the next election . But they are going to win a lot more support over the coming years . So maybe one day your talks will be on UKIP "

I have been talking about UKIP, and other right of right parties, as well as the mainstream parties for 20 years. They, and their message, is not new to me. What is interesting is the period on time, socially and economically, that they have been able to gain more of a foothold. Link that with a one charismatic, dogmatic and determined person. I would take them much more seriously if they could field anyone other than Nigel Farage without having to have him then come forward and deny what was said. Even he had to back-track on his Romanian comments.

That sort of politics doesn't fill me with enough confidence to vote for the party. The party is one person with some hangers on.

Reply privately

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 23/05/14 18:26:35]

Reply privately

over a year ago

Well you are privileged . Cause I am sure I don't know any of the parties local polices

Reply privately

over a year ago

"What is it the anti UKIP brigade are so afraid of?"

I admit I am afraid of UKIP gaining any power, they are so like the Deutsche Arbeiterpartei (DAP) in 1920, different media to the 1920's but just like the DAP they have become magnificent charismatic media manipulators, by 1930 had DAP become the NAZI party, and millions of German people fell for the rhetoric and supported them blindly. I see that happening in the UK, my own father and brother in law are UKIP supporters, simple populist statements e.g. Halal meat being banned, hide the darker reality the actual aim of starving 80% of the Muslim community out of the UK despite the fact that many were born here, hell many of them have parents who were born here.

So yes I am afraid, we are human, and we can be led into all sorts of evil in the name of protecting ourself from imaginary threats.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Well realistically UKIP are not going to win the next election . But they are going to win a lot more support over the coming years . So maybe one day your talks will be on UKIP

I have been talking about UKIP, and other right of right parties, as well as the mainstream parties for 20 years. They, and their message, is not new to me. What is interesting is the period on time, socially and economically, that they have been able to gain more of a foothold. Link that with a one charismatic, dogmatic and determined person. I would take them much more seriously if they could field anyone other than Nigel Farage without having to have him then come forward and deny what was said. Even he had to back-track on his Romanian comments.

That sort of politics doesn't fill me with enough confidence to vote for the party. The party is one person with some hangers on.

"

Yeah because none of the main parties have ever backtracked

Reply privately

By *isscheekychopsWoman
over a year ago

Because I don't want to bow down to the swastika in 2014

Reply privately

By *entaur_UKMan
over a year ago

Cannock

"

Seems to me a lot of Labour and Conservative folk vote Labour or Conservative because their parents and grandparents did. I honestly can't think of anything more dumb than that to be honest.

I agree that just voting for who your parents voted for is dumb. Think for yourself.

Labour, Conservative, LibDems, Greens all have policies on schools, education, pre-school care and education, waste management, animal welfare, the environment, high streets and small businesses, health services, equality and diversity...

I could go on but these are just a few of the things that sit both nationally and locally. I'm not going to post what I know about these parties policies as I doubt it would interest anyone and would take up more server space and time before dinner than I care to spend.

The nub of the question is and has been, what are you (the UKIP voters) voting for? Or, is it that you are voting against something?

"

I vote UKIP for many reasons, mainly for the UK to leave the EU or to at the very least have an in/out referendum on EU membership. Other reasons include, taking back control of our borders and cutting immigration, taking back control of our courts and laws from the EU, no to the colossal waste of money that HS2 will be (UKIP are against HS2), no to our armed forces being sent off to fight foreign wars that don't concern us, leaving the European court of human rights so we can deport criminals like Hamza and Choudry a lot quicker, i could go on and on but like you i have limited time before dinner, lol. And finally yes, i am fed up with the political elite and the establishment in westminster, with broken promise after broken promise, sick and tired of being lied to. So there is a hint of anti establishment that goes with voting UKIP aswel.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"What is it the anti UKIP brigade are so afraid of?

I admit I am afraid of UKIP gaining any power, they are so like the Deutsche Arbeiterpartei (DAP) in 1920, different media to the 1920's but just like the DAP they have become magnificent charismatic media manipulators, by 1930 had DAP become the NAZI party, and millions of German people fell for the rhetoric and supported them blindly. I see that happening in the UK, my own father and brother in law are UKIP supporters, simple populist statements e.g. Halal meat being banned, hide the darker reality the actual aim of starving 80% of the Muslim community out of the UK despite the fact that many were born here, hell many of them have parents who were born here.

So yes I am afraid, we are human, and we can be led into all sorts of evil in the name of protecting ourself from imaginary threats."

Nigel farage is hardly Hitler

Reply privately

over a year ago

So yes I am afraid, we are human, and we can be led into all sorts of evil in the name of protecting ourself from imaginary threats."

Here here...

Reply privately

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

"Well you are privileged . Cause I am sure I don't know any of the parties local polices "

Find out! It's all on the internet.

I don't get to know them by magic.

Reply privately

By *isscheekychopsWoman
over a year ago

So yes I am afraid, we are human, and we can be led into all sorts of evil in the name of protecting ourself from imaginary threats. Nigel farage is hardly Hitler "

Really Tosh....it seems to be he wants a pure Britain...blonde hair blue eyed nation...I'm not pure English...He might not cause a holocaust etc but his _iews are far from "normal"

Reply privately

over a year ago

So yes I am afraid, we are human, and we can be led into all sorts of evil in the name of protecting ourself from imaginary threats. Nigel farage is hardly Hitler "

They all start somewhere.....

Reply privately

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

Yeah because none of the main parties have ever backtracked "

OK, I give up. All I have asked is what is being voted for. Of course the others have back-tracked but at least I knew what I was expecting to hold them to account for.

Debate doesn't work if the reply is just to refuse to answer the questions asked with a dismissive one liner.

I would have more respect for UKIP voters if they could say what they are voting for. As none has been able to tell me what it is they are voting for I reserve the right to not respect their opinion on public policy.

Reply privately

over a year ago

What perhaps should be worrying for UKIP and Tories, is the big swing towards Labour."

Is that the 3% swing since 2010 or the 1% swing since 2012 (according to the BBC this afternoon)

Reply privately

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

"

I vote UKIP for many reasons, mainly for the UK to leave the EU or to at the very least have an in/out referendum on EU membership. Other reasons include, taking back control of our borders and cutting immigration, taking back control of our courts and laws from the EU, no to the colossal waste of money that HS2 will be (UKIP are against HS2), no to our armed forces being sent off to fight foreign wars that don't concern us, leaving the European court of human rights so we can deport criminals like Hamza and Choudry a lot quicker, i could go on and on but like you i have limited time before dinner, lol. And finally yes, i am fed up with the political elite and the establishment in westminster, with broken promise after broken promise, sick and tired of being lied to. So there is a hint of anti establishment that goes with voting UKIP aswel."

Hallelujah! I can't see how any of that is achieved at local council level but at least I know what you believe you are voting for.

Reply privately

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

Look at the history and tell us when Hitler became the evil Hitler.

Reply privately

over a year ago

So yes I am afraid, we are human, and we can be led into all sorts of evil in the name of protecting ourself from imaginary threats. Nigel farage is hardly Hitler

Really Tosh....it seems to be he wants a pure Britain...blonde hair blue eyed nation...I'm not pure English...He might not cause a holocaust etc but his _iews are far from "normal" "

He does not at all . He does not want Europe running our country . Telling us what to do and where to go . Telling us to change our rules . Never once heard him say he wanted the perfect race Cheeky

Reply privately

over a year ago

As well? As well as what? UKIP haven't come first in anything...

And what on earth in the local results suggests they will come first in the European elections?

Reply privately

over a year ago

So yes I am afraid, we are human, and we can be led into all sorts of evil in the name of protecting ourself from imaginary threats. Nigel farage is hardly Hitler

Look at the history and tell us when Hitler became the evil Hitler.

"

I Think David Cameron has more chance of bringing this country to its knees then Nigel Farage could ever do

Reply privately

over a year ago

"So many muppits vote for them the backward scum bet the voters spend there time throwing rocks at the moon So explain why you are muppet and backward scum if you vote UKIP ? Maybe people may just like some of there policys .

People may want UKIP mep's to represent them in Brussels because they know a UKIP mep will do everything they can to throw a spanner in the works of the corrupt, undemocratic, and quite frankly criminal European parliament in Brussels. UKIP mep's always vote against any further transfer of power from the UK to the EU. Best way to destroy and organisation like the EU is from the inside out and this is what UKIP are trying to achieve."

Yes but the question was what are their policies on a local level?

Reply privately

over a year ago

Looking forward to seeing them get their arses smacked again on sunday night when UKIP come 1st in the European elections aswel.

And what on earth in the local results suggests they will come first in the European elections? "

Opinion polls . Crystal

Reply privately

over a year ago

I think the reply was . Whats labour . Conservative . And Lib Dems local polices ?

Reply privately

over a year ago

Lol can't beat a political debate

Reply privately

over a year ago

What party in recent years has actually carried through on their so called Manifesto.

Gimp

Reply privately

over a year ago

"What party in recent years has actually carried through on their so called Manifesto.

Gimp"

Reply privately

By *iewMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Angus & Findhorn

30% turnout is very sad.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"30% turnout is very sad."
Very

Reply privately

over a year ago

True but by the same token fascism doesn't begin with concentration camps, that's just where it ends

Reply privately

over a year ago

"30% turnout is very sad. Very "
And maybe if the other 70% had used there power of vote . We would not be having this UKIP slagging thread . Just saying

Reply privately

over a year ago

True but by the same token fascism doesn't begin with concentration camps, that's just where it ends"

That is true . But from what I get from UKIP and I may be proved wrong . Is they just want to give England back to England

Reply privately

over a year ago

Yeah because none of the main parties have ever backtracked

OK, I give up. All I have asked is what is being voted for. Of course the others have back-tracked but at least I knew what I was expecting to hold them to account for.

Debate doesn't work if the reply is just to refuse to answer the questions asked with a dismissive one liner.

I would have more respect for UKIP voters if they could say what they are voting for. As none has been able to tell me what it is they are voting for I reserve the right to not respect their opinion on public policy.

"

Considering in a fairly recent inter_iew Farage laughably was incapable of discussing his own manifesto (as taken from their website) it's possibly asking a little much of their supporters to know what is contained in it...

Reply privately

over a year ago

True but by the same token fascism doesn't begin with concentration camps, that's just where it ends That is true . But from what I get from UKIP and I may be proved wrong . Is they just want to give England back to England "

I'm not sure what giving England back to England mean but it sounds a lot like repatriation.

Reply privately

over a year ago

And what on earth in the local results suggests they will come first in the European elections? Opinion polls . Crystal "

Ok so havong effectively fonished 4th in the local elections there are opinion polls saying tgey will win in tge European ones? Seriously? Do you have a link?

Reply privately

over a year ago

True but by the same token fascism doesn't begin with concentration camps, that's just where it ends That is true . But from what I get from UKIP and I may be proved wrong . Is they just want to give England back to England

I'm not sure what giving England back to England mean but it sounds a lot like repatriation. "

By that I mean . Not letting Europe telling us . How to run our country . How many fish we are allowed to catch . How bent our bananas should be . And how we should weigh them

Reply privately

over a year ago

And what on earth in the local results suggests they will come first in the European elections? Opinion polls . Crystal

Ok so havong effectively fonished 4th in the local elections there are opinion polls saying tgey will win in tge European ones? Seriously? Do you have a link?"

The opinion polls suggest they will win seats in the European elections .

Reply privately

over a year ago

And what on earth in the local results suggests they will come first in the European elections? Opinion polls . Crystal

Ok so havong effectively fonished 4th in the local elections there are opinion polls saying tgey will win in tge European ones? Seriously? Do you have a link? The opinion polls suggest they will win seats in the European elections . "

MEP

Reply privately

By *ScotsmanMan
over a year ago

ayrshire

I do enjoy a wee Tory despondent face, im sorry but . Really do. x x X.

Reply privately

over a year ago

We all know a vote for UKIP off the majority of people was a political vote against the 3 main parties . I am not naive . But if it makes them sit up and listen to what people are saying then its a good thing

Reply privately

over a year ago

Was thinking earlier - how different would today's results have been if Farage had died in that plane crash a few years ago? Not wishfully obviously; just an interesting bit of counterfactual history.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Ok so havong effectively fonished 4th in the local elections there are opinion polls saying tgey will win in tge European ones? Seriously? Do you have a link? The opinion polls suggest they will win seats in the European elections . "

Yea I know. I'm just mystified by tge post I'm responding to clsimingt that they'll 'come first'

Reply privately

By *entaur_UKMan
over a year ago

Cannock

Ok so havong effectively fonished 4th in the local elections there are opinion polls saying tgey will win in tge European ones? Seriously? Do you have a link?"

Which newspapers do you read and what news channels do you watch?

Practically all the opinion polls in all the newspapers and on all the news channels on the European elections predict UKIP to come 1st.

Reply privately

By *entaur_UKMan
over a year ago

Cannock

Really Tosh....it seems to be he wants a pure Britain...blonde hair blue eyed nation...I'm not pure English...He might not cause a holocaust etc but his _iews are far from "normal" "

Sorry cheeky but when has Farage said he wants a blonde hair blue eyed nation?

I think people comparing Farage to Hitler really is nonsense, pretty sure Farage does'nt want Britain to start invading other european countries.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Ok so havong effectively fonished 4th in the local elections there are opinion polls saying tgey will win in tge European ones? Seriously? Do you have a link? The opinion polls suggest they will win seats in the European elections .

Yea I know. I'm just mystified by tge post I'm responding to clsimingt that they'll 'come first'"

Well I have just googled . Opinion polls for European elections . And everyone one I read had UKIP top of there opinion polls .

Reply privately

By *bbandflowCouple
over a year ago

South Devon

Ok so havong effectively fonished 4th in the local elections there are opinion polls saying tgey will win in tge European ones? Seriously? Do you have a link? The opinion polls suggest they will win seats in the European elections .

Yea I know. I'm just mystified by tge post I'm responding to clsimingt that they'll 'come first' Well I have just googled . Opinion polls for European elections . And everyone one I read had UKIP top of there opinion polls . "

Just ask yourself this question would you seriously consider they are a party with the personal and policy to govern the UK...if not they remain a party cashing in on the apathy of the electorate towards the main stream parties and wallow in the power of not being responsible for their policies

Reply privately

over a year ago

You have your opinion . I have mine . Its called freedom of vote

Reply privately

over a year ago

Folk use to say voting the lib dem was a wasted vote . Now look at them

Reply privately

over a year ago

There 6% down on the last local elections, they barely control a council and they are all crap in the sack! fact!

Reply privately

By *bbandflowCouple
over a year ago

South Devon

"You have your opinion . I have mine . Its called freedom of vote "

Can't recall you shouldn't have an opinion or your right to vote. I merely asked you a question. That you chose not to answer is your privilege.

Reply privately

By *B9 QueenWoman
over a year ago

If UKIP ever get in power you can slap me on the arse and call me Brian.

Reply privately

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

"If UKIP ever get in power you can slap me on the arse and call me Brian. "

With a 'Kipper?

Reply privately

over a year ago

Reply privately

By *ouple in LancashireCouple
over a year ago

in Lancashire

your right on the first point, they are insignificant in the actual 'can or will make any discernible difference' at local governance..

they have to start taking actual seats in Westminster to begin to be a political party able to form or join a coalition and show what they are capable of..

despite the protest votes against the same old same old by people disenfranchised who have voted for what..?

what is their local Government message..?

Upset is not a word in reference to a protest vote..

worry for the greater community and society in general that the far right with all the vermin that it attracts will see UKIP as the latest bandwagon to vent their bile from..

Reply privately

By *B9 QueenWoman
over a year ago

No an old trout will do.

Reply privately

By *abioMan
over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

you are right Nigel Farage is hardly Hitler.........

.......However when UKIP decide to go into a "voting block" in the European Parliament with Marine Le Pen's "Front National" party for example, then questions will tend to be asked....

oh... and UKIP's Policy of Voting in the European parliament... it is actually "vote against EVERYTHING!".... even those things that would actually help the UK and its citizens......

Reply privately

over a year ago

their is spelt their

Reply privately

over a year ago

Can you prove that?

Can you explain why if they're supposedly rising so rapidly that their actual vote was down six points from last last time. Sounds like they are in decline to me.

Reply privately

By *entaur_UKMan
over a year ago

Cannock

Can you prove that?

The thread didn't 'max' out in a positive way though, or are you overoolking that small fact i sat up watching this record rise to power all night ,i have closely followed it all my adult life no party has ever done this well so fast in history i dont read the mail or the mirror but allmost every other paper ,im not rascist my kids godfather is black i have fucked many black women apart from other women from many many nations ,im just a working class realistic person

Can you explain why if they're supposedly rising so rapidly that their actual vote was down six points from last last time. Sounds like they are in decline to me. "

Vote may well be down but they still have more council seats now as a result.

Reply privately

By *B9 QueenWoman
over a year ago

Council seats but no control of a single target if I'm reading the results correctly.

Reply privately

By *entaur_UKMan
over a year ago

Cannock

you are right Nigel Farage is hardly Hitler.........

.......However when UKIP decide to go into a "voting block" in the European Parliament with Marine Le Pen's "Front National" party for example, then questions will tend to be asked....

oh... and UKIP's Policy of Voting in the European parliament... it is actually "vote against EVERYTHING!".... even those things that would actually help the UK and its citizens......"

In fact far right parties and anti EU parties are on the rise all over the european union. What does this tell you?

It tells me that the people of europe are not happy with the EU and many don't want to be a part of it. They are simply using their right to vote in a fair and democratic process to send this message to the political establishments in their countries. Is'nt it about time the mainstream political establishment listened to what the people are telling them?

We've not had a vote on EU membership in this county since the 1970's.

The people are now demanding a referendum.

If far right parties band together to bring down the EU then so be it, the EU is a corrupt and undemocratic criminal organisation, the sooner it comes to an end the better.

Reply privately

By *ss2011Man
over a year ago

Leeds/Bradford

Love how politicians are now saying that they respect Nigel AND THAT HE ISN'T RACIST!

Looks like they realised calling a huge block of society racist for wanting GOOD border control was a bad idea...

Anyone who thinks this is like the rise of the Nazi's is completely disgusting and insulting MILLIONS of people who died! Seriously, give your heads a wobble.

Reply privately

By *oo hotCouple
over a year ago

North West

Politicians need to use tact and diplomacy, the rest of us don't.

A vote for UKIP is a vote for division, separation and xenophobia. I am not a politician and so I have qualms in saying that UKIP offer simple politics for simple people and from what I see on TV, read in newspapers and see on Internet forums... Even the UKIP hierarchy seem to suggest that they have trouble appealing to people who are media savvy and educated.

The reason that they are popular with people who don't want to think too much is because none of their policies have been costed out out. More police, more schools, more nurses does equate to their their other flagpole policy of reduced taxes.

It does sound good though doesn't it...

We will give you more of everything that you want and take less taxes off you. How? Easy, we will leave the EU and everything will be sorted.

Reply privately

By *entaur_UKMan
over a year ago

Cannock

"Politicians need to use tact and diplomacy, the rest of us don't.

A vote for UKIP is a vote for division, separation and xenophobia. I am not a politician and so I have qualms in saying that UKIP offer simple politics for simple people and from what I see on TV, read in newspapers and see on Internet forums... Even the UKIP hierarchy seem to suggest that they have trouble appealing to people who are media savvy and educated.

The reason that they are popular with people who don't want to think too much is because none of their policies have been costed out out. More police, more schools, more nurses does equate to their their other flagpole policy of reduced taxes.

It does sound good though doesn't it...

We will give you more of everything that you want and take less taxes off you. How? Easy, we will leave the EU and everything will be sorted."

A vote for UKIP is also a vote to say you want to leave the EU, tell me where else should people go to vote if they want to send that message?

Labour and the LIb dems are pro EU and not offering a referendum, Cameron is offering a referendum in 2017 if he gains power but i suspect he is pro EU aswel. The greens are pro EU, so the only real anti EU party worth voting for are UKIP.

How would UKIP pay for the things you mentioned, well leaving the EU would save us around £53 million per day (that is what it costs us in membership fee to be part of the EU). Also cutting foreign aid budget is a UKIP priority, so having more police, more nurses and a flat rate of tax for everyone as UKIP suggest is doable when you take everything into account. I think UKIP would do a better job of balancing the books on the economy that Labour ever have.

Reply privately

over a year ago

I think a lot of people are over looking something here ! Our future government will be decided by the Scottish referendum ! If the Scots leave labour lose stacks of seats but the conservatives Don't !

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Love how politicians are now saying that they respect Nigel AND THAT HE ISN'T RACIST!

Looks like they realised calling a huge block of society racist for wanting GOOD border control was a bad idea...

Anyone who thinks this is like the rise of the Nazi's is completely disgusting and insulting MILLIONS of people who died! Seriously, give your heads a wobble."

Fully agree with your last paragraph - comparisons to Hitler/Nazis etc are usually made by people of low intelligence who have have nothing more sensible or logical to say.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"So many muppits vote for them the backward scum bet the voters spend there time throwing rocks at the moon

bit harsh

so because someone does not share the same _iews as you they are backwards scum?

personally I think taking away peoples freedom of speech is going backwards

they are not a party I would vote for but I will defend anyone's right to put their point forwards "

Your feet have my vote......

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Love how politicians are now saying that they respect Nigel AND THAT HE ISN'T RACIST!

Anyone who thinks this is like the rise of the Nazi's is completely disgusting and insulting MILLIONS of people who died! Seriously, give your heads a wobble.

Fully agree with your last paragraph - comparisons to Hitler/Nazis etc are usually made by people of low intelligence who have have nothing more sensible or logical to say. "

Reply privately

over a year ago

"leaving the EU would save us around £53 million per day"

That sounds like a lot, but putting it into context that is slightly less than the cost of a newspaper each.

Flat tax rate is fine, but how much is the question, poor people tend to spend 100% of income so pay all other taxes e.g. excise duty and VAT on 100% of income whilst those who earn a lot tend to save some money so don't pay the extra taxes, so flat rate isn't necessarily as equal as it sounds.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Fully agree with your last paragraph - comparisons to Hitler/Nazis etc are usually made by people of low intelligence who have have nothing more sensible or logical to say. "

Do you mean Hitler the injured war hero, who was put into the Democratic Workers Party in 1919 as a spy for the government, who then became a convert and rallied against the immigrants stealing the jobs of decent honest German workers?

Reply privately

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

Fully agree with your last paragraph - comparisons to Hitler/Nazis etc are usually made by people of low intelligence who have have nothing more sensible or logical to say. "

perhaps we could have your sensible and logical _iew.

Reply privately

By *ee VianteWoman
over a year ago

Somewhere in North Norfolk

"He does not at all . He does not want Europe running our country . Telling us what to do and where to go . Telling us to change our rules .

Never once heard him say he wanted the perfect race Cheeky "

One of the UKIP policies is forced termination of children with genetic "defects". Is that not a rather large sign of what sort of population he wants for the country.

Their policy is that we should kill those deemed imperfect before they are born. How much clearer could they be?

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Fully agree with your last paragraph - comparisons to Hitler/Nazis etc are usually made by people of low intelligence who have have nothing more sensible or logical to say.

Do you mean Hitler the injured war hero, who was put into the Democratic Workers Party in 1919 as a spy for the government, who then became a convert and rallied against the immigrants stealing the jobs of decent honest German workers?"

Get real

Reply privately

over a year ago

I think a lot of people on here are mistaking Ukip for the Bnp

Reply privately

By *ee VianteWoman
over a year ago

"I think a lot of people on here are mistaking Ukip for the Bnp "

I think a lot of people are simply believing the media hype.

Reply privately

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

"He does not at all . He does not want Europe running our country . Telling us what to do and where to go . Telling us to change our rules .

Never once heard him say he wanted the perfect race Cheeky

One of the UKIP policies is forced termination of children with genetic "defects". Is that not a rather large sign of what sort of population he wants for the country.

Their policy is that we should kill those deemed imperfect before they are born. How much clearer could they be?"

Is it policy or one of the more "eccentric" as N.Farage calls them, _iews of a party member? I admit that it's a dangerous _iew to hold and I wouldn't want anyone in power who might try and make it policy.

These things happen precisely because people believe they never will, because they think it isn't the same and because they turn the other way. Keep looking in the other direction and there will be no one left to help when they come for you.

Reply privately

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

"I think a lot of people on here are mistaking Ukip for the Bnp "

It's easy to see why though.

Reply privately

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

"I think a lot of people on here are mistaking Ukip for the Bnp

I think a lot of people are simply believing the media hype."

That's why I went to the ukip went site to read their policies......it froze my pc lol.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I think a lot of people on here are mistaking Ukip for the Bnp

I think a lot of people are simply believing the media hype."

Think a lot of people here are believing the media . Full stop

Reply privately

By *ee VianteWoman
over a year ago

Their policy is that we should kill those deemed imperfect before they are born. How much clearer could they be?

Is it policy or one of the more "eccentric" as N.Farage calls them, _iews of a party member? I admit that it's a dangerous _iew to hold and I wouldn't want anyone in power who might try and make it policy.

These things happen precisely because people believe they never will, because they think it isn't the same and because they turn the other way. Keep looking in the other direction and there will be no one left to help when they come for you."

It was something a number of candidates supported until Geoffrey Clarke said it and it was noticed. There was an uproar and Mr. Clarke was suspended. Publicly the party now deny this is their line. I'm less than convinced.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Get real "
That is real, check your history books, took another 5 years before he rose to power in the party.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Get real That is real, check your history books, took another 5 years before he rose to power in the party. "
So Nigel farage is going to start world war 3 ? ???

Reply privately

By *ss2011Man
over a year ago

Leeds/Bradford

"Get real That is real, check your history books, took another 5 years before he rose to power in the party. "

I feel sorry for people like you. Somewhere along the line, something went wrong. *Pats on back* It's okay, the Nazi's aren't coming!

Reply privately

over a year ago

LABOUR IS GONNA WIN

Reply privately

over a year ago

I

Their policy is that we should kill those deemed imperfect before they are born. How much clearer could they be?"

Was that in the Sun ?

Reply privately

By *entaur_UKMan
over a year ago

Cannock

"Fully agree with your last paragraph - comparisons to Hitler/Nazis etc are usually made by people of low intelligence who have have nothing more sensible or logical to say.

Do you mean Hitler the injured war hero, who was put into the Democratic Workers Party in 1919 as a spy for the government, who then became a convert and rallied against the immigrants stealing the jobs of decent honest German workers?"

So now you think next on the agenda for Farage is to invade other european countries and set up concentration camps to exterminate the Jews?

Honestly cannot take people comparing Farage/UKIP to Hitler/Nazis seriously.

Reply privately