Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Phone Apps

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Anyone know of an app similar to Grindr that use the phones location to tell other Gay guys that another gay guy is in the area?

We could have one for swingers who are out and about

If it doesn't exist i may write one.

J&C

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Crack detector?

over a year ago

Hmmmmm

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman
over a year ago

evesham

"Hmmmmm "

you like the smiley dont you lol

to be honest not sure how popular it would be as most people i know tend to keep the fact they are swnging private

over a year ago

It would be private. It would not let you know anymore than logging in here now.

Imagine you had a 'meet today' flag set on here but were on the move. If you were close to someone who had the same criteria it would alert you and then give you the ability to make contact.

Just the way this site does but it would be more proactive by constantly looking for people close to you with the same interests.

You could give away as much or as little as you liked.

By *abioMan
over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"Anyone know of an app similar to Grindr that use the phones location to tell other Gay guys that another gay guy is in the area?

J&C"

funny enough was talking about this exact thing to a friend the other day.... I pointed him in the direction of Grindr just because I'd heard stephen fry talking about it before... he now loves it...

as i am aware there technically isn't an "offical" app for swingers as apple don't allow any "adult apps" at all on there iphones.... (how grindr gets round that is that i think they are down as social networking)

over a year ago

"Hmmmmm

you like the smiley dont you lol

to be honest not sure how popular it would be as most people i know tend to keep the fact they are swnging private"

... But not to other swingers thinks that's the point of it yip a do

By *oe_Steve_NWestCouple
over a year ago

Bolton

Hey if you decide to write it make sure you make it usable by us folks with blackberrys lol

sounds like an idea that could make you a very rich man indeed if you charge for it

Steve

over a year ago

"Anyone know of an app similar to Grindr that use the phones location to tell other Gay guys that another gay guy is in the area?

J&C"

Have looked for swinging apps on the i phone and cant find any xx

over a year ago

J&C

why does it have to be i phone only? there are so many better smart phones available.what about apps for htc or blackberrys?

funny enough was talking about this exact thing to a friend the other day.... I pointed him in the direction of Grindr just because I'd heard stephen fry talking about it before... he now loves it...

as i am aware there technically isn't an "offical" app for swingers as apple don't allow any "adult apps" at all on there iphones.... (how grindr gets round that is that i think they are down as social networking)"

By *ickens CiderMan
over a year ago

taunton

There's an app called "Flurv" that in many respects works as to the means your looking for... Gives the diistance away from you of your preferred sex and you can flirt with them...

Then there's "WhosHere"... Again a distanec online type thing with MSN style chat back and forth... From a guy point of view I've found many of the women are quite saucy... they're there looking if you get my drift... Or you'll get a virtual slap from those just looking for a friendly chat... but you soon can figure out where you stand...

over a year ago

I just surf FAB on my iPhone through the 3g.

over a year ago

i would join that app for swingers - think its a great idea - i have 'whos here' but thats not really my thing

By *harpDressed ManMan
over a year ago

Here occasionally, but mostly somewhere else

What kind of range do these existing apps have? Do I have to brush past someone in the street, or will it let me know if a swinger passes on the M4 (5 miles away)?

over a year ago

The idea would be that a map would appear with perhaps diff coloured pins in depending on what kind of person / people where on the other end.

Trouble is it me only be possible on Windows phone / Android / blackberry unless I can convince Apple its not adult dating.

By *harpDressed ManMan
over a year ago

Here occasionally, but mostly somewhere else

Doesn't sound like a problem to me....

Post new Message to Thread