Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Splitting Ts/Tv/Cd

Jump to newest

By *inaTitz OP   TV/TS
over a year ago

Titz Towers, North Notts

There have been a lot of comments about splitting this category up. In principle it is a reasonable enough idea. However, I'm not sure how it could be implemented and no one has come up with any suggestions.

I think it would be a swine to adjudicate who belongs in which.

Do you go on whether someone feels themselves to be more female than male? If so, it is the same problem as on chix, with a lot of people putting themselves in the category they feel more comfortable in.

Is it self-policed? People are trusted to put themselves in the 'correct' category? I can see this leading to a fair amount of people having to make a judgement as to whether the person should be in that category or not, which isn't too different to now. Does admin move people from category to category as people raise issues. Seems a lot of work and how do they decide if someone is in the wrong one?

Do you do it on how someone looks?

Then this is tricky, as whilst there are some stunning TS, there are also some highly stunning Tv's (not I) and on the converse, I've met some TS who despite the effort aren't perhaps what they may have hoped they'd become when they embarked on the process.

Is it down to who has had surgery, hormone therapy, change of name and birth certificate?

If it is, what proof is required and if these have had the op, would they be better classed as being in their new sex.

On what basis should such a split be organised?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *utzzCouple
over a year ago

wrexham

I think there should be a panel of judges to decide on a case by case basis

By *oxy-blonde-vixenWoman
over a year ago

Peterborough

Only if I can be on the panel hehe

D x

Sorry couldn't resist

Been thinking about this subject a lot today

I think it would be really hard to implement

By *inaTitz OP   TV/TS
over a year ago

Titz Towers, North Notts

It would be a swine to implement. If there were to be a learned panel, then who chooses who sits on it, how do we stop accusations of cronyism and what do they base their decisions on and would there be an appeals system?

Deucedly awkward.

By *uke olovingmanMan
over a year ago

Gravesend

wouldnt the categories be self policing .. a cross dresser is clearly different from a transvestite and they are both different from trans sexuals ..

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Well if someone thinks she a tv she will put herself as a tv. If she thinks she is a ts, she will put herself as ts. And so on. It will just be down to individual

By *inaTitz OP   TV/TS
over a year ago

Titz Towers, North Notts

"wouldnt the categories be self policing .. a cross dresser is clearly different from a transvestite and they are both different from trans sexuals .. "

That's the problem. It's not always easy to tell from how people look.

over a year ago

Like any catagory on here at the moment if would rely on peoples perceptions of themselves as to which catagory they place themselves.

Can't say I'm bothered personally as when someone suggested a new site of fabTV's (or whatever)others said it was just more divisive and prefered to be amongst everyone else, which I agreed with. It's easy enough to state exactly what you classify yourself as in the first line of your profile or even the sub heading.

over a year ago

"wouldnt the categories be self policing .. a cross dresser is clearly different from a transvestite and they are both different from trans sexuals .. "
transvestite is latin for???

Crossdresser...

How do you differentiate between the two?

By *uke olovingmanMan
over a year ago

Gravesend

ok .. purely for the interest of the thread would the tv/ts/cds care to categorize themselves .. im guessing that you would consider yourself a tv .. tina .. a ts surely aspires to be a fully anatomical woman whereas a tv wants to mimic a woman and a cd just likes wearing the clothes

By *inaTitz OP   TV/TS
over a year ago

Titz Towers, North Notts

"ok .. purely for the interest of the thread would the tv/ts/cds care to categorize themselves .. im guessing that you would consider yourself a tv .. tina .. a ts surely aspires to be a fully anatomical woman whereas a tv wants to mimic a woman and a cd just likes wearing the clothes "

Sometimes I'm not even sure myself. I once had a girl explain the differences to me at INCREDIBLE length at Pink Punters. We were about 30 seconds away from me setting her on fire before she ceased to tell me all about it.

On Chix, people choose their own label, TS, TV, CD, etc and it is abused a fair bit. I've seen quite a few girlys I know personally label themselves as TS when I've seen them in the day job, so to speak.

over a year ago

"ok .. purely for the interest of the thread would the tv/ts/cds care to categorize themselves .. im guessing that you would consider yourself a tv .. tina .. a ts surely aspires to be a fully anatomical woman whereas a tv wants to mimic a woman and a cd just likes wearing the clothes "

I know some TS/TG who have boobs and keep their male organs. They tend to live full time as women, many feel they were born with the wrong sex.

Like a lot of things, it's open to interpretation, different people are going to have slightly different outlooks on it.

over a year ago

"Like any catagory on here at the moment if would rely on peoples perceptions of themselves as to which catagory they place themselves.

Can't say I'm bothered personally as when someone suggested a new site of fabTV's (or whatever)others said it was just more divisive and prefered to be amongst everyone else, which I agreed with. It's easy enough to state exactly what you classify yourself as in the first line of your profile or even the sub heading."

This ^^^^^

By *uke olovingmanMan
over a year ago

Gravesend

"ok .. purely for the interest of the thread would the tv/ts/cds care to categorize themselves .. im guessing that you would consider yourself a tv .. tina .. a ts surely aspires to be a fully anatomical woman whereas a tv wants to mimic a woman and a cd just likes wearing the clothes

I know some TS/TG who have boobs and keep their male organs. They tend to live full time as women, many feel they were born with the wrong sex.

Like a lot of things, it's open to interpretation, different people are going to have slightly different outlooks on it."

i think you should self categorize .. if you want to call yourself a tv . your a tv .. who is going to argue with that .. if i wanted to meet a person with boobs and a cock id look for one .. if they hung their boobs up with their frock id feel shortchanged lol .. a tv surely would keep her frock on to reinforce her tv ness

By *inaTitz OP   TV/TS
over a year ago

Titz Towers, North Notts

"i think you should self categorize .. if you want to call yourself a tv . your a tv .. who is going to argue with that .. "

Ah, but what if someone felt they were a TS, but were in a very decided minority on this view point?

By *issHottieBottieWoman
over a year ago

Kent

"ok .. purely for the interest of the thread would the tv/ts/cds care to categorize themselves .. im guessing that you would consider yourself a tv .. tina .. a ts surely aspires to be a fully anatomical woman whereas a tv wants to mimic a woman and a cd just likes wearing the clothes

Like a lot of things, it's open to interpretation, different people are going to have slightly different outlooks on it.i think you should self categorize .. if you want to call yourself a tv . your a tv .. who is going to argue with that .. if i wanted to meet a person with boobs and a cock id look for one .. if they hung their boobs up with their frock id feel shortchanged lol .. a tv surely would keep her frock on to reinforce her tv ness "

We know self-categorising doesn't work from the hundreds of 'why do fat people calling themselves curvy' or 'why do skinny guys call themselves athletic' or 'why do guys who call themselves straight meet tv's' etc etc...

By *uke olovingmanMan
over a year ago

Gravesend

i think a certain amount of caveat emptor comes into play .. if a pic looks like a tv to a person seeking tvs .. then meet as a tv .. only coffee same as any other meet .. if your not keen after all then dont pursue a follow up meet

By *inaTitz OP   TV/TS
over a year ago

Titz Towers, North Notts

"i think a certain amount of caveat emptor comes into play .. if a pic looks like a tv to a person seeking tvs .. then meet as a tv .. only coffee same as any other meet .. if your not keen after all then dont pursue a follow up meet "

But if you follow that to its' logical conclusion, then why split the category in the first place?

By *irtyAndCh33kyCouple
over a year ago

North Wales

Could a TS not put themselves in the gender category that they belong to?!

For example a male to female TS should have a female profile.....if they are female then surely that is the category to choose?!

There would then be TV/CD category.

Mrs Dirty

over a year ago

"

We know self-categorising doesn't work from the hundreds of 'why do fat people calling themselves curvy' or 'why do skinny guys call themselves athletic' or 'why do guys who call themselves straight meet tv's' etc etc..."

There is no other way to do it though is there, we all self categorise at the moment and I'd say the majority of people are fairly honest, everyone I've met have been so, and I hope they thought I was too. Anyone that isn't honest is going to be found out by anyone they meet in the main.

As you say though there are always blaggers, and there isn't a lot you can do about it, apart from being brutally honest with them if you cross paths with one.

over a year ago

"Could a TS not put themselves in the gender category that they belong to?!

For example a male to female TS should have a female profile.....if they are female then surely that is the category to choose?!

Mrs Dirty "

Then you have the pre op ts/tg and the post op ts/tg, where does it end?

A certain percentage of straight (as a die) males wouldn't be happy with a trans female advertising as a natural female.

over a year ago

Surely a transsexual is someone who actually sees the self entirely as being of the opposite gender to their birth....eg born a man/boy but now considers themselves entirely to be female. That will include those who have gone some or all the way down the route of actual sex change /surgery/hormones etc.

A transvestite is more acting the part , often only under certain circumstances ( some being rude may simply say a bloke in a frock - as the OP said some are very far from convincing)

Yes?

over a year ago

Mrs Dirty

A certain percentage of straight (as a die) males wouldn't be happy with a trans female advertising as a natural female. "

A bi lady friend of mine met a post op TS on here as a fem - as they were now officially..... She was far from impressed! I met the 'lady' in question over lunch (3 of us had lunch) before the 'event'... My first thoughts were "fcuk me - she has enormous hands lol..... That was before the actual truth came out that night....

By *inaTitz OP   TV/TS
over a year ago

Titz Towers, North Notts

"Surely a transsexual is someone who actually sees the self entirely as being of the opposite gender to their birth....eg born a man/boy but now considers themselves entirely to be female. That will include those who have gone some or all the way down the route of actual sex change /surgery/hormones etc.

A transvestite is more acting the part , often only under certain circumstances ( some being rude may simply say a bloke in a frock - as the OP said some are very far from convincing)

Yes?"

Yes, but I know quite a few Tv's who see themselves in that way, but haven't transitioned for one of a million reasons. I wouldn't like to say what they'd class themselves as on here

over a year ago

Mrs Dirty

A certain percentage of straight (as a die) males wouldn't be happy with a trans female advertising as a natural female.

A bi lady friend of mine met a post op TS on here as a fem - as they were now officially..... She was far from impressed! I met the 'lady' in question over lunch (3 of us had lunch) before the 'event'... My first thoughts were "fcuk me - she has enormous hands lol..... That was before the actual truth came out that night...."

As you say far from impressed, your friend was put out by it, certain straight males maybe more than unimpressed. Even if someone is now legally a woman or vice versa most people would like to know about it.

By *uke olovingmanMan
over a year ago

Gravesend

so if the tv ts cd s arent sure which or what they are thas why they get lumped together .. but ... just as a straight guy looks for curvy or slim or fat or red head or brunette or blonde or short or tall or whatever .. so should people be able to discern the type of boundary blurring individual they wish to meet .. by reading the profiles and veris

over a year ago

I think the TS people should have the choice to be in a TS catagory. It must be horrid being lumped in with the rest of us.

By *inaTitz OP   TV/TS
over a year ago

Titz Towers, North Notts

"so if the tv ts cd s arent sure which or what they are thas why they get lumped together .. but ... just as a straight guy looks for curvy or slim or fat or red head or brunette or blonde or short or tall or whatever .. so should people be able to discern the type of boundary blurring individual they wish to meet .. by reading the profiles and veris "

Yes, because how often have you looked and thought, 'Athletic?? What kind of athlete? Shot putter?' so much depends on what the profile owner thinks they are.

By *my-blackTV/TS
over a year ago

Poole

I dont like labels for people that much.

Im me, if anyone is interested then they can figure out if they like the sound and look from my profile.

if i like the look of someone i dont try to figure out what category I would put them in.

over a year ago

this is an interesting topic to me!

My gf has often asked the difference, I havent a clue really, and my criteria seems to change everytime she asks!

Weve been together a long time before this reared up.

first I was just a crossdresser,now I act more fem, and I am much more fem than I was, I shave everywhere and get excited by clothes.

still part-time, but my label for myself depends, as pointed out, on the options available, which differs from site to site.

By *uke olovingmanMan
over a year ago

Gravesend

"i think you should self categorize .. if you want to call yourself a tv . your a tv .. who is going to argue with that ..

Ah, but what if someone felt they were a TS, but were in a very decided minority on this view point? "

this person would very soon be a willomena no mates

over a year ago

Wonder if there would be a category for wearing the mrs knickers whilst appearing like a hairy old bear in the crutch department

By *inaTitz OP   TV/TS
over a year ago

Titz Towers, North Notts

"Wonder if there would be a category for wearing the mrs knickers whilst appearing like a hairy old bear in the crutch department "

The much maligned HPW. Nothing against them, myself. However, once when dogging one guy asked if I minded if he had frillies on. I told him it's fine by me. What I didn't count on was on a cold Winter's night, him taking 10 minutes to put them on

By *ophieslutTV/TS
over a year ago

Central

I think it wise to keep it as it is. People can read profiles and get to know the person. Having all current users reclassified is a major undertaking and avoidable. Any of us who have completely transitioned have a choice of identifying as male or female, depending on which direction we have pursued, or remaining in the tv/tg system. Anything that puts the onus onto users making their own evaluations is a good thing imo.

By *r.ringMan
over a year ago

totton

I think the groups should be split as there are clear differences between them in the medical and psychological world. TV/CD are on a base level men that like to dress as women not to be female just to dress up as female. As for TS/TG this group are men or women that feel that they are in the wrong body or have been born the wrong sex and typically they are at some point on the long road to changing that. They will typically dress and live there lives 24/7 as there chosen sex.

By *ust RachelTV/TS
over a year ago

Horsham

This could open up a can of worms, as what happens if someone puts themself in one catagory, several people put complaints in saying they are in the wrong one.

Of course the TS catagory will be easy to do but the TV/CD bit might not be. As I consider myself a CD, others would put me as a TV.

over a year ago

As far as I've seen on here, the ones wanting a category split are the true TS girls, and those seeking "convincing" TS. Everyone else couldn't care less.

My position is this; Let them split it. After the nighmare of policing it the convTS girls will see no change in the amount of mail they get, the TS who aren't so convincing will see their profiles reported for wrong classification and the seekers will suddenly see how small that pool of girls in their area really is.

Everyone will be happy.

over a year ago

"

Everyone will be happy. "

You can't please all of the people.........

By *uke olovingmanMan
over a year ago

Gravesend

id never report anyone for not being convincing .. im sure im sailing into uncharted waters .. in the words of the birdcage .. you are what you are lol

over a year ago

"

Everyone will be happy.

You can't please all of the people......... "

Yes, that was a sarcastic sign off

By *uke olovingmanMan
over a year ago

Gravesend

there ive found the niche for the tv/ts/cds .. its called la cage aux folles lol

over a year ago

Although I wholeheartedly agree with splitting the category in order to allow members greater freedom to define how they wish to be identified on here.

But this is not a life and death situation we are discussing so I see no reason why splitting the category would require any form of policing or the implementation of additional measures aimed at controlling who would legitimately qualifies to use a label of their own choosing…

The site owners already provide every site member with an adequate opportunity to supply a detailed description of what we as individuals offer and expect from our use of this site…

I believe people should simply take responsibility for their own profiles and their own actions instead of trying to control or limit the choice of how others wish to identify themselves..

over a year ago

It does seem to cause angst, mainly from trans ladies who don't want the tag TV anywhere near them, and of course the two are linked by the profile name.

These ladies do get somewhat offended and want to explain why they are nothing like a TV.

I don't think it could be policed properly either and when people put themselves in categories that others don't agree with, it would just cause more ructions.

Its bad enough the discussions we get over curvy and fat etc

Post new Message to Thread