Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

The age trap

Jump to newest

By *leasureDome OP   Man
over a year ago

all over the place

So many referrences to peoples age on here over the last few months, seems to be a important topic.

i have a lower limit pretty much for the same reasons discussed before (too close to my kids age) but not an upper limit as i do like to keep a open mind.

At what age do you write people off as viable meets and have you ever seen someone famous or close to that age and thought ohhh yeah ,i would ?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"So many referrences to peoples age on here over the last few months, seems to be a important topic.

i have a lower limit pretty much for the same reasons discussed before (too close to my kids age) but not an upper limit as i do like to keep a open mind.

At what age do you write people off as viable meets and have you ever seen someone famous or close to that age and thought ohhh yeah ,i would ? "

Hell yes, Tom Jones is one of them as is Richard Gere...

On the female side I think the following still very much "got it"

Helen Mirren,

Sophia Loren

Raquel Welch

to name but a few

Gina Lollobridgida

over a year ago

We have an upper limit on our profile because Kate has a plus 10yrs "ceiling"

I haven't met many ladies on the scene that are very much older than me, so like the OP, I'm not to bothered about it.

As a general guide,we prefer people over 40, but have bent this rule a few times

By *on Diego VegaMan
over a year ago

kew

"So many referrences to peoples age on here over the last few months, seems to be a important topic.

At what age do you write people off as viable meets and have you ever seen someone famous or close to that age and thought ohhh yeah ,i would ? "

Interesting statement. A lower limit for the reason of children but no older limit. Do we have an Oedipus complex with having no upper limit?

Age is important to younger people who are not looking to venture down this route although I can concede it seems to appeal to some.

Lets face it if you have an upper or lower limit at some stage image along with looks and personality matter.

over a year ago

Hell yes, Angelina Jolie she does an incredibly erotic lesbian scene in one of her old films so id jump at the chance, specially of kissing those gorgeous pouty lips mmmmmmmm oh god yes!!!!!!

over a year ago

I have no age limits. It's not until I speak to a person ( it's paramount ) that I find them attractive.

In saying that...... I've never found an under 25 that's a sexual turn on. The same applies in the very high age brackets. I cannot think of any sexually attractive 70's and 80's.

Don't start spouting celebs... They are touched up , wheeled out and incontinent.

over a year ago

Just to add .........

When I first divorced I couldn't have met anyone for any reason.

When I became ready to meet I sought out people near my age.

Now ...... I find that after a certain age it is invisible to me.

If we are getting on we are getting on.

Plus the fact that I don't live by any one elses tuts n buts helps.

By *on Diego VegaMan
over a year ago

kew

At what age do you write people off as viable meets and have you ever seen someone famous or close to that age and thought ohhh yeah ,i would ?

I have no age limits. It's not until I speak to a person ( it's paramount ) that I find them attractive.

In saying that...... I've never found an under 25 that's a sexual turn on. The same applies in the very high age brackets. I cannot think of any sexually attractive 70's and 80's.

Don't start spouting celebs... They are touched up , wheeled out and incontinent. "

I would agree the celebs have had so many cosmetic operations thy are as plastic as Barbie & Ken.

Age matters in the context that if your old and ugly your not appealing. Likewise if your young immature and foolhardy there is no appeal too.

over a year ago

To me it depends on the person not the age xx

By *yber pimpMan
over a year ago

durham area

so long as there is a pulse im open to offers, but even that criteria is flexible lol

over a year ago

Interesting statement. A lower limit for the reason of children but no older limit. Do we have an Oedipus complex with having no upper limit?

Age is important to younger people who are not looking to venture down this route although I can concede it seems to appeal to some.

Lets face it if you have an upper or lower limit at some stage image along with looks and personality matter.

"

What a balanced statement

over a year ago

"Just to add .........

When I first divorced I couldn't have met anyone for any reason.

When I became ready to meet I sought out people near my age.

Now ...... I find that after a certain age it is invisible to me.

If we are getting on we are getting on.

Plus the fact that I don't live by any one elses tuts n buts helps. "

We love rebels

Since you are living by your own independent rules (as we are)what do you think, are the reasons other people feel threatened by age ?

over a year ago

Don't start spouting celebs... They are touched up , wheeled out and incontinent.

I would agree the celebs have had so many cosmetic operations thy are as plastic as Barbie & Ken.

Age matters in the context that if your old and ugly your not appealing. Likewise if your young immature and foolhardy there is no appeal too."

In that context - would a woman who uses make up and perhaps false eyelashes or hair extensions, fall under the same category (Trade description act)

Question I have is why do we down older people especially when we are all going that way and ther is nothing anybody can do about it.

Final question, and I have seen some lovely 55 and 60ies on here, at what age is one too old to swing?

over a year ago

"To me it depends on the person not the age xx "

Agree with you swingmates - you are a star xx

over a year ago

At what age do you write people off as viable meets and have you ever seen someone famous or close to that age and thought ohhh yeah ,i would ? so long as there is a pulse im open to offers, but even that criteria is flexible lol"

pmsl - love your sense of humour and honesty ... when are we meeting?

over a year ago

Age matters in the context that if your old and ugly your not appealing. Likewise if your young immature and foolhardy there is no appeal too."

It doesn't necessarily follow if you're old you're ugly or young people fool hardy!!

I prefer men my own age and older. That said as I'm getting older 60 somethings remind me I'm not far behind them.

Younger men don't really appeal but a couple exceptional ones have slipped under my "no under 45" limit. The way I saw it if a man can take two bullets from the Taliban in Helmund he's man enough to be on the business end of my vibrating, inflating butt plug!

over a year ago

Age matters in the context that if your old and ugly your not appealing. Likewise if your young immature and foolhardy there is no appeal too.

It doesn't necessarily follow if you're old you're ugly or young people fool hardy!!

I prefer men my own age and older. That said as I'm getting older 60 somethings remind me I'm not far behind them.

Younger men don't really appeal but a couple exceptional ones have slipped under my "no under 45" limit. The way I saw it if a man can take two bullets from the Taliban in Helmund he's man enough to be on the business end of my vibrating, inflating butt plug! "

PMSL

over a year ago

"To me it depends on the person not the age xx

Agree with you swingmates - you are a star xx"

i would agree with that though id have to say that, i dont look towards young people sexually or fanciable, they are just young people and its not an age group i would ever consider and not met anyone that would make me change my mind, so absolutely the person but for me, age definitely comes into it

over a year ago

i would agree with that though id have to say that, i dont look towards young people sexually or fanciable, they are just young people and its not an age group i would ever consider and not met anyone that would make me change my mind, so absolutely the person but for me, age definitely comes into it "

Yes, and while not wanting to meet young people for playtimes clearly you dont have a prejudice against the over forties.

over a year ago

i would agree with that though id have to say that, i dont look towards young people sexually or fanciable, they are just young people and its not an age group i would ever consider and not met anyone that would make me change my mind, so absolutely the person but for me, age definitely comes into it

Yes, and while not wanting to meet young people for playtimes clearly you dont have a prejudice against the over forties. "

nope but then i am over 49 and would be silly to say its an age group i wouldnt want, not ever thought though consciously about older age group, might not after 60 but ive an exception to that only cos he was 59

By *aucy3Couple
over a year ago

glasgow

when we started swinging,we definitely were age prejudice.not to young,not to old.we forgot that prejudice,as soon as we started going to clubs.we have been with people,much younger,and much older.as long as the people are sexy.we now just go with the flow.we have a much better time now.no pre concieved rules.if it looks like fun,it usually is fun.

By *he_original_poloWoman
over a year ago

a Primark shoebox in Leicester

I have age preferences... and it may seem odd that my preference is for guys under my own age. It's not because I decided one day that I wouldn't have sex with guys over 40... it's because I know I generally don't fancy guys over 40 , not for 1-2-1 anyway. I often look at guys my own age and think they look like my dad.

There will always be exceptions to general rules... but they are exceptions and far from the norm.

Vin Diesel is my age... and I'd do him.

By *aucy3Couple
over a year ago

glasgow

"I have age preferences... and it may seem odd that my preference is for guys under my own age. It's not because I decided one day that I wouldn't have sex with guys over 40... it's because I know I generally don't fancy guys over 40 , not for 1-2-1 anyway. I often look at guys my own age and think they look like my dad.

There will always be exceptions to general rules... but they are exceptions and far from the norm.

Vin Diesel is my age... and I'd do him."

maybe your starting to look like thier mum.sorry polo.

over a year ago

"I have age preferences... and it may seem odd that my preference is for guys under my own age. It's not because I decided one day that I wouldn't have sex with guys over 40... it's because I know I generally don't fancy guys over 40 , not for 1-2-1 anyway. I often look at guys my own age and think they look like my dad.

maybe your starting to look like thier mum.sorry polo. "

May be I am... it's no big deal. We can't choose who we fancy or not.

By *aucy3Couple
over a year ago

glasgow

May be I am... it's no big deal. We can't choose who we fancy or not. "

but you do choose.

over a year ago

but you do choose."

How's that then?

By *aucy3Couple
over a year ago

glasgow

but you do choose.

How's that then?"

you choose not to go with men even your own age,your choice.

over a year ago

"

How's that then?

you choose not to go with men even your own age,your choice."

No. I choose not to have sex with guys I don't fancy.

It just so happens I tend not to find guys my own age (or older) sexually attractive for 1-2-1 ... I didn't decide I wouldn't fancy them.

over a year ago

"

How's that then?

It just so happens I tend not to find guys my own age (or older) sexually attractive for 1-2-1 ... I didn't decide I wouldn't fancy them.

"

i understand this point entirely as I feel the same towards the 20's age group, its not choice, its about whats fanciable and whats not, even before i had kids, id never consider older vs younger. But Vin Diesal, i could also make and exception

By *leasureDome OP   Man
over a year ago

all over the place

"

How's that then?

i understand this point entirely as I feel the same towards the 20's age group, its not choice, its about whats fanciable and whats not, even before i had kids, id never consider older vs younger. But Vin Diesal, i could also make and exception"

yeah me too, i understand completely, its about personal choice ,a choice we all have the right to exercise,Its polos body and both she and everyone else has the right to see who they want no question about it .

over a year ago

im too immature for anyone over the age of 42 (funny random number i know) to suffer me, and the younger bracket just doesnt apppeal!! my friends vary in age from 18 to 50 but they are friends not playmates! xx

over a year ago

I have an age range, but its mainly for guidlines only.

I've talked to mature young guys an immature old guys...it really does depend on experience and attitude.

i doubt when it comes down to doing the deed i'm going to have their age going through my mind :0)

over a year ago

"im too immature for anyone over the age of 42 (funny random number i know) to suffer me, and the younger bracket just doesnt apppeal!! my friends vary in age from 18 to 50 but they are friends not playmates! xx"

My friends tend to range from about 30 to 80 lol - I value them for different reasons.

Play time/ swing time criteria are a bit narrower I guess.

Post new Message to Thread