Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Do you ever feel..

Jump to newest

By *isscheekychops OP   Woman
over a year ago

The land of grey peas and bacon

Like you work too much? I'm exhausted and work does not seem to be easing up...a beach and a cocktail would do me right now....or a hug and a foot rub

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"Like you work too much? I'm exhausted and work does not seem to be easing up...a beach and a cocktail would do me right now....or a hug and a foot rub "

on foot rub coming up.

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

You have a long weekend ahead of you and a short week next week.

Give yourself a little pampering.

over a year ago

Your a workaholic cheeky you love it

over a year ago

"You have a long weekend ahead of you and a short week next week.

Give yourself a little pampering.

"

Lol I'll be working from the laptop some of it

over a year ago

Absolutely work too much. It gets in the way of the weekends. Motto is play harder virtual hug

over a year ago

Thing is, once you are on that treadmill and going full pace it is almost expected of you.

over a year ago

Not these days. But there was a time when I basically got off one plane and got onto another. It burned me out. Thankfully I got enough of a wake up call to bring a bit of balance back into my life. I've probably tipped too far the other way now lol

over a year ago

Yes and im making plans to sort it

Im looking for a 95 yr old millionaire with a heart condition

over a year ago

"Like you work too much? I'm exhausted and work does not seem to be easing up...a beach and a cocktail would do me right now....or a hug and a foot rub "

All the time chick, and I would settle for a cocktail, a hug and a foot rub...

By *ScotsmanMan
over a year ago

ayrshire

Its a killer

over a year ago

Yep. Especially when no one else pulls their weight and it's just you working to get everything done.

I'm in need of a good break. I do have a long holiday from work coming up after this Saturday. And including the bank holidays.

So, bring it on!!

over a year ago

"Thing is, once you are on that treadmill and going full pace it is almost expected of you. "

I'm the only one that does my particular job so it falls down to me, there is no one to pick up the slack if I'm flagging....ahh well better than being unemployed

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

"Yes and im making plans to sort it

Im looking for a 95 yr old millionaire with a heart condition "

Geroff, he's mine.

over a year ago

"Like you work too much? I'm exhausted and work does not seem to be easing up...a beach and a cocktail would do me right now....or a hug and a foot rub

All the time chick, and I would settle for a cocktail, a hug and a foot rub..."

I'll get the ice ready

over a year ago

Yes I'm either in my uniform or pj,s I'm pretty pooped! Excited for tomorrow though.. I can dress up... Non uniform a course in work yehar!

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

Not any more. I did when the children were smaller but we have both deliberately stepped off the treadmill, life is too damn short.

over a year ago

"Like you work too much? I'm exhausted and work does not seem to be easing up...a beach and a cocktail would do me right now....or a hug and a foot rub

Not any more. I did when the children were smaller but we have both deliberately stepped off the treadmill, life is too damn short."

I wish I could but I don't have an other half to fall back on or money to do it....just gotta carry on

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

Not any more. I did when the children were smaller but we have both deliberately stepped off the treadmill, life is too damn short.

I wish I could but I don't have an other half to fall back on or money to do it....just gotta carry on "

well we have each other but neither of us are big earners any more so we don't have money to fall back on either. It was a decision we made (well it was partly made for us) and we know it isn't for everyone

over a year ago

Getting that work life balance is pretty tough. Mine is pretty good at the minute.

I had to put in a few hard years of 4hrs of commuting a day to get some experience. I've now a job much closer to home, a perfect distance to commute on my bike to keep me fit but no so far it's too time consuming. I'm fortunate that I enjoy my job too. It's hard work while I'm there though. But I get forget about work as soon as I walk out the door which is a massive help.

I feel like I've paid my dues to get there...

Maybe you should look for work elsewhere if you feel like it's never ending and not rewarding.

over a year ago

I work 12 hours a day 7 days on 1 off so yes I always feel like I work to much

By *inaTitzTV/TS
over a year ago

Titz Towers, North Notts

Yes and no. I work 96 hours over 8 days, without going home whilst on shift, 4 on 4 off.

The 4 off really take the sting out of it and whilst I'm at work I get enough down time to come on here, so it's not all bad.

over a year ago

Yes! I am self employed. Work 7.30 til 5/6 each day. I also have a paid job where I do a couple of hours each evening. And I'm doing a college course so this evening I've just finished working. Thats pretty typical but has to be done.

By *opinovMan
over a year ago

Point Nemo, Cumbria

Yes, definitely.

My current commission is making me feel like I've been in a torture chamber all day - and I don't mean in a nice way.

My head's so frazzled from thinking about it 24/7 I can barely string a sentence together - it even fills my vision whenever I close my eyes or try to sleep at night. My body's so knackered it hurts when I stop in the evening and it still hurts when I get up in the morning. It's turning me peculiar.

Sometimes I wish it would all just go away and leave me alone.

By *xpresMan
over a year ago

Elland

As a truck driver i put in up to 70/80 hours a week.... So yeah

over a year ago

I always work to hard, I'm the boss so it's expected, but I'm on holiday this week!! Yey!!

By *xpresMan
over a year ago

Elland

"I always work to hard, I'm the boss so it's expected, but I'm on holiday this week!! Yey!! "

what's your business field

over a year ago

your damn right there sister

over a year ago

"I always work to hard, I'm the boss so it's expected, but I'm on holiday this week!! Yey!!

what's your business field "

I'm sorry that's classified

By *xpresMan
over a year ago

Elland

"I always work to hard, I'm the boss so it's expected, but I'm on holiday this week!! Yey!!

I'm sorry that's classified "

over a year ago

I'm sorry that's classified "

Madam.

over a year ago

I'm sorry that's classified

Madam."

Lol I can be

over a year ago

"Getting that work life balance is pretty tough. Mine is pretty good at the minute.

I had to put in a few hard years of 4hrs of commuting a day to get some experience. I've now a job much closer to home, a perfect distance to commute on my bike to keep me fit but no so far it's too time consuming. I'm fortunate that I enjoy my job too. It's hard work while I'm there though. But I get forget about work as soon as I walk out the door which is a massive help.

I feel like I've paid my dues to get there...

Maybe you should look for work elsewhere if you feel like it's never ending and not rewarding.

"

My job is rewarding to an extent...I do enjoy it to the point..it's just one of those times it seems to be getting on top of me and I'm exhausted...

over a year ago

"

My job is rewarding to an extent...I do enjoy it to the point..it's just one of those times it seems to be getting on top of me and I'm exhausted... "

Long weekend though Cheeky so hopefully you'll get to relax! My job gets like that at times, but I love it too.

By *azza1967Man
over a year ago

bolton

Im overworked but used to it i average 60-70 hour week working on new wetherspoons pubs being built all over UK. They want each pub done in 12 -14 weeks. Not for everyone i guess but the money makes up for it. Not much time to spend it though lol

over a year ago

"

My job is rewarding to an extent...I do enjoy it to the point..it's just one of those times it seems to be getting on top of me and I'm exhausted...

Long weekend though Cheeky so hopefully you'll get to relax! My job gets like that at times, but I love it too. "

I know I'm excited to a bit of a break

Post new Message to Thread