Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

E cigs/vapourizers

Jump to newest

By *iamondsmiles. OP   Woman
over a year ago

little house on the praire

I just saw something on the television saying this is now the most successful way to give up smoking (20%).

Its been three weeks for since I had a cigarette and someone who messaged me about smoking I suggested what to get and they haven't touched one since Friday.

Now the initial outlay was £45 which isn't much but I'm hoping they will become available on the NHS.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *rightonsteveMan
over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

Holy Smoke, Batman!

Three weeks is good!

By *ichaelangelaCouple
over a year ago

notts

£45, whats that, 5 or 6 packs of fags??

well worth it

By *ScotsmanMan
over a year ago

ayrshire

You can get the whole kit for£15 .but dont try to vapourise marijuana on them it just breaks them

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Well done crazy cat lady

Keep up the good work

By *smWoman
over a year ago

Liskeard

I've been looking at e cigerettes and making the change , can you recommend any ?

over a year ago

" I've been looking at e cigerettes and making the change , can you recommend any ? "
vaporking vaporiser is what I use, their website is called vaporking

By *ScotsmanMan
over a year ago

ayrshire

Ebaccy ,whole kit for£15.

over a year ago

I stoped using ecigs to i think its funny about the figures as id say more have stoped through ecigs but wasnt long ago the gov were trying to ban them now id say they want there cut from them since less people are smoking and isnt the election coming up end of this mounth

over a year ago

Also i have noticed the amount of people buying these cheap kits ok while they work but best if you buy the better kits that will last

By *reelove1969Couple
over a year ago

bristol

been off fags about 4 month now ...use flavour vapour ..never looked back !

over a year ago

"been off fags about 4 month now ...use flavour vapour ..never looked back ! "
well done

over a year ago

i did use them for 4 mths made me very ill back on the real cigs will give up soon but going to try going cold turkey this time well done to those who have managed xx

By *upcake68Woman
over a year ago

Ely

I smoked for 30yrs & finally took the plunge & started using Ecigs, it's been 14 mths now!

over a year ago

"I smoked for 30yrs & finally took the plunge & started using Ecigs, it's been 14 mths now! "

Excellent!!!

over a year ago

"I smoked for 30yrs & finally took the plunge & started using Ecigs, it's been 14 mths now! "
well done

By *ScotsmanMan
over a year ago

ayrshire

I dont understand why anyone that smokes cigarettes doesnt just stop and go on the vapourisers because it makes it easy to stop.

.disclaimer. Obviously i dont mean the one percent that are allergic or some other excuse

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 20/05/14 20:32:45]

By *leasures4Couple
over a year ago

East midlands

"[Removed by poster at 20/05/14 20:32:45]"

They are banned in some public places because it still seems to upset some non smokers unfortunately...

At the end if this month, I will be one whole year smoke free! (well... apart from vaping...)

By *a-ra-ra-boom-de-ayCouple
over a year ago

Wish it was the Algarve! Aberdeenshire

Vaping is the best thing since they bloody discovered tobacco! I've been off the cigs since December, tried patches, sprays etc & this is the only thing that has worked. I was a smoker for 30 years. So keep it up & well done for giving up!

over a year ago

my youngest sister uses one and put bubblegum stuff in it, she never smoked and uses it cause shes always been the awkward one. my partner uses one but i refuse to have him or my sis use it around my child and if someone was to use one around us id ask for them not to. as its personal preference. well done to the now stopping smokers!

over a year ago

"I dont understand why anyone that smokes cigarettes doesnt just stop and go on the vapourisers because it makes it easy to stop.

.disclaimer. Obviously i dont mean the one percent that are allergic or some other excuse "

No it doesn't as they don't suit everyone plus what I've seen from previous posts is that people end up 'addicted' to ecigs so I'd want to know how many people no-longer smoke and have weaned themselves off the ecigs. Yes I get it that they are better than smoking but I wouldn't really want to swap one white stick for another as some seem to have done

And yes I've tried them but they tasted nothing like my normal cigarettes so didn't help me at all

over a year ago

"I just saw something on the television saying this is now the most successful way to give up smoking (20%).

Its been three weeks for since I had a cigarette and someone who messaged me about smoking I suggested what to get and they haven't touched one since Friday.

Now the initial outlay was £45 which isn't much but I'm hoping they will become available on the NHS.

"

I tried the vapour/e CIG but it gave me a bad head and a sore throat so I started smoking again but good luck to you

over a year ago

"I dont understand why anyone that smokes cigarettes doesnt just stop and go on the vapourisers because it makes it easy to stop.

.disclaimer. Obviously i dont mean the one percent that are allergic or some other excuse

No it doesn't as they don't suit everyone plus what I've seen from previous posts is that people end up 'addicted' to ecigs so I'd want to know how many people no-longer smoke and have weaned themselves off the ecigs. Yes I get it that they are better than smoking but I wouldn't really want to swap one white stick for another as some seem to have done

And yes I've tried them but they tasted nothing like my normal cigarettes so didn't help me at all "

over a year ago

They seem to work great.

Would you tell someone before a meet that you use one? Seems most vapers have 'non smoker' on their profile. Just wondering.

over a year ago

"They seem to work great.

Would you tell someone before a meet that you use one? Seems most vapers have 'non smoker' on their profile. Just wondering."

I would tell them but as I'm weening myself of it I probably wouldn't use it when they were here.

One of my gentleman friends has always hated me smoking but is quite happy with my puffer.

No smell in room or on breath

over a year ago

smoked for 30 years upto 30 aday, took the chapix??? tablets not smoked for 5 years now!! I agree people need to do whatever suits them to give up BUT are you likely to go back to fags from vapors after time?? I don't know as I didn't use them and the tablets suited me but I consider people using e-fags are still going through the montions of smoking so are more likely to start again than someone who gives up the actual ritual of holding a fag etc.....

Great work though by all those trying, I live every day regretting ever starting smoking as I enjoy sports and healthy activities much more now....

over a year ago

Would you tell someone before a meet that you use one? Seems most vapers have 'non smoker' on their profile. Just wondering.

I would tell them but as I'm weening myself of it I probably wouldn't use it when they were here.

One of my gentleman friends has always hated me smoking but is quite happy with my puffer.

No smell in room or on breath

"

I like that there's no smell. My mate uses one and it's loads better than cigs.

By *ScotsmanMan
over a year ago

ayrshire

I mean the pen thing with thousands of flavours .its like changing brands of cigarettes except into the bargain you have instantly stopped smoking. I really dont get your moan.you must be doin it wrong or not know enough about it.. .itsa no brainer

By *leasures4Couple
over a year ago

East midlands

Would you tell someone before a meet that you use one? Seems most vapers have 'non smoker' on their profile. Just wondering."

No..I don't feel the need to tell anyone as I don't smell of anything. Well, maybe strawberries...

Also I wouldn't be vaping whilst in the act...

By *eMontresMan
over a year ago

Halesowen

I had a 40 a day roll up habit for over 25 years. Switched instantly to vaping 4 years ago. Tried a cheap £30 kit initially, but it was crap. Hardly any vapour, not much taste and consumables too expensive. A bit of web research led me to totally wicked uk, and I bought an eGo Kit for around £60. I've uprgaded now to a Vivi Nova atomiser, that my batteries fit. Consumables around £10 a month. I'm vaping less nowadays, but not bothered about giving up.

To those who object, I object to inhaling your car fumes that are thousands of times more carcinogenic and noxious. The main constituent is propylene glycol, the stuff they use to make the fake dry ice or smoke at gigs/shows/theatre. It's in mouthwash. It's used as a humectant in dried food.

Whilst it's true, no long term studies have yet been done on prolonged concentrated inhalation, it's generally considered to be a safe chemical.

It has to be better than the 2,000 or so carcinogenic polyaromatic hydrocarbons, plus additives, found in cigarettes, or at the very least, a whole lot less bad.

Post new Message to Thread