Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Ya Ya

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Is it true Ya Ya Toure is threatening to quit Manchester City because the Arabs forgot his birthday? I would assume its his birthday every pay day?

Seems committed to the cause; if indeed its true?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *izzy RascallMan
over a year ago

Cardiff

Its all over the bbc sport website, latest headline suggests he backs his agent in what he has said.

To me it looks like he is trying to get a transfer.

However, I read that the same agent came out this time last year saying he wanted to leave - then he signed a 4 year deal

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"Is it true Ya Ya Toure is threatening to quit Manchester City because the Arabs forgot his birthday? I would assume its his birthday every pay day?

Seems committed to the cause; if indeed its true?"

I'll ask Ya-Ya to confirm if there is any truth in this story....... next time I see him.....

over a year ago

"Is it true Ya Ya Toure is threatening to quit Manchester City because the Arabs forgot his birthday? I would assume its his birthday every pay day?

I'll ask Ya-Ya to confirm if there is any truth in this story....... next time I see him..... "

Are you intimate friends Soxy? Could be the next headline?

over a year ago

I'll ask Ya-Ya to confirm if there is any truth in this story....... next time I see him..... Are you intimate friends Soxy? Could be the next headline?"

I wouldn't say we were intimate friends.... But if he asked to stick it up my chuffer, I suppose it would be impolite to decline the request,,

over a year ago

I'll ask Ya-Ya to confirm if there is any truth in this story....... next time I see him..... Are you intimate friends Soxy? Could be the next headline?

I wouldn't say we were intimate friends.... But if he asked to stick it up my chuffer, I suppose it would be impolite to decline the request,, "

Yes it probably would. Is your chuffer over the bridge like?

over a year ago

I'll ask Ya-Ya to confirm if there is any truth in this story....... next time I see him..... Are you intimate friends Soxy? Could be the next headline?

I wouldn't say we were intimate friends.... But if he asked to stick it up my chuffer, I suppose it would be impolite to decline the request,, Yes it probably would. Is your chuffer over the bridge like?"

Noooooooo I'm not a Chelsea supporter ! sheeeesh,,,,

By *ScotsmanMan
over a year ago

ayrshire

Just had confirmation in just now he said ya twice

over a year ago

Seems committed to the cause; if indeed its true?"

I have just heard a cringeworthy interview with his agent on talksport, it's a blatant attempt to get a better contract or a better offer elsewhere, it's sad but tahrs is what football is all about now, money

over a year ago

I have just heard a cringeworthy interview with his agent on talksport, it's a blatant attempt to get a better contract or a better offer elsewhere, it's sad but tahrs is what football is all about now, money "

Indeed it is. But still we go in our droves!

By *emmefataleWoman
over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

Thought this was a thread about fannys.

over a year ago

"Thought this was a thread about fannys."

Well it is about a cunt.

By *emmefataleWoman
over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

"Thought this was a thread about fannys.

Well it is about a cunt. "

I was right then.

over a year ago

I have just heard a cringeworthy interview with his agent on talksport, it's a blatant attempt to get a better contract or a better offer elsewhere, it's sad but tahrs is what football is all about now, money Indeed it is. But still we go in our droves!"

I don't anymore, don't get me wrong the football is great but the players have lost their grip on reality,

By *r-UniqueMan
over a year ago

Carmarthenshire

Maybe a transfer across town would be good. Won't have to move house, he'll have less games to play and that will help at his age and to top it off. He can start to make some proper history

over a year ago

"Thought this was a thread about fannys."

It is... A big one

By *emmefataleWoman
over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

"Thought this was a thread about fannys.

It is... A big one "

Should have called it welly top so we all knew before we opened it!

By *xpresMan
over a year ago

Elland

I read the statement online poor little YaYa he don't feel loved...

over a year ago

awww the poor sole. fancy only getting a birthday cake and not a million quid bonus my heart bleeds for him.nobody wished him happy birthday either so he must be billy no mates still he has millions of pounds he can use as tissue paper till some daft twat offers him yet more millions to kick a bag of wind .

By *lassyandadventurousMan
over a year ago

England and Wales

Another foreign player in the way of a english players progress...

England will never win anything again until we get players playing in our premier league.

I dont care what happens to him...just hope he moves abroad so we can get players like rodwell playing first team football and hopefully improoving them as players so the national team benefits

over a year ago

"Another foreign player in the way of a english players progress...

England will never win anything again until we get players playing in our premier league.

I dont care what happens to him...just hope he moves abroad so we can get players like rodwell playing first team football and hopefully improoving them as players so the national team benefits"

I disagree a little bit I believe that if the English players are good enough they will eventually shine through.And Toure has been one of the best players in the world this season.

over a year ago

"Another foreign player in the way of a english players progress...

I dont care what happens to him...just hope he moves abroad so we can get players like rodwell playing first team football and hopefully improoving them as players so the national team benefits

I disagree a little bit I believe that if the English players are good enough they will eventually shine through.And Toure has been one of the best players in the world this season."

these types of players is what makes the premier league so good. Spain have lots of foreign players in their league and are current world champions.

over a year ago

England and Wales

The spanish have no where near the per centage of foreign players than we do...im off to google it lol

over a year ago

England and Wales

Less than a third of premier players are british

Shocking stat

over a year ago

England and Wales

77% spanish players in their top division...

Thats what it should be here...

By *r-UniqueMan
over a year ago

Carmarthenshire

"77% spanish players in their top division...

Thats what it should be here...

"

If we had a system where that was the case. Where would the premier league be on the map as in would it be more exciting? Would it be more or less predictable every week? Also how long would it take for our quality to catch up with theirs?

over a year ago

Hopefully if they introduce the new league for reserve teams, and they allow those reserve teams to clime to the championship, it will improve the potential for english players.

But just what will it do to cash strapped clubs that might be pushed down a league or two due to the new reserve clubs climbing the table?

As far as I can see that will just put more money into the pockets of the big teams as they will get ever more money from gates and merchandise.

over a year ago

Am i the only one who thinks its the Agents doing, He is quite well known for spouting off about how his Clients are hard done by.

Gimp

over a year ago

England and Wales

We might never catch up but it would improove players from england if they played in our league.

Its already predictable....boring at times

Top 5 next season already sorted....etc

Anyway the premier run football in england not the FA so were never going to have a country before club policy ...

That means england will always be average.

Dont bother getting too exited about the world cup...!!!!

By *r-UniqueMan
over a year ago

Carmarthenshire

"We might never catch up but it would improove players from england if they played in our league.

Its already predictable....boring at times

Top 5 next season already sorted....etc

Anyway the premier run football in england not the FA so were never going to have a country before club policy ...

That means england will always be average.

Dont bother getting too exited about the world cup...!!!! "

If united do what they have been doing for the last 20 years and the top 4 this season carries on the way they are. Can you call the top 4 as I can't and I wouldn't like to. Secondly any team can beat any team in our league.

I don't support England and I won't think they will win it. Spain and Germany will dominate for years to come. Club wise as well as internationally.

over a year ago

England and Wales

That reserve keague will never happen....what a shite idea...

Desperate move

over a year ago

"That reserve keague will never happen....what a shite idea...

Desperate move "

Seems to work in Spain and France, but not without a cost.

Anyways to England... We have quite a lot of players coming through right now. it's a good world cup to blood them and help them develop. I'm very optomistic for the current crop of young english players.

About Ya Ya, he thinks he's under appreciated by everyone. He was talking about himself not being appreciated because he's from Africa a little while back. Maybe he is right I don't know. But he does seem to have become a bit of a prima donna.

over a year ago

The football league is the most watched league in the world.This B team nonsense would ruin it.This FIFA fair play thing is a load of poo aswell it will just keep the current big sides at the top and make it near impossible for new teams to compete at the highest level.

over a year ago

England and Wales

We say the same thing decade after decade...weve got a good crop of youngsters comibg thru......

Its a very small crop...thats the problem

We wont win with the current system....less than a third english players in the premiership!!!

over a year ago

"We say the same thing decade after decade...weve got a good crop of youngsters comibg thru......

Its a very small crop...thats the problem

We wont win with the current system....less than a third english players in the premiership!!!"

I don't think that is the problem.I believe that if there were enough decent English players out there then more would be playing in the premier league.Hopefully in a few years we will start to see some of the results of the new st georges academy coming through

over a year ago

Can somebody get Ya-Ya a Victoria Sponge?

over a year ago

England and Wales

Are you mad.....players dont just happen....some get better with age and experience of playing in the highest standard.

St georges....great set up.....great training pitches dont make great players

Playing in proper games makes players better

over a year ago

"Can somebody get Ya-Ya a Victoria Sponge?"
He got one delivered to him in first class on a flight to Arab Land.................

over a year ago

I think there's something to be said for English culture. In the Latin leagues and South America, those countries perhaps have a bit more flair anyway, ingrained in society. English culture is a bit more cut and thrust and it's reflected in how we develop. It's all about footwork at the end of the day and if you feet hair been brought up with a certain flair and rhythm, it's going to show. Just a thought, might be crap.

over a year ago

"Are you mad.....players dont just happen....some get better with age and experience of playing in the highest standard.

Playing in proper games makes players better"

Lol the point im trying to make is that if the kids get coached better from an early age then they will have a better chance of making it at the highest level.To suggest that world class players shuold leave the premier league is nonsense.Its only a good thing for English players to be training and playing with the likes of Toure.However there should be a minimum number of English players in your starting 11 maybe 5 or 6.

over a year ago

England and Wales

No your right....the persons upbringing reflects in his play..

And the hot weather helps a players mobility.....the brazilians glide and are much sharper than the germans for example..

Different climates and cultures reflect on a player

over a year ago

I was speaking to a football agent a few weeks back ( not a major one ) and he said most premiership players were hope less with their money and a large majority end up skint within 10 years of retiring

over a year ago

"No your right....the persons upbringing reflects in his play..

And the hot weather helps a players mobility.....the brazilians glide and are much sharper than the germans for example..

Different climates and cultures reflect on a player"

I'm glad you agree, I stopped short of saying that kids should get dance lessons from an early age if they are with academies, but I didn't want to sound crazy...

I just think if you get learn to know how to move your feet to a good rhythm then it will pay off on the pitch.

Wasn't there some Samba football schools opened a while back, did becks have something to do with it?

Probably not, I don't really associate him with the best footwork... lol

over a year ago

"Are you mad.....players dont just happen....some get better with age and experience of playing in the highest standard.

Lol the point im trying to make is that if the kids get coached better from an early age then they will have a better chance of making it at the highest level.To suggest that world class players shuold leave the premier league is nonsense.Its only a good thing for English players to be training and playing with the likes of Toure.However there should be a minimum number of English players in your starting 11 maybe 5 or 6."

Do you not think that there is too much "overcoaching" in football, especially youth development? I do.

Chelsea have a great coach, succesful yes, but by heck they're boring.

Some of the greatest footballers of my time were naturals, sheer talent.

Different sport, and not such an invasion of "foreign" players but the top British Rugby League players said they learned an awful lot from playing alongside and against the top Aussies and Kiwi's. Improved their outlook and skills immensely.

over a year ago

Lol the point im trying to make is that if the kids get coached better from an early age then they will have a better chance of making it at the highest level.To suggest that world class players shuold leave the premier league is nonsense.Its only a good thing for English players to be training and playing with the likes of Toure.However there should be a minimum number of English players in your starting 11 maybe 5 or 6.

Do you not think that there is too much "overcoaching" in football, especially youth development? I do.

Chelsea have a great coach, succesful yes, but by heck they're boring.

Some of the greatest footballers of my time were naturals, sheer talent.

Different sport, and not such an invasion of "foreign" players but the top British Rugby League players said they learned an awful lot from playing alongside and against the top Aussies and Kiwi's. Improved their outlook and skills immensely.

"

If you have a good coach who focusses on developing the player without focussing too much on winning then I don't think kids can be over coached. It is all about appreciating that all kids are different and making sure you know how to get the best from them so that they constantly progress. Sadly there is still a serious lack of fully qualified coaches in the UK compared to Germany, Spain and France and until that together with the provision of proper facilities are addressed home grown players will be at a disadvantage.

over a year ago

England and Wales

Facilities at our academys are brilliant...the best young players get the best ....but the transition from youth football to senior football is a problem....and too many get released too soon because of average foreign players.

Forget it anyway....its all bollox.....

Money has ruined the game

Post new Message to Thread