Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

god its cold !!

Jump to newest

By *its n balls OP   Couple
over a year ago

Close to A55 in our own bubble

Ok having gone for a little run yesterday, my legs (mainly thighs ) are bloody killing me!

So I'm sat in a bath of freezing cold water (I dont have any ice well not 5lb worth!).. it worked yesterday at the gym after the run went in the sauna 1st . apparently heat is all wrong for muscle aches , well I well and truly fucked up my recovery lol.i been sitting in the hot tub at 40 degrees then getting in the cold bath ....

so I am now (to the laughing and sniggering of the kids and hubby) sat shivering with my hoodie on (up round my boobs lol) trying not to drop my phone.

Please please please someone tell me I'm going to feel much better tomorrow and be able to walk like a normal person my age and not a bloody 105 year old creeping around too scared to put any weight on my legs lol ,but hey if someone has a spare zimmer frame , I'm not proud or vain I'll take it off your hands for a few weeks lol

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

little house on the praire

"Ok having gone for a little run yesterday, my legs (mainly thighs ) are bloody killing me!

So I'm sat in a bath of freezing cold water (I dont have any ice well not 5lb worth!).. it worked yesterday at the gym after the run went in the sauna 1st . apparently heat is all wrong for muscle aches , well I well and truly fucked up my recovery lol.i been sitting in the hot tub at 40 degrees then getting in the cold bath ....

so I am now (to the laughing and sniggering of the kids and hubby) sat shivering with my hoodie on (up round my boobs lol) trying not to drop my phone.

Please please please someone tell me I'm going to feel much better tomorrow and be able to walk like a normal person my age and not a bloody 105 year old creeping around too scared to put any weight on my legs lol ,but hey if someone has a spare zimmer frame , I'm not proud or vain I'll take it off your hands for a few weeks lol

"

Tosh might have a spare zimmer frame

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

oo brave - watched a programme about behind the scenes riverdancers - they go off stage and into a barrel of ice

over a year ago

You're supposed to apply ice straight after exercising or injury and heat thereafter. Your bath should be hot.

By *its n balls OP   Couple
over a year ago

Close to A55 in our own bubble

"You're supposed to apply ice straight after exercising or injury and heat thereafter. Your bath should be hot."

after the half marathon went to the gym used hydro pool saunas etc. And ice plunge .so today I thought .hot tub and then ice bath again. It helped .but I was just reading to see how long my muscles would ache for lol and best way to help and it said avoid heat and use ice packs or ice baths lol....

so now im really confused ..I just want the aching to stop and to be able to walk lol

over a year ago

"You're supposed to apply ice straight after exercising or injury and heat thereafter. Your bath should be hot.

after the half marathon went to the gym used hydro pool saunas etc. And ice plunge .so today I thought .hot tub and then ice bath again. It helped .but I was just reading to see how long my muscles would ache for lol and best way to help and it said avoid heat and use ice packs or ice baths lol....

so now im really confused ..I just want the aching to stop and to be able to walk lol "

Honestly, it's ice first then heat later. Occasionally you can use both together on certain joints and injuries.

After my injury (shattered knees) the physio would put an ice pack on top and a heat pack underneath to help get some stretch back into my hamstring.

over a year ago

I've stopped walking like John Wayne now

Everything's back in working order

Don't worry it'll all come back in time, your muscles just need reminding what they're supposed to be doing, so little steps

We need a new avatar pic of you in the hot tub now

Post new Message to Thread