Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Cheeki Rafiki

Jump to newest

By *ummy mummy OP   Woman
over a year ago

southampton-ish

My heart goes out to all the families and friends of the 4 missing yachtsmen missing . One of them is cousin's with a good friend so seeing first hand all day the worry they are going through..can't even imagine

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

+1 from me

over a year ago

southampton-ish

The search is back on positive thoughts and prayers they are found xx

By *rightonsteveMan
over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

I wish the USA coastguard had continued to look for longer before giving up. I know they have started again but that delay could prove to be fatal

over a year ago

"The search is back on positive thoughts and prayers they are found xx"

Positive thoughts here too!

over a year ago

southampton-ish

"I wish the USA coastguard had continued to look for longer before giving up. I know they have started again but that delay could prove to be fatal "

I feel the same. Trying to stay so positive though.

By *he tactile technicianMan
over a year ago

the good lands, the bad lands, the any where you may want me lands

They'll be found now! I'm positive of it, been tweeting @UScg all day encouraging them to resume the search, along with all my sailing association pals. The crew of Cheeki Rafiki went to the liferaft when it was their only hope, they will be vitualed up for so long as they could carry stores for, no relying on SOLAS emergency rations...they'll endure, they'll survive and they'll be found!

over a year ago

Hoping they are found now....crossed everything

over a year ago

Just got this message direct from Digiglobe and Tomrod

We've been following the tragic story of the sailors on Cheeki Rafiki and have been working to task DigitalGlobe's satellites to capture some images of the possible areas where the survivors might be found. We'll have an image available on Tomnod as soon as the satellites can capture a shot and will update our Facebook.

For those of you who don't know these guys have satellite images that are taken on a daily basis and work on disasters amongst other things etc. They will post to their facebook page when they have uploaded the images, keep an eye out. It will then take us all to search through square by square and help from shore base. Please share and pass on and keep an eye on their facebook page and be ready to search the photo's

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

The BBC site is saying the hull has been found but no sight of the crew.

over a year ago

Not meaning to derail the thread, but, I find it amazing that they can find an upturned hull of a boat that was crewed by 4 yet they can't find a bloody enormous jet plane with over 200 on it.

My thoughts are with the families.

over a year ago

"The BBC site is saying the hull has been found but no sight of the crew.

"

Yes, the CS Maersk Kuus eye balled an upturned mono hull in the area of the last known co-ordinates of Cheeki Rafiki on Tuesday, confirmation was just being waited upon, These guys abondoned to liferaft some time between Friday and the Sunday, They're enduring a living hell that is without question but I remain confident that they are still alive tonight, whether or not they will be alive when at last the liferaft is located and recovered it remains to be seen. Nobody knows when that will be, and even for four young fit sailors to survive prolonged time in a liferaft a drift in the mid atlantic is going to take some endurance and psycological stamina.

Post new Message to Thread