Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

"Ok, I admit it I was wrong"

Jump to newest

By *sm OP   Couple
over a year ago

Liskeard

Would you admit to it, if you found out you were wrong about something?

I did yesterday, but if I hadn't they probably wouldn't have known, but my conscience wouldn't let me leave it be, so I admitted to it.

So would you, do you ?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

little house on the praire

Yes, I'm a right gobshit but always own up and apologise if I'm wrong.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Yes I always put my hands up to admit I've done wrong.

I have come across many in the past that don't, can be arrogant to me

Just my thoughts

Her

over a year ago

"Yes I always put my hands up to admit I've done wrong.

I have come across many in the past that don't, can be arrogant to me

Just my thoughts

Her"

Agree

over a year ago

Happy to admit I'm wrong and apologise, I'm only human!

over a year ago

I lead my life by principles as best I can. Trouble is right and wrong can be pretty ambiguous. In general though if you fuck up the sooner you admit to it the sooner people can help. I say it to my lads all the time. Don't try and pull the wool, I was there before you even left school!!

over a year ago

I spend my life apologising for insensitive shit I say, and sometimes even stuff I've not done but someones still taken offence.

Part of me thinks people need to toughen up and not be so easily offended but on the flipside I don't wish to hurt peoples feelings.

over a year ago

Yup

I have a broad back and a thick skin and, thankfully, a conscience that outstrips my ego.

If I wrong someone, I will always attempt to resolve it or face it rather than shy away from it.

If they don't want to listen, they are free to do so but they will do so with the knowledge that I apologised and tried to put right any situation I had helped to create.

over a year ago

I nearly broke one of my principals yesterday, so I Nearly apologised to myself

over a year ago

I think I've been too apologetic in the past. Nearly to a point : sorry that I exist! So not doing that anymore.....but sorry if I offended anyone...wasnt my intention lol

over a year ago

"Happy to admit I'm wrong and apologise, I'm only human! "

^^^^ same here

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

I always apologise if i'm in the wrong.

The person who decides if I am wrong is ME.

We all operate by our own moral compasses and that is the way it should be.

I don't fall for the attempts at intimidation , bullying, deflection , alarm, upset , apparent offense and general twattyness of those that want to take some kind of moral high ground.

I don't mind apologising or eating humble pie. It's good for my own feelings and recovery from situations - but like I say I decide if i'm in the wrong not anyone else. Though I will say how unfortunate it is that you are upset if you insist on being upset and making poor social situations through your own illogical behaviour and reasoning and need to take umbrage at the every utterance or action of others.

If someone upsets me I do let them know but not in a public display. MOST public displays of offence are made by simplistic beings with agendas or overly desparate needs to elevate themselves via the put down of others.

over a year ago

only if im arguing about a factual issue.

IF your arguing about something you believe in then as long as its what your truly believe to be right and true, then you can never be wrong.

By *isscheekychopsWoman
over a year ago

The land of grey peas and bacon

Yes I admit when I'm wrong and will say sorry

By *inaTitzTV/TS
over a year ago

Titz Towers, North Notts

I don't mind being wrong. However, I do know a few people who if they are wrong then go on to redefine the original question to show that they were correct.

over a year ago

Yes. I apologise if I think I am wrong or if I have unintentionally hurt someone's feelings. Sometimes I apologise when I believe I'm not in the wrong if I that helps the relationship.

over a year ago

Yes I'm always willing to admit I was wrong and apologise. It amazes me how very proud some people are who won't do the same.

They see it as admission of a flaw or a sign of weakness.

over a year ago

Always.

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

"only if im arguing about a factual issue.

IF your arguing about something you believe in then as long as its what your truly believe to be right and true, then you can never be wrong."

That's an interesting point actually.

I guess you CAN be wrong but believe you are right.

I agree with what you said anyway ... for the time being

By *imply_SensualMan
over a year ago

warrington

Yes, I always admit if I am wrong. I would want someday to do the same and I would respect them more for it.

over a year ago

Always stand up and be counted if I am in the wrong and apologise if I have offended anyone.

over a year ago

"I spend my life apologising for insensitive shit I say, and sometimes even stuff I've not done but someones still taken offence.

Part of me thinks people need to toughen up and not be so easily offended but on the flipside I don't wish to hurt peoples feelings.

"

Surely that has a flipside in that you shouldn't be so worried in offending people? Being wrong and apologising is one thing, but being right and apologising is another.

over a year ago

Always wrong. I sometimes admit it when I am right.

over a year ago

"I spend my life apologising for insensitive shit I say, and sometimes even stuff I've not done but someones still taken offence.

Surely that has a flipside in that you shouldn't be so worried in offending people? Being wrong and apologising is one thing, but being right and apologising is another."

Sometimes the relationship is worth far more than being right?

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

Surely that has a flipside in that you shouldn't be so worried in offending people? Being wrong and apologising is one thing, but being right and apologising is another.

Sometimes the relationship is worth far more than being right? "

Abso bloody lutely.

I'd care more for the dignity of 'certain' others more for than proving I am right.

My ageing dad was one .. my struggling kids are others and any decent friend and human being.

over a year ago

Sometimes the relationship is worth far more than being right?

Abso bloody lutely.

I'd care more for the dignity of 'certain' others more for than proving I am right.

My ageing dad was one .. my struggling kids are others and any decent friend and human being."

Totally agree Granny

over a year ago

I cant see it ever happening but if there does come a time that i am wrong i like to think that i would put my hands up and say sorry.

perfection is a burden sometimes.

Gimp

By *igeiaWoman
over a year ago

Bristol

If I'm wrong, I'll admit it freely. Otherwise I'm still the bossy little girl who got detentions when she refused to apologise even when she knew she'd done something wrong!

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

"I cant see it ever happening but if there does come a time that i am wrong i like to think that i would put my hands up and say sorry.

perfection is a burden sometimes.

Gimp"

Oh Lord it's hard to be humble .... as the song goes

One perfect person to another x

over a year ago

IF your arguing about something you believe in then as long as its what your truly believe to be right and true, then you can never be wrong.

That's an interesting point actually.

I guess you CAN be wrong but believe you are right.

I agree with what you said anyway ... for the time being "

see, everyone takes the piss out of me because i tend to see things black and white, no grey areas, but i always say, you cant make decisions with maybes.

if someone asks me a question, they get what i honestly believe on the subject, rightly or wrongly, im honest with them, and to myself (thats how i sleep at night lol) so you can only be wrong if your opinion doesnt match what they want to hear.

however, if someone asks you, say, the capital of nigeria, and you tell them its Paris, then i tend to agree your wrong lol

over a year ago

I only operate on the basis of different degrees of right. I don't see anything wrong with that.

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

So where is Paris then ?

over a year ago

"I only operate on the basis of different degrees of right. I don't see anything wrong with that.

"

Thats the right angle to take on it

Gimp

over a year ago

"So where is Paris then ?"

dunno, somewhere bloody foreign

over a year ago

"I always apologise if i'm in the wrong.

I don't fall for the attempts at intimidation , bullying, deflection , alarm, upset , apparent offense and general twattyness of those that want to take some kind of moral high ground.

I don't mind apologising or eating humble pie. It's good for my own feelings and recovery from situations - but like I say I decide if i'm in the wrong not anyone else. Though I will say how unfortunate it is that you are upset if you insist on being upset and making poor social situations through your own illogical behaviour and reasoning and need to take umbrage at the every utterance or action of others.

If someone upsets me I do let them know but not in a public display. MOST public displays of offence are made by simplistic beings with agendas or overly desparate needs to elevate themselves via the put down of others. "

Excellent point, wish I could get to this point but being quite self-critical I invariably decide I am wrong. And my general desire to crack a joke often goes down like a lead balloon. EG I once heckled a woman in a jovial way in a presentation (it was a small friendly affair, just our team and we got on well) she was 10 years older than me. She burst into tears afterwards and told I colleague I'd humiliated her.

Instinctively I thought 'grow up woman' but my actions didn't reflect that.

I don't know what else was going on in her head was one thing I considered, plus by this time everyone was making a fuss saying 'shes crying' and I just thought, you can stop this drama and diffuse the situation, just go say sorry. So despite thinking I'd been joshing and she'd been ridiculously sensitive I said sorry.

over a year ago

IF your arguing about something you believe in then as long as its what your truly believe to be right and true, then you can never be wrong."

I don't argue if it's someone's beliefs/ opinion. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. Just because it's different to mine, doesn't mean it's wrong. If they said the sky was yellow I'd go with it. Maybe it is yellow in their eyes.

over a year ago

It's never happened to me....I've never been wrong

over a year ago

Its in Texas

Gimp

over a year ago

Making another sex tape, on a yacht, probably. Lucky bitch.

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

If someone upsets me I do let them know but not in a public display. MOST public displays of offence are made by simplistic beings with agendas or overly desparate needs to elevate themselves via the put down of others.

Excellent point, wish I could get to this point but being quite self-critical I invariably decide I am wrong. And my general desire to crack a joke often goes down like a lead balloon. EG I once heckled a woman in a jovial way in a presentation (it was a small friendly affair, just our team and we got on well) she was 10 years older than me. She burst into tears afterwards and told I colleague I'd humiliated her.

I don't know what else was going on in her head was one thing I considered, plus by this time everyone was making a fuss saying 'shes crying' and I just thought, you can stop this drama and diffuse the situation, just go say sorry. So despite thinking I'd been joshing and she'd been ridiculously sensitive I said sorry.

"

Oof ! Cringy nightmare situation. The cryer always wins too .... no one will consider how you feel. You will be the bastard if someone cries.

It's a learning curve. Jokes are great crowd pleasers but NEVER EVER EVER make it against someone else..... not cos it's wrong but because it becomes their weapon and you lose..... doesn't matter what your intention was. You lose.

By *ee VianteWoman
over a year ago

Somewhere in North Norfolk

Usually I'll admit when I'm wrong. As already said though, my opinion of when I'm wrong may differ from the views of others.

A few times in the early days of my career I didn't have the balls to admit I'd fucked up and once or twice I let others take the blame for my errors. Without fail I felt crappy about it and soon decided 'fessing up was far preferable.

I can think of one instance from 1998 where I let someone else take the blame for something I did and I still feel bad about it.

Besides, if I'd never made a mistake I wouldn't have learned a fair chunk of what I now know.

over a year ago

I'm sorry

over a year ago

Oof ! Cringy nightmare situation. The cryer always wins too .... no one will consider how you feel. You will be the bastard if someone cries.

It's a learning curve. Jokes are great crowd pleasers but NEVER EVER EVER make it against someone else..... not cos it's wrong but because it becomes their weapon and you lose..... doesn't matter what your intention was. You lose.

"

Exactly and these are the situations where I tend to trip up, it's childish excitement that leads to it and I never ever intend harm, so i recognise that I am actually at least partly to blame.

Interestingly I've only ever really upset women, men just give back what they get, probably the reason I've not had a female friend for 20 years.

over a year ago

We all make mistakes. It's called learning.

By *hrissie1961Woman
over a year ago

dumfries and galloway

Depends who it is...if it's some right smart arse tosser I would rather stick pins in my eyes

over a year ago

"Depends who it is...if it's some right smart arse tosser I would rather stick pins in my eyes "

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

"Depends who it is...if it's some right smart arse tosser I would rather stick pins in my eyes "

What's a smart arse tosser ?

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

Exactly and these are the situations where I tend to trip up, it's childish excitement that leads to it and I never ever intend harm, so i recognise that I am actually at least partly to blame.

Interestingly I've only ever really upset women, men just give back what they get, probably the reason I've not had a female friend for 20 years."

Different argument entirely but I believe that generally , women are socialised into weeping their way out of situations.

I'm not typically female either.

over a year ago

"Depends who it is...if it's some right smart arse tosser I would rather stick pins in my eyes

What's a smart arse tosser ? "

Go and stand where you usually brush your teeth and you should be able to see one.

By *ee VianteWoman
over a year ago

Interestingly I've only ever really upset women, men just give back what they get, probably the reason I've not had a female friend for 20 years."

Some women give back what they get too. Often with interest.

My degree is in a male dominated subject and I worked in a heavily male dominated environment until I got ill.

I stood my ground well enough

By *ee VianteWoman
over a year ago

Interestingly I've only ever really upset women, men just give back what they get, probably the reason I've not had a female friend for 20 years.

Different argument entirely but I believe that generally , women are socialised into weeping their way out of situations.

I'm not typically female either."

I'd rather gouge out my own eyes with a spork than cry in public, to win sympathy or get out of a situation.

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

A Splade might do a neater job ....

By *ee VianteWoman
over a year ago

"A Splade might do a neater job ...."

Don't diss the power of the spork!

By *bony in IvoryCouple
over a year ago

Black&White Utopia

Yeap! Happy to hold my hands up and shove me tits out if I am in the wrong , unfortunatly there are many who are happy to bury their head in the sand and never admit it....

over a year ago

I think in fairness to my own sex it's down to how my communication misfires and my humour doesn't work. If I were a social pragmatist (or more skilled) I would address the issue consciously but I enjoy being a clown too much.

I will however apologise when I've seen that my behaviour has upset someone, which is less often but probably still too often.

By *ce WingerMan
over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

I freely admit when I'm wrong and will apologise. I have a friend who will argue til he's blue in the face about something that I know for a fact to be utter balderdash. When confronted with the correct facts he just laughs it off, sorry is not in his vocabulary

By *ScotsmanMan
over a year ago

ayrshire

Im not often wrong but im right again

But if it makes you happy we can pretend you're right.

over a year ago

I don't argue if it's someone's beliefs/ opinion. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. Just because it's different to mine, doesn't mean it's wrong. If they said the sky was yellow I'd go with it. Maybe it is yellow in their eyes. "

oh, dont get me wrong, if we are discussing opinions i never say theirs is wrong either, i just wont accept that mine is.

its more of a point of someone asking me my opinion about something, and if it doesnt match theirs, they want to argue the toss.

i will never back down if its what i believe to be true, or right, in that situation.

of course, they always have the opportunity to just not bloody ask me lol

over a year ago

yes i usualy do.

Post new Message to Thread