Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Celebrity

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Why are people so obsessed with it ?

Who gives a flying shite who is shagging who, who's had a baby, who has been cheated on, who got d*unk and made a prick of themselves, who looks awful in a bikini etc ?

Why do so many buy into it ?

Aspiration, noseyness or a life so dull that the lives of others is summat to gossip about ?

I might be busy on Thursday so I thought I'd get it in now

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *ee VianteWoman
over a year ago

Somewhere in North Norfolk

Don't know. I don't care.

By *emmefataleWoman
over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

Everyone loves a bit of gossip, deny it as much as you want but I will call anyone who says they don't a fibber. Not necessarily celeb goss though.

People are interested for all sorts of reasons,could be someone they look up to, someone they have followed a number of years, maybe they enjoy a glimpse into the lives of others? Twitching net curtains on a much grander scale but the media have made an awful lot of money on the back of it.....its big business.

By *ee VianteWoman
over a year ago

Somewhere in North Norfolk

"Everyone loves a bit of gossip, deny it as much as you want but I will call anyone who says they don't a fibber. Not necessarily celeb goss though.

People are interested for all sorts of reasons,could be someone they look up to, someone they have followed a number of years, maybe they enjoy a glimpse into the lives of others? Twitching net curtains on a much grander scale but the media have made an awful lot of money on the back of it.....its big business. "

Gossip, yes but I couldn't give a damn what celebrideees do.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

It's not who cares or not it's business at the end if the day and gossip sells papers.

By *emmefataleWoman
over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

"Everyone loves a bit of gossip, deny it as much as you want but I will call anyone who says they don't a fibber. Not necessarily celeb goss though.

People are interested for all sorts of reasons,could be someone they look up to, someone they have followed a number of years, maybe they enjoy a glimpse into the lives of others? Twitching net curtains on a much grander scale but the media have made an awful lot of money on the back of it.....its big business.

Gossip, yes but I couldn't give a damn what celebrideees do."

To me its no different, one is famous the other not....same shit different toilet.

over a year ago

People are interested for all sorts of reasons,could be someone they look up to, someone they have followed a number of years, maybe they enjoy a glimpse into the lives of others? Twitching net curtains on a much grander scale but the media have made an awful lot of money on the back of it.....its big business. "

I can honestly say I have no interest in anybody else's life, I hate gossip and will tell who ever is gossiping to not tell me, if someone wants me to know something they will tell me otherwise they clearly want it kept secret, I live in my own little bubble and never want to come out of it,

On the other hand her indoors is a fucking nightmare for gossiping and celebrity shit, she's never off Facebook seeing who's up to what and when

By *emmefataleWoman
over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

I can honestly say I have no interest in anybody else's life, I hate gossip and will tell who ever is gossiping to not tell me, if someone wants me to know something they will tell me otherwise they clearly want it kept secret, I live in my own little bubble and never want to come out of it,

On the other hand her indoors is a fucking nightmare for gossiping and celebrity shit, she's never off Facebook seeing who's up to what and when"

Ahhhhhhhhhhh Facebook, the worlds biggest gossip column

over a year ago

I don't care. Don't buy newspapers or mags of any kind. Celebrity life doesn't interest me. In fact it makes me mad that they have so much money and influence and yet don't do that much to help out the less fortunate. I prefer to read about what's going on with normal people all over the world and our planet and so on. But I have found nothing suitable so far.

over a year ago

I don't read papers or mags, all full of lies anyway. It bores me. I think good on them for getting photo deals if that's what they want to do.

It worries me a bit that teenagers think it's 'normal' to be like that. People are too needy. Facebook posts detailing every nanosecond of their life. Sad.

over a year ago

"Why are people so obsessed with it ?

"

It's not that people are obsessed with it.

most celebrities are 100% pure fuckups, so when people (the general public) see some really negative shit, it makes those that have really shit lives not seem as shit as those celebrities.

People are drawn to negativity.

It's why shows like Jeremy Kyle/Eastenders..etc..etc.. are so popular.

It makes those that have NO lives feel just a little bit better about themselves.

It's the same with celebrity mags, people read them because they get off on other peoples fucked up lives.

And..well, plain nosey...

Post new Message to Thread