Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Moaning

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Despite being made redundant by a bank (bastards!!!) my colleagues and I decided to honour a charity day decorating a building at a special needs school yesterday. As we worked I watched the kids throughout the day and, despite the fact that some of them obviously had significant disabilities to overcome, the vast majority were happy as Larry, and it made me realise just how fortunate I am, and that I've no real reason to be fed up depressed or whatever. A lovely day and an epiphany to boot, I'm going to consciously try not to moan any more. We are lucky aren't we?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Good for you and hope it all works out for you

over a year ago

Yes we are! Good on you and your mates.

By *ce WingerMan
over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

What a lovely thoughtful post. The things that some people moan about pale into insignificance compared to other people's everyday traumas and battles just to survive sometimes.

By *ancs MinxWoman
over a year ago

Burnley

"What a lovely thoughtful post. The things that some people moan about pale into insignificance compared to other people's everyday traumas and battles just to survive sometimes. "

By *bony in IvoryCouple
over a year ago

Black&White Utopia

"Despite being made redundant by a bank (bastards!!!) my colleagues and I decided to honour a charity day decorating a building at a special needs school yesterday. As we worked I watched the kids throughout the day and, despite the fact that some of them obviously had significant disabilities to overcome, the vast majority were happy as Larry, and it made me realise just how fortunate I am, and that I've no real reason to be fed up depressed or whatever. A lovely day and an epiphany to boot, I'm going to consciously try not to moan any more. We are lucky aren't we? "
yeap we sure are Lucky ... Many more should do stuff you have just discribed.... Puts a whole new slant on things dont it

over a year ago

I make my own luck

over a year ago

"What a lovely thoughtful post. The things that some people moan about pale into insignificance compared to other people's everyday traumas and battles just to survive sometimes. "

Quite true. I did the Moonwalk last weekend - 26.2 miles. It was bitterly cold, really hard going, I fainted at the end, I was under the weather for a few days after coming home, I moaned and then one lady told me how her daughter was suffering after her latest chemo and then I remembered why I did it and counted my blessings that I was able to take part!

over a year ago

My twin sister had cerebral palsy. It could have been me if I was born second. I consider myself very lucky. Good work,I hope you find a job you enjoy shortly

Post new Message to Thread