Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Clairvoyance are they genuine?

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

If they aren't what the fuck are they up to?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *rightonsteveMan
over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

"If they aren't what the fuck are they up to?"

I knew you'd say that.

By *riendly foeWoman
over a year ago

In a crisp poke on the A814

If I was clairvoyant I might have been able to answer this question

By *bi HaiveMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Cheeseville, Somerset

I doubt it.

I was in a pub one night where one was doing readings.

She asked if I wanted one.

I told her she should already know the answer to that question !

A

over a year ago

"If they aren't what the fuck are they up to?

I knew you'd say that."

Ooo bloody hell you are one aren't you ok what do I have in my hand?

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Without doubt clairvoyants are genuine..... "Genuine Fukin Charlatans"

By *rightonsteveMan
over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

"If they aren't what the fuck are they up to?

I knew you'd say that.

Ooo bloody hell you are one aren't you ok what do I have in my hand? "

I don't know but I bet you wish you had two in the bush

over a year ago

"Without doubt clairvoyants are genuine..... "Genuine Fukin Charlatans"

"

If they are how come them dead people talk to them then at them big shows they do?

By *izzy RascallMan
over a year ago

Cardiff

Yes I think they are genuine

over a year ago

If they are how come them dead people talk to them then at them big shows they do? "

Yeah and the Moon is made of green cheese....

By *icked weaselCouple
over a year ago

Near Edinburgh..

we have one in the family..

They just as good as scammers - They do things to try and find out all about you - only to tell you the obvious.. = Load of crap ..

And the people who believe they can talk to the dead

By *oom18Couple
over a year ago

Rotherham

Police are on the lookout for a midget clairvoyant.

So theres a small medium at large.

By *ophieslutTV/TS
over a year ago

Central

Derren Brown has convinced millions that he has genuine psychic like talents, when he absolutely does not. He uses cold reading and other techniques.

If there's money to be made, then expect the unscrupulous to step-in and abuse others for cash.

There maybe some real abilities, I don't know. There are define scammers though. With the likes of James Randi who offers $millions for demonstrations of real skills, then there are routes for legitimate people to take to prove it.

Otherwise, I think the speak with dead type people who earn £thousands from theatre performances should be made to prove their skills before being allowed to sell tickets. It's blatant abuse otherwise.

over a year ago

"Derren Brown has convinced millions that he has genuine psychic like talents, when he absolutely does not. He uses cold reading and other techniques.

If there's money to be made, then expect the unscrupulous to step-in and abuse others for cash.

There maybe some real abilities, I don't know. There are define scammers though. With the likes of James Randi who offers $millions for demonstrations of real skills, then there are routes for legitimate people to take to prove it.

Otherwise, I think the speak with dead type people who earn £thousands from theatre performances should be made to prove their skills before being allowed to sell tickets. It's blatant abuse otherwise."

Derren Brown may do but there are others who claim they have the gift.

By *yrdwomanWoman
over a year ago

Putting the 'cum' in Eboracum

Knock once for yes, twice for no.

over a year ago

"Knock once for yes, twice for no. "

Only after cons have passed over.

over a year ago

"Knock once for yes, twice for no.

Only after cons have passed over. "

Not all some do it for free.

over a year ago

"Derren Brown has convinced millions that he has genuine psychic like talents, when he absolutely does not. He uses cold reading and other techniques.

Otherwise, I think the speak with dead type people who earn £thousands from theatre performances should be made to prove their skills before being allowed to sell tickets. It's blatant abuse otherwise."

Derren Brown has always been upfront in telling people that its bollocks and even describes how they do it in his show

By *aceytopWoman
over a year ago

from a town near you

they prey on people at there most vulnerable,my step mother went to see one when my Dad died,she chose to believe her so I suppose it gave her some comfort,i could have shot her down in flames but I chose to leave it alone because it made her happy

over a year ago

They're all con artists. I told the mrs that Derek Accora was a fake a whole 2 years before he was found out & sacked. He got setup by his own production team who got suspicious of his lies. How many have you ever heard winning the lottery, or winning big from a bet. If it was real, they would all be rich without having to take money from gullible people who believe & hang on every word they say.

over a year ago

Yeah they are genuine, genuine bullshitters who take advantage of vulnerable people and play on their emotions.

By *emmefataleWoman
over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

I for once, am on the fence on this one.Hope I don't get splinters.

By *my-blackTV/TS
over a year ago

Poole

"I for once, am on the fence on this one.Hope I don't get splinters."

I predict you could fall off, ooooh, let me know if you do and I can say i saw that one coming

But if you do I hope its only a low fence and you fall into a nice pile of feathers and dont get hurt

By *emmefataleWoman
over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

"I for once, am on the fence on this one.Hope I don't get splinters.

I predict you could fall off, ooooh, let me know if you do and I can say i saw that one coming

But if you do I hope its only a low fence and you fall into a nice pile of feathers and dont get hurt "

Last time I fell over a fence I was pissed, and it was only an ickle one luckily...

over a year ago

"I for once, am on the fence on this one.Hope I don't get splinters."

I bet they predicted you would say that.

over a year ago

My nan went to see one he insisted Grandad bob was really called David so they must be all bollocks.

over a year ago

Some do good, some don't. grief counsellors, psychiatrists, and many others use similar methods to read a person and feed back what they need to hear to move forward.

belief in life after death is the foundation of many religions, and a great relief to those in pain, so someone offering proof is just what some people need.

over a year ago

"Some do good, some don't. grief counsellors, psychiatrists, and many others use similar methods to read a person and feed back what they need to hear to move forward.

belief in life after death is the foundation of many religions, and a great relief to those in pain, so someone offering proof is just what some people need."

Do good telling you your uncle Billy is watching you from beyond the grave? A bloody nightmare if he was pervy I say.

over a year ago

Went to see a medium once. He was later proven to be fake. He spouts the same crap to everyone

over a year ago

I kinda guess if anyone gains true comfort believing there are people among us who have so called mystical abilities that's not such a bad thing.....

But I would strongly suggest they temper their acceptance of such wild claims by researching "Cold Reading Techniques" ....

over a year ago

"Do good telling you your uncle Billy is watching you from beyond the grave? A bloody nightmare if he was pervy I say. "

If it turns out there is a heaven, and they can watch over us... it ain't just uncle Billy, but all perverts from all time steaming up the voyeurs window every time you get naked!!!

Personally I think we just rot down into compost, but if there has to be an afterlife I am hoping for re-incarnation can't stand crowds and heaven as described... well you know how congested London gets, imagine trying to move through all people who have ever lived!!!

over a year ago

"I kinda guess if anyone gains true comfort believing there are people among us who have so called mystical abilities that's not such a bad thing.....

But I would strongly suggest they temper their acceptance of such wild claims by researching "Cold Reading Techniques" .... "

You mean the gullible

over a year ago

Houdini switched to exposing them as fake after his mother died and a supposed clairvoyant tried to take him for a fool.

over a year ago

"I kinda guess if anyone gains true comfort believing there are people among us who have so called mystical abilities that's not such a bad thing.....

But I would strongly suggest they temper their acceptance of such wild claims by researching "Cold Reading Techniques" .... "

I used to do Tarot readings, much of that uses the same mirror technique just using the cards as the focal point instead of the dead, The trick is to get people to self analyse they know the answer already, but some just don't want to say it out loud until they have something external to pin it on.

Ripping people off thorough any con is bad, but I have no objection to someone charging a reasonable fee to assist someone through grief or difficult decisions.

over a year ago

Wait. . . . I'm getting a sign . . . Yes he's saying you look pretty gullible . . . and he's gone! . . That'll be 35 quid love. . . . Next!

over a year ago

"Houdini switched to exposing them as fake after his mother died and a supposed clairvoyant tried to take him for a fool. "

Weird thing is that despite a life of tricks and deception, Houdini was so convinced about life after death continuing in the same vein as life before death, it hurt him to not be able to make contact and carry on a relationship with his mother as usual.

over a year ago

"Wait. . . . I'm getting a sign . . . Yes he's saying you look pretty gullible . . . and he's gone! . . That'll be 35 quid love. . . . Next!"

Is that any different to a qualified analyst saying "and how does that make you feel" after every sentence then charging you £200 for the privilege?

over a year ago

derek acorahh wanted £3000 for one nite to do a ghost walk around chesterfield!! easy money

over a year ago

"derek acorahh wanted £3000 for one nite to do a ghost walk around chesterfield!! easy money"

Rooney charges £300,000 for 90 minutes if people will pay then the amount is whatever you can get away with

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 14/05/14 11:05:54]

over a year ago

"Wait. . . . I'm getting a sign . . . Yes he's saying you look pretty gullible . . . and he's gone! . . That'll be 35 quid love. . . . Next!

Is that any different to a qualified analyst saying "and how does that make you feel" after every sentence then charging you £200 for the privilege?

"

nope, same scam by someone who has a degree

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

Are you sure ? Derren Brown goes out of his way to inform people that he is simply an excellent magician.... he never used the word magician.... might have been illusionist but he makes sure people know it's trickery .

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

Otherwise, I think the speak with dead type people who earn £thousands from theatre performances should be made to prove their skills before being allowed to sell tickets. It's blatant abuse otherwise.

Derren Brown has always been upfront in telling people that its bollocks and even describes how they do it in his show"

I missed this

over a year ago

I'm not sure. I think the majority is bollocks to fleece the vulnerable of cash but there are some psychics who are effective and sometimes instrumental in helping police forces crack cases. Therefore I think there are things I can't reconcile about the human psyche. There may of course be rational explanations for this too.

I would never go to any kind of reading though or go to a show, that's the stuff I think is all shit.

By *icple123Couple
over a year ago

st albans

Don't see many of them winning the lotto...

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

"I'm not sure. I think the majority is bollocks to fleece the vulnerable of cash but there are some psychics who are effective and sometimes instrumental in helping police forces crack cases. Therefore I think there are things I can't reconcile about the human psyche. There may of course be rational explanations for this too.

I would never go to any kind of reading though or go to a show, that's the stuff I think is all shit."

Re Police and Psychics.

You will find many psychics claiming to work 'with' the police.

You will not find a police force saying that they EVER approach psychics.

You will find police forces saying that they 'had to follow up leads from a psychic however tenuous because of the content' etc etc .....

QUOTE.....

In 2006, a group called UK Sceptics formally asked every police force if they had ever used a psychic. All the replies were a predictable "no" – except one. The Metropolitan Police admitted that in one case in 1965 a psychic had "played a major part". A 37-year-old haulage operator called Thomas "Ginger" Marks had mysteriously disappeared and Freddie Foreman, a gangster who worked for the Krays, was acquitted of the murder in 1975. But in 2000 he admitted the killing and that Marks's body had been thrown in the sea.

UNQUOTE

That murder continues to remain unsolved.

To my knowledge the police don't use psychics but it's very much in the psychics interest to insist they played a part.

over a year ago

Clairvoyance, clairaudience, clairsentience, intuition...

We all have certain abilities.

I've experienced clairaudience but sadly not to the degree of Jeanne d'Arc . I'd gladly swap names for numbers .

over a year ago

"I'm not sure. I think the majority is bollocks to fleece the vulnerable of cash but there are some psychics who are effective and sometimes instrumental in helping police forces crack cases. Therefore I think there are things I can't reconcile about the human psyche. There may of course be rational explanations for this too.

I would never go to any kind of reading though or go to a show, that's the stuff I think is all shit.

Re Police and Psychics.

You will find many psychics claiming to work 'with' the police.

You will not find a police force saying that they EVER approach psychics.

You will find police forces saying that they 'had to follow up leads from a psychic however tenuous because of the content' etc etc .....

QUOTE.....

In 2006, a group called UK Sceptics formally asked every police force if they had ever used a psychic. All the replies were a predictable "no" – except one. The Metropolitan Police admitted that in one case in 1965 a psychic had "played a major part". A 37-year-old haulage operator called Thomas "Ginger" Marks had mysteriously disappeared and Freddie Foreman, a gangster who worked for the Krays, was acquitted of the murder in 1975. But in 2000 he admitted the killing and that Marks's body had been thrown in the sea.

UNQUOTE

That murder continues to remain unsolved.

To my knowledge the police don't use psychics but it's very much in the psychics interest to insist they played a part. "

The programme I've seen was all from the police forces point of _iew, not the psychics so yes police forces do sometimes use psychics and do say so. Although they may be mocked, and perhaps rightly. Maybe the police are bribed to say it even.

As I said, I'm ambivalent on the issue.

Just like a psychic is trying strenuously to prove their abilities are real, so the sceptic is trying to strenuously prove the opposite. They both have a motive.

Hence I sit in neither camp.

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

I'm a sceptic without a motive.

over a year ago

"Don't see many of them winning the lotto..."

I can tell you the winning lottery numbers Just can't tell you which lottery in the next 500 years they apply to

over a year ago

If you're good at paying attention, a lot of people can put on a good show. A decent psychology class can teach you how to read body language. A few other tricks and all of a sudden you're a Clairvoyant. While we are still on the fence about this ourselves, we know there are a good many fakes out there. We like to think of the ability as possible but not probable.

By *aceytopWoman
over a year ago

from a town near you

"Houdini switched to exposing them as fake after his mother died and a supposed clairvoyant tried to take him for a fool.

Weird thing is that despite a life of tricks and deception, Houdini was so convinced about life after death continuing in the same vein as life before death, it hurt him to not be able to make contact and carry on a relationship with his mother as usual."

he also promised his,wife I think it was, that when he died he would try to come through to her,she tried evry medium she could but never heard from him again,many people have tried and failed to contact him over the years,he left a secret code with his wife so she would know it was him

over a year ago

Look up cold reading

over a year ago

Flatmate went last night and they are deffo bullshiters he says.

By *xpresMan
over a year ago

Elland

"

dont happen often buti agree with you on this one

By *lleyCat1969Man
over a year ago

Folkestone

I'd like to believe people who claim to be clairvoyant are genuine but so many have been proven to be frauds that I don't.

I do believe they are skilled at manipulating people, particularly those who are in a vulnerable state or willing to believe for whatever reason. Look up 'Barnum statements' for an explanation of some of their tricks.

By *qua vitaeWoman
over a year ago

Shropshire/Midlands

A friend of mine used to go to a clairvoyant - she even had a crystal ball! Once she predicted that my friend would have a lamb in her kitchen and sure enough, a couple of weeks later, she did indeed had a lamb in her kitchen (she lives in suburbia not on a farm!). Another time during a spiritualist church meeting, she and her sister was approached who named me and said 'there will be a baby' (at the time I was having a hard time conceiving). I did managed to conceive and it wasn't until then that they told me.

I do believe there a fakes about; however, I've had the odd feeling of presence in houses - even in my own present one.

By *iewMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Angus & Findhorn

No, a complete pile of pish...

By *xpresMan
over a year ago

Elland

Phoenix nights says it all..

"well you dint see that comming,did you?" after he gets punched in the face when he calls a guy a "nonce" so funny so correct

over a year ago

A lot are fakes but there are some genuine ones out there. I also believe in life after death.

As a child (3yrs) my parents would check on me at night and I would be chatting away when they came in I would get upset and tell them they had scared my nanny away. There were other incidents too.

As for clairvoyants I have known of 2 good ones (avoid the gypsy ones) I was sceptical about the 1 I saw but he delved so much into my past telling me things that I had never told anyone about my childhood. I was going through a divorce at the time and he even mentioned things to do with that. Then he told me stuff about my future which at the time I didn't find convincing, however I recently listened to the tape and it was spot on with stuff that had happened.

Another one is one my mum went to at a spiritualist church, they talked about my deceased sister, my mums up and coming wedding, they described me to a t including my facial features and had a message from my sister to me.

So yeah there are hundreds of scammers but a few select genuine ones - don't give much away and only go to readings where u pay what you feel they are worth rather than them telling u a amount x

over a year ago

"A lot are fakes but there are some genuine ones out there. I also believe in life after death.

As a child (3yrs) my parents would check on me at night and I would be chatting away when they came in I would get upset and tell them they had scared my nanny away. There were other incidents too.

As for clairvoyants I have known of 2 good ones (avoid the gypsy ones) I was sceptical about the 1 I saw but he delved so much into my past telling me things that I had never told anyone about my childhood. I was going through a divorce at the time and he even mentioned things to do with that. Then he told me stuff about my future which at the time I didn't find convincing, however I recently listened to the tape and it was spot on with stuff that had happened.

Another one is one my mum went to at a spiritualist church, they talked about my deceased sister, my mums up and coming wedding, they described me to a t including my facial features and had a message from my sister to me.

So yeah there are hundreds of scammers but a few select genuine ones - don't give much away and only go to readings where u pay what you feel they are worth rather than them telling u a amount x"

Genuine? You mean convincing don't you? They are entertainers artists not scammers but genuine they are not.

over a year ago

But I would strongly suggest they temper their acceptance of such wild claims by researching "Cold Reading Techniques" ....

I used to do Tarot readings, much of that uses the same mirror technique just using the cards as the focal point instead of the dead, The trick is to get people to self analyse they know the answer already, but some just don't want to say it out loud until they have something external to pin it on.

Ripping people off thorough any con is bad, but I have no objection to someone charging a reasonable fee to assist someone through grief or difficult decisions. "

Unless you're a qualified health professional then charging anyone to get through grief should be outlawed, it's simply preying on the vulnerable

over a year ago

"A lot are fakes but there are some genuine ones out there. I also believe in life after death.

So yeah there are hundreds of scammers but a few select genuine ones - don't give much away and only go to readings where u pay what you feel they are worth rather than them telling u a amount x

Genuine? You mean convincing don't you? They are entertainers artists not scammers but genuine they are not."

Each to their own but the one I saw nobody apart from the people involved in my childhood knew about the stuff he was saying. There is no way he could of found that information about me. I went in sceptical i was careful not to give anything away

over a year ago

Genuine? You mean convincing don't you? They are entertainers artists not scammers but genuine they are not.

Each to their own but the one I saw nobody apart from the people involved in my childhood knew about the stuff he was saying. There is no way he could of found that information about me. I went in sceptical i was careful not to give anything away"

You are not the only one who trys not to give things away but these people are cleaver they read people and do it well they wouldn't make a living from it if they couldn't deceive you.

over a year ago

As with anything you have to be given irrefutable evidence and yes I have friends who are clairvoyant and famous the best you can do is say no no and no make them work for a yes answer or just say can't take any of it. As for police using them they do but having seen one personally she was rubbish and it was not hard to realise the cosh she had was used in the great train robbery. As for reading people yes easy to do health wealth love so one of them will cover what they want to know

By *xpresMan
over a year ago

Elland

So yeah there are hundreds of scammers but a few select genuine ones - don't give much away and only go to readings where u pay what you feel they are worth rather than them telling u a amount x"

unfortunately like life after death its all bollox in sorry to say but its people using the sick vulnerable for easy money its pure sick and evil to do because they are looking for something to cling to..

over a year ago

Two questions really...

Q: Are clairvoyants, in the main, genuine?

A: No they are mostly fraudulent

Q: Is psychism possible?

A: Yes it is...which means some clairvoyants might be the real deal

By *uke olovingmanMan
over a year ago

Gravesend

i cant see it myself lol

over a year ago

If they are real, why are they never better than medium?

over a year ago

Each to their own but the one I saw nobody apart from the people involved in my childhood knew about the stuff he was saying. There is no way he could of found that information about me. I went in sceptical i was careful not to give anything away"

Didn't you know that stuff anyway? What's the point of paying a "clairvoyant" to tell you stuff you already know? It may seem clever that they appear to know stuff about you, but what good did it do you?

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

"

unfortunately like life after death its all bollox in sorry to say but its people using the sick vulnerable for easy money its pure sick and evil to do because they are looking for something to cling to.. "

we're all looking for something to cling to.

By *ensualtouch15Man
over a year ago

ashby de la zouch

"Two questions really...

"

Nope sorry missed the evidence bit you must have to make such an outlandish claim about it being possible

Zero evidence for life after death and much data to suggest it is non plausible

over a year ago

"Two questions really...

Nope sorry missed the evidence bit you must have to make such an outlandish claim about it being possible

"

Lol what evidence do you want ?

over a year ago

Sometimes I think this site should be renamed CynicalHumanistsrus.com

Some people have a bit of magic in their lives... and sometimes it defies current scientific understanding. Is it really so threatening to you that you feel the need to crush the magic whenever it comes along? Weren't you better off when you believed in Father Christmas? It just seems that some of you are still bitter at the loss of your own magic and all you want to do is go round the party popping everyone elses balloons

over a year ago

"Two questions really...

"

Taoist...have you got the memory of a goldfish? lol The brain is a receiver that picks up the consciousness of the living universe...remember?

Totally possible to tune into messages beyond your own...I've done it myself...that's proof enough for me

...oh and before you say.."no you didn't you were only hallucinating"... remember all those books you read at school? Yeah... hmm... only the thing is... you never went to school... you hallucinated the entire thing

over a year ago

Some are con artists and some are not.

By *lleyCat1969Man
over a year ago

Folkestone

WHOOOOAAAA!!!! Father Christmas? He's not real??? WTF!!??

over a year ago

I don't believe people can communicate with spirits of dead people

over a year ago

There are alot of fakes out there but the odd one or two are genuine. Personally avoid the ones that charge for a service that is infact a gift

Id dive alot deeper Into it all but theres too many flamers and trolls on the forums I see no point

End of the day some people belive some don't its all down to personal preference like everything

over a year ago

"There are alot of fakes out there but the odd one or two are genuine. Personally avoid the ones that charge for a service that is infact a gift

Id dive alot deeper Into it all but theres too many flamers and trolls on the forums I see no point

End of the day some people belive some don't its all down to personal preference like everything"

over a year ago

many years ago,well,about erm,50,i went with my friends to hastings,as a giggle i went to this gypsy looking old guy,had a hut on the front amongst other huts,and he did a palm reading,told me i would marry,hmm,seemed obvious,i would have four children,and live by the sea,would never be rich,but wouldnt have to struggle for money.

a few years later,i married.over six years had four children,well,i helped,moved down by the sea,and as for money,yes ,that was true also,not rich by any means,come close to being broke a few times,and the fee,he said what i wish to give him,so i gave him four pounds,well,quite a bit in those days.so i dont judge them all the same.

By *ensualtouch15Man
over a year ago

ashby de la zouch

"Two questions really...

Taoist...have you got the memory of a goldfish? lol The brain is a receiver that picks up the consciousness of the living universe...remember?

Totally possible to tune into messages beyond your own...I've done it myself...that's proof enough for me

...oh and before you say.."no you didn't you were only hallucinating"... remember all those books you read at school? Yeah... hmm... only the thing is... you never went to school... you hallucinated the entire thing "

Actually I remember perfectly well illustrating some facts that highlighted the plausibility of brain as receiver as low to zero

Alcohol drugs damage yet you forgot to address that

The point is I have evidence of the books my reading and education now what evidence do you have to illustrate your wild claim is more than your delusion ?

As for reality vs make believe

I like fiction and imagination but that's where I want to keep them

Derren Brown is my case in point

I could not watch the slimy psychic Sally . However I can watch derren as his is an honest show

I like star wars but it would be wrong to live a life feeling it's a true story

For every person who it could be said it helps their grief there is a honest way to cope too.

over a year ago

"I don't believe people can communicate with spirits of dead people "

I completely agree. It strikes me as absurd that, after death, our spirits linger around. However...I do believe in 'revelatory knowledge' i.e. the ability to tune into knowledge which is beyond our limited capabilities. Some major scientific breakthroughs came via dreams. Some looney Theosophist did an intuitive painting of what he thought an atom looked like only for it to turn out eerily true many decades later. Even that old fruit cake Edgar Cayce who predicted massive earth changes via totally changed coastlines now looks less like a fruit cake and more like an eerily accurate climate change predictor.

Down throughout the ages people have over and over again managed to intuit and tap into knowledge which was clearly beyond their capabilities. Take the example that was hilighted recently of the woman who heard voices in her head telling her she had a brain tumour. Her GP laughed at her but she came back so repeatedly that he thought he'd humour her and had a look. It turned out she did indeed have a brain tumour and after operating on it the voices in her head said "thank you and goodbye" and she never heard from them again.

Humanists, Atheists, and Material Scientist make great pains to try and explain away the rash of unexplainable phenomena that occurs across the planet every day as delusions. I prefer occam's razor i.e. the simplest explanation is probably the most plausible. This means, at times, that it probably was a hallucination...because that is simply the simplest explanation. At other times, however, that explanation involves so much complexity and supposition that I am happier going with the explanation that science does not yet know enough of how the universe works to explain it all

Science was held back from serious investigation of the workings of the universe by society's religious _iews for the first couple of hundred years and has really only accelerated in it's knowledge of the universe over the last 100 years. At the end of this period the humanists would like to believe that we roughly know 99% of how the universe works...with no real major surprises around the corner. I would suggest that a much more realistic and less rosy colored spectacled assessment would be that we only know 9% of what there is to know...if that. I am happy that revelatory knowledge, and the fact of the living universe, and the brain being a receiver of that living consciousness, belongs to the other 91% science has yet to discover

I'll take the wisdom of the gut over the intelligence of the brain any day

By *ensualtouch15Man
over a year ago

ashby de la zouch

"I don't believe people can communicate with spirits of dead people

I completely agree. It strikes me as absurd that, after death, our spirits linger around. However...I do believe in 'revelatory knowledge' i.e. the ability to tune into knowledge which is beyond our limited capabilities. Some major scientific breakthroughs came via dreams. Some looney Theosophist did an intuitive painting of what he thought an atom looked like only for it to turn out eerily true many decades later. Even that old fruit cake Edgar Cayce who predicted massive earth changes via totally changed coastlines now looks less like a fruit cake and more like an eerily accurate climate change predictor.

Down throughout the ages people have over and over again managed to intuit and tap into knowledge which was clearly beyond their capabilities. Take the example that was hilighted recently of the woman who heard voices in her head telling her she had a brain tumour. Her GP laughed at her but she came back so repeatedly that he thought he'd humour her and had a look. It turned out she did indeed have a brain tumour and after operating on it the voices in her head said "thank you and goodbye" and she never heard from them again.

Humanists, Atheists, and Material Scientist make great pains to try and explain away the rash of unexplainable phenomena that occurs across the planet every day as delusions. I prefer occam's razor i.e. the simplest explanation is probably the most plausible. This means, at times, that it probably was a hallucination...because that is simply the simplest explanation. At other times, however, that explanation involves so much complexity and supposition that I am happier going with the explanation that science does not yet know enough of how the universe works to explain it all

Science was held back from serious investigation of the workings of the universe by society's religious _iews for the first couple of hundred years and has really only accelerated in it's knowledge of the universe over the last 100 years. At the end of this period the humanists would like to believe that we roughly know 99% of how the universe works...with no real major surprises around the corner. I would suggest that a much more realistic and less rosy colored spectacled assessment would be that we only know 9% of what there is to know...if that. I am happy that revelatory knowledge, and the fact of the living universe, and the brain being a receiver of that living consciousness, belongs to the other 91% science has yet to discover

I'll take the wisdom of the gut over the intelligence of the brain any day "

All I hear is unsubstantiated nonsensical psychobabble .The best example of which is : .I do believe in 'revelatory knowledge' i.e. the ability to tune into knowledge which is beyond our limited capabilities.

Ok we can do something yet it's beyond our capabilities .tthat's just double speak .

I try most hard not to think with my gut it evolved very well to digest food but not good for thinking that's the brain you're thinking of

Your brain as a receiver falls flat at the drug test as drugs would not effect the thought processes if they emanated from outside the body ie beer goggles would not exist .

It also appears you have no shame regarding making up statistics ? Science does not make any such daft 99 percent claim or anywhere near , and your 9 percent is meaningless as we know you have made that up too

In fact I could make a rational argument that because we have explored so little of the universe we know less than a billionth of a percent and I could use established facts to illustrate that perspective but would moot it as highly suspect .that said it does not undermine what we do know .We do not build a mobile phone from luck it's very operation illustrates facts and science that can be repeated by anyone not just those who claim majik

Your unsubstantiated claims are just hot air. Every time you make one its easy to refute as my majik garden fairy sees all you do and confides in me that you make stuff up

over a year ago

"Your unsubstantiated claims are just hot air. Every time you make one its easy to refute as my majik garden fairy sees all you do and confides in me that you make stuff up

"

You live in a world where nothing weird ever happens. I don't You can easily refute my claims to others like yourself...precisely because they have not experienced what I'm talking about. I, and others like me who have experienced these things, remain unmoved by your simplistic attempts to shirk them off as delusional. If I was to seriously suggest that your experience of going to school was entirely delusional, as I jokingly did earlier. You would need a far more cogent argument from me for you to be convinced. Why? Because I would need to convince you that what you experienced wasn't real when, to you, it was

You admit that we probably know barely a billionth of what there is to be known (I was being excessively kind giving you that 9%). And yet you still believe that based upon your current knowledge you can fill in the gaps and explain away everything that currently lacks answers?!?! Talk about a leap of faith!

Oh, and as I said before, Beer Goggles could just as easily mess up our receivers ability to receive upon the spectrum we're designed to receive upon...warping the signals...and warping our translation of those signals. You'll need to come up with a better counter argument than that imo.

btw did you know that the gut actually has cells in it which are neurologically identical to brain cells

over a year ago

Colin fry is on tour and I'm thinking of going to see him just to make my own mind up

By *ophieslutTV/TS
over a year ago

Central

I think the professionals are either fakes or self deluded about their abilities. I wrote about derren brown above fairly poorly. He can be so convincing but just uses cold reading and other techniques and admits this - but if you did not know him you could swear he had a gift. I think most use similar techniques, motivated by money, power and fame. Im open to there being some powers that are supernatural but think it unlikely. And greedy scammers will distract from someone who may have a talent. If they are genuine there are organisations that will test them under scientific conditions. Of course very few ever accept the test and they have all failed. I think it proves that they are as good as all fake.

over a year ago

I gave a close friend who.is a psychic. Totally accurate and has read for some celebs x

over a year ago

"I gave a close friend who.is a psychic. Totally accurate and has read for some celebs x"

If they are a close friend...have they ever described to you how they do it? If so it would be fascinating to know what they said

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

I have had experiences that have caused me to keep an open mind on the subjects discussed here. I would never describe them or discuss them here because everyone's mind seems to already be made up one way or another.

By *londeCazWoman
over a year ago

Arse End of the Universe, Cumbria

I had an individual reading a few years ago and it was spookily accurate, so I believe there's something in it

That being said, I'm also sure there's plenty of charlatans out there too

By *B9 QueenWoman
over a year ago

Over the rainbow, under the bridge

"If they aren't what the fuck are they up to?"

No. They are a bunch of lying charlatans preying on the emotionally vulnerable to gain kudos, fame, status or money.

By *uby0000Woman
over a year ago

hertfordshire

any man who has a crystal ball should see a doctor lol

over a year ago

Nope. Total shite

By *ensualtouch15Man
over a year ago

ashby de la zouch

"Your unsubstantiated claims are just hot air. Every time you make one its easy to refute as my majik garden fairy sees all you do and confides in me that you make stuff up

You live in a world where nothing weird ever happens. I don't You can easily refute my claims to others like yourself...precisely because they have not experienced what I'm talking about. I, and others like me who have experienced these things, remain unmoved by your simplistic attempts to shirk them off as delusional. If I was to seriously suggest that your experience of going to school was entirely delusional, as I jokingly did earlier. You would need a far more cogent argument from me for you to be convinced. Why? Because I would need to convince you that what you experienced wasn't real when, to you, it was

You admit that we probably know barely a billionth of what there is to be known (I was being excessively kind giving you that 9%). And yet you still believe that based upon your current knowledge you can fill in the gaps and explain away everything that currently lacks answers?!?! Talk about a leap of faith!

Oh, and as I said before, Beer Goggles could just as easily mess up our receivers ability to receive upon the spectrum we're designed to receive upon...warping the signals...and warping our translation of those signals. You'll need to come up with a better counter argument than that imo.

btw did you know that the gut actually has cells in it which are neurologically identical to brain cells "

I live in a world where weird stuff happens . However I don't then hear one wildly implausible explanation and proclaim as not enough data exists to verify another concept the wild one is the most probable ? 10 of thousands of people Inc myself see metaphoric ink blots daily . Some realise what their brain is doing some don't x to everyone the illusion is clear real and convincing of the vast number of such experience some will inevitably hit lucky by linking to a real event .

Science loves gaps , not as much as pseudo science . There are less gaps daily and to date not one gap has found to be filled with majik

Yes beer goggles and you're wrong.

The theory you propose suggests the brain does no thinking makes no decisions holds no memories. You suggest the person personality is outside skull . That can be tested xx

There are effects a drug could have upon your fictional receiver . For example poor balance or slurping incoherent language .However a drug could not effect the out of body part of the person . It's loves hates tolerances it's opinions or its memories. And yet when humans take drugs their memories and personalities change measurably and that's science

Next the gut ? And again you illustrate pick and mix incoherent logic .

It seems your happy to trust science now it informs you about a cellular structure that resembles a neuron .yet have difficulty accepting the biological cellular facts regarding evolution

Then you suggest we think out of body so pointing out the gut has neurons is irrelevant to your opinion . Finally sadly thousands of humans have vast swathes of intestine removed oddly without any impact upon there cognitive abilities suggesting , what ever non detectable thinking your gut does its not tangibly significant I'd moot on the fringes of vague possibility but almost off the scale of implausibility

If your majik universe really could communicate you really would be able to connect to the birds eyes looking into my room right now . No one can no one will, zero evidence and much data compounding and colluding to illustrate why the concept you imagine has a probability rating off the scale

It's not that you propose the outlandish concept , it really would not take long to set up a number of experiments to test your theory could make a good first year uni project.

It's the dishonest disingenuous manner you suggest that out of body person and brain person are equally plausible . one thing surely we could agree is in reality the behaviour of humans would differ if thought processes were inter cranial vs extra cranial ? Beer goggles would not exist nor would dementia .I would also question the existence of dopamine and serotonin .as they alter mood which you claim comes from without the body.

Of course if you suggest the brain is more than a receiver does think and hold memories then your remote control human again becomes a concept that solves no mystery has no validation and is a needless fudged complication x

over a year ago

sigh

The brain receives signals...we alllll know that. It receives them from the eyes...it receives them from the ears...it receives them from the nose...do I have to carry on?

So the brain is a receiver...FACT!

When you get d*unk all of these signals go wonky. In your mind they shouldn't...but they do. Why? Because the brains capacity as a receiver has either diminished or been perverted.

Isn't that OBVIOUS?

Scientists, despite thorough and repeated attempts, have failed to find consciousness within the brain. They observe reactions. But they cannot find IT...nor anything producing it. It is therefore not out of the realms of possibility that consciousness...just like everything else that the brain's reactions are triggered by...comes into the brain from outside.

By *ensualtouch15Man
over a year ago

ashby de la zouch

" sigh

The brain receives signals...we alllll know that. It receives them from the eyes...it receives them from the ears...it receives them from the nose...do I have to carry on?

So the brain is a receiver...FACT!

When you get d*unk all of these signals go wonky. In your mind they shouldn't...but they do. Why? Because the brains capacity as a receiver has either diminished or been perverted.

Isn't that OBVIOUS?

Scientists, despite thorough and repeated attempts, have failed to find consciousness within the brain. They observe reactions. But they cannot find IT...nor anything producing it. It is therefore not out of the realms of possibility that consciousness...just like everything else that the brain's reactions are triggered by...comes into the brain from outside."

Sigh

Yes we all know the brain as a processor is sent signals from its sensors .and we know how .The eyes through emf ears through vibrations of air pressure , then through electrical impulses.allof which can be measured and observed

We differ here

You then suggest the signal from the eyes is sent using a so far Un discovered alleged Un measurable , signal to an external proccesor . Then signal is processed and returned to the remote vacant vessel.

As you rightly say the chemicals effect the mind ie the processor I'll reiterate a corrupted signal is totally differant to a changed story

Mri a humans brain as it thinks that's observing consciousness .as for understanding every neuron that will take a while and it would take a darn site longer if they gave up based on an out of body wild goose

There is a vast difference between the brain sensing data and processing it internally and suggesting it does nothing more than send the data elsewhere to be processed

It's also interesting you suggest the brain a physical and measurable connection of atoms is able to produce and receive a signal that is not emf and nor detectable .I'd suggest if a brain can transmit we can detect

See as a sub plot,

I feel it's far more productive to explore the reality of pheromones as subliminal communicators which can be proven than a baseless delusion that the brain is unable to process stuff has a unnecessary hidden data transmit receive pathway to an ethereal cognitive proccesor

over a year ago

I have not read all these posts. I really dislike "scientific" and "evidential" responses. Please, do you understand the point of science? There remain (perhaps thankfully) many mysteries not yet explained/predicted by scientific theories. It does not make them true but would life not be a trifle boring otherwise?

By *xpresMan
over a year ago

Elland

"Two questions really...

"

no no no this has NEVER been proven not a single propper scientist.. Its pure bollox

By *exymatcplMan
over a year ago

doncaster

Don't need a clairvoyant to tell me I'm not getting fucked tonight

By *ensualtouch15Man
over a year ago

ashby de la zouch

"I have not read all these posts. I really dislike "scientific" and "evidential" responses. Please, do you understand the point of science? There remain (perhaps thankfully) many mysteries not yet explained/predicted by scientific theories. It does not make them true but would life not be a trifle boring otherwise?"

No life certainly is not boring with the endlessly increasing insight regarding life and the universe x daily discoveries that compound our knowledge giving literal meaning and understanding into a vast array of environmental data sights sounds smells have added connections which are robust axioms

Boring I'll leave that to the samey unimaginative unfounded small world ed mystical majik

I see you distrust science and understanding for reliable unchanging limited fiction. Yet seem perfectly happy typing into a mobile phone see there is fun stuff and everything by understanding science

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

"I have not read all these posts. I really dislike "scientific" and "evidential" responses. Please, do you understand the point of science? There remain (perhaps thankfully) many mysteries not yet explained/predicted by scientific theories. It does not make them true but would life not be a trifle boring otherwise?

No life certainly is not boring with the endlessly increasing insight regarding life and the universe x daily discoveries that compound our knowledge giving literal meaning and understanding into a vast array of environmental data sights sounds smells have added connections which are robust axioms

Boring I'll leave that to the samey unimaginative unfounded small world ed mystical majik

I see you distrust science and understanding for reliable unchanging limited fiction. Yet seem perfectly happy typing into a mobile phone see there is fun stuff and everything by understanding science "

Please could you tell me what "robust axioms" means, I have trouble understanding your posts because I don't understand soem of the phrases you use.

By *ensualtouch15Man
over a year ago

ashby de la zouch

"I have not read all these posts. I really dislike "scientific" and "evidential" responses. Please, do you understand the point of science? There remain (perhaps thankfully) many mysteries not yet explained/predicted by scientific theories. It does not make them true but would life not be a trifle boring otherwise?

I see you distrust science and understanding for reliable unchanging limited fiction. Yet seem perfectly happy typing into a mobile phone see there is fun stuff and everything by understanding science

Please could you tell me what "robust axioms" means, I have trouble understanding your posts because I don't understand soem of the phrases you use. "

May I say what a sensible honest and wise question xx

Ok in context . Many small pieces of Science can be logical assessed to enforce and reinforce the validity or not of a theory

The science can be diverse geology chemistry and physics are used and cross referenced to date stuff.

I used robust to refer to the integrity and strength of the data behind the conclusion

An axiom is the definition of a concept who's evidence is so solid robust researched verified obvious that it is beyond doubt or further question

When referring to the technology in your hand for it to exist and do it illustrates a number of physical chemical logical and mathematical axioms xx

over a year ago

I guess some people just feel the need to believe in something all the different religions point to that so clairvoyancy is not far off that.

By *ensualtouch15Man
over a year ago

ashby de la zouch

"I guess some people just feel the need to believe in something all the different religions point to that so clairvoyancy is not far off that. "

It's been proven scientifically , human brains within their skulls will endeavour to subconsciously and consciously make a sense out of nonsense sensory input xx

When it evolved is unsure

over a year ago

"I guess some people just feel the need to believe in something all the different religions point to that so clairvoyancy is not far off that.

It's been proven scientifically , human brains within their skulls will endeavour to subconsciously and consciously make a sense out of nonsense sensory input xx

When it evolved is unsure "

This also explains a lot of current so called scientific thought...which very much comes from the same impulse to explain away things. There are also interesting legacies of this process which still exist within science. Take for example the structure of the Earth. Most books show a cross section of the Earth that goes through various stages until it reaches a hot core. Of course we do not know that this is the actual structure of the Earth...but it's our best guess. It just turns out that it also follows exactly the same structure that Rosicrucians thought it took and which they celebrated in their rituals and initiations, each of which was designed to take you down through a different layer of the Earth until you reached the hot core.

Coincidence?

Not really. Most of modern science erupted out of a hotbed of Rosicrucianism and Freemasonry. Obviously this theoretical structure of the Earth is a left over artifact of that inheritance. Whether it is actually true or not? We shall have to wait and see

over a year ago

I think clairvoyance stems from the arrogance of the human belief that we are more than just a biological organism with a finite period of physicality. In other words, I believe that when you die, that's it. No heaven, no hell, no kind of conciousness - no eternal soul. No ability for some middle-aged man with a pony-tail and an earring to be able to contact me when I've done with being alive.

By *ensualtouch15Man
over a year ago

ashby de la zouch

"I guess some people just feel the need to believe in something all the different religions point to that so clairvoyancy is not far off that.

When it evolved is unsure

This also explains a lot of current so called scientific thought...which very much comes from the same impulse to explain away things. There are also interesting legacies of this process which still exist within science. Take for example the structure of the Earth. Most books show a cross section of the Earth that goes through various stages until it reaches a hot core. Of course we do not know that this is the actual structure of the Earth...but it's our best guess. It just turns out that it also follows exactly the same structure that Rosicrucians thought it took and which they celebrated in their rituals and initiations, each of which was designed to take you down through a different layer of the Earth until you reached the hot core.

Coincidence?

Not really. Most of modern science erupted out of a hotbed of Rosicrucianism and Freemasonry. Obviously this theoretical structure of the Earth is a left over artifact of that inheritance. Whether it is actually true or not? We shall have to wait and see "

Ah you seem to suffer the old 1800s white beard condition x

Now sorry to break to you but the real model of our planet is a little more factual and evidence based not sure what infant school science book you get your facts from but it seems like your reading "a Christian s _iew of science and it's lies by Im deluded "

Our real modal consists of hundreds of data points recorded from transmissions and reflections from earthquakes x from lava make up from tectonics from hot spots from mass and magnetism .We know a lot lot more than you accept xx

over a year ago

I think life is short and we each should be free to enjoy the lives we want... whether we want to fill them with romantic imaginings and magical wonder or not. There are an abundant array of things we are unlikely to ever know...what happens after death is one of them. To propose any knowledge of such things is fraudulent whether it comes from the mouth of a priest or that of a scientist.

I am contented that there is such a thing as revelatory knowledge and gut instinct...wisdom that comes to us from beyond our logical brains. I am comfortable that there is enough evidence of this not only in the weirder tales of unexplained phenomena but also in the history of humanity's progress.

There is a place for people who do things by the numbers, people who only follow the data. So I respect that people like you Taoist need to exist in order to manufacture our watches, our mobile phones, our computers. But I also believe there is a place for imagineers and innovators; people who are prepared to follow a hunch even though all current data suggests they are likely to be wrong. I think it was Edison who said that the light bulb was not arrived at merely by improving the candle. What he meant is that sometimes, in order to progress and solve a problem, you need to think the unthinkable and try out something that everyone else feels is ridiculous. This was the case for many scientific inventions and discoveries down through the centuries. At each point they had nay sayers who pointed at all the current evidence and told them they were wrong.

20th century science has been largely defined by a sea of number crunching engineers and boffins who patiently followed previous boffins work... and by a small hand full of crazy fools who chose to follow a hunch and think along new lines that, when followed, ultimately proved to bear fruit. I am happy to enjoy the benefits of that sea of boffins. But, being an artist, I myself believe my place is in following interesting and colorful hunches and seeing where they lead

Can we live together or do you need to extinguish my light?

over a year ago

Some people will believe, some people need to believe others won't and more laugh at the situation me well the Sasquatch or the yeti need to be caught for me to believe

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

Please could you tell me what "robust axioms" means, I have trouble understanding your posts because I don't understand soem of the phrases you use.

May I say what a sensible honest and wise question xx

Ok in context . Many small pieces of Science can be logical assessed to enforce and reinforce the validity or not of a theory

The science can be diverse geology chemistry and physics are used and cross referenced to date stuff.

I used robust to refer to the integrity and strength of the data behind the conclusion

An axiom is the definition of a concept who's evidence is so solid robust researched verified obvious that it is beyond doubt or further question

When referring to the technology in your hand for it to exist and do it illustrates a number of physical chemical logical and mathematical axioms xx "

Ok, I unserstand thank you.

over a year ago

I don't think they are genuine

I dont believe in that crap anyway

over a year ago

Personally I think this thread has run it's course but I did just want to say that it's a shame when debates like this get so polarised.

In case I haven't made it clear, I think the adventure of getting to know the universe which Science is pursuing is an exciting, noble, spiritual, and vitally important adventure. It is an adventure into the material universe which is often profound and challenging...so it absolutely has it's place and I'm as hooked as the next person to enjoying it's progress...although I suspect I enjoy those moments of contrary evidence more than some I also think that it is important that Science evolves and changes.

Alongside this, however, I believe people are missing out if they do not pursue a spiritual exploration of the universe around them. Perhaps try esoteric techniques to tap into new experiences...perhaps keep open minds and challenge themselves to try new things. I once went to a lecture by a 'guru'. I was completely cynical about his 'guru-hood'. He asked us to stare at his face and allow our minds to go blank and that we would see something incredible. I realised at this point that I had a choice of remaining cynical and skeptical and seeing nothing...precisely because I didn't want to see anything. Or just to follow his instructions and give it a try...to remain open minded and exploratory about the experiential world I am living in. I did as he suggested and his face shone bright gold, filling the room, and then started shifting into the faces of different people. Afterwards he asked the room what they had seen and they had all seen the same thing.

Whilst it is important to be curious about the physical world around us, I believe it is also important to show curiosity about the experiential world. If we don't then we are really limiting ourselves...and possibly our science too.

So scientific exploration...scientific change YES!!!! But, for me also... spiritual exploration...spiritual change YES!!!!

Where me and the scientists meet is in our dislike of entrenched and inflexible dogmatic religious _iews. I believe one should approach one's spirituality in much the same way a scientist might...forever keeping an openly inquisitive and yet slightly skeptical mind. Test things for yourself...don't rely upon someone Else's word...try it out...if it doesn't work for you move on...if it does...try it again...see if it's a repeatable experiment. If it is there is a certain amount of empiricism to it, even if others can't replicate it...you can. You are free to believe what you wish...it's your one life...you are free spiritually...even in the most oppressive of regimes.

If you truly don't believe there is anything to any of this 'spiritual nonsense' then you really owe it to yourself to explore some of the many esoteric techniques such as meditation...and perhaps even try some mind altering stuff if you're open to that. Without trying these you are really as bad as anyone else who talks about something with certainty that they have absolutely no experience of themselves. So give it a try and see what all the fuss is about. Figure it out in your own mind. What do you think it is? Is it tapping into something real or is it just delusional? Did you feel deluded? Did you feel good after doing it and, even though you might consider it delusional, would you therefore recommend others to try it?

Standing on the side lines and bad mouthing things you haven't tried or experienced yourself is not a positive position to take. So, once again, scientific exploration...and experiential exploration...be brave...allow yourself to investigate both

Peace

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

I have read about such things as parallel universes and time being able to fold itself. Could these things in any way explain paranormal activity? I know nothing about such things beyond brief newspaper articles so am possibly being naive.

Post new Message to Thread