Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Ever Changing Culture...

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

We were sitting down to breakfast this morning, Siren, littleun and I, and littleun kept saying 'mum' 'mum' 'mum' over and over, so jokingly I said, "Aw, change the record, son!" (Obviously he didn't understand me cos he can't talk, plus he can't say 'dad' 'dad' 'dad' yet, but I'm not jealous, not at all!! lol), but then I thought about what I'd said and it struck me that in if I say that to him in 10 years time he'll probably say, "Dad, what's a record?"

The times they are a'changing!!

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

What is a record whishy?

Obviously summat before my time

Off ta google it xx

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman
over a year ago

evesham

change the CD or change the MP3 track just doesnt have the same ring to it

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I recently purchased a turntable so I could convert my vinyl to MP3 files, when I got the box of records down, my 10 year old son, said "what are they?", after explaining the whole history of vinyl and how the sound is translated from a vibrating needle to what you hear out of the speaker he said "I'd rather just download from iTunes and put it on my iPod than mess around with that thing" I still think vinyl gives a far better sound than digi files, assuming your playing it on a decent system of course

By *prite128Woman
over a year ago

maidstone

That's so true wishy ... Phrases we use will be explained as historical references lol !! Going to the pictures is one my much older boys struggled with recently

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

"change the CD or change the MP3 track just doesnt have the same ring to it "

That's what I was thinking at the time. So what phrase will we come up with that says the same thing? Basically, stop saying the same thing over and over. "Is your iPod stuck?" - not the same at all is it lol

Post new Message to Thread