Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

What stops you from reading a message?

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

I've messaged a few people in the past and they've still not been read but when I've checked their profile again, they've been online but just not read the message, some I've messaged before others I haven't, so if you see a message from someone (even if you haven't had a message from them before), why wouldn't you read it?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *prite128Woman
over a year ago

maidstone

if i've got lots of unread messages then i sometimes leave them til i have time to go through them ...or i'll read ones from friends only if im short of time and go back to other ones later

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I don't read them if I know I won't have time to reply.

By *hristalCouple
over a year ago

Northampton

Just a thought if you sign in from a mobile phone does it show the message as being opened?

Christal x

over a year ago

Normally read and reply at the time, but the mail system on here is funny, when you get a lot of messages in your inbox they tend to go onto a second page that you cannot access unless you delete all the mail on the first page, so messages can get lost unless you delete them all regularly.

over a year ago

all the above or if its clear the person hasn't read my profile

over a year ago

Mally mate send us one cause we always open the one a year we get or the one of admin saying thanks for being a site supporter lol Xx

over a year ago

always read messages and look at pies before teply to them saves any confusion later

over a year ago

I look at the profile first.

If the person is too far away or not what I'm looking for I delete without reading.

The exception is if they're responding to something I've written in the forums.

Forum Mod

over a year ago

I always look at the profile first too,I have messages that I don't read for days,but then what happens is they get lost on the next page and I can't get to them unless I delete others first

over a year ago

I don't worry. If they read and delete or don't read it just means you haven't grabbed their interest. Try again and if the same leave and move on.

By *atisfy janeWoman
over a year ago

Torquay

Their location.....Their age

By *atisfy janeWoman
over a year ago

Torquay

Then if they pass that stage I read their profile before opening their message....

over a year ago

"I look at the profile first.

If the person is too far away or not what I'm looking for I delete without reading.

The exception is if they're responding to something I've written in the forums."

same xx

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman
over a year ago

evesham

i read all messages i get and reply to most

what puts me off a message is length lol had a message the other day that was 5 paragraphs long and i have a short attention span

By *i 1 Get 1 FreeCouple (MM)
over a year ago

birmingham

Kid usually leaves it for me to read / action, that's if he's remembered to tell me there's a message

over a year ago

birmingham

"what puts me off a message is length"

Oooooooooo most definitely sometime one just wants to get to the point, sort of like, you wanna fvck! saves so much time typing!

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman
over a year ago

evesham

"what puts me off a message is length

Oooooooooo most definitely sometime one just wants to get to the point, sort of like, you wanna fvck! saves so much time typing! "

maybe a happy medium - i mean 5 paragraphs ffs!!

over a year ago

birmingham

"i mean 5 paragraphs ffs!!"

Perhaps he was lonely

over a year ago

"I've messaged a few people in the past and they've still not been read but when I've checked their profile again, they've been online but just not read the message, some I've messaged before others I haven't, so if you see a message from someone (even if you haven't had a message from them before), why wouldn't you read it?"

We always read messages and tend to reply but sometimes there might be a delay when I dont have enough time to read them properly and give them the answer they deserve, especially when I am posting at the same time. I cannot multitask... I am a woman !!

Post new Message to Thread