Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Bikers

Jump to newest

By *ondafirestorm OP   Man
over a year ago

heckington

Any on here? I have a 2000 blade and she is my baby mmmmm.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I have a Giant CRS, well its a push bike but still, two wheels

over a year ago

heckington

Well yeah but i was more suggesting a motorbike lol.

over a year ago

lol i've got a GT aggressor xc1, saves loads on petrol lol

over a year ago

heckington

jesus lol

over a year ago

have had loads over the years everything from a fise to an r1 used to race aswell but havent for a few years, racing hurts to much and the roads arnt any fun anymore so have hung up my leathers

over a year ago

heckington

Shame on you,roads in lincs arnt too bad if you can avoid the road kill and the police helicopters that track bikers up here lol.

over a year ago

iv got an 21 yo zx10 and a volusia 800 custom but the zx is my baby lol

over a year ago

We have a Daytona 650 which Pete uses for work every day.

over a year ago

"Shame on you,roads in lincs arnt too bad if you can avoid the road kill and the police helicopters that track bikers up here lol."

i hear what your saying but i had a bad crash while racing it took 2 years before i could walk again and many painful ops, also ive see to many friends put in the ground due to bikes, so while i wish you all the best on your bike and anyone else on one and hope you have alot of fun, my biking days are behind me

over a year ago

heckington

Well hopefully more bikers then this on here lol,thought most bikers were "free spirits" lol

over a year ago

heckington

Poor guy,but i know that feeling,had several friends of mine put int he ground as well,but just as many from other causes,myself,well i was in intensive care for a month after one of mine!

By *illwill69uMan
over a year ago

moston

I have a 1956 NorBSA A7 wideline with an RRT2 gearbox,6Gal stretch tank, clip ons and rearsets, same age as me and also feeling its age.LoL

Also a CB900F2, both parked up, may get them out this summer if my old bones feel up to it!

By *oe_Steve_NWestCouple
over a year ago

Bolton

Steve's got a VFR and mine is a Kawasaki ZZR600 - can't wait for some decent weather! Z

over a year ago

I've got an old Honda Bros, 650 Vee Twin, a great little bike that I'm slowly turning into a Cafe Racer

I had accident back in Mayday 2004. I hit a badger on a North Devon country road. I was riding a ZZR1100. Went to hospital in Air Ambulance

Haven't riden very much since, but I'm looking forward to doing a run to Ace Cafe on Cafe Racer day sometime

By *lay_N_cum2Couple
over a year ago

Somewhere in Scotland

We have a GSX 1400....do many miles travelling around this country going to rallies and it always surprises me the amount of swingers that go to the same rallies....Farmyard.. Stormin the Castle...going to the Simmer Dim on Shetland in June.. and heading down south then over to France in August and can't wait....Happy Biking....

Liz and George..xx

over a year ago

"Any on here? I have a 2000 blade and she is my baby mmmmm."

they're all hiding in your blind spot

But of course its up to us 4 wheel people to spot them not for them not to hide there!

By *iker BullMan
over a year ago

leeds

I have a Ducati 748R 0ne of only 1000 made,,she is my babe!!!!!!! Her name is izzy by the way

over a year ago

i have a 93 cbr 1000,put a thread on here for bmf but didnt get much response

over a year ago

"i have a 93 cbr 1000,put a thread on here for bmf but didnt get much response"

bmf.....big mother fucker

By *umourCouple
over a year ago

Rushden

"Shame on you,roads in lincs arnt too bad if you can avoid the road kill and the police helicopters that track bikers up here lol.

i hear what your saying but i had a bad crash while racing it took 2 years before i could walk again and many painful ops, also ive see to many friends put in the ground due to bikes, so while i wish you all the best on your bike and anyone else on one and hope you have alot of fun, my biking days are behind me"

I nominate this as the most sensible post that there is going to be on this thread! So many of my friends have died because they didn't heed the warnings that crashes obviously are. That is why I no longer ride two wheels.

I had a bad crash that was not my fault and ended up in hospital with metal plates... It actually makes me laugh when a friend of mine says to others that they ought to stop smoking cos it will kill them and then walks outside to get on his GXS1100 He has has a few accidents and one day...

over a year ago

"I have a Ducati 748R 0ne of only 1000 made,,she is my babe!!!!!!! Her name is izzy by the way "

i ran a 1098r in bsb in 2008, great bike had the chance to ride it round brands was awsome traction control took a bit of getting used to, managed to lap just 3 tenths of our riders pace lol

not bad for an old broke fart

over a year ago

its not always the bikers fault in a crash,car drivers are to blame for the majority,as part of their licence they should have to ride a moped on road for a few months!and yes,i have hit a car whilst on the road,i had seen it,they didnt see me at a junction,they cut it and left me no option but to write the side of car off!guess what?only my own mother driving car!!!!

over a year ago

"its not always the bikers fault in a crash,car drivers are to blame for the majority,as part of their licence they should have to ride a moped on road for a few months!and yes,i have hit a car whilst on the road,i had seen it,they didnt see me at a junction,they cut it and left me no option but to write the side of car off!guess what?only my own mother driving car!!!! "

sorry but i laughed at that

By *oe_Steve_NWestCouple
over a year ago

Bolton

"Any on here? I have a 2000 blade and she is my baby mmmmm.

they're all hiding in your blind spot

But of course its up to us 4 wheel people to spot them not for them not to hide there!

"

Yeah - cos we like nothing better than to 'hide' - I drive many miles in a car and also ride a motorbike - the owness is on every one to be alert! Z

over a year ago

I have loads of Bikes, I mainly use my VFR or ZX12R for blatting about on

By *iker BullMan
over a year ago

leeds

"I have a Ducati 748R 0ne of only 1000 made,,she is my babe!!!!!!! Her name is izzy by the way

i ran a 1098r in bsb in 2008, great bike had the chance to ride it round brands was awsome traction control took a bit of getting used to, managed to lap just 3 tenths of our riders pace lol

not bad for an old broke fart"

Yep the traction control on the 1098 model sucks,,riding buddy has a 1198 s much better system,Im racing in september myself in the no budget cup 3 hours endurance we are gonna run a 916 sps ,,cant wait!!!

over a year ago

i have a carrera katmandu ,, 15 years old and still turns heads ,, i love it that much she shares my kitchen ,

By *heWolfMan
over a year ago

warwickshire

I have a Gpz1000RX for playing the fool on, and an Africa Twin for going on holiday.

By *edangel_2013Woman
over a year ago

southend

"We have a GSX 1400....do many miles travelling around this country going to rallies and it always surprises me the amount of swingers that go to the same rallies....Farmyard.. Stormin the Castle...going to the Simmer Dim on Shetland in June.. and heading down south then over to France in August and can't wait....Happy Biking....

Liz and George..xx "

A couple I've known on the scene for a few years are bikers. Do all the rallies etc. Turns out they know my aunty and uncle. That made for interesting diversional tactics one time!!!!!

By *lutandhubbyCouple
over a year ago

west midlands

hubbys got a harley davidson 1200 sportster and ive got a 700 honda magna trike. (he rides the harley more than he rides me), lol. xxxxxxxxxxx

over a year ago

"hubbys got a harley davidson 1200 sportster and ive got a 700 honda magna trike. (he rides the harley more than he rides me), lol. xxxxxxxxxxx "

Have you noticed.......you seldom,if ever,see a custom bike or cruiser lying next to an ambulance.

Most accidents come down to combining 200mph bikes with 20mph brains. R

XX

over a year ago

"hubbys got a harley davidson 1200 sportster and ive got a 700 honda magna trike. (he rides the harley more than he rides me), lol. xxxxxxxxxxx

Have you noticed.......you seldom,if ever,see a custom bike or cruiser lying next to an ambulance.

XX"

My late partner was knocked off his BMW tourer and killed by two tourists in a car just minutes away from home on a wee backroad he has travelled all his life, both on his bike and in his car.

The crash investigation team assured me there was no speed involved.

I travel that same road every day to work, it's a sobering thought, I wish every biker good road and wish every car driver to be bike aware. xxxx

over a year ago

"hubbys got a harley davidson 1200 sportster and ive got a 700 honda magna trike. (he rides the harley more than he rides me), lol. xxxxxxxxxxx

XX

My late partner was knocked off his BMW tourer and killed by two tourists in a car just minutes away from home on a wee backroad he has travelled all his life, both on his bike and in his car.

The crash investigation team assured me there was no speed involved.

I travel that same road every day to work, it's a sobering thought, I wish every biker good road and wish every car driver to be bike aware. xxxx "

Thats terrible and you have our sympathy.

However we live not too far from Cadwell Park and you should see the idiots going to and from there on race days.

And yes,I have held a bike license for 34 years

I've had several friends who got killed on motorcycles,while I admit that one or two had nothing to do with speed,it came as no surprise to any of us when the others met their demise.

It was just a question of when it was going to happen.

XXXX

over a year ago

i had a friend who was traveeling on lincoln bypass following a car with pushbikes on a rack on rear of car,strap holding bikes to rack broke,bikes fell in road,he hit bikes,life support switched off 24 hrs later!car driver never charged with anything!!!

By *etitesaraTV/TS
over a year ago

rochdale

"i have a carrera katmandu ,, 15 years old and still turns heads ,, i love it that much she shares my kitchen , "

I keep my mountain bikes & my road bike in my kitchen - only the cheap commuter/shopping bike lives in the shed!

(buggered if i'm leaving £3000+ of bikes in the shed!)

By *etitesaraTV/TS
over a year ago

rochdale

"i had a friend who was traveeling on lincoln bypass following a car with pushbikes on a rack on rear of car,strap holding bikes to rack broke,bikes fell in road,he hit bikes,life support switched off 24 hrs later!car driver never charged with anything!!! "

I believe the EU is in the process of banning those rear-mounted strap held carriers from sale.

Quite right too IMHO, always thought they are dodgy. My bikes go inside the car & have a roof box for the camping kit.

By *eprobatepairCouple
over a year ago

london

Our household has the following Hondas:

For commuting in and out of central London:

CG125 Him

CB250 Her

For hooliganism:

CBR99RR Fireblade with the plate logo "My other toy is a toyboy"

Guess who rides that one then?

His toy is a Mitsubishi FTO.

Interesting as a new rider that I concentrate far harder and am much more aware on the bike than in the car.

over a year ago

Hubby rides a Harley Dina glide 1430 .chopped. we love going out on it and hubby is also a classic rock musician gigging all over the place including some cool bike clubs and rallies, hes down in folkestone at the Drop and doss rally on the 17th september, bands called "Shameful behaviour" look em up on line its dot com site. also might be doing the bulldog this year..might be. x

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 18/05/10 03:07:07]

over a year ago

"Steve's got a VFR and mine is a Kawasaki ZZR600 - can't wait for some decent weather! Z"

Oooohhh Zoe I was wondering if you had overcome last years or was it earlier this year nervousness.

I guess you have and you dying to get riding again kkeeeeeeeewwwwwwwwwwllllllllllllllllllllllll

By *-and-KCouple
over a year ago

Back of Beyond

They say size isn't everything, I'm not so sure, I have a 2000 Suzuki Hayabusa.

Yes I have tested the top speed, at an organised event, could only get to 196mph though, whereas quite a few others easily broke the 200mph the bike was marketed as achieving

By *oe_Steve_NWestCouple
over a year ago

Bolton

"Steve's got a VFR and mine is a Kawasaki ZZR600 - can't wait for some decent weather! Z

Oooohhh Zoe I was wondering if you had overcome last years or was it earlier this year nervousness.

I guess you have and you dying to get riding again kkeeeeeeeewwwwwwwwwwllllllllllllllllllllllll

"

Good memory! Taking it easy and looking forward to putting a few miles in this year! Z

By *wo2cumoreCouple
over a year ago

Lincoln

Well im glad to see there is so many bikers alive and well!

over a year ago

I used to Race Bikes and have had them all my Life, I've lost good Friends on Bikes over the Years but still keep buying and Riding them and always will, to all the Bikers on here keep the Shiney side up and take care.

over a year ago

"They say size isn't everything, I'm not so sure, I have a 2000 Suzuki Hayabusa.

Yes I have tested the top speed, at an organised event, could only get to 196mph though, whereas quite a few others easily broke the 200mph the bike was marketed as achieving "

i have a friend who supercharges those for his work, the best theys seen is 245

over a year ago

3 sets of bikers ive got to love over the years---

1. The Hairy bikers! lol

2.Hells angels

3.them lot who go down matlock every sunday when its RED hot! u know who ur! lol

By *evadomCouple
over a year ago

birmingham

Have a Harley, getting too old for the fast stuff but some of the new"retro" bikes look good

over a year ago

"Have a Harley, getting too old for the fast stuff but some of the new"retro" bikes look good "

The Retro Bikes are getting better over the last 2 Years, I'm off to the Wheelie comp at Elvington again this Year to see if I can beat my best times I set a couple of Years ago

By *hite_lightningWoman
over a year ago

Oxford

Very interesting thread! I used to have a Blade... might post a pic on my profile of me on it...

Anyway, there was an argument between a van and a Ninja 600 outside my house, Black_bolt and I went outside to see if both parties were ok. It turns out that the Ninja warrior was wearing and iPod as he was riding,and was probably way too close and may not have been concentrating. The van backed into him to avoid a car hitting him, so both are at fault.... but I guess I actually felt more sorry for the van driver!

I haven't ridden for years now, had to sell my beloved wheels when my late husband was ill, and still miss it even now... But feel the roads to dangerous to ever ride again. Its a shame, but beginning to have a really good life, and want to keep it that way!

To all my fellow bikers out there, take care xx

over a year ago

"I have a Ducati 748R 0ne of only 1000 made,,she is my babe!!!!!!! Her name is izzy by the way

not bad for an old broke fartYep the traction control on the 1098 model sucks,,riding buddy has a 1198 s much better system,Im racing in september myself in the no budget cup 3 hours endurance we are gonna run a 916 sps ,,cant wait!!!"

hope it all goes well for you, where is the event might be there myself if i am i will pop in and say hello,

stay safe

over a year ago

gsxr 600 k7

1999 Suzuki TL1000r

gsxr 750 k3

Honda VFR400

still being badgered to try the ktm rc8, im so undecided on it though...

Post new Message to Thread