Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Saturdays gunna be tough

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

I have my grading in Jiu Jitsu, will have to fight for nearly 2 hours as well as cover the required throws, punches, kicks and katas in the syllabus. My last grading I couldnt move the next day as it felt like i'd fallen down a flight of stairs and was bruised on my arms and legs from blocking. This one is obviously gunna be stepped up a gear

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

good luck with that!

I can just about wrestle a prawn cracker then I'm all out

By *irtydanMan
over a year ago

Blackpool

"I have my grading in Jiu Jitsu, will have to fight for nearly 2 hours as well as cover the required throws, punches, kicks and katas in the syllabus. My last grading I couldnt move the next day as it felt like i'd fallen down a flight of stairs and was bruised on my arms and legs from blocking. This one is obviously gunna be stepped up a gear "
eye of the tiger and all that stuff

By *heekychezzaWoman
over a year ago

warrington

good luck Mally....kisses for ya bruises, lol

By *irtydanMan
over a year ago

Blackpool

"good luck Mally....kisses for ya bruises, lol"
think i will start fighting

over a year ago

"good luck Mally....kisses for ya bruises, lol"

thanks babe, i know from past gradings there will be very few parts of my body that won't get bruised

over a year ago

Hopes it goes well for ya xx

over a year ago

stay in bed then ,,,, simples

over a year ago

good luck, hope it goes well for you

over a year ago

"I have my grading in Jiu Jitsu, will have to fight for nearly 2 hours as well as cover the required throws, punches, kicks and katas in the syllabus. My last grading I couldnt move the next day as it felt like i'd fallen down a flight of stairs and was bruised on my arms and legs from blocking. This one is obviously gunna be stepped up a gear "

Is that 2hrs constant work? If so then that's a mighty long time.

Back in early 80's a normal Shotokan, Shodan grading was about 45mins, and that's including 2 kata's, kumite, and basic form. Nidan was about extra 15 mins. Mind you, it does make a difference if there are a lot of people grading together, as the examining Sensei's have to closely look at each individual.

Added to the mix too, is the increased nervous tension.

You're gonna be well fooked when it's over, but best of luck mate

over a year ago

"I have my grading in Jiu Jitsu, will have to fight for nearly 2 hours as well as cover the required throws, punches, kicks and katas in the syllabus. My last grading I couldnt move the next day as it felt like i'd fallen down a flight of stairs and was bruised on my arms and legs from blocking. This one is obviously gunna be stepped up a gear

Is that 2hrs constant work? If so then that's a mighty long time.

Back in early 80's a normal Shotokan, Shodan grading was about 45mins, and that's including 2 kata's, kumite, and basic form. Nidan was about extra 15 mins. Mind you, it does make a difference if there are a lot of people grading together, as the examining Sensei's have to closely look at each individual.

Added to the mix too, is the increased nervous tension.

You're gonna be well fooked when it's over, but best of luck mate "

there's 10 of us doing various grades hence the time, think I'll get a 5 min break in the middle somewhere, not looking forward to going upo against the 2nd Dan black belts though

over a year ago

I wish you good Ki...

over a year ago

" not looking forward to going up against the 2nd Dan black belts though "

They will be more worried than you mate. They will not want to be beaten by a lower graded fighter, so they will be nervous as hell.

When I was fighting, the most feared opponents were the 1st and 2nd Kyu brown belts. They fought like men possessed, always looking to impress, and eager to show they were good enough to be black belts.

Just expect the unexpected and stay sharp

over a year ago

put some bubblewrap down your pants Mally, we don't want everything too bruised to function properly. xxx

By *arambarMan
over a year ago

swindon

Best of luck, Mally.

This thread has inspired me to get back into shotokan karate. I've not been for a few years and my level of fitness definitely shows it

over a year ago

good luck mally xxxx

By *heekychezzaWoman
over a year ago

warrington

"good luck Mally....kisses for ya bruises, lol

thanks babe, i know from past gradings there will be very few parts of my body that won't get bruised "

You'll be needing lots of kisses then

By *abioMan
over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

mally... you have missed a trick mate....

what you should of added is that you may need a "nurse" after... or women with the uniform to pamper you!!!!!

my saturday is going to be touch as well.... championship play off final, followed by hineken cup final.... followed by champions league final..... followed by game 4 of sharks vs blackhawks!!!!

see i don't know whether to have a full blown BBQ or just do chips and dips....

this is what my HD tele was made for!!!!

over a year ago

Nice one Mally.

Your efforts are well worth it in the end.

I studied Jui Jitsu many years ago to Black Belt level and its well worth the effort mate.

Me this Saturday I'm off to a Wedding. Only exercise I have in mind is my right arm throwing large quantities of Jack Daniels back my throat.

over a year ago

"mally... you have missed a trick mate....

what you should of added is that you may need a "nurse" after... or women with the uniform to pamper you!!!!!

my saturday is going to be touch as well.... championship play off final, followed by hineken cup final.... followed by champions league final..... followed by game 4 of sharks vs blackhawks!!!!

see i don't know whether to have a full blown BBQ or just do chips and dips....

this is what my HD tele was made for!!!!"

haha love it, well sounds like your gunna have a really good day and the weather is ripe for outdoor eating and drinking this weekend, just think of me sweating a bucket load in the dojo for two hours, must remember to get some beer in.

Post new Message to Thread