Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Mind games?

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Men often talk about mind games, how they don't want them, won't put up with them, etc, etc.... But what are they? I'm intrigued! Can you give a practical example of a mind game?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *aucy3Couple
over a year ago

glasgow

[Removed by poster at 04/05/14 03:13:30]

By *aucy3Couple
over a year ago

glasgow

Half truths,lies,and

manipulation.

With the aim of gaining an unfair advantage over the other.

Mind games are not gender specific.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Anything that's a head fuck for their own gain.

Signs are usually easy to spot as above.

Her

By *iewMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Angus & Findhorn

expressing vulnerabilities in the attempt to deepen a relationship that one party wants, not the other.

over a year ago

I could list quite a few that men play but I'd get a ban and it's not worth it.

over a year ago

Many are quite natural at it, so much it's not done consciously.

Oh to meet a 100% honest person who doesn't say what he thinks you want to hear grrrrrr.

over a year ago

"

Oh to meet a 100% honest person who doesn't say what he thinks you want to hear grrrrrr."

oh thanks!

over a year ago

"

Oh to meet a 100% honest person who doesn't say what he thinks you want to hear grrrrrr.

oh thanks! "

OY I didn't say I haven't met honest guys doughnut . It's just I get contacted by so many guys who obviously fall into the category I stated and so I don't meet, but occasionally one slips through the net.

You sunshine do come across as an open book

over a year ago

"Half truths,lies,and

manipulation.

"

By *Ryan-Man
over a year ago

In Your Bush

Sudoku - very annoying.

over a year ago

"Sudoku - very annoying. "

You are the blooming king of mind games

over a year ago

Women play mind games as well

In all the time I have been here have only met one couple and one single male that doesn't play them

over a year ago

Sadly, truthfulness, honesty and openness are in short supply within swinging, and (as a generalisation) we only have ourselves to blame.

over a year ago

people will always try to manipulate a situation to their advantage.

its human nature to try and get the best for yourself.

if that means leading others on, telling them what you think they want to hear, or just plain and simple bare faced lieing, then its fair game, isnt it?

By *Ryan-Man
over a year ago

In Your Bush

"Sudoku - very annoying.

You are the blooming king of mind games "

Do you fancy dressing up as Heidi for me?

over a year ago

"Sudoku - very annoying.

Do you fancy dressing up as Heidi for me?"

Bugger off

over a year ago

"Men often talk about mind games, how they don't want them, won't put up with them, etc, etc.... But what are they? I'm intrigued! Can you give a practical example of a mind game?"

Men and woman both do x here n in real life x

I can't be doing with it x

over a year ago

Thanks all, interesting, and yes I thought of the same things, especially that it's not gender specific. But I've noticed how frequently guys actually say in their profiles "No mind games!" and I was wondering what precisely they meant? What is it that we do that they so dislike? Or are afraid of? I've never been accused of playing mind games myself, not to my face anyway, I'd like to keep it that way!

over a year ago

"Sudoku - very annoying.

Do you fancy dressing up as Heidi for me?

Bugger off "

Hehehe!

over a year ago

RIGHT ILL SORT THIS RIGHT OUT LOL -

Women to man*

1) Yeah go out have a drink, I'll just have a bath and relax - OMFG YOUR PISSED. I CANT BELIEVE THIS. WAIT UNTIL TOMORROW. OH GETS COCKY WHEN HE'S HAD A DRINK.

2) I'm not that hungry to be honest, I might just go to bed - OMFG YOU DIDNT ORDER ME ANYTHING?! HOW SELFISH IS THAT!?

3) Your phone is very noisy today, wont stop bleeping - I'M NOT BOTHERED WHO YOU TALK TO I JUST DONT WANT TO BE CONSTANTLY LISTENING TO YOUR PHONE BEEPING, ANYWAY WHO IS IT?!

4) Did you say your mum's coming round? - WHY CANT SHE JUST LEAVE YOU ALONE FOR 2 MINUTES, GREAT FACE ACHE AND SLY DIGS, ILL JUST GO TO BED.

5) So I was thinking I'd wear that crem top with the leggings? What have you had for lunch? Josh was a mess last night - ARE YOU ACTUALLY LISTENING TO ME?! YOU KNOW WHAT, FORGET IT IM OFF TO BED.

6) Iv'e made you some vegetable soup - OMFG YOUR HOPELESS, IVE JUST WASHED THAT T-SHIRT AND NOW YOU HAVE SOUP ON IT. GREAT. YOU CANT GO OUT WITH FOOD ON YOUR T-SHIRT, IT MAKES ME LOOK BAD THAT IM NOT WASHING, FFS!!

7) I'm due on my period in 3 days - IF I WANT TO FUCKING SCREAM AND SHOUT I WILL, I TOLD YOU I WAS ON MY PERIOD, YOU DONT KNOW WHAT ITS LIKE.. ILL BE FINE IN A FEW DAYS ITS JUST THE PMT.

8) I was speaking to Annie today - ANNIE'S BOYFRIEND STE SAID TO HER THAT YOU AND HIM WHERE GOING UP TO YORK RACES AND YOU PLAN TO GET WASTED?! DONT THINK SO SUNSHINE, DREAM ON!

9) Oh your making a sandwich, that's nice - CANT YOU SEE THAT I'M MAKING TEA!? HONESTLY YOUR UN-BELIE-VABLE! YOU KNOW WHAT FORGET IT, IM OFF TO BED!

10) Do I look fat in this? YES LOVE YOU LOOK LIKE A TENT. FUCK OFF OUT OF MY FLAT AND LIFE. DO ONE, ENOUGH IS ENOUGH.

Needless to say I called it off. Lasted 6 months. Who needs more that 1 mum!

over a year ago

"Men often talk about mind games, how they don't want them, won't put up with them, etc, etc.... But what are they? I'm intrigued! Can you give a practical example of a mind game?

Men and woman both do x here n in real life x

I can't be doing with it x

"

over a year ago

"Half truths,lies,and

manipulation.

"

For me, this is probably the best description of mind games I have read

over a year ago

"RIGHT ILL SORT THIS RIGHT OUT LOL -

Women to man*

1) Yeah go out have a drink, I'll just have a bath and relax - OMFG YOUR PISSED. I CANT BELIEVE THIS. WAIT UNTIL TOMORROW. OH GETS COCKY WHEN HE'S HAD A DRINK.

2) I'm not that hungry to be honest, I might just go to bed - OMFG YOU DIDNT ORDER ME ANYTHING?! HOW SELFISH IS THAT!?

3) Your phone is very noisy today, wont stop bleeping - I'M NOT BOTHERED WHO YOU TALK TO I JUST DONT WANT TO BE CONSTANTLY LISTENING TO YOUR PHONE BEEPING, ANYWAY WHO IS IT?!

4) Did you say your mum's coming round? - WHY CANT SHE JUST LEAVE YOU ALONE FOR 2 MINUTES, GREAT FACE ACHE AND SLY DIGS, ILL JUST GO TO BED.

5) So I was thinking I'd wear that crem top with the leggings? What have you had for lunch? Josh was a mess last night - ARE YOU ACTUALLY LISTENING TO ME?! YOU KNOW WHAT, FORGET IT IM OFF TO BED.

6) Iv'e made you some vegetable soup - OMFG YOUR HOPELESS, IVE JUST WASHED THAT T-SHIRT AND NOW YOU HAVE SOUP ON IT. GREAT. YOU CANT GO OUT WITH FOOD ON YOUR T-SHIRT, IT MAKES ME LOOK BAD THAT IM NOT WASHING, FFS!!

7) I'm due on my period in 3 days - IF I WANT TO FUCKING SCREAM AND SHOUT I WILL, I TOLD YOU I WAS ON MY PERIOD, YOU DONT KNOW WHAT ITS LIKE.. ILL BE FINE IN A FEW DAYS ITS JUST THE PMT.

8) I was speaking to Annie today - ANNIE'S BOYFRIEND STE SAID TO HER THAT YOU AND HIM WHERE GOING UP TO YORK RACES AND YOU PLAN TO GET WASTED?! DONT THINK SO SUNSHINE, DREAM ON!

9) Oh your making a sandwich, that's nice - CANT YOU SEE THAT I'M MAKING TEA!? HONESTLY YOUR UN-BELIE-VABLE! YOU KNOW WHAT FORGET IT, IM OFF TO BED!

10) Do I look fat in this? YES LOVE YOU LOOK LIKE A TENT. FUCK OFF OUT OF MY FLAT AND LIFE. DO ONE, ENOUGH IS ENOUGH.

Needless to say I called it off. Lasted 6 months. Who needs more that 1 mum!"

Blimey! That sounds like a bit of a nightmare relationship! However, it does sound like a relationship, not a swinging encounter, so I'm still in the dark regarding what guys who say "No mind games" on their profiles, are talking about? Or maybe it's just something they think they need to say, like telling Sydney Uni it will be prosecuted if it copies their pics

By *risky_MareWoman
over a year ago

...Up on the Downs

I have trouble trying to 'translate' male to female. I guess trying to confuse or manipulate with some kind of deception covers it all.

I am certainly very sick of men pretending to be something they are not in order to 'score' - and I guess there are women doing the same?

By *entaur_UKMan
over a year ago

Cannock

"Sudoku - very annoying. "

.............and rubiks cube, hate it.

over a year ago

Mind games just lead to drama and there is nothing I hate more than drama.

By *illwill69uMan
over a year ago

moston

Classic mind-game...

Dropping seemingly innocent comments and references about private hurts into public conversations in front of friends to wind up a partner and influence people who don't know what is going on!

over a year ago

One is not saying what you really want but then get mad and upset when you don't get it.

over a year ago

"Mind games just lead to drama and there is nothing I hate more than drama."

Only on the tv x then if it's dire - switch off x

By *eKoopleCouple
over a year ago

Germany / Manchester

The most notable practice and unfortunately negative form of mind games are played by people, male or female, whos intent is to gain one-upmanship over another person.

Seduction and Power are two of the main reasons why one-upmanship is practiced but only a few manage this effectively. - Mr. B.

over a year ago

Aren't there some mind games that can be fun tho for both people???

By *ophieslutTV/TS
over a year ago

Central

Mind games are just manipulative strategies that all genders use without being open and honest. Some doth protest too much as they are universally played.

over a year ago

Mind games are ubiquitous. The trick is spotting you're in one or watching one.

Post new Message to Thread