Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

have you ever

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Have you ever looked at someone here and thought wow he, she, they do it for me but been put off as soon as you hear them speak?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *adybee77Woman
over a year ago

MAMOBA, miles and miles of bugger all (Aberdeenshire)

"Have you ever looked at someone here and thought wow he, she, they do it for me but been put off as soon as you hear them speak? "

frequently with people who only talk txt spk or gangsta. doesn't do it for me.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

As in accent?

By *inaTitzTV/TS
over a year ago

Titz Towers, North Notts

I have from what people have wrote in the forum. They look fine and the profile reads well and then they type something that gives me a

There are probably a few who read what I type and think so it all balances out in the great cosmos. Not just the little cosmos in my bathroom cabinet, but the great cosmos that is under the stairs.

over a year ago

"As in accent?"
yes or what or how they speak

over a year ago

"I have from what people have wrote in the forum. They look fine and the profile reads well and then they type something that gives me a

There are probably a few who read what I type and think so it all balances out in the great cosmos. Not just the little cosmos in my bathroom cabinet, but the great cosmos that is under the stairs. "

I wondered who had purloined my cosmos...

over a year ago

"As in accent? yes or what or how they speak"
what accent then?

By *inaTitzTV/TS
over a year ago

Titz Towers, North Notts

"I have from what people have wrote in the forum. They look fine and the profile reads well and then they type something that gives me a

There are probably a few who read what I type and think so it all balances out in the great cosmos. Not just the little cosmos in my bathroom cabinet, but the great cosmos that is under the stairs.

I wondered who had purloined my cosmos..."

Is it yours? I have two. The little one and the great one. I did have to sign for the little one, but the great one just arrived one morning all unannounced. It doesn't pay rent and hides my good carpet slippers. I've also had to move the lad who thinks he is a wizard out from under my stairs to make room for it.

over a year ago

"As in accent? yes or what or how they speak"

In that case yes. I got chatting to a good looking man on msn a few years ago and he asked one night if I fancied a chat. Gave him my mobile number and what a shock. He had a really broad accent [won't say which one] plus a high pitched squawk and a lisp.

The voice didn't match the pics AT ALL - that was back in the days before I realised people posted fake pics on profiles

over a year ago

"As in accent? yes or what or how they speak what accent then?"

I don't have any problems with any accent.some are a little difficult to pick up the dialect. But none deter me.. Its more as was said previously the gangster speak...... really grates on my ears

over a year ago

"As in accent? yes or what or how they speak what accent then?

I don't have any problems with any accent.some are a little difficult to pick up the dialect. But none deter me.. Its more as was said previously the gangster speak...... really grates on my ears oh right the bruv talk lol

"

over a year ago

I wondered who had purloined my cosmos...

Is it yours? I have two. The little one and the great one. I did have to sign for the little one, but the great one just arrived one morning all unannounced. It doesn't pay rent and hides my good carpet slippers. I've also had to move the lad who thinks he is a wizard out from under my stairs to make room for it. "

are you sure its a big cosmos and not owl pooh?

over a year ago

"Have you ever looked at someone here and thought wow he, she, they do it for me but been put off as soon as you hear them speak?

frequently with people who only talk txt spk or gangsta. doesn't do it for me."

over a year ago

"As in accent? yes or what or how they speak

In that case yes. I got chatting to a good looking man on msn a few years ago and he asked one night if I fancied a chat. Gave him my mobile number and what a shock. He had a really broad accent [won't say which one] plus a high pitched squawk and a lisp.

The voice didn't match the pics AT ALL - that was back in the days before I realised people posted fake pics on profiles "

I wonder what voice goes with those fabulous legs.... god the mind boggles

By *inaTitzTV/TS
over a year ago

Titz Towers, North Notts

"

are you sure its a big cosmos and not owl pooh? "

It introduced itself as a great cosmos, but there were some feathers and some undelivered mail concerning the death of an SAS chap a few years ago there. I might have to conduct further enquiries, as someone could be missing their mail.

over a year ago

The voice didn't match the pics AT ALL - that was back in the days before I realised people posted fake pics on profiles

I wonder what voice goes with those fabulous legs.... god the mind boggles "

Can't describe my voice but the accent is a Welsh one

over a year ago

Yes! I was texting a guy for ages and he seemed great, then he sent me a vid of himself wanking and saying "yeah baby" in such a creepy voice I just couldn't continue contact.

over a year ago

I wonder what voice goes with those fabulous legs.... god the mind boggles

Can't describe my voice but the accent is a Welsh one "

mmmm paired with those legs tooo...... i gone all of a quiver lol

over a year ago

"

are you sure its a big cosmos and not owl pooh?

It introduced itself as a great cosmos, but there were some feathers and some undelivered mail concerning the death of an SAS chap a few years ago there. I might have to conduct further enquirers, as someone could be missing their mail. "

Maybe you should consult the all powerfull wizzardy thingy ma bob..... they usually know the answers to everything

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

Yes! It's not accents so much as tone of voice and phraseology. If the voice grates then it doesn't matter how gorgeous they appear to be in their picture I just lose all interest.

On the other hand I fell in love with Quasimodo's younger brother many years ago just on the sound of his voice.

The voice is much more important that their looks for me to be attracted.

over a year ago

I've never been put off by a accent

over a year ago

"Yes! It's not accents so much as tone of voice and phraseology. If the voice grates then it doesn't matter how gorgeous they appear to be in their picture I just lose all interest.

On the other hand I fell in love with Quasimodo's younger brother many years ago just on the sound of his voice.

"

I have to agree...

over a year ago

I wondered who had purloined my cosmos..."

Purloined, I've learned a new word today.

By *uby0000Woman
over a year ago

hertfordshire

had a bloke once who never said a word the whole time he was with me... creeped me out

By *inaTitzTV/TS
over a year ago

Titz Towers, North Notts

"had a bloke once who never said a word the whole time he was with me... creeped me out "

Ironically people I meet have the opposite problem - getting me to shut up

By *ce WingerMan
over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

I have been surprised by peoples' accents when I've spoken to them on the phone, but never put off.

The surprise element being when someone has say Southampton as being where they're from but have actually relocated from Northampton

By *ophieslutTV/TS
over a year ago

Central

Ive not had it on fab, but I have had seriously different expectations to the reality of hearing someone speak. Thinking someone would be of average or better brightness, and hearing ignorance or bigotry instead. Usually turned off by hatred or people who have little support or time for others.

By *ee VianteWoman
over a year ago

Somewhere in North Norfolk

"Yes! It's not accents so much as tone of voice and phraseology. If the voice grates then it doesn't matter how gorgeous they appear to be in their picture I just lose all interest.

"

I agree

over a year ago

not too often tbh everyone really nice so far m

By *nne CallanWoman
over a year ago

Nothing to see here. Please move along.

Never been put off but an irish accent just makes me melt