Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

The royals

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Are they news,does it matter what shoes she wears or if that baby likes the bloody zoo or if they put a poppy on a war memorial.

Hope the had a lovely time in Australia, and how much did that cost us?

In other words who bloody cares about the royals and what purpose do they serve?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *isscheekychopsWoman
over a year ago

The land of grey peas and bacon

They keep England afloat from the revenue that tourism brings in from the people who come from all over the world....

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

They bring millions to the Economy every year, that's their purpose and makes a change to see something cheerful in the news opposed to benefit bashing, which country is currently at war or which MP has fiddled expenses.

over a year ago

Ask all the tourists who visit the likes of London etc to see things like Buckingham Palace. In particular ask the likes of Americans who seem to adore our history.

I'm sure you know that they generate a fair bit of money for this country. And from the footage I've seen this week, that seems set to continue. It looks like William and Kate have done a brilliant job as Ambassadors for our country. As for the attention Kate gets on what she wears, can you suggest a better role model for young women in our country? Perhaps some orange skinned, surgically enhanced Chav ??

over a year ago

They are actually worth a lot of money to us,although I don't really care about them

over a year ago

It looks like all the pro royals woke up together perhaps there was a pea in our beds

over a year ago

"Ask all the tourists who visit the likes of London etc to see things like Buckingham Palace. In particular ask the likes of Americans who seem to adore our history.

I'm sure you know that they generate a fair bit of money for this country. And from the footage I've seen this week, that seems set to continue. It looks like William and Kate have done a brilliant job as Ambassadors for our country. As for the attention Kate gets on what she wears, can you suggest a better role model for young women in our country? Perhaps some orange skinned, surgically enhanced Chav ??

"

over a year ago

"It looks like all the pro royals woke up together perhaps there was a pea in our beds "

Ha im not really pro royal,but they are good for us

By *he devil wears pradaWoman
over a year ago

gosport ish

"Are they news,does it matter what shoes she wears or if that baby likes the bloody zoo or if they put a poppy on a war memorial.

In other words who bloody cares about the royals and what purpose do they serve?"

Why did you bother watching the news or reading the papers they were in then? It costs the tax payer 70p each per year, however the revenue that the tourism trade brings in which is millions thanks to UK Plc far out ways this. If you desperately need the 70p let me know and I will send it to you

over a year ago

"Ask all the tourists who visit the likes of London etc to see things like Buckingham Palace. In particular ask the likes of Americans who seem to adore our history.

"

over a year ago

"It looks like all the pro royals woke up together perhaps there was a pea in our beds "

You peed the bed?

over a year ago

"It looks like all the pro royals woke up together perhaps there was a pea in our beds

You peed the bed? "

Oh I see what you did there!!! What a difference an e instead of an a makes

By *iewMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Angus & Findhorn

they get a thumbs up from me, not overly a Royalist but the negativity makes me laugh.

over a year ago

"they get a thumbs up from me, not overly a Royalist but the negativity makes me laugh."

Just think, when you go independent, you will have a whole new royal family of your own - King Alex

By *iewMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Angus & Findhorn

"they get a thumbs up from me, not overly a Royalist but the negativity makes me laugh.

Just think, when you go independent, you will have a whole new royal family of your own - King Alex

"

I'm moving if the vote is Yes

over a year ago

"they get a thumbs up from me, not overly a Royalist but the negativity makes me laugh.

I'm moving if the vote is Yes"

Spare room at our palace. We'll entertain you for a bit

By *rsFine-MrBallsCouple
over a year ago

markinch

"Are they news,does it matter what shoes she wears or if that baby likes the bloody zoo or if they put a poppy on a war memorial.

In other words who bloody cares about the royals and what purpose do they serve? Why did you bother watching the news or reading the papers they were in then? It costs the tax payer 70p each per year, however the revenue that the tourism trade brings in which is millions thanks to UK Plc far out ways this. If you desperately need the 70p let me know and I will send it to you "

So there are in the region of 65 million peeps in the uk, costing us a megre 70 p per person, For that they bring in millions, divide the amount they bring in by the 65 million peeps, Are we negative or positive equity .

By *iewMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Angus & Findhorn

I'm moving if the vote is Yes

Spare room at our palace. We'll entertain you for a bit "

happy days cheers

over a year ago

In other words who bloody cares about the royals and what purpose do they serve?"

I agree. Not newsworthy in the least.

As for the tourism revenue argument, the statistics show that it is redundant, Buckingham Palace isn't even in the top ten of revenue generating tourist attractions in this country. Also, do people really think if this were a republicthat the tourists would stop coming?!

They are an archaic drain on a ssociety that is already struggling to hold it together, and seeing those braying toffs living it up on my tax money boils my piss.

over a year ago

In other words who bloody cares about the royals and what purpose do they serve?

As for the tourism revenue argument, the statistics show that it is redundant, Buckingham Palace isn't even in the top ten of revenue generating tourist attractions in this country. Also, do people really think if this were a republicthat the tourists would stop coming?!

They are an archaic drain on a ssociety that is already struggling to hold it together, and seeing those braying toffs living it up on my tax money boils my piss.

"

Its not just tourism,they are worth a lot more to our country than me or you

over a year ago

The millions generated in tourism is largely imagined rather than real. Would tourists suddenly stop coming to Britain if the royal family ceased to exist? Not very likely. Look at France, it gets more than double the tourists we see in Britain, despite chopping off all its royal heads over 200 years ago.

Kate does have a nice arse, though.

By *ayercakeMan
over a year ago

Gateshead

"

over a year ago

"The millions generated in tourism is largely imagined rather than real. Would tourists suddenly stop coming to Britain if the royal family ceased to exist? Not very likely. Look at France, it gets more than double the tourists we see in Britain, despite chopping off all its royal heads over 200 years ago.

Kate does have a nice arse, though."

They certainly don't come for the weather

over a year ago

We should have kicked the monarchy out ten years ago and voted in President blair, then got rid of the house of lords that way all the castles and royal residences could be turned into flop houses for the homeless..those not grabbed by El presidento Blair for himself and the Committee of course.

Welcome the Revolution my Brothers this time next year we will all be equal..ish.

Che

over a year ago

i like them, better than some of these stuck up fake celebrity types.

By *uby0000Woman
over a year ago

hertfordshire

the queen is sooo sweet

kate and wills will be good for the uk

George is cute

still don't like Camilla

over a year ago

"

This

over a year ago

"

This!

over a year ago

I would love to have gone to Australia with Kate....she looks like an exceptional fuck.

over a year ago

It's not just the money they generate but the effect they have on us as a country worldwide .

Ambassadors and a bloody good job they do too .

over a year ago

I care

By *extoysareusCouple
over a year ago

kinky heaven

Looks like there are still a lot of people who believe in fairy tales

By *azzasheeneMan
over a year ago

kent

I'd give the Queen one.

She looks reet dirty.

By *ctaviusStuntMan
over a year ago

plymouth

there is no evidence the royals bring in any revenue what so ever. tourists visit historic buildings they dont visit the royals. I get a laugh out of people who still wish to defend, bow and curtsey to the monarchy like some 15th century gimp serf.

over a year ago

absolutely love this couple and baby George. The Royal Family bring in a lot of revenue to this country. Historically they have been with us and I hope it never ends. Worth every penny in my book

By *ScotsmanMan
over a year ago

ayrshire

god save the queen, rule Britania and all that. .. though i did realise last night that Kate must be fucking Wullie to see what its like to be queen

over a year ago

I like them.

Also it gives the grumpy people something else to whine about.

By *iss_tressWoman
over a year ago

London

I don't know what it is about the Cambridge's that make me they just do. Her Majesty: long may she reign. All in all I'm indifferent to the whole family.

over a year ago

If believing in the Monarchy and the tradition that makes this country what it is means i am a Gimp then so be it.

Nobody has shown me a successful alternative to date

Oswald Mosely

By *inaTitzTV/TS
over a year ago

Titz Towers, North Notts

I don't really care much for the idea of a royal family or hereditary ruling classes, but I think they probably make more money than what they cost us.

By *ctaviusStuntMan
over a year ago

plymouth

hmmm some people on here are either liars or seriously mis informed. the royals dont generate any revenue, its a myth and something that lunatics say when ever the question of the monarchy is raised. some poster even thinks they keep the country afloat !!

The country is kept afloat by the city of london, we are pretty much solely reliable on the revenue it generates which is a very very dangerous situation.

By *iewMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Angus & Findhorn

liars

over a year ago

Isnt Anarchy wonderful.

Gimp

over a year ago

I've found the whole coverage in Australia quite nauseating and chose to avoid it where possible.

As for the whole concept of the Royal Family per se - I wouldn't be upset to see the cessation in the years to come.

over a year ago

Liar, lunatic and gimp

over a year ago

"hmmm some people on here are either liars or seriously mis informed. the royals dont generate any revenue, its a myth and something that lunatics say when ever the question of the monarchy is raised. some poster even thinks they keep the country afloat !!

The country is kept afloat by the city of london, we are pretty much solely reliable on the revenue it generates which is a very very dangerous situation."

Tina's Titz keep this country afloat.

Anyone that disagrees with me is a gimp and a liar.

Aaaaand a lunatic.

over a year ago

"hmmm some people on here are either liars or seriously mis informed. the royals dont generate any revenue, its a myth and something that lunatics say when ever the question of the monarchy is raised. some poster even thinks they keep the country afloat !!

The country is kept afloat by the city of london, we are pretty much solely reliable on the revenue it generates which is a very very dangerous situation.

Tina's Titz keep this country afloat.

Anyone that disagrees with me is a gimp and a liar.

Aaaaand a lunatic. "

Do you think she gets flight discounts for taking her own buoyancy aids

Post new Message to Thread