Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Things that are not right :(

Jump to newest

By *hooter McGavin OP   Man
over a year ago

Exeter

I am a bit of a movie fan and quite enjoy going to the cinema but what I do dislike is how much they can charge you for a ticket, a while ago a DVD was like a £10 or so and that's what you can pay to see a film, and don't get me started on nibbles and sweets and drinks, it's another case of rip off Britain, the only good thing about it is if you go to the savoy cinema in Exmouth in Devon on a Monday all the films all day are only £3.99 even if it's 3D

What ticks you off

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Shame yer not near Huddersfield and the Empire.

Don't know what the admission price is, but i understand you get free blowjobs with each admission (of gheyiety).

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

Buildings are expensive, staff are expensive and film distribution is expensive. DVDs are mass produced, shipped in bulk and have minimal staff handling costs.

I like going to the cinema but I know it all has to be paid for.

I get annoyed at people throwing the dog poo bags up into the trees. What's that about?

By *ScotsmanMan
over a year ago

ayrshire

you should think yourself lucky our cinema is £12admission and a garden shed soaked in pish would be preferable to sit . . .

over a year ago

Go on a Wednesday for orange Wednesdays.

If you're not with orange, get a mate to text you the code and change their name to the number that orange uses.

Win

over a year ago

"

I get annoyed at people throwing the dog poo bags up into the trees. What's that about?"

Agree! totally gross!

over a year ago

"Go on a Wednesday for orange Wednesdays.

If you're not with orange, get a mate to text you the code and change their name to the number that orange uses.

Win "

the savoy in exmouth do not let you get the code from you're mates phone!

over a year ago

"Buildings are expensive, staff are expensive and film distribution is expensive. DVDs are mass produced, shipped in bulk and have minimal staff handling costs.

I like going to the cinema but I know it all has to be paid for.

I get annoyed at people throwing the dog poo bags up into the trees. What's that about?"

it's a competition with those that throw trainers over telephone cables

over a year ago

Win the savoy in exmouth do not let you get the code from you're mates phone! "

Are they on to the trick?

By *ScotsmanMan
over a year ago

ayrshire

"

I get annoyed at people throwing the dog poo bags up into the trees. What's that about?

Agree! totally gross!"

you must be talkin about ayr cinema they also throw tubs of piss from the circle

over a year ago

"

Agree! totally gross! you must be talkin about ayr cinema they also throw tubs of piss from the circle "

that's quite sophisticated for ayr from what i remember

over a year ago

Win the savoy in exmouth do not let you get the code from you're mates phone!

Are they on to the trick? "

only them!

over a year ago

I don't mind paying for the cinema but it pisses me off that they sell really noisy food and all I can hear for the first 30 mins is people crunching crisps and rustling sweet bags.

over a year ago

The Regal cinema in Evesham is fantastic

Re-vamped art deco cinema...tables and arm chairs downstairs...wine brought to your table from the bar. Cheese board plus pate can be orded to table etc delivered by waitresses...

People dress up to go....great night out

They have events too... L wanted to see a strip show there lol....i was the only bloke in the audience....drank a couple of bottles n waited for the after show party

Tripadvisor ftw

Anyway, not all cinemas are crap

The regal shows how it should be done...

End of advert and no i dont work in a cinema lol

over a year ago

A film can cost 25 million upward to make so suck it up sheila

over a year ago

We take the children on a Saturday morning. Only one pound each. We take our own drinks and snacks. It's hardly ever busy.

Wonderbar

By *ScotsmanMan
over a year ago

ayrshire

. .the kids want to go swimming when we get up so im taking them to the foyer at ladbrookes . . . .

By *empting Devil.Woman
over a year ago

Sheffield

Win the savoy in exmouth do not let you get the code from you're mates phone!

Are they on to the trick? "

If you've got an old phone invest in an Orange simcard and a fivers worth of credit - it will still be cheaper than the cost of a ticket and you'll get many free tickets from the fiver.

over a year ago

There's a local cinema in Halifax that's all retro, it even has an break halfway through the film for ice cream, all films are 2.75

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman
over a year ago

evesham

"The Regal cinema in Evesham is fantastic

Re-vamped art deco cinema...tables and arm chairs downstairs...wine brought to your table from the bar. Cheese board plus pate can be orded to table etc delivered by waitresses...

People dress up to go....great night out

They have events too... L wanted to see a strip show there lol....i was the only bloke in the audience....drank a couple of bottles n waited for the after show party

Tripadvisor ftw

Anyway, not all cinemas are crap

The regal shows how it should be done...

End of advert and no i dont work in a cinema lol"

Despite living near evesham and driving past on a regular basis I only went there for the first time last month and in is amazing!!

I don't mind paying £10 a ticket to go there!

over a year ago

We are happy to oay the price for our local showcase as the cinema is excellent, the sound is brilliant, the screens are big and the picture is very good and the seats are comfy, to save money you can buy sweets etc elsewhere, it costs lots of to make and put on a film and i personally dont mind paying for it as i enjoy it

By *B9 QueenWoman
over a year ago

Over the rainbow, under the bridge

Try going to the theatre if you think the cinema is pricey!! Personally, I think it's a cheap night out.

Post new Message to Thread