Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

The snip

Jump to newest

By *isscheekychops OP   Woman
over a year ago

The land of grey peas and bacon

One of my friends boyfriend has just had the snip at 33...I find that awfully young...they have two children but ever the cynical person I am what if the relationship does not last and he meets someone who wants kids...having been in a relationship where we were looking at reversal many moons ago the success rate in some cases are slim...

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I had my bits welded at 30. Needed to be done. Sometimes you just know

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

little house on the praire

I know a few guys around that age that have had it done, maybe they just don't want more children full stop.

over a year ago

"I know a few guys around that age that have had it done, maybe they just don't want more children full stop.

"

You know what...you are possibly right...I just think it's so young...but I suppose people have kids early on in life....I'm a late bloomer lol

over a year ago

I was 28 when I had snip, had to have the councilling and asked 'what if you seperate' and what if you loose a child'.. but I honestly think that having kids early worked for us and theres no way of 'replacing' a child! we are happy,xx

over a year ago

i really wanted the snip when me and V got together, as she already has kids from her ex, and i have never wanted any.

they wouldnt let me because i dont have kids at all and i may want them (if i havent wanted them by 36 then whats the chance of ever wanting them? lol)

in the end she got done instead.

but i still want to go through with it at some point.

probably in another couple of years.

By *eforfuncplCouple
over a year ago

Morecambe

"One of my friends boyfriend has just had the snip at 33...I find that awfully young...they have two children but ever the cynical person I am what if the relationship does not last and he meets someone who wants kids...having been in a relationship where we were looking at reversal many moons ago the success rate in some cases are slim..."

I've had the chop friend had his reversed and had had 3 kids since so can be done

over a year ago

I'm thinking about it, the thought of being a father scares the living bejesus out of me.

over a year ago

"i really wanted the snip when me and V got together, as she already has kids from her ex, and i have never wanted any.

they wouldnt let me because i dont have kids at all and i may want them (if i havent wanted them by 36 then whats the chance of ever wanting them? lol)

probably in another couple of years."

Don't say that I'm 34...lol

over a year ago

i dont think 33 is that young, better than having more children you dont realy want.

By *yrdwomanWoman
over a year ago

Putting the 'cum' in Eboracum

Some people just want to stay childfree. My daughter and her boyfriend know they don't want children but no doctor will give him the snip. My FB had the snip at 35 and had to beg the doctor, even though he's had two kids.

I once went to ask to get sterilised and the doctor said 'what if your daughter died?', as if I would replace her like a new car or something. Silly man.

By *udistnorthantsMan
over a year ago

Desborough

I was 35 when I had the Snip. Already had a healthy s/daughter and daughter with my then wife. Councelling was short and sweet as it was either the snip for me or other means of contraception as she was having to come off the Pill due to High Blood Pressure. As we had two healthy girls and didn't want any more, even though it would have been nice to have had a boy to carry on the family name, we went for the snip. Never regretted it.

over a year ago

Maybe I'm seeing it from a naive side of it as I don't have any kids yet...I totally get why people do it though...

over a year ago

My kids dad had it done at 30,,, we already had two kids by that time and I was so unwell while pregnant with the second that he said its what he wanted to do.... Ironic really as then at 39 I had to have a hysterectomy anyway.... Even though we are no longer together I know for a fact that he never regretted it....

Everyone is different I suppose as to when they want children

over a year ago

"i really wanted the snip when me and V got together, as she already has kids from her ex, and i have never wanted any.

Don't say that I'm 34...lol "

but we are different people, cheeky.

i have my motorbike.

i would hate to have to give that up to buy bloody nappies and decorate a bloody nursery lol.

if i had had sprogs when i was younger, great, even though i have never been paternal, i would have worked it through and done my best.

im now too old, too set in my ways and a little too selfish to want anyone hanging off me that cant look after themselves (which is why V is so lucky lol)

By *ucky1Man
over a year ago

a straightjacket

I've recently had the procedure and even at my ripe age I had the chat with the doctor... the missus was also present. Reversals these days have a very low success rate as they now remove more of the tubes, so if you're going to get it done, make sure you deffo don't want any more children.

I don't think age comes into it, if the fella is certain he doesn't need his swimmers, then go ahead and get it done

By *ewlywedloversCouple
over a year ago

Lancs/ greater manchester

I had it done in feb at 34. I have had 3 kids in total. First daughter was still born at full term, second daughter is now 6 and my and my son is 3. I met Lu 18 months ago and she has a son aged 15. We don't want any more kids between us so I made the choice to have it done. I didn't want to be one of these dads that have kids in more than one place so I'm now just waiting till June when I can send my first sample off and hopefully get the all clear

over a year ago

Don't say that I'm 34...lol

but we are different people, cheeky.

i have my motorbike.

i would hate to have to give that up to buy bloody nappies and decorate a bloody nursery lol.

if i had had sprogs when i was younger, great, even though i have never been paternal, i would have worked it through and done my best.

im now too old, too set in my ways and a little too selfish to want anyone hanging off me that cant look after themselves (which is why V is so lucky lol)"

I totally understand where you are coming from...

By *ancs MinxWoman
over a year ago

Burnley

"I know a few guys around that age that have had it done, maybe they just don't want more children full stop.

"

over a year ago

I never wanted a child, but when i was told i was having one i had to change my mind.

Thought about adoption for a few days but quickly snapped outta that phase..

4 years on id be lost without her, but its no way the path id have taken with choice.

i watch one born every minute n get all broody but realistically i know i wont have another

over a year ago

C had the snip at 25! He was the youngest bloke they had in. No counselling just off to docs for asked how many kids he had (3) and they booked him in. We wasn't expecting them to let him have it done

over a year ago

He had the snip at 30 but we have 5 kids between us x

By *uke olovingmanMan
over a year ago

Gravesend

after two boys .. second of which was special.. i had the snip ... then we had a daughter .. oops super sperm got through .. so re snipped im deffo firing blanks now ... and my daughter has two kids of her own

over a year ago

nightrider was snipped at 25 as he said at the time we have one boy one girl what more could we want plus we could not afford to have any more.

over a year ago

I was snipped at the age of 28. I'm 50 now and never regretted it

By *ackandkateCouple
over a year ago

Truro

Was 33 when I was done.

over a year ago

Hubby was 26!!

By that point he had 4 children (2 with me and 2 with ex) and I'd had an ectopic. All 3 of my pregnancies were not planned, and despite using contraception he still knocked me up lol.

Doc said it's the youngest he knows of in Grampian area.

over a year ago

I was 37 and 39 when we had our two. We have a boy and a girl, and neither of us wanted to have more so i had the snip. I have to say it was not the most pleasant of experiences,but it is a good excuse to wank yourself silly for 3 months after??????????

By *uby0000Woman
over a year ago

hertfordshire

hubby had it done in his thirties after three kids wen we met I was 3 months gone lol

over a year ago

I'm 28 and have talked about it but don't think we will get it done. We think we are a bit young atm as you never know what you might want later down the line.

I have always said Marlene may not always be my wife, as bad as that sounds. Also i cant afford for the surgeon to slip. But there is always other precautions (the withdraw method lol(not really)) which we take as we think surgery is too permanent.

Post new Message to Thread